main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chile Cultural exchange from the UK - Language Class 101 for dumb Brits

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by edgejedi88, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hello all Chile people!

Firstly, apologies for not knowing your language well (or even at all right now...), but here I am relying on the universal language of Star Wars - I hope!!! [face_thinking]

Having recently jumped over the FanForce boards from my normal home on the UK FanForce boards, on a 'virtual holiday', I would like to introduce you to some of the wonderful people that inhabit FanForceUK. We are a great bunch of people, with an often strange sense of humour, but welcoming always.

Come on over for a cup of tea with us anytime! [face_coffee]

http://boards.theforce.net/UK_Regional_Forum/b10027/

To make the most of this thread and to enlarge my knowledge of your language too, can I invite you to translate your favourite Star Wars related quote for me beneath...

My first and simple request to start this off is for a translation of 'May The Force be with You'...

Greetings to all those involved in 'Renaissance' and May the Force be with You all! [:D]

2. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    Welcome, edgejedi88... It's a pleasure...

Well, first of all, thanks for the greetings! (as I'm the director of the "Renaissance" Project)

Second of all, We'll be glad to help you with whatever we can..

and, to begin: let me tell you "Que la Fuerza sea contigo!" (May the Force be with you!)

And here is a traslation of your post to you and all the non-english speakers of our forum:

Saludos a toda la gente de Chile!

Primero, me disculpo por no conocer bien su lenguaje (o mejor dicho nada de él ahora mismo) pero aqui estoy confiando en el lenguaje universal de Star Wars (espero)

Habiendo recientemente saltado a las boards de Fanforce desde mi hogar habitual en las boards de Fanforce Reino Unido, en unas "vacaciones virtuales", me gustaria presentarles a algunas de las maravillosas personas que habitan Fanforce UK. Somos un gran grupo de personas, a veces con un extraño sentido del humor, pero siempre amigables.

Vengan por una taza de Te cuando gusten!

http://boards.theforce.net/UK_Regional_Forum/b10027/

Para sacar el maximo provecho a esta thread y acrecentar mi conocimiento de su lenguaje tambien, les invito a que traduzcan sus citas favoritas de SW para mi a continuación...

Mi primera y simple petición para comenzar esto es una traducción de "May the Force be with you!"

Saludos a todos aquellos involucrados en "Renacimiento" y que la Fuerza los acompañe a todos!!!!

3. Darth_Luminara

Darth_Luminara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2005
    Hi, friend, be welcome in this forum... May the Force be with you, translated into English is "¡Qué la Fuerza te Acomapñe!"
    Greetings

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you edgejedi88 for visiting us. We love your invitacion. :)

*May the force with you too.* [:D]

5. Darth_Jam

Darth_Jam Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    yo Darth Jam
    tu gringos

6. anitala

anitala Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2005
    Hello edgegejedi88, welcome in this forum!!.

7. _RODRIMAUL_

_RODRIMAUL_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2003
    Jajajaja, ahora se cree la mona chita [face_laugh]

8. PAOLITA

PAOLITA Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2005
    OH... Q CHISTOSO JAM..... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

EDGEJEDI88, WELCOME TO THIS FORUM.I HOPE WE CAN HELP YOU TO LEARN OUR LANGUAJE.
    GREETINGS!!!!

9. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Thank you all at FanForce Chile for such a warm welcome and for the introductory translation too! That made my heart warm! :D

If the Eurovision Song Contest ever stretches to include Chile, then I will be sure that you get my vote!

For humour, visit here http://www.eurosong.net/

Our entrants have always done so badly in the contest...but it is so funny to watch - it is more comedy - all the participants are very bad....but I will let you read for yourself...[face_laugh]

OK - so what other phrases do you think may be helpful to get me around the world of FanForce Chile - lets start with the basics please my friends...[face_praying]

Your Padawan Learner....

10. SKYJOKER

SKYJOKER Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 30, 2003
    WELCOME EDGEJEDI88 [face_peace]

11. Darth_Mendez

Darth_Mendez Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    HELLO MY FRIENDS....Y COMO DIJO EL INDIO KEPCHUP, COCA COLA .. OK...

12. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    edgejedi88 OK - so what other phrases do you think may be helpful to get me around the world of FanForce Chile - lets start with the basics please my friends...

Que otras frases me serian utiles para ir alrededor del mundo de Chile. Por favor que es lo basico mis amigos? ;)

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    'And as the Indian Kepchup said, is coca cola ok'....how did I do? Sounds a bit 'wrong'!

Is that a Spanish phrase? I am rapidly resaerching history and the Google translator at the same time to check I am doing this right?!!![face_worried]

14. Darth_Jubei

Darth_Jubei Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    HA HA H AHA HA !![face_laugh] ..don´t worry man! there is no danger in this words..mendez just want to say.."as the indian speaks ketchup & coke!"..means that ..he kwons english like u spanish.

So ..I introduce myself I´m Darth Jubei..and welcome to this forums..come anytime.

15. -Darth_Pozo-

-Darth_Pozo- Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2004
    Hi! welcome to our board!, as you can see there are plenty of people who can understand english and can help you with anything you want, I hope you feel comfortable here and keep posting!...
    -Darth_Pozo-

16. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ¿Qué onda la gente de Chile?

¿Qué tal?

17. Darth_Jubei

Darth_Jubei Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Good edge!..

Try with..Piscolita or Cuchufli.

18. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    A little help with that:

Piscolita: A very popular drink here in Chile, Coke + a distillled called "Pisco". The "Piscola" is considered a National Drink here.

Cuchufli is a sweet cylinder with a milk-based cream in it, called "manjar".

19. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    are either non-alcoholic please? I dont drink alcohol at all...O:)

20. Darth_Luminara

Apr 7, 2005
    Congratulations, my friend, you are a good guy like me, a good girl who does not drink alcohol...O:)

21. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    non smoker too!! O:) O:) O:)o_O

22. Darth_Luminara

Apr 7, 2005
    Good boy!!!!!!! but I am not a smoker too

23. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    [face_dancing] straight..as..an..ARROW! [face_dancing]