main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Cult Encounters and Supernatural Encounters (even more new Legends material!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    EDIT: Meh, I won’t open this can of worms.
    But I really enjoyed Cult Encounters

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  2. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    “He, in essence, created a parallel dimension that would begin to develop its own separate history and timeline based on—but apart from—its original. Yet it had no true beginning, save the one he gave it, and its path would follow a different trajectory from the original. Without the investment of the Celestials working on it, developing it into an interwoven fabric, and without even his hand upon it, it would only ever be hollow and sterile, a pale and broken imitation of a far greater thing.”

Come on dude, did you really have to take what could’ve been this awesome thing that blends together every aspect of Star Wars fandom, create a believable multiverse, but then just turn it into a “Disney bad” blog post? :rolleyes: That and calling fans of the new canon stuff “unthinking” among various other insults on his Qora just sort of pegs him and this whole thing as bitter and immature. Especially someone who just cherry picked things from the new canon he likes (World
    between Worlds, Etc) for these articles without Lucasfilm’s approval.

Obviously talented writer who could’ve brought the Neil Gaiman “Books of Magic” touch to the galaxy far far away if this was ever published, but like, not cool, and it really took me out of the immersion. I suppose it won’t stop my enjoyment of the rest of this, anyway.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    We are not there yet but one day SW needs a treatment akin to Into the Spiderverse for Spiderman.

One needn't even do full crossovers and multiverse mixing but rather have them evolve paralell and have visions of the other world exit in others. Like paralelling some similiar characters in both without them crossing over or meeting. (more like the Ghostbusters Multiverse)

The SW Multiverse is not like MCU or DC where same people have different fates in different universes. Its different people in different universes fulfilling the same roles. It's the same story being told, but with different persons and sometimes in different times and places. It's like a masterplan that always has to happen but who fills its roles can vary!

Hamburger_Time likes this.
  4. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Literally all you need is a story arc in Doctor Aphra where she investigates the “Temple or Tilotny” and then another Doctor Aphra emerges from it saying she’s from a weird alternate universe where she was doing the same exact thing. Mention something throwaway tying her to Legends universe (secret lover of Daala instead of accomplice of Vader’s? Idk) and boom. Everyone’s happy.

between Spider Verse, Endgame, Rick and Morty, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and the works of Michio Kaku and the likes, alternate dimensions are just sort of an accepted thing now in the public mind.

it can go beyond Legends too. Have a “The Star Wars” timeline. Some crazy story where a lightsaber ends up in our “prime universe” (going by Alien Exodus/Supernatural Encounters), etc. The idea of a singular “canon” sort of holds things back. I love the new Disney canon, I love the old canon, I don’t want anything invalidating each other.

5. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I could literall see Aphra retell us the three different variations of timetravel and a multiverse and then find proof for every version keeping the result as vague as the beginning, to each his/her own.

Unreliable narrator + clever storytelling and done!

They could even present doubles of characters and in the end resolve it as it was a clone / doppelganger impersonator actor shapeshifter HRD or else... to open the possibility of a crossover and subsequently keep the timeline safe though.

Have Aphra meet Ezra, ramble on about all this and Ezra trying to tell her "That's not how the Force works!" Han Solo style! Only to discover that she activated/did something that should not be possible and she just shrugs winking "What if it is possible?"

Hamburger_Time likes this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    PS: If Deadpool can break the Fourth Wall, Aphra can break the Fourth Precept!

PCCViking likes this.
  7. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Just yesterday I was thinking about how much I'd enjoy a Star Wars take on JLA-Avengers, one of the surprisingly few genuine Marvel-DC crossovers. It's actually not just a crossover, a large portion of the story consists of very clever meta-commentary, with the characters themselves actually debating the pros and cons of their respective universes, just like fans do. Couldn't you see interactions between the old and new canon characters along those lines?

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Sounds like Star Wars on Trial 2.0, it's about time ;)

9. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Have Jacen Solo encounter Kylo Ren during his post Unifying Force spiritual journey in some some of vision.

10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    An animated show should do this just fine!

Many times has the Force tried to heal itself, to restore balance. Many times has it failed and time has reset, denying evil its ultimate victory. The Force moves people into position for yet another endgame scenario. Yet another round on the big wheel of history. Will it be victorious this time? Or will someone have to turn the wheel and reset the game to start over as the circle cannot yet be broken again?

Imagine this as a classic anime voiceover set to scenes of Kylo and Jacen, Legends and Canon paralell storylines flashing by and between all standing a shadowy figure as guardian of time and the World between Worlds, a Bridger.. Ezra. Assisted by Ahsoka as Fulcrum and Sabine or someone else, a new trinity?

His Dark Materials style one could show both worlds/timelines and how they inform each other.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe all the times Abeloth has broken out of her prison due to the current being changed has finally had even bigger consequences. ;)

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I assume that every time she did a ‘new world line’ had been created, so it’s pretty negative on the Force itself.

I could see a crossover happening one day.

ColeFardreamer and PCCViking like this.
  13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Yet, certain events remain unaffected, like the Battles of Yavin and Endor. Maybe they're so crucial that they are, so far, immune from being changed (like Tarkin or Palpatine winning).

14. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I gotta say, I wasn’t interested in the “Denningverse” style stuff in the late EU and craved that classic Star Wars style, which I’m now content with in the current canon, which makes me more interested in the force god/The Ones/HP Lovecraft side of the universe, which even though I didn’t appreciate Joe’s attitude towards Disney fans, he did a great job of really piquing my interest in that side. Plus we’ve seen time travel and other dimensions in Rebels. So I hope Project Luminous and beyond go into the weirder side of the universe and make that crossover.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well without knowing exactly when the last world-line change was, though we know when the first was (nominally), we couldn’t decide on the point that changed.

While a new world line forming to explain the difference between Legends and Canon is handy, setting it in 100,000 BBY has its own thoughts.

For example...... two Fathers, two Sons, two Daughters... but one Abeloth? Shrug.

ColeFardreamer and PCCViking like this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    So Abeloth broke the universe into several timelines and to heal it one has to restore balance by reunifying all timelines?

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This would be interesting.
    Throw in Tilotny as well, and I am sold.

ColeFardreamer and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It’s more that someone or other broke it several times and Abeloth tried to End Time every occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    Per the Smuggler's Guide the new 'verse has a Typhojem too.

ColeFardreamer and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Indeed it does.

And per SE, he died in 100,000 BBY(!)

So at very least, his worshippers end up in the new 'verse, if we are to cover both points.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This would probably be the easiest way to tie everything together.

PCCViking, IG_2000 and Sinrebirth like this.
  22. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I actually tracked down Marvel Star Wars editor Mark P at Comic con last year Freddy Got Fingered style, got his email, and since then have been harassing him to read a separate Star Wars pitch, let’s make this happen, people

[​IMG]

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    That cheap shot and some of Bongiorno's other statements about canon, and especially canon fans, have caused me to steer well clear of this project for the most part. Bitter and immature? Yes. Divisive? Very much so - and for me, it entirely compromised my ability to enjoy something that should have been a lot of fun. It's unfortunate and sad - and I'm profoundly glad that the vast majority of the fandom does not share his narrow-minded view of the franchise and the people who love it, Legends and canon alike.

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  24. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    If Splendid Ap's accident universe (perhaps we can call it the "Appcident?") is the new canon, then it split off much, MUCH earlier than 100k BBY. Remember Ap created it shortly after he and the others were themselves created, and Cold Danda was the one that wrecked Notron in 200k BBY.

25. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Add my voice to those waiting and hoping for an official Disney Canon crossover with Legendsverse--in whatever capacity. It doesn't have to be huge, but, yeah, even just two characters looking into a mirror and seeing "what's going on over there". There was a fan film that essentially covered this, a nexus in the Force where Jacen and Jaina could see Kylo and Rey. There's just so much stuff that could still be done with Legends. I can't possibly believe that they will never EVER go back and start mining it/establishing it as a separate timeline. They bring some stuff over (Valance), but there are so many other characters and plots that they can't. I understand why they're not dealing with it so much right now--establishing "the brand" or whatever. But ten years from now? 20? They're going to look up and realize it's been over a decade since they mentioned Jacen and Jaina (for one example) and they've got to start getting ideas. That's my hope anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.