main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey, Gen Antilles, why are you posting theories and speculation as spoilers?

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Pretty cool that we're going to have the craziest Al Ghul on the show.

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Because they relate to things that have happened on the show and there is no spoiler warning in the thread title so I'm being cautious.

Honestly I find spoiler-phobia bizarre and would rather not use them, but it's better than getting the 'WAIT MALCOLM IS ALIVE?! SPOILER ALERT DUDE!!' 'THEA IS HIS DAUGHTER?!! SPOILERS!!!!'

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ach. Dude! Malcolm's alive? (Yeah, I haven't seen much of season 2)

Sent from my Samsung Mega Astromech Droid

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey man, yeah he is. Caveat emptor and all that.

6. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    They haven't acknowledged the Malcom thing in a while.

7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    And I'm glad - they shouldn't play all their cards in one go.

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm waiting for Malcolm and Slade to form their Legion of Oliver Doom.

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Another great episode tonight. I love how this show continues to amp things up.

Love Moira running for Mayor ala Ollie in the comics. I wonder if this will eventually lead to Ollie's own run in a few seasons. A little concerned about Walter's willingness to make sure her doctor won't be a problem. And let's be honest the real problem is MALCOLM!

Did NOT expect Ollie to reveal himself to Roy tonight AND bring him into the club with Diggle and Felicity. But I'm also glad they are finally moving his story along. Like Moira, it's nice to see these characters get some development.

I knew Ollie had called Sarah. Especially after he gave that speech about love as the most powerful emotion. It was clear that Lance wasn't going to get through to her. But yeah, dead sister coming back from the dead will do the trick (or make Laurel drink some more but for good reason!)

Also, when Amanda Waller was introduced earlier in the season, did she have red high heels? Was this our clue that Waller was Fyers boss from Season 1?

So did the writers completely forget about Isabel Rochev? I'm hoping she'll tie into the Al Ghul stuff or something. Otherwise, she's the only waste of the season so far. Which is a shame as I liked the character.

Love this show and can't wait for next week.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Isabel was the one being hinted at a little as being Fyers benefactor. There's also potential ties with Moira and Robert Queen, along with her name being on The List. And her history from the comics lends a bit towards that and as someone who will be trouble for Oli.

Wild speculation from me, is that again the writers are playing with us and our expectations of what will happen because of the comics. What if Isabel happens to end up being Talia?

Also, the two identity revelations at the end of the episode weren't all that surprising in the end, and I'm happy they have happened this quickly. Also, "I'm creating more of a Squad.....". This should be interesting.

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I guess this is gonna be one of the ones that mispronounces Ra's.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

The "next week on Arrow" stinger had Nyssa properly pronounce the name, so at least there's that.

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    If Isabel is Talia I'm gonna stop watching.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    If this series is namedropping so many DC characters and locations, why can't at least we get a nod to Metropolis or -more importantly - Gotham? Or does Fox's project guarantee that's not gonna happen?

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No she didn't. That's the problem. Ra's is Arabic. It's pronounced Rahz. Raysh is idiotic American nonsense.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree very much with Vivec. It was distracting in Arkham City, it's worse on this show. Nolan got it right.

17. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So... anyone else think Moria's 'we need to take care of him...' talk with Walter about her doctor was rather ominous?

Also her mayoral campaign slogan should be something about 'shaking things up' in Starling City. Normally a mass murderer running for office would seem idiotic. But this is the DC Universe where Lex Luthor was elected president of the United States. We should be surprised Malcolm himself isn't running.

18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Sebastian Blood will be quaking in his boots.

GenAntilles likes this.
  19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I was thinking about this. I don't think she's Tahlia. But I could see her having a double identity. We know Slade wants to completely destroy Oliver. He had blood befriend him, he had Blood get close to Laurel. But if he wants to totally destroy everything Ollie has built, he seems to be ignoring Queen Consolidated. Or, maybe that's where Isabel comes in. We know from past episodes that Joey is alive in this universe. So what about Rose? Could Isabel be Rose Wilson?

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    That might be something, although that'd be really weird to spring on the viewers. I mean, they had to remind us Joe exists, after all.

What if Isabel's going to play a role akin to Terra in The Judas Contract? That could be interesting.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Isn't Isabel Rochev already a Green Arrow comic villain? Why make her into another villain?

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    She is - but I think it'd be neat if she's working with Slade somehow, or he's tricked her into working with him, kind of like Terra from Judas Contract. Except not exactly like Judas Contract because honestly Slade's a creeper in that comic.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What' happened to Laurel's face? It's like she lost a lot of weight she didn't have to lose or something.

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Maybe to show side effects of her addiction?

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

I stand corrected and I get you. I for one have never understood understand how the hell you get a "raysh" pronunciation out of it.

No kidding. I was starting to wonder if she had been replaced with another actress. That's how different she looks to me.

Ender Sai likes this.