main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Seems like CW lost one of it's best actors.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Darn it! I knew something was up based on his poster placement. This leave Caity as the last original Legend.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What happenned to the others, sorry i haven¨t been kept in touch with this.

4. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    They’ve all left:

The hawks left at the end of Season 1 along with Cold.
    Rip was reduced in Seasons 2 and 3 before leaving. Likewise, Stein and Jax also left in Season 3.
    Ray left last season and it sounds like Brandon didn’t want to leave- so they screwed him over just like they are doing to Dominic.

So this leaves Sarah Lance and Gideon as the only original members left.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    it's why i probalry stopped watching all these cw shows, i have force myself to watching them. actors being screwed over and leaves.

6. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Praise Beebo! Legends is back on tonight. A bit sad that this will be Mick’s last full season but hopefully he gets a decent send off.

7. Charmbracelet

Charmbracelet Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    I legit forgot that Legends is premiering tonight. I am pumped for whatever shenanigans they throw our way this season.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Astra; I really liked her arc last season.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    new trailer for what is coming on superman & lois:

some good shots of the "injustice" world superman, and one of jordan developing heat vision.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Aww about Mick, I knew something was up given how limited his role was in the past several episodes.

Either way Legends is still my favorite of the Arrowverse.

Also am enjoying Superman & Lois, but it is still too early for me to say how much.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Can I just say in re: last week's episode of Lois and Superman just how much of a fantastic relationship Clark and Lois have? It's possibly the healthiest relationship on the CW (low bar maybe)... but no secrets, trusting each other, etc...

11. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Yeah, I am waiting for the moment when Lois will say We are Superman :D

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It honestly is refreshing. It also is refreshing to see them interact with the teenagers on the show how people interact in the real world with teenagers. Also that the teen angst for the most part has been at appropriate times and not for the sake of drama.

I honestly have yet to be disappointed in this show.

Mia Mesharad and heels1785 like this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
    PrincessKenobi likes this.
  14. Charmbracelet

Charmbracelet Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    That sounds perfect! I need a cameo by the Queen of Christmas (Mariah Carey).

[Obligatory: All hail Beebo!]

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    so, was revealed last night that "general luthor" is

john henry irons, aka "steel"
    (was wearing stolen luthor tech)

holy crap. this show is amazing.

Yodaminch, Juliet316, dp4m and 2 others like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I was actually sitting there and turned to Mav and said " I know they said Luthor but he's really acting more like John Henry Irons " when he was engineering with his daughter...

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    poor grammar aside, i 100% agree with the sentiment of this thread on reddit:

it's uncanny, really - i think a lot of cavill and routh, and although reeve/reeves were before my time, their performances are iconic. tyler hoechlin is my favorite live action portrayal of kal-el, and i am confident that it isn't recency bias.

the clip a few pages back of him saving every single person on the collapsing bridge in china, and then kidding around with the local fisherman afterwards is exactly what superman is to me.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, nothing's gonna beat Reeve for me, but this is easily second-best.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Man, every clip just reminds me this show seriously cannot come to eastern European Netflix soon enough.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Juliet316, heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    you'll get to binge it all at once, though! i think you'll really enjoy it.

Ramza likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I was a little confused with the most recent Superman & Lois episode for a bit

is he Steel or Lex until the one line at the end "The suit is still set for Lex Luthor!" which answered the whole "Captain Luthor" AI thing. I guess they wanted a twist like the Hank Hensaw/Martian Manhunter twist early on in Supergirl. Although I will say when John dismissed Clark as a nobody that felt very Luthor to me. Still, Steel! So I'm guessing he'll be evil Steel for a bit and then by the end he'll be Good Guy Steel. Slow roll, maybe not even this season. Cuz it would be weird if Steel was the baddie for the whole series.

I've been enjoying this unbroken string of Super-people shows since Superman & Lois premiered cuz it rolled right into Supergirl and then right back into S&L and then apparently back into Supergirl in August. Supergirl was okay for it's return run, Lex had a great courtroom rant, some time travel shenanigans with uncannily cast younger versions (aside from Young Kat, actress had the vibe but didn't look exactly like 2000s era Calista Flockhart). The start of the season kinda felt like a Supergirl spin-off pitch showcase as Melissia Benoist is on mostly maternity leave by sticking her in the Phantom Zone for a scene or two every episode. But with the most recent revelations in Superman and Lois I hope that clears the runaway to easily integrate Lex into the show when Supergirl ends (and he got frequently named dropped in the last episode too)

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  22. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    That reveal was so good and fits perfectly with what we knew and what the others shows had already set up regarding alternate earth versions of people. This is easily my favourite show at the moment.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    The reveal was perfect.

I was suspicious first when:

Natalie was introduced. My knowledge of Steel is EXTREMLY limited, but I do still remember the animated series when Steel had a niece and I thought her name was Natalie. So when they started working on the suit, I started to wonder. But that Hammer reveal was amazing!

Honestly, Superman and Lois is the best thing DC has done in ages. I just hope they don't blow it. Stargirl was also very good so I hope that continues strong when it returns.

And as always, Legends never fails to disappoint me.

Gary is an alien! Of course he is! And of course he doesn't like eating people!
    Zari has to save the world by beating another alien in a singing competition? Of course.

And Mick! Mick manages to nearly start world war 3 before saving everyone and getting off to retrieve Sarah. I'm so going to miss Mick when he leaves the ship.

Supergirl wasn't bad. I wasn't really a fan of the reason for the flashback.
    You would think by now Lena would have some spare Supergirl DNA somewhere. Not to mention the DEO- which I guess is truly gone based on what Legends showed us. I did like the flashback though. I thought young Cat Grant showed however why the show has suffered with her absence. While J'onn has been a great father figure, he just wasn't the same mentor that Cat Grant was to Kara. She pushed the human side of Kara in a way that no other character has done since. In fact, Kara is mostly Supergirl with some occasional reporting. Lena helped for the balance a bit, but even then it wasn't the same as what Cat did. I really wish we could have seen more of Callista before the show ended. I also always wanted Harrison to play Perry for at least one good interaction between the two. Hoping though that someone from Superman and Lois pays Callista for just one cameo where she and Lois can match barbs. I'm glad we're done with the Phantom Zone but honestly have no idea what the rest of the season's plan is.

Which brings me to my criticisms. I think both Supergirl and Flash are just treading water. The stakes aren't being felt here. Supergirl's season honestly feels like they just went with what they wrote to cover for Melissa's pregnancy. I wish they had used the pandemic to come up with something better. The least believable thing about all of this was how long it took to resolve this plot. The Flash had a great concept with all these forces, but it's squandered it. And it can't seem to figure out what it wants to do with Killer Frost and her arc. The handwave at the end was just too much to get behind.

Having said that, I think Black Lightning actually was the worst offender. Between serving as a backdoor pilot for Painkiller (which wasn't picked up) and trying to introduce all these characters- the show basically did nothing with them. The best parts probably were Anissa and Grace and then the entire arc for Jennifer.
    But Lopez just never really did anything until the last episode which... was stupid. And after all this time, the final battle with Jefferson and Tobias was terrible. And not just because of the awful effects. It's just a terrible way to end things. Then, for reasons that elude me, they decide to set up a cliffhanger for a series finale.

Black Lightning had some absolutely brilliant moments. I think it and The Flash along with Supergirl did help these creators learn from past mistakes that, for the most part, they aren't making with Superman and Lois. Though, Jordan not telling Clark things is getting old so I hope that is done.

And as to Batwoman... still feels like the Kate Kane show.

I do appreciate the progress with Ryan and Sophie and the Cluemaster and Stephanie Brown intro was good. But it feels like the show is trying to be too many things and isn't good at being any of them. And the decision for Sophie to leave the Crows came at the wrong part of the plot. It should have come in this next episode.
    Also feels like they are wasting good potential recurring characters with the way they handled Stephanie and Cluemaster. Stephanie certainly seems a bit old to be Spoiler.

Going back to Superman and Lois though, I just love this show. I love the effects. But I think what I really enjoy the most is Clark being a dad and passing on what his parents taught him. The football scene was great. As was the training in the barn. I just hope WB doesn't screw this up and just let's the team do what they are doing because it is really well done so far.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually yah they tried to write off Kate Kane and now they're back to "Hey! Kate's back! Sorta!" and Ryan once again seems like a temporary replacement. I've been digging the guy who played Black Mask though, great line delivery like when he's hacking a dude in half with a tablesaw and says it's an internal employee management manner. Even though Alice has literally been running in circles all season I still get a kick out of anything she does.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Yodaminch likes this.
  25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Honestly, Alice is amazing. Just stick her on the Waverider if they cancel Batwoman.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.