main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Yeah, but given how this story treats her time with Han as well as her story with Kylo, it really doesn't matter.

2. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    What doesn’t matter?

3. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    The family theme. It has been practically divorced from the story which leaves Rey's lineage as her entire raison d'etre.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  4. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    It really hasn’t.

Unless one thinks she’s unrelated, I guess.

But I have yet to hear a cogent rey random explanation of the ST, anyway so *shrug*

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Not really taking the Skywalker Saga forward when the hero isn't a Skywalker.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The hero dosen't have to be a Skywalker as long as the story moves along. Also Kylo might turn wether thats good or bad is up to the veiwer. Also i like that not too many Skywalkers walks around.

cerealbox likes this.
  7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Psst. *Rey accidentally killed her drunkard parents*. Pass it on

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If they break TROS into two parts then TROS 2 will reveal that Rey ate her dead parents. Then there will be a novel that reveals that Rey tracked down the rest of her relatives and accidentally killed and ate all of them. Every new story will reveal all the horrible things that Rey accidentally has done. The last Rey story will end with a scene of Rey chewing on the leg of the dead family dog while she cries, "what have I done!?!?!"

godisawesome , Neesh and Darth Smurf like this.
  9. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Then she's accidentally chewing on Chewie...

10. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I like this idea. Maybe the vision of her parents flying away actually ends with them being pulled pack to the planet and crashing because Rey unknowingly unleashed a wild force-pull on them.

cerealbox likes this.
  11. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Yes I know. Some of us have been saying this theory for two years now. Even before TLJ came out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  12. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Yeah, because then she can bond with Kylo over killing their parents and being completely delusional.

christophero30 likes this.
  13. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Or she could kill Kylo. Because Kylo is bad.

14. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Rey won’t kill Kylo. Certainly not when Luke stayed his hand re Vader.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She doesn’t need to kill Kylo.

But I agree that her bonding with Kylo over “their both killing their parents” would be as abysmally terrible as their bonding over “shared loneliness.”

If Rey did accidentally kill her parents, that act is still not the same morally as Kylo intentionally killing Han. Just as the whole notion of “shared loneliness” ignores the fact that Kylo brought his loneliness upon himself, whereas Rey did not.

devilinthedetails and Neesh like this.
  16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I would laugh very hard if little Rey accidentally killed her parents. Whoops! They’re dead! It ain’t gonna happen.

17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    That'd actually be pretty damn crazy.

I wouldn't want it personally, but some "Rey's powers manifested in some huge display as a toddler and she killed her impoverished junkie parents accidentally" thing would almost fit. Their gangster boss/dealer not giving two ****s about Rey and dumping her at the nearest outpost or whatever.

Not gonna happen, but it's interesting.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Sounds like something that would happen in a bad X-Men movie.

Talos of Atmora likes this.
  19. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    If we get a flashback to Rey accidentally killing her parents by wild, instinctual Force pull, I admit I'll laugh in theaters so if a short brunette in a theater near you laughs at that happening, please come by and meet me after the movie is over. [face_laugh]

More seriously, I suppose that's possible since her parents did die in a crash at least according to TLJ and Rey obviously has a great power that she couldn't have been expected to control or understand as a toddler. Still, a scene like that would probably cross my threshold of the absurd, marking the point where I might find it impossible to take the Sequel Trilogy seriously, especially since it could really only be played straight and not for laughs, and I can't imagine my reaction being anything but laughter.

As to whether Rey will kill Kylo, I personally would predict she doesn't, since I think what's most likely to happen is Kylo will sacrifice himself for Rey, dying and "redeeming" himself in the process.

20. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Why would it be funny?

21. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @cerealbox, just something about the mental image of a toddler upset about her parents leaving her accidentally Force-tugging their ship into a crash is amusing to me in a morbid way. Hard to really explain why I find anything funny, to be honest, but I do have a history of laughing at odd moments in theaters like in Deathly Hallows: Part 2 I laughed at the scene where Snape was cradling a dead Lily just because it seemed comically over-the-top to me. Maybe I'm more laughing at the idea and execution of the scene, I don't know.

There is some evidence to support the idea, though, so I can't say it's impossible that it'll happen. It'll just probably amuse me if it does.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Or maybe you're a psychopath. ;)

23. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Bor Mullet, quite possibly, but a rather harmless one who confines my psychopathy to ill-timed laughter at movies. [face_laugh]

24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd laugh because it would be so overly dramatic that it would be absurd and silly. It's not exactly the same thing but the idea reminds me of that scene in the Man of Steel movie when Clark lets his dad get sucked into a tornado of death so nobody will know he has superpowers! Ha! Sooo bad! I laughed at that too. It was supposed to be a heart breaking moment but it was so over the top and dumb.

25. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.