main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Cult Encounters and Supernatural Encounters (even more new Legends material!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    anyone else think there may be a connection between "Alashan" and "Ashla" ?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm guessing Alashan derives from Alsakan.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    My newest favorite story now has a page on one of my favorite sites! Thank you so much for adding it over there, and I will indeed look in to adding more.

The other thing to do is to archive this entire thread, with images, on Archive.org AND on better online archives such as archive.is/archive.today. When I take delivery of my hardcover copy I'll also be keeping a printed out PDF of this whole thread and a few related ones (mostly with Sith stuff).

4. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Any idea / timeframe for a release date yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Depends on how long the art takes. The artist Joe hired has been on vacation and just got back recently.

JediFett10 and darklordoftech like this.
  6. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    was dabbling again in the Japanese Vn/manga/anime/mobile game series fate during my most recent ban from here and one thing that stood out to me is that in every version of the verse all the versions of Sakura matou get more or less treated a lot like Tilotny/Abeloth in most of them

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. cherifzachary

cherifzachary Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 16, 2018
    Did anyone else notice that the killik's mounds from legends and the lothal jedi temple (with access to the world between worlds) from canon' look a lot alike?
    Killik Mound:

[​IMG]

Lothal temple:
    [​IMG]

Also I just notice that the Killiks called Alderaan, Oroboro. The oroboro is a motive that is very prevalent in cult and supernatural encounters.

8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

As much as I love Lothal and Rebels, I am still disappointed that they used what previously had been attributed to Alderaan for Lothal. Legends Alderaan basically = Lothal lookwise. But ever since ROTS turned Alderaan into Switzerland, they reattributed McQuarries Legends Alderaan / Sicemon concept art for Lothal.

Still headcanon: Killiks were once on Lothal too and are tied to the World between Worlds whose Force leylines are like a supernatural spiders web transcending all of space and time! Interdimensional spiders here we come. I mean, if Wolves can walk through solid matter... Spiders can walk through spacetime!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Cronal likes this.
  9. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    JediFett10, Daneira and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh cool! Handy.

11. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
  12. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    do we know anything about the Kooroo? Wookiepedia has not much. Was wondering if they may have a connection to the Wookiees? Maybe their progenitor species?

Sorry if i'm grasping at straws here, just re-reading SE and looking for clues

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Reincarnation, Timetravel, Multiverse and else...

In a way SW had all this for a while already, but never truly in the forefront like in other franchises. It hid in RPG circles for a while or tie in articles and guides more so than any broad public knowledge. Well until TCW and Rebels brought it into the spotlight briefly.

To some its un-starwarsy, others love it and want more. But what is the next big shocking thing they could do? It's mostly been there, done that. the Movies were less direct than Rebels and TCW with supernatural elements. Comics, books and guides went further than tv even or as far.

I feel like something big is coming that needs only little time in Episode IX and not big convoluted twists or explanations which are reserved for tie in material.

Something luminous?

14. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    so remember we are just a month and a bit out from the myths book that is dropping in the first week of August will we get any references to our beloved queen of stars

PCCViking likes this.
  15. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    ...what myths book

16. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    [​IMG]

17. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
  18. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    So, you think Wutzek considers himself and the Heroes of Yavin "even" after he killed the Five, or does he still owe them one? If so... very intriguing "out" for some of the more controversial late-EU deaths (Chewie, Mara, Jacen) right there...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Curse you @Hamburger_Time! You're getting the creative juices flowing again. I'd say even but who can say with Wutzek?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    I'll have to read the issue of the comic again, but i got the impression Wutzek didnt give a care about them. Didn't he say something like "maybe i should kill you too"?

--edit--
    found the image but i can't seem to post it. Wutzek says "Ah yes. My noble rescuers... Shall I kill you too, perhaps? I have not killed in a long time."

Link?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He just killed the Five... funny guy.

22. cherifzachary

cherifzachary Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 16, 2018
    I can see Wutzek having a specter and hal jordan type of relationship with Jacen solo.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I really wanted Jacen to be possessed by Parallax-Abeloth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  24. ANormalMetalSheevite

ANormalMetalSheevite Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2019
    Is the Supernatural Encounters canon within the Legends continuity?

25. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    No. Supernatural Encounters (like its predecessor Cult Encounters) started out as articles that were originally contracted, but before they'd been finished, they were cancelled. Joe (the writer) has taken it upon himself to finish them anyway and release them on his site--with some marked differences than what would have originally been published.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.