main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Cult Encounters and Supernatural Encounters (even more new Legends material!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryhenry

harryhenry Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2015
    What???
    (checks site)
    Perfect. In celebration, we shall listen to its most iconic impact on the fandom:

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So, the Taung eventually became the Mandalorians, correct? Do we have a specific date for that?

Edit. Nevermind- Just checked the Wook 7000 BBY. Mandalore the First.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    CampOfSorgan likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bingo.

And the Taung seem to have died out by the end of the Old Sith Wars.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonder how much we will get about them in the EE?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh.

Well.

I couldn't really say.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Eh. Been on a Mando High after S2 of the Mandalorian so was wondering how much content there might be of them?
    Can wait and see if there will be some Mando content in SE. If not. No big deal. Plenty of other things to hold my interest.

Also a comment from Joe on one of his posts on Facebook.
    We might be getting maps of the Primordial Galaxy!
    A map of OtherSpace would be interesting.

7. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  8. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Dream-Thinker likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don’t know if I can wait until “winter’s end”.

TrilynTrinth and Dream-Thinker like this.
  10. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000

Darth Corydon and Dream-Thinker like this.
  11. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Just had a weird thought. I hope I am not repeating anything in this thread, but here it goes -
    If the Celestials are sort of the Star Wars version of the Valar, is there also a version of the Maiar?

Maybe thats what the Bendu was (is?)

12. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    The Mortis Gods perhaps?

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  13. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Nearly two weeks later...
    I'm sorry for the wait. XD Real life threw some busy work at me but I'm back!

CHAPTER FOUR: FUGITIVES IN SPACE
    Fugitives in Space: The name of this chapter shares the name of the first comic in “The Keeper’s World” (1977-1978), which is related to this story.

Mici Shabandar: This character and her mentioned adventure with Luke and Leia are from the “World on Fire!” comic and it’s two sequels.

Arn Horada: A historian and professor from “Star Wars 30: A Princess Alone.” (1979)

S’kytri: A race wind winged humanoids from the planet Skye, here placing their origins with Alashan. They are another species from the old Marvel Star Wars comics.

Ahra Naffi: An ancient race mentioned in the novel “Before the Storm.” Not much is known about them, other than they were behind the creation of the Qonet (another species) that eventually became the Qella.

Arbrans: Another ancient species, this one created The Darker, the antagonist in the 1982 comic issue “Star Wars 67: The Darker.”

Seoularians: An extinct race of Force-resistant humans, first mentioned in “Star Wars 84: Seoul Searching.” (1984)

Eellayin: The formers inhabits of Polis Massa, first mentioned in “Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary.” (2005)

Indur: Couldn’t find anything about them.

Osserians: The previously unnamed creators of the Keeper from “The Keeper’s World.”

Kwa: Blue humanoids originally from “Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy” (1995) though they weren’t named until 2000 with “Republic 24: Infinity’s End, Part 2.”

Yman Veli’kosyk: I could be wrong, but I think this might be a reference to Immanuel Velikovsky, given the similar name (when I googled one I got the other.) Mr. Velikovsky was a scholar who had some…intresting ideas about ancient history.

Rol Aviid: I couldn’t find anything. Could be another reference to a real scholar, could just be made up. *shrugs*

Dathomir: Home to the Nightsisters who would later play a somewhat important role in “The Clone Wars” series. This planet was first mentioned in “Jedi Search” (1994) which was the first novel of the Jedi Academy Trilogy. It later made it’s physical debut in the novel “The Courtship of Princess Leia” from the same year.

Infinity Gate: Basically Stargates, if any of you have seen that show. In a nutshell their portals that allow instant transportation across the galaxy. Very useful in a pre-Hyperspace setting. They are originally from the “Infinity’s End” arc of the Republic comic series, same as the Kwa.

Gree: An ancient species of tentacled cephalopods. Their still around but keep to themselves. While originally from the article “The Gree Enclave” from “Star Wars Adventure Journal 8” you might recognize them from “The Old Republic” MMO game.

Asation: From the same Adventure Journal as the Gree.

Hypergate: Like the Infinity Gates but made by the Gree instead of the Kwa. While first appearing in the 1991 roleplaying supplement “Graveyard of Alderaan,” references to it was removed when it was reprinted. I don’t know why, maybe cause the idea was blatantly taken from other Sci-Fi. (Seriously. Stargate, Buck Rogers, Star Trek and Warhammer 40k all did it first). That didn’t stop Hypergates from popping up elsewhere though. XD

The Khoz’zhak, Corellia Antilles and the Te Hasan Gree: That whole story is from “The Gree Enclave” article that I’ve mentioned before.

Library of Manuals: You guessed it, from the same thing.

Duinuogwuin: Space dragons! Very cool. First mentioned in “The Keeper’s World” which makes them one of the oldest things in Star Wars. Though of course they weren’t given a proper description until “Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races” 12 years later.

Q9-X7: Arhul’s droid. I forgot to talk about him before. He’s a new character but his model, the Q9-series, is from the 1995 book “Ambush at Corellia.” Imagine R2-D2, but with three legs and a pope’s hat. Yes really.

Kar’a’katok: A very obscure planet from the Hyperspace article “Aliens in the Empire.”

Shimholt: The natives of Kar’a’katok. They are from the old Marvel Star Wars comics, but were unnamed until the Hyperspace article.

Ophidian grotesques: An art style that was in use on ancient Coruscant. Lots of slithery things: snakes, vines, the like. Sounds pretty metal to me. Mentioned in the “Fate of the Jedi” series, specifically the novels “Vortex” (2010) and “Apocalypse” (2012).

Astor: The only person with that name that I could find was a random rebel dude, so it’s probably not him. XD

Nelori Marauders: A group of pirates from the “Tales of the Jedi Companion” (1996).

14. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Did you see the new post where Joe states he's tracked down some long-forgotten German Ewok comics? Yowza; he just digs more and more into the obscure, doesn't he? Do these even have a page on the Wook?

15. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Go read todays new issue of the Vader comic asap... the last page is perfectly suited for this topic... and Joe... I need answers we probably only get next issue but, oh well... Do it!

Sinrebirth and Sauron_18 like this.
  16. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Whoa. I love where this is going...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Wonder if it’s connected to the Solo-Maw dweller

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I’m intrigued but let’s see where this goes.

19. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I can't wait too see more

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    He could have just said it's coming but okay. Sure, whatever. XD

22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    this feels like it is gonna be another neverending story...

but that may be good thing! So lets all sing together!

CernStormrunner likes this.
  23. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Speaking of music, anyone think this could work for a Supernatural Encounters score?

harryhenry, HedecGa and Dream-Thinker like this.
  24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Another interesting update on fb:

25. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Thanks for posting this! Not everyone is on the social media to catch these updates. Interesting to see that there'll finally (presumably) be some sort of details about that Immortal Gods of the Sith bit from Marvel that so far has gone unexplained for 44 years. I'm assuming that Typhojem is one of them given how Adas was seen as his (re) incarnation.

Am I the only one who read the line "I love the darker stuff" as a reference to The Darker from Marvel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.