main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Daedalus Fruits - The Seeking OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, May 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Well that was a bloody good shot if he did. That would have been a once in a million shot.

However I have a feeling a big twist is incoming.....or it could just be me:p

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I‘d say he did. Which means we got one savior less. But seriously guys . . . something we oversee here. I just can‘t quite figure out what. But there is a twist in here somewhere.

Kurisan likes this.
  3. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    So I was kind of alarmed when a player character just got shot - in a good way, it puts players on their toes when there are real consequences to not playing well and making bad choices HOWEVER that seemed very early. Ulp!

Then this crossing thing came up and I’m clueless lol.

Also, I’m sort of getting the idea here people are playing multiple characters using socks?

This is kind of fun for me trying to figure it all out and I’m realising Saori was the perfect character to play in this game for someone like me haha.

Anyway, mr mysterious billionaire I’m coming to meet you soon!

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Not commenting on plot obviously, but when they referred to "cross someone" they mean they wanna activate his powers.

According to the mythology of the first game in this series, LordTroepfchen's The Crossing, the powers of the Gifted are only activated when two of them meet. Just explaining it, because it would be common knowledge by the time of The Seeking.

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Ah something is wrong about this whole Anna Talbott thing. You don't fool me so easily @SirakRomar. Also in theory there is another Anna running around, right? Would love to know who hired Hugo @Jerjerrod-Lennox. I got the feeling Sebastian might be on his list.

It makes sense to take Anna down before she acquires her powers though. She is among the most powerful Gifted in the game. The big question is who knew that? Justin Pfeiffer seems to have a lot of insight into what happened in the now extinct timelines (also I had the feeling he only knows about the Crossing timeline). Is a twenty year old billionaire our villain? What does he have to do with the Source?

Wonderful new take on Juan btw @Lawbreaker.

Also Adrian Simmons is now a private contractor and Elena works for him? That is a pretty interesting combination.

Zürich seems to be a very interesting place. I might need to spray a few walls there as soon as Sebastian finds out about it!

Great alternate world you have created there Sirak! So full of possibilities.

Also the obligatory question: Anybody got an idea who The Seeker is? I got a list of suspects, but it is a small one. Are we allowed to speculate @SirakRomar?

Jerjerrod-Lennox likes this.
  6. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    I'm wondering the same thing Fins, who is the mysterious Benefactor?. Knows intimate details about Gifted, has money and resources and somehow knew Anna was a Gifted or knew she was going to become a Gifted. Is it someone in the cast or someone we have not yet seen.....

Sebastian could be next, but first Hugo has got to get away from TARC, which won't be easy.

Could we also have several big bad guys here too. Is Adrian being a good boy this game? Will have to wait and see.

A good start, lots of intrigue mysteries and questions.

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Feel free! By any means, feel free to speculate!

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  8. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Anyway, looks like Anna did not save the world this time around ... to be fair @SirakRomar and me planned this a bit beforehand. I got a pretty busy plate, but "Anna" had to be addressed and I did not wanted her to become a NPC. Will rejoin down the line as a new character though! Wait and see!

9. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, who could know these things? My shortlist is indeed rather short.

Characters who might be The Seeker:

- Ayshe (prime suspect considering who GMs this game)
    - Alpha (who has clearly changed then)
    - Sebastian III (another version of The Source that is not benevolent anymore, probably Dark Source from The Crossing final scene)
    - Elena (recruiting is such a broad term nowadays, haha)
    - Justin Pfeiffer (who may or may not be a Gifted)
    - Angel (from the Reckoning)
    - Lambs (yeah, he can jump between worlds and might have seen so many bad versions ...)

Quite a list still. Let us see if we can eliminate someone.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    One off the list. Doesn‘t make him a less mysterious character.

11. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    Pretty sure Justin works for the Benefactor, who i've also got a feeling might also have Jane on the payroll.

Would'nt be surprised if it's either a version of Sebastian or a carachter from a past game wanting either to start a war or just cause trouble.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I think he is not trying to start a war, but win a war before it begins (Terminator Skynet style) by killing the warriors before the war even starts. Anna Talbott would be naturally on the list (having basically won The Reckoning), so would Sebastian (being arguably the most powerful of all Gifted once he realizes his full potential) or Kawin and Jane (having both been elements to defeat the villains of The Reckoning and The Crossing). Ayse and Alpha, if still alive would have to expect a visitor too. Good luck with them, Hugo!

So we got The Seeker, The Benefactor, The Source and probably they are all the same person. [face_laugh][face_mischief][face_thinking]

I now kick out my first theory: The Villain in whatever shape he takes comes from the Future. He knew Paris would happen (or even caused it) and has picked this point in time to make things right (in his view).

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Update coming on Thursday.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  14. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Hello everyone silly Q of today: do you reference real places in the game or just make up ones with similar names to suit?

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    So far every place I used is real. But we were so far only in places I know very well.

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Can‘t speak for everyone, but both approaches I have seen. I prefer real places usually, guys like LordTroepfchen and Lawbreaker had great results by using made up setting (there is no Starbucks on Bakerstreet, hehe). Matter of taste I‘d say. Most important thing is probably a sense of authenticity if that is what the game is about (and The Seeking seems to be).

Also we got quite a few settings this time. Rome, Zürich, Paris, Berlin and Brussels. This is a game for capitals!

17. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
  18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, I got . . .

[​IMG]

19. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    OK thanks.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I think I know who The Seeker is. Last update had a subtle but on second look obvious hint. PMing you @SirakRomar

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    24 hours update warning

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, I am heartbroken by this scene in Rome! I really am ...

23. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    Ouch:_|

Jane is going to be in a spot of bother now...

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    24 hours update warning

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Update is up. Welcome @TheAdmiral!

For those who feel they need even more of this I suggest to have a look at The Introduction Thread and the Casting Couch, where The Darkening is now up for consideration. It is kind of a companion game of this one.

And finally ... a Roster!

Roster:

Jane 'The Freelancer' by galactic-vagabond422
    Sebastian LEGO Stein by DarkLordoftheFins
    Maria Liang by TheSithGirly
    Juan "The Spaniard" Duran by Lawbreaker
    Annabelle "Anna" Talbott by RachelTyrell (deceased)
    Hugo Klassen by Jerjerrod-Lennox
    Matthew Andrews by LordTroepfchen
    Saori Nishimura by Kurisan
    Justin Pfeiffer by Sir_Draco
    Alfonso "Alfi" Cabrera by RIP.CommanderPonds
    President Kurt Roland by HanSolo29
    Kawin Muthurangu by Mitth-Fisto
    Marina Asthakova by TheAdmiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.