main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII - Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Taeriel, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Here is a thread for CVII Anaheim planning other than hotels. Things like who is going, travel, activities, etc.

So let's start with an attendance list I guess? I can update this post with the info. I haven't been keeping up so I'm not sure who all plans to go aside from a few posts in the hotel thread.

Nnay
    AHPR (+1)
    DWRD & FanForced
    Cyodarun
    Nerfherders +1 (his buddy, Rob)
    Taeriel (probably)
    Sith__Chick
    Darth_Hair
    JawaJaka
    He-Guy
    shortforcelover
    breadnappa & ladyblues
    Grimby

2. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    As mentioned in the hotel thread, Southwest is currently running a sale with dates covering the con. Their site says the sale is through 1/19, though of course better fares can sell out earlier.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Please add FanForced to the list of attendees. I'm pretty sure the Sith couple is going. And gra-co_o_hun will be joining us one evening to party and hand out new RMFF shirts he's currently working on.
    Thanks!

And for our planning, we arrive in LA on 4/11 and then head back 4/20 via Southwest.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i haven't gotten flights yet...waiting until i get my accident funds...which will be any day...most likely due to surgery i will be in and out...4/15 - 4/20

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wait, what's going on? Where is the "edit post" option? I see reply and something about "throwing dice"? And where did my emoticon icon options go? Maybe I'm just not seeing things because I'm on my iphone?

Ok, I see edit for this post, but not others. Did our boards lose the ability to edit older posts??

I'll add names to the list as soon as I figure out how to edit again.

Talked with my sister about scheduling last night. Her kids' spring break, a possible trip out here, is the week after CVII. She assured me they wouldn't fly on the weekend because of fare pricing, so I'm cleared to go to the con. As soon as I get the vacation day approval I will book my flight. Crossing my fingers fare doesn't go up before then.[/i]

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Vacation day approved, and just purchased my flight! I'll be arriving SNA Thurs 3:40pm and departing Sun 9:10pm.

Next will be buying con ticket, once I get home.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Bought my con ticket last night!

DieWompRatDie and nnaydolem like this.
  8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    you are a step ahead of me! ;) well sorta i have a room LOL

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    90 Days to go!

10. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    We are driving, hitting Vegas on 4/11, then Disneyland 4/13 and 4/14, Universal Studios on 4/15. We are staying a bit away from the convention, but the cost is worth it Sun-Thurs. We are at the Doubletree unless things change for the weekend of the Celebration, about 10 miles away. Can't find the link on the Celebration Website for the Discount Disneyland Tickets?

11. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Looks like I get to go on Friday!!!

Me thinky I be in the Exhibition Area a lot. [face_mischief]

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah! It will be great to see you there!

13. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Thanks T! I can't wait to see You too. Been some time.

I am going to come up the 16th and hang in the evening so I am close by for Friday. =P~

14. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Geoffrey (the breadnappa) and I will be at Celebration.

We have our passes. We have a room at the Hilton (right next to Marriott). We have an extra room reserved in our name right now if anyone wants it. $199/night. We'll let it go in a few weeks if I don't have any takers.

At the con, we plan to be in our sith costumes at least one day and will spend some time with our friends from some of the sith costuming groups, but don't have other commitments otherwise. We plan to arrive a day or two early and stay a day or two after to do some sight-seeing around southern California.

We are deciding today whether to jump on that SWA sale and fly or drive. Leaning towards driving. We'll have plenty of room to haul quite a bit of gear between our SUV and large cartop carrier, and hope to mitigate a bit of the trip cost by hauling for anyone else who needs gear hauled for a fair, small fee. PM me if you need a space for your gear.

15. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    http://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/Ti...M7pRWfhj5fDG0gZZ2DfKyDU6EhtFmg8&drnid=6393886

16. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    The Southwest airlines fare sale was so good, we decided to fly. $164.20/person in to John Wayne (SNA). We are flying in the 14th (Tuesday) with a 1:25 ETA and fly back the 21st (Tuesday) on the 12:20 flight.

We're interested in ride sharing to and from airports. If you have a similar itinerary either day and want to ride share, let's do it. We'll be taking a cab between John Wayne/hotel both ways. It is supposedly a $35-$40 cab fare each way. We can also take a rider or two to and from DIA in our car, which we'll be parking in long-term parking, or would be interested in riding to the airport with others to split up parking fees. PM me or message me on Facebook.

17. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    If anyone has NOT bought your tickets yet for Celebration, I am interested in acquiring two extra lanyards and t-shirts (a L and XL).

I'll pay cash and would appreciate it. I believe they can only be purchased when one is buying a ticket.

18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Wow. That's a cheap flight. Way to go!

19. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah!! $164 round trip, including 2 bags. Can't believe it!

The Southwest fare sale ends today (January 19) for anyone else looking to book airfare. I concur with the recommenation Saturday of flying in and out of John Wayne/Orange County (SNA), as it's 17 mi closer to the con than LAX and security lines go 4x faster there.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow. Your flight from Co was cheaper than my flight from here in Ca! That's what I get for having a constrained schedule I guess.

ladyblues likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

We're flying in via Southwest to LAX on Saturday and doing some stuff before the con in LA and hopefully Disneyland, if I can convince the Mrs. Then we're flying back via Orange County airport on Monday at 4:15. I suppose we bought ours a bit too early as it cost us $330 for two roundtrip.

22. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Just booked my SWA flights to SNA as well, Wednesday @ noon, Monday @ 4:15. $202 roundtrip, should have booked yesterday I guess, as the return flight went up $18. Oh well, still far cheaper than previous Celebration flights to Orlando.

23. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll be there, droids in tow. Will be in droid room and 501st area a lot. I'm going to try to enjoy the show since I couldn't get an R2 exhibitor badge this time. If I'm spending a ridiculous $140 then by golly I'm going to a few panels and things. Oh, and I'll probably now be driving myself in my brand new 2015 Honda Fit that gets 41mpg.

24. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    You should definitely be taking in panels and things to fully enjoy Celebration. I think the price of the badge is honestly a good value considering the "once in a lifetime" mentality of events at Celebration.
    Also, when breaking down all the expenses for the trip, I think it will go something like:
    $$ Hotel> travel> souvenirs> food & drink> Disney tickets & entertainment> Celebration tickets

Anyone finding something similar when budgeting your trip?

25. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Mine is Hotel, Celebration tickets, food and drink, travel. Skipping Disney/Universal/etc (grew up in Disneyland). Lots of free stuff in LA area to see (or cheap). La Brea Tarpits, Huntington Gardens, old LA mission/pueblo area, Rodeo Drive, several state parks, if nice weather then the beaches. Basically everything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Food can be expensive, especially if you're paying for banquets/bashes for all the various SW clubs. Even fast food is more expensive than here, and hotel food in CA is notoriously overpriced for awful food. Everything in CA is more expensive. Hmmm, I wonder if I can fit a cooler in the new Fit with the droids..... I'll probably eat out of a cooler a lot.

And this is my fourth Celebration, so not a "once in a lifetime" for me (I've personally talked to Uncle George twice, and met just about all the OT actors/crew). I would have been at the first one at WOTR if it wasn't hailing over my house that day, making this my fifth.