main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I never actually got around to trying the Nue, so your post inspired me to stick the game back in and give it a shot. Fun gun, gonna definitely make more use of it next time through. While I was in there, I got a little inspired by your post as basically an excuse to take more screencaps, so if you don't mind - I'm gonna run with some of those favourites.

Car: Caliburn (Black)
    [​IMG]

Motorcycle: Yaiba Kusunagi CT-3X
    [​IMG]
    Sniper Rifle: Overwatch
    [​IMG]

Assault Rifle: M2515 Ajax
    [​IMG]

Shotgun: The Mox
    [​IMG]

Pistol: Genjiroh
    [​IMG]

with strong runners up
    Pride
    [​IMG]
    Malorian Arms 3516
    [​IMG]
    And Skippy, sadly not pictured. Picked the wrong quest ending there.

Melee: Jinchu-Maru
    [​IMG]
    And finally, some fun with glitches:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Jordan1Kenobi and Glitterstimm like this.
  2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    So far my favorite weapon is hands down the Overture. Extremely powerful revolver that suits my playstyle perfectly: I line up a shot and blow the target’s head clean off. With a silencer, it’s the perfect weapon to go around nailing everybody without the enemy knowing where you are.

The one thing I really want to find, though, is a sniper rifle that will take a damn silencer.

3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    In regards to @Glitterstimm 's review I would like to add how expressive were Judy's eyes, the vulnerability

4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    @TheAdmiral you might appreciate this, one of the steamier photos I took of Judy:
    [​IMG]

Here's some miscellaneous photos from the endgame:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Revolvers were my favourite weapons too. Once I got River’s ‘Crash’, I never stopped using it... until I got Johnny’s ‘Malorian Arms’. Headshots all day!

Glitterstimm and blackmyron like this.
  6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Handguns, Shotguns and Sniper Rifles are my weapon of choice. Not come across any special guns yet though but then I've not been hammering the game and I now have the 1.1 patch bug so no playing for me until the hotfix is in.

[face_plain]

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'll be honest, towards the end of my first runthrough I just equipped a baseball bat as I had taken a million melee perks to beat the boxing missions, and would run into combat hitting everyone. Surprisingly effective!

Glitterstimm likes this.
  8. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    If you've invested perks into blunt damage it will carry over to the monowire, which is classified as blunt damage for whatever reason even though it's lethal. It can really tear **** up and does bleed damage to boot. The hit box is pretty wide and the charged attack has fairly long range.

blackmyron likes this.
  9. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Didn't do the monowire at all the first time around, just the gorilla arms. Definitely going to try it this time around.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  10. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I've thought a lot about the question of whether Cyberpunk should have been third person. I think there's no doubt it *could* have been a great game that way, but I'm not really convinced one way or the other on whether it would be better.

My main consideration at the moment is what the game would lose by losing the locked-in first person perspective. I think there are two main components, the first is that it would lose some horror/tension-building immersion. This is not a particularly noteworthy component, it was pioneered by Half-Life a long time ago, but it does add a lot of adrenaline to the game by making quick decisions more difficult and consequential whether in platforming or combat. It also allows enemies to be more dangerous in smaller areas because you don't have as much information, which in turn gives them a bigger allowance for AI deficiencies. Which is to say, maintaining the quality of combat to scale might have been more labor intensive if we assume the environments stay the same. That becomes a question over managing the game's development, which is entirely fair to ask. But I do agree that combat and exploration would probably have been more interesting, and certainly V would be more interesting in those activities, had the game been third person.

The second component is much more complicated though, because it impacts the game's emerging themes and goes to the heart of its creative vision. I haven't fully made a theory for its thematic presentation, but it kind of starts like this: Cyberpunk is a story about a ghost in the protagonist's head, and this concept is further realized by the fact that the player is also functioning as a ghost in the protagonist's head. It is a story of dueling perspectives, and by keeping us limited to the perspectives of the co-protagonists, we become participants in the framework rather than observers. Now, most of us don't believe in ghosts, let alone neurologically interfaced digital constructs, and we don't have them in our heads. However, Cyberpunk presents its ghosts as memories, and we do have those. Furthermore, by locking us into the first person, the memories we develop of the game's characters - who are carefully rendered to look us straight in the eyes - are imitating our memories of reality. Our decisions in-game are presented to have consequences, sometimes deadly ones, which induce regrets, and what is a ghost if not a regretful memory? Johnny is a collection of memories that V cannot control, and isn't that true of all regretful memories? Maybe "ghosts" are more real than we realize? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I believe the first person is more than a genre convention in Cyberpunk, it is a noteworthy progression.

So, yes, I don't doubt that Cyberpunk could have been very good in third person, because it's just a fun experience all around, but it would be a very different one imo. Now, as to the issue of not being able to "see" V often (or rather, the opportunity for V to see themselves), that is one of the game's many deficiencies. But rather than hope for CDPR to implement a third person perspective (which may still happen considering the apparent demand for it and that they still intend to develop multiplayer) I'd rather see more opportunities to find the emergent reality of viewing one's reflection, whether on the screen of a phone, or more numerous mirrors, or in-game media featuring V, or anything else. When these moments do happen in-game (and they are rare) they are very impactful imo, and I wouldn't want to see those moments of emerging reality lost.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  11. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    My new joy in this game is summoning as many cars as I can to the same location.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Glitterstimm likes this.
  12. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I finally found this tune

It is so peaceful and yet tragic...

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    There is only one, and it's an iconic called Overwatch.

14. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I just picked it up today, actually. And it’s fun.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Still waiting for the game to come back on PS4 maybe one day

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The so-called Akira bike with the GITS name:

[​IMG]

da da blyat

[​IMG]

but for real I would love a 930 Porsche one day.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Jedi Ben, Gamiel and blackmyron like this.
  17. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, that was a great San Andreas easter egg!

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I have to say that the driving in Cyberpunk is awful. Having raced a bit, I know a little about car setups. It feels like with these cars the weight is all at the front. The car understeers at speed, because of this imbalance in the weight distribution; and if you can manage to slow it down enough that the weight transfer forward doesn't cause the wheels to push through traction, the rear steps out in profound oversteer. The only one who has a bit better weight distribution is Johnny's Porsche, but it's not perfect to drive (just to look at [face_love]).

The cars and bikes are light and quick, so if the centre of mass was moved just behind the driver and ahead of the rear axle it would be such a better driving experience. Slightly looser suspension travel would help too. Number of times I've been t-boned, hit the curb and just bounced into a raft of civilians prompting a MaxTac response...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    FatBurt, Glitterstimm and TheAdmiral like this.
  19. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I FINALLY GOT THE CAT!!! Yes, that was a big deal for me.

Playing some more yesterday, I noticed a bit of laziness in design - a hotel with people inside, for example, is inaccessible until the mission where you need to go there. This isn't a "drug lab" or sonething similar, it's a business that should always be enterable. Instead, they didn't want to deal with players going there before the mission, so they just locked the doors and leave you wondering why there's people in a hotel you can't enter.
    I do like that some businesses appear or change based upon the missions you do, lending a little dynamic change to the setting.

Glitterstimm and Gamiel like this.
  20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm making slow progress with my limited time to game, but I rode the roller coaster Sunday. Delightful! It also happened to be timed so that I saw a launch from the offshore spaceport as we started up, the first time I'd had a good angle on that.

There are a lot of small things with the engine and the AI where you can tell the game needed more time to cook, and CDPR, with only one AAA game under its belt, maybe got a bit more ambitious than it was able to deliver on, but dammit if I'm not enjoying the absolute heck out of the game. Incredible visuals, wonderfully immersive setting, some great storytelling, fun gameplay. This is one I know I'll be coming back to. Meanwhile, I just wish there were some way to pop the camera out and just soar around the city, gawking at all the architecture.

blackmyron and Glitterstimm like this.
  21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I found this gem today: an in-universe slashfic that is an absolutely perfect parody of bad fan fiction. I love the little details in the game.

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You can get free legendary Mantis Blades and Monowire in the world. But after my first playthrough I got the legendary Gorilla arms and it was the best. Got a great screencap having knocked this Malestrom ganger back into a stack of pallets:

[​IMG]

blackmyron likes this.
  23. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    And here I was thinking you were going to box with the gas canister :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I went to finish off a ganger and blew up when I hit him with a baseball bat.
    Upon a reload, I realized he was right next to a crate of mines.

Gamiel likes this.
  25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    My in-depth look at Night City managed to uncover City Hall, which oddly enough is in the Glen. The current mayor - naturally - has billboards promoting his campaign directly outside. The entire parking lot is enclosed in a tall high voltage fence only accessible by chokepoints. Protestors line concrete barriers, shouting at police in riot gear out front.

Has anyone found Night City University?

Glitterstimm likes this.