main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Daily Life

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002

So.... do you want me to apologize?

2. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    But that is who Bowen is! He pisses people off because of his silly desire to be so informative. And yes! We got into so many disagreements! But you know what the beauty of that was? At the end of the day, I accepted who he was with all my heart and he, though I'm sure thinking me ridiculous, accepted me with all his heart. I was not lower than the earth JUST because I didn't agree with him.

Yes, Bowen is a natural at disagreements. But at least he does it with a certain air of respect and dignity. He could probably show up now and post a long reply to me telling me how I'm so misinformed and stupid, and all I would do is laugh and think to myself "Haha! Good ol Bowen. You are who you are."

That's what the world needs to learn: understanding.
    In a time when everyone is looking at everyone else and pointing out their flaws, we need to realize that each person is who they are for a REASON. We need to look in the mirror and realize there are things about EVERYONE that could be called to judgement. But where will that get us? Do you know why you always tend to connect with the main character in movies? Because you have their side of the story, you understand them. But really, in real life those people are probably the people you judge too quickly. Nobody takes the time anymore to understand, nobody takes the time to have compassion. The truth is, you are no better and everyone is dealing with their own problems and troubles. If you really understood someones situation, you would understand why they might act a certain way.

3. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002

4. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    My brain finally sorted it out:

Bowen didn't pick apart WHO I WAS. He simply picked apart my ideas.

5. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    That is up to you. This is a matter of conflicting personal opinions, here.

- Bill

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    There is a point between informative and just being a jerk. Being informative doesn't require one to publicly insult the person one is debating with. He did that time and time again. It got old. He was warned to stop and didn't and got banned because of it.

It is fine to disagree, as we do all the time, you and me. The difference is that there is dignity and respect between you and me. There wasn't with him. You and me, we can argue until the cows come home and at the end of the day there is still respect there. I can't ever say that the same could have been said true with Bowen. Personally, I fail too see how there is dignity and respect when he would often reduce someone by calling them stupid for having their opinion. While, I may think he is a grade a-1 a-hole for trying to impose his opinions on others, that is my opinion. I've never tried to impose my opinion of him on anyone else to get them to my way of thinking, nor have I ever told anyone they were stupid because they didn't follow my path of logic. This jerk did!

Understanding is fine. He lacked it. He never had the grace to come to terms that people have their opinions and no matter what evidence is presented, if that is what they believe, they will stick to those beliefs. He never had the presence of mind to say that the conversation was going nowhere and that both parties needed to agree to disagree. He lacked grace toward others, he lacked understanding.

There were times where I tried real hard to give him grace, but he would wear my patience thin. Especially when he would go around insulting people, yourself included, all willy-nilly - as if he had a right to do so. I'm sorry, nobody, not even me, ever has a right to put people down. Disagreeing is fine, it is ok not not agree. But to insult someone because they have a differing opinion is never acceptable. That is why I lead the charge to have him banned!

In another post you made a distinction between picking apart ideas and picking apart the person. Again, there is an acceptable way to do that. In debate, just simply offering evidence, devoid of personal opinion, does that. No matter you try to slice it, there is never any kind of justification for personal insults, period.

- Bill

7. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    As far as I know the OFF History is "generally" up to date. However, I do think I forgot the second OFF meeting at Izzy's....that was the one where Izzy's actually closed shop and the meeting had to move at the last minute (I showed up late and never got the word of the change). So please fill that one in if you still know the date and who attended.

All I can say about Bowen is, he did keep me logging into the OFF on a daily basis.

8. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I think I missed the worst of Bowen when I was gone. You know he had a big impact on us if we're still talking about him even now. [face_coffee] I'm sorry to say that I'm already bored with the subject.

Thursday, I went to visit my best friend from HS in Salem. I discovered that her cell phone sounds like a Star Trek communicator badge when she gets a text message. Not too long after that my cell phone rings... with the Imperial March. :p We're such dorks. lol

-IJedi

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    My ringtone is a rock song. Does that make me a not-geek? [face_worried]

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    My ringtone is just a simple tone beep. Yeah... I'm lame.

- Bill

11. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    [face_dancing] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7X9MQi7uOU

12. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Nice!

13. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    here:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/17/watch-this-70-minute-video-review-of-star-wars-the-phantom-menace/

Since this is a star wars site and all. Have fun.

14. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I think Yoda would say something about 'a ringtone not a nerd make'. Some of us just need that extra help to feel as awesomely nerdy as we want to be. :p

Sorry for the absence. I was able to help work on a short film this last weekend. It was pretty awesome because we took an old restaurant and made it post-apocalyptic. Quite a mess to clean up though.

I started watching the Clone Wars series since it's on DVD now. I love it! The Sep droids are so hilarious. I actually find Jar Jar amusing (the universe is going to collapse now)! Plus there is a lot of great action actually with battles and missions. I'm a sucker for those navy uniforms and trooper armor. [face_love]

-IJedi

15. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    There is nothing wrong with finding Jar Jar Binks amusing. I love that character! Always have. He has his place in the Star Wars history. He will go down in annals of history as - that bumbling idiot who helped Palpatine rise to higher powers and subjected an entire galaxy into chaos.

I mean, come on, what is there to not love about the guy! :D

- Bill

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Alright fine. Here's the deal. No more unicorns and butterflies, feelings, cross the memories of my mind, blah blah blah. I really don't care anymore. So Larena has to evolve to fit into this new generation of fanforce, that's fine. I'll do it. Only because to end things in such a dramatic way would just be silly.

So here it is, the new Larena. You best like her cuz she's not going to take any crap. Oh yes, I will be nice when nice is given. But I'll be tough when there are nothing but bread crumbs as well.

R.I.P. my little friend. You served your purpose in a time that needed you, and now there is no place for you. [face_flag]

]-}

Hahaha... anyways. Lets get this show on the road.

17. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Larena, just be yourself. :) I'm not asking you to be any other way.

-IJedi

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Oh I'll be myself. Just a more outspoken myself. [face_beatup][:D]:D

I guess you could say Larena has successfully been snapped.

19. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Now where is an emoticon of a board breaking when you need one! :D

- Bill

20. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Where's the emoticon of your mom breaking when you need one? hahaha...

21. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I don't need one of those. I saw plenty of that growing up... which usually followed with me getting it with a wooden spoon (which later became tupperware, because, ya know, plastic don't break!), or that plastic rolling pin.

Yeah... I never did quite know when to keep my mouth shut! :D

22. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm always on craigslist looking for employment. Stumbled across this just now and thought I should pass it along just in case. -IJedi

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/evg/1610266636.html

23. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Nice.... they should contact Cloud City Garrison. I wonder what the gig is?

- Bill

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I feel like death today. [face_tired]

25. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    dude its the zombie death curse I tell ya we started talkin zombie and now this??!!we wont let them take you jade well figure out a cure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.