main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so what exactly were they doing in LA?

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Super secret awesome Star wars stuff. That's what they were doing

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would agree with this, also like I have said before most of these insiders with there suposed movie spoilers are all bogus, this is not a new thing it goes back to the Prequel days. Somthing else to consider, do the charachter's in the comic really look like Boyega and Ridley? I would have to say NO, and if they are supposed to be Boyega And Ridley the Artist for the comic in question are really bad Artists and should be fired, no offense to the Artists involved with the Star Wars Comics. Bottom line is I never believed these rumors they sounded as rediculous as the Gophers in KOTCS and I loved KOTCS I just thought the gophers in the begining were silly. A Floating hand in space:rolleyes:

nalkwan likes this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Well maybe if one of the rumor sites would say something on the matter either way, everyone wouldn't be assuming that. :p

Daisy may not be their kid, and that's fine, but I really do think someone in the new cast is related to Han, Luke and/or Leia. All the rumors about the Arndt vs. JJ draft were about the focus being on the big three or their kids. And it makes so much sense from a story (and marketing) perspective to have this trilogy continue on the Skywalker story from the previous two trilogies. Regardless of if it's Daisy or not, I really would be shocked if there was no next generation Skywalker at all in the movie.

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm 6m @devincf she is someones kid, but not… :)

7. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    If they're talking like that , then they must know or assume she's a Skywalker.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe she is nobody's kid. She just popped out of the ground likes daisies! ;)

Dent likes this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Han Drolo I agree it seems like Peter Sciretta might be hinting she's a Skywalker

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    They may exist. But they may not be the primary lead or focus. They may be a tertiary lead, or even a villain.

11. leia-jade

leia-jade Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 20, 2014
    If Devin's trying to confirm this, I don't understand his successive tweets about Ep7 using EU material (all along with the vague Daisy = not a Solo tweet within the past hour or so). It sounds like he's being intentionally confusing. Or sarcastic? (IMHO, it's just annoying, because it's getting us talking, and that's what these rumor sites want.)

12. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe Luke has kids instead of the Solos? Or maybe they both have kids? Or maybe more than just a kiss was shared between Luke and Leia and now there'a an insane bug-eyed Jedi running around?:eek:

Lord D'arg likes this.
  13. Oswald1901

Oswald1901 Jedi Padawan

Oct 7, 2013
    Seems like this Devin guy got punked, and is now lashing out at others and throwing in random rumors to cover up his trail and make everyone forget about what he said.
    (Even though I do believe Ridley's a Skywalker descendant... Shh, shh :p)

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  14. leia-jade

Jul 20, 2014
    If she's not a Solo or a Skywalker... the Kenobi descendant rumor instantly comes to mind.

Lurknomore likes this.
  15. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    There was rumors ages ago (like 10+ years) that a sequal (unspecified which or if it was an end point for the sequals, like luke's son has a daughter or if luke himself had one was very vague) would feature a female with the last name Skywalker. I forget the source.

That said almost all circumstantial evidence implies Daisy is a Solo, which has been stated ad nauseum.

I believe she will be a Solo due to this however I won't be closed minded about it. Further I'm 100,000% in favor of Luke fathering children (lukewarm (no pun intended) about adoption at best, it just muddied the whole blood lineage of the last two trilogies, feel free to disagree but it's just my opinion)

ChildOfWinds and starocean90 like this.
  16. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    He just did the same thing on an Ant-man article earlier, after most of the internet assumed Evangaline is playing Wasp because of her Hairstyle being eerily similar to Janet's, if her character's last name wasn't already enough confirmation. In comes Faraci's article commenting on how if Wasp is in Ant-man , she wasn't in Edgar's original script , only to then point out how he hasn't even read the revised script written by Peyton Reed and Adam Mckay (among others) after Edgar left, he then goes on to say that the large adjustments to VFX would make that unlikely, except before this he says "she is certainly being set up for that role in the future".

Either all of these conflicting statements are to give himself an out after the dust settles or it's all just click bate.

starocean90 likes this.
  17. leia-jade

Jul 20, 2014

Okay, wow. That's pretty eye-opening.

18. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    or all of the above

starocean90 likes this.
  19. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Dude, the gophers were awesome - they should have been the sidekicks***

I can't decide whether the hand in space or the old PT rumour of Charleton Heston as young Yoda is more ridiculous.:D

*** Hoojibs - by gum, there better be Hoojibs in Episode VII :)

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    It might not mean anything, but it seems like Jeff Sneider (The Wrap) retweeted both the Devin Faraci and Peter Sciretta tweets.

Lurknomore likes this.
  21. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Could just mean the Legacy characters, and the way they meet are in fact the inspiration behind Boyega and Ridley's characters in VII.

If we're willing to believe that to be the case with Jaina and Kyle Katarn, why not these kinda obscure characters?

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @Han Drolo
    he didn't re tweet any of the EU tweets, he retweeted both the tweets I posted on this thread concerning Ridley only.

23. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

If I recall, that rumor was clarified to describe a character related to Obi-Wan but not his direct descendant.

But you're right, that is a possibility. I'd forgotten all about that rumor until you mentioned it.

24. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    About how people assume she's a Solo? At this point dude, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the only person related to a Solo was Oscar Issacs character.

I think I'm done assuming any of these characters have familial connections to the original trio.

starocean90 and Lurknomore like this.
  25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @Lurknomore
    but that rumor that came from THR, they were saying that they were looking for a black/mixed female for that role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.