main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    if they've kept the layout from 2020 and 2045 it should be just SW of Corpo Plaza...?

blackmyron likes this.
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Hmmm, nope, I think I found the city hall as well, also the prison...

Jedi Knight Fett and blackmyron like this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Found a mission I had never done before. There's a clothing store in Downtown that I don't think I visited the first time around. This time I've been visiting every store location as part of my more in-depth look. There wasn't anything particularly noteworthy about the store other than it was high-end. Well, doing other missions, I noticed that there was a mission at the clothing store. Going in, there's a brief conversation where the sales clerk tries to sell you on something... and then a cyberpsycho bursts in and the place goes into lockdown. The cyberpsycho is tough - even at Level 48 - but I managed to take him down just as MaxTac arrived. I then sat through a 'post-attack' interrogation with the MaxTac officer, who then chatted with me about whether I liked killing and if I wanted to join the poilce. A nice little surprise.
    Also, they dropped a video about the upcoming 1.2 patch. Among other things, they are fixing the police response system, which is currently garbage (and Ender, I know you like driving in video games, they are planning on fixing vehicle steering as well).

Glitterstimm likes this.
  4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I have found that the ultimate cheat for the cyberpsycho missions is the system reset quickhack. Instant knockout, no fuss about nonlethal weapons.

5. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    My method was the good ol, totally not lethal method of firing at them, setting them on fire, slicing them up with a sword...and then punching them for the last hit. Not lethal at all.

6. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I have the cyberware installed that makes all my weapons nonlethal. (I can still kill opponents once they are incapacitated). Made fighting the cyberpsychos a lot easier.

This particular mission threw me off because there was no indication a cyberpsycho attack was going to happen, and you're stuck in an enclosed area with limited mobility - he's a beast in doing damage as well. Nasty little side mission.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You know who that officer is right?

blackmyron likes this.
  8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Fun fact is that the female Max Tac officer is the cyberpsycho woman from the old trailer ;)

blackmyron likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Beat you to it Admiral :p

TheAdmiral likes this.
  10. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    ... and guess what. After a sufficient amount of time passes, the store clerk messages you with some 'gossip' about the MaxTac leader - that she used to be a cyberpsycho. :p

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes but specifically the one in the video I linked.

12. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I assumed that was the case. It was just funny that after you and TheAdmiral noted that she was the original cyberpsycho in the old trailer, the guy messages me in game to say "Yeah, she was a cyberpsycho".

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    On the topic of cyberpsychosis, two things:

1. I never had any issue not killing them. Most of your opponents don't die in combat, you'd have to around and headshot them to actually kill not incapacitate them. Remember that.
    2. Originally it was a risk in the game a la C2020 rules, but they removed it because console players I mean, "fun."

14. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Have they fixed this game yet? My PS4 is pretty much the basic model, trying to gauge whether the performance will be good enough or if it's worth waiting until I get a PS5 in a couple years.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, a game that looks forwards to the future probably won't run on a potato of yesteryear. Buy a PC and be happy.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    WOO HOO! I did the rollercoaster 'mission'. Totally worth it. (The shuttle launch in the background was a nice touch).

17. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I played it on base xbone, and while it was not "unplayable" and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I would recommend waiting to play it on next-gen hardware, and waiting for the big patch that's supposedly coming. The downgrade on PS4/Xbone is pretty severe, and framerate instability means that you lose a lot of the excitement and spontaneity of combat. Driving is also janky because textures load painfully slow when moving at high speeds. But if you want to play it now, it does work start to finish on older gen, and the story is excellent. You'll still get a massive narrative-driven RPG experience. Most of the more severe problems with crashes, clipping, un-synched audio etc. that were pretty bad at launch have been fixed, just make sure you update it.

BRE likes this.
  18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    My boss has it on PS4 and says with the last rake of patches it's playable but still glitchy. The next patch is supposed to go some way to fixing last gen system issues.

I have it on the PS5 and I'm going to wait till the next patch land before I return. It's a good geam and very playable on PS5 but there are clearly some quality of life adjustments needed. GTAV for example has a city that feels more lived in than Night City at times.

BRE and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I don't know, GTA V seemed... a little lifeless compared to Cyberpunk 2077 - or San Andreas, for that matter. I didn't really get a 'feel' for the neighborhoods or sections of the city. Night City, on the other hand, is very distinct in its sections.
    As far as for the NPCs and traffic, Rockstar is still king, though.

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Traffic is none existant in Night City. The districts in Night City are clearer I will totally agree but once I'm out of the car it's limited people unless I'm in a story/quest location

21. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    It may be different on PlayStation than PC - there's usually a ton of people on the streets when I play (but I also have the crowd level set to High in the settings), which is why the fix where police don't teleport in because a bystander got hurt will be wonderful. Traffic is hit or miss, really. Sometimes there's a lot of cars, sometimes no cars.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah on PC the NPCs are quite densely packed, but R*'s best NPCs are in GTA, they're in RDR2.

Having said that, CDPR made the most realistic fantasy cities in Witcher 3 so it's not a surprise there. And Watch Dogs Legion still tops out for me in terms of the depth the NPCs have.

23. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Agreed on RDR2 NPC's and those in Witcher 3 are excellent too.

I do think they'll get Cyberpunk right and it'll feel better, it'll just take a few more patches.

TheAdmiral likes this.
  24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I was always pissed off that the Voodoo Boys betrayed me twice, but this time around I sided with NetWatch and was gratified to see their crew get decimated, and then took out the rest myself.
    Also, "Kold Mirage" had been bugged before for me; this time, I found Bartmoss' deck and went back to Nix properly.
    Finally, I managed to complete Regina's cyberpsycho missions without killing a single one.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I played Cyberpunk on PS5, and GTA V easily has the better NPC’s and traffic. That was my main complaint throughout playing - that it felt too empty. Considering it’s an enormous futuristic city, it should be absolutely packed, both on the roads and in the streets.

FatBurt likes this.