main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT CT Rumors and Theories

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Resistance_Man, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Resistance_Man

Resistance_Man Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    So I think most people know about the infamous Dragonslayer Rancor “fight” photo that circulated the infant internet back in the early 1980s and was thought to be a Rancor-Krayt Dragon Fight. Were there any other real rumors or theories or misconceptions from back during the time of the CT?? This is a topic that has long intrigued me but I’ve never known anyone around back then that speculated about this type of stuff. If you know any popular CT theories from back then, or were someone who speculated about them, feel free to post! The stranger the better!

whostheBossk and oierem like this.
  2. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    The 'net wasn't really available to the public back then, and any info I got was from "Bantha Tracks" or official sources. Thus, I can't remember much of any fan rumors, beyond wondering if Vader was lying or not. I'm sure someone better plugged into the fan community of the time would have a better answer.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    There have been threads on this in the past. I'll have to track them down.

By far the most hilarious one I remember reading about was that some fans theorized Boba Fett was Luke's mother.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  4. Resistance_Man

Resistance_Man Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    Oh good lord, now this is the type of fan theories that this fandom should be coming up with! :p

I vaguely remember hearing a theory about Obi-Wan actually being spelt "Obi-1", and that he was the first clone made during the Clone Wars, was this something anyone actually thought of?

Sarge and StartCenterEnd like this.
  5. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I read the Boba one in the Making of Return of the Jedi.

This could have been an early draft of TESB rather than a fan theory, but that Lando was descended from the clones from the Clone Wars.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  6. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    That was actually in Leigh Brackett's rough draft, and was suggested by George Lucas.

7. dash rendar is young obi wan

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I think that was posed in a long article in Fantastic Films magazine , I'll have to go look them out

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I was too young to know about rumors back then. The big one I remember was Revenge changing to Return.

There are publicity photos taken where Luke appears captured by the Endor Rebel Commandos. These were a purposeful misdirect by LucasFilm. Not sure if they were used or not.

whostheBossk and BigAl6ft6 like this.