main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Current Events

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I've got no plans for the long weekend, other than working, as usual.

Yesterday, I did place (purchase) my pre-order for Halo 3 (Legendary Edition). No, I just need to finally get a 360 at some point in the next month.

Oh, and congrats on the new car, Yrol! I look forward to seeing the chosen "decorations'! ;)

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The Tosche Station decal looks fantastic on my car :D

JediRanger - I still have to put on the one you gave me. But first I must find it! I know it's in my Star Wars room, but I just have to remember where in the room I stashed it :oops:

3. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Where did you put the TS sticker? Most of us put it on the bottom right of the rear window.

Oh, it's probably in one of those safe place where you'll never forget it. ;)

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Has anyone caught this new show called 'The Big Bang Theory'?? It's on Monday nights @ 9:30. It's hilarious! They had one of the best discussions concerning Superman's strength I've ever heard! And there was a scene where Leonard is awakened by a noise and when he goes out to see what it might be, he's brandishing a lit light saber (MR Luke ROTJ)!! Ha!ha!!

I highly recommend you watch it :-B

Other than Heroes and The Big Bang Theory though, none of the other new or recurring shows have been that great. I keep hoping The Bionic Woman is going to be good, but after watching the second episode last night, I think it's kinda lame. Even my fav CSI has been a letdown......

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm still following StarGate Atlantis. The first Episode last week was pretty good. Also I've been watching Code Monkeys as well from G4TV. OMG is this show to funny. I've seen the first 12 episodes and some things are just wrong.... But really funny.

6. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    TV sucks and won't be good until Clone Wars and the live action SW show starts :D.

7. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Bionic Woman pilot did suck. I missed last nights, due 2 Grindhouse @ the Plaza..2 bucks admission. I was hoping Bionic would be good, but I think they were riding on "licensing" the name recognition. And nostagia...girls who have become mothers, who in turn tell their daughters, but the pilot sucked. It's second episode in so...maybe there's still hope. I think NBC took a chance with the Battlestar people, and were riding the "Heroes" bandwagon.

Going 2 e-town this long week.

Is the Sarah Chronicles (Terminator series)out yet?

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Hiked up to the upper falls at Johnston Canyon yesterday - what a gorgeous trail! We're truly lucky to live in such an amazing country :D

Special thanks to Jedi_Ranger for his hospitality in taking time out of his day to give us a tour of the Banff Springs hotel - way cool! I learned a lot!

9. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    :D WOOT! Got my tickets to Vegas today!!!

After my sister's wedding I'm going to NEED the break.
    Looking forward to seeing come Cirque shows, Wayne Brady is performing at the Venetian, SHOPPING, and visiting the Hoover Dam (where part of TransFormers was filmed).

Here's hoping I find some cool SW swag too (but unlikely)[face_praying]

10. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Vegas!! nice. I have already booked Mexico in February. We're heading back to the same resort we went to last time. This time There is going to be a group of us. My brother and his wife (and daughter) and my parents are all making the trek down to have fun in the sun.
    I can't wait. All I need now is the underwater dry box for my digital camera.

11. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Oh Yrol! There's a pretty good collectables shop in Ceasar's palace forum shops, they get all kinds of good stuff SW related!

On another note, I haven't been able to log on for the last few weeks due to some weird thing my computer was doing, but i've fixed it! Yahhhhhh!!!

Is everyone going on vacation? I'm jealous!

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks for the heads up, Jamie! I'll have to take a look at that store for sure now.

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Jedi_Ranger - just found that wonderful decal you gave me! Once Indy is all washed up, it'll be going right on the back :-B

14. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Awesome news!! I look forward to seeing it applied!

15. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Expect to see some major Anakin updates in the new year. My accurate fabric has arrived at my home in Kelowna, which I will make a new tunic out of over Christmas break. I've just sent paypal for accurate glove buckles, and will start construction on a glove probably as soon as they arrive. If things keep going at this rate, expect to see a new ROTS Anakin by next Halloween at the latest.

In other news, the gears inside my head are turning for a Kratos (God of War) costume at some point down the road. I have to get pretty ripped for it, but I think I can pull it off. The Blades of Chaos/Athena will definitely require some LED work, and I'm excited about them.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Had a busy weekend, preparing for the family invasion and hosting my sister's bridal shower (which went off really well).

But the best part is that we got a new Christmas tree - and it's beautiful!! All our Christmas stuff is up (the snow was a welcome addition on Sunday) and it's so festive. I LOVE Christmas. Tonight I'm going to sit in the living room (with nothing but the Christmas lights on), sipping tea and drinking in the awesomeness that is my Christmas tree :D

17. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    OMG you have your tree up already. I was cursing the neighbor as he was putting his lights up on Saturday. I can't even start to think about Christmas before December really.

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    The outdoor lights went up a week and a half ago (why put up lights when it's cold and icy??). I didn't turn them on until November 1st though o_O

But it's ALL up and on now!

19. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    My tree has offically been switched over so it's now Xmas at my house too...ahh I love it.

20. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, just finished watching BSG: Razor. It didn't answer too many questions. A few of the deeper plots were only made deeper.

It was a GREAT episode though! I STILL can't wait for season 4 to start!

At least I finally have the soundtrack for season 3. ;-)

21. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Razor was pretty sweet. I'll have to watch it again when it plays on Space to pick up more details.

Today I got some leather to make my Anakin glove. I'll be getting started on it in the next few weeks. I also found a sweet place to live in Tuscany with a view of the Rockies. Lots going on these days.

BTW, any updates on when the next meeting will be?

22. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Tuscany, eh?! I've got one friend and his family up there already.

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Home from Vegas - whew!! I'm tired I-)

As for the meeting Shatir - if you'd like to call one, feel free. Remember anyone can. It's been difficult finding a place that can house us all, in an environment that's 'talk' friendly. But if you know of someplace, let's hear it.

24. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Tomorrow I'll be dropping by the Country Hills Superstore to check out their free meeting room, and see if I can set a meeting up there. That way we can bring whatever food we want, bring show and tell, Peter can show up again, and we won't have to worry about getting hassled by drunks in a pub.

25. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I've checked out the meeting place, and it looks like it will hold us quite well. The problem is booking it. There's nobody there to talk to, you have to call a number. I've tried calling, but there's nobody that actually picks up, it's just a voicemail account saying they will call you back within 24 hours. It's been 48, so I'll try calling again when I get out of class today, and see it I can organize a meeting for a wednesday night a couple of weeks from now.

On the plus side, I'm all moved into my new place in Tuscany. I'm just waiting on some furniture, and then I'll be all set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.