main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Daenna's Fan Art - 11/11 Completed Digital Painting

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daenna, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Last: 11/11/07

Jusik Digital Painting

11/04/07

"Hoth Tourism"

Gladus Tite WIP

The Sith Apprentice

10/31/07

Bardan Jusik (complete): contains spoilers for those who did not read Republic Commando: Triple Zero.

Hi there!

It's been a year since I haven't checked in on this forum! Creativity was way down from my part and I went through hard times, but anyway... I'm back :) (Here is [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/23389850/p1/?84]my first fan art topic on TJC[/link])

Here's for the new stuff!
    [link=http://www.inflamez.com/portfolio/sw/republiccommando.jpg]Republic Commando[/link]: I wanted to study their Katarn armor for a long time and did this out of boredom. It also triggered my inspiration back and I started working on the following...

[link=http://www.inflamez.com/portfolio/sw/galacticmarine.jpg]Galactic Marine[/link]: I have this one as an action figure and thought it looked really cool. Seeing them executing Order 66 was really moving for some reason and I wish we could have seen them in a better "light". This scene is open to interpretation of course :)

[link=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ninja_pukie/doodle/bardanmando.jpg]Bardan Jusik, sketch[/link] (SPOILERS! [i]Republic Commando: Triple Zero[/i]): My second Jusik art ([link=http://pics.livejournal.com/pukie/pic/00021dpy]here[/link] is the first one). I'm reading Triple Zero again so my old obsession is back :P In this piece I'm showing Bardan in a hypothetical future as a Mando mercenary, flying his own ship, working his own jobs... And for the question of choosing between a Mando or a Jedi life, I'm fantasizing about a third option :D

I'm really, really happy to have my inspiration back - it's like climbing out of a dark well so I can't wait to share my stuff with people again!

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    I already commented on the first two, the GM and the RC, on the BFFC, but now my Bardan feedback:

First of all, yay, another (kinda) Mando from Daenna! [face_dancing] The idea is real nice, and you put it to paper quite awesomely. The pose is really neat, your sense of foreshadowing looks really professional, and Bardan's armor is just beautiful. Great job so far, I really like where this is goin! :cool:

I gotta say, it's awesome to have such a talented artist as yourself back to the SW fandom. [:D]

And with your Clone/Mando-related inspiration back, any chance you might be interested in taking a Mando request from me again? :p - no, just kidding, but hey, asking doesn't hurt, does it. ;)

3. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks Corran_Fett! It's nice to see you around again, too. I started reading a bit of your fan fic (When Few Stood Against Many) and it looked interesting so far... but once I'm done with this piece I'll have more time to keep reading :)

This sketch has been causing me trouble because of a missing printer, so while solving that problem I started vectoring the line art which is turning out alright as far as I can tell... Though I'd much rather work with my pens and markers for subtlety and depth. Yet vectored lines are regular and cool for "cartoonish" styles. I'm trying to apply for animation studios so that's going to be the priority with my work right now.

Here's a WIP, but I don't advise looking at it too soon before I'm done :p
    Cartoonish Bardan WIP

4. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    You've been reading my stuff?! :eek: Woah, that's an honor, and definitely great to hear! [face_dancing]

The Bardan WIP looks quite alright... vectorized lineart isn't that bad, as long as it's not too smooth and without sharp edges. And between my inking with the Pen Tool and your inkings by vectors, there isn't that much difference, imho. This is shaping up quite nicely.

Next up for you is probably a read of True Colors, eh? ;)

5. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    You got me :p Although I will more likely be scanning for "Jusik" and "Bard'ika" at each page than reading... Sad, I know.

Thanks, by the way! I was worrying about making a lousy Pen Tool job as I'm still not very comfortable with it. My main concern soon will be the facial hair; the way I see it, there's no way Jusik would shave or cut his hair any shorter for reasons unknown, and it's part of his character, too. But I'm gonna try to blend the vector art with brush work. It's usually flat colors and shaded areas with neat lines... I don't know how this is going to look, it will take more time that's for sure.

Will post more tomorrow if there's any real progess :)

6. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Cool. You've got a nice background and lightsaber going there in addition to the man. :)

7. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Enjoy! > Bardan Jusik (complete) <

Photoshop is a lot of fun when you finally get to master it, and I learned a few tricks in graphics classes :D Still it takes so much time... I barely slept :p

8. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    :eek: ..... =P~

I gotta say, your new style is very appealing! [face_mischief]

This looks really great, Daenna, great play with light and shadows, and the dark tone gives a really moody atmosphere. Top-notch job, it really looks worth the time it took you! [face_peace]

9. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thank you Corran_Fett :D I'm going to frame it :p

10. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Slick! He looks good under fluorescent lights.

11. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks very much Kecen :)

Hey, so I'm back again with more...

"Hoth Tourism": did this on a whim because I thought I could show Bardan's armor a little better... I like snow so I placed him on Hoth :p

Gladus Tite WIP: commissionned by Corran_Fett for his fan fictions... Gladus is an old Mandalorian who is quite skilled with blades

The Sith Apprentice: made this one quickly after I was blown away by the trailer of The Force Unleashed! I loved the armor and cloak of the character... Did it all with markers and it turned out quite alright I think :)

12. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    You know my thoughts on these. You're gettin better with every single piece. =D= [:D]

13. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Hey guys! Thanks for checking my stuff... Today I threw myself into digital painting (with pen tablet thingy) and, of course, another Bardan Jusik fan art piece because I have no imagination...

Jusik Digital Painting

Enjoy! Criticism is welcome! :D

14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    That's quite a nice view - staring out to nowhere on a conveniently flat surface. Hm, does the planet have special meteorological properties? The sky is a nice shade of broody red.

15. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks kecen!

It's obviously a barren place, with weak sunlight and mild climatic activity. It's kinda dead actually :p I'm not very good at depicting environments yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.