main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Why do you think they hired Andy Serkis?

4. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014
    Not sure I get what you mean about Zare. Was he an Ep. VII character that was rewritten for Rebels? Or are the Rebels character and VII character the same person? If the latter is what you mean, that seems shaky since Zare is the same age as Ezra, who is roughly the age of Luke. So Boyega's character would be pretty old in VII if that was the case.

In regards to Daisy's character: Personally, I don't particularly care where she comes from as long as the character is well written, well acted, and lives up to the legacy of the film series.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    for Boyega the guy at the forum is saying that he was supposed to be Zare Leonis II.

6. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014

That's a horrendous thing to do from a marketing (and merchandising) standpoint. I doubt Disney would let something like that fly.

starocean90 likes this.
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

It's like every day these rumors are making less and less sense

8. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

I'm not talking about mo-capping people into animals. I'm talking about taking actual animals, like dogs and horses, and mo-capping them into brand new Star Wars alien species.

9. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    They mo-capped horses for LOTR so yes, it can be done.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    They mo-capped horses with horses.:p

11. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

That's good to know.

12. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

True! And they never made all that much sense to begin with.

13. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Daisy's playing a quadrupedal alien???

14. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Wonder if she was on set with Carrie Fisher yesterday.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    same guy who posted the Arndt script rumors, posted this
    http://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?threads/about-the-recast-rumour-from-march.217/
    As some may remember there was a rumour that went around in March and featured on this very site. The rumour was that the Original Trilogy characters were to be recasted and the female lead was to be Mara Jade. Now there are two different explanations I have been told as to what exactly started this weird rumour. One is the idea that there are definitely flashbacks in the film and it leaked and was exaggerated over and over. Then there is the explanation that it was BS made up by a Latino Review source. I say this because at the time that is where I got all my info from, a source from Latino Review. He even sent me supposed dialogue from the script, and detailed sketches of characters when I began to doubt the recast. It was all fake so why keep them. Anyway I got in touch with this site and spread word of the recast rumour under the name TheWARSGuy back in March, which I regret and since then have learned not to trust any source associated with Latino Review because it is most likely complete BS.

Satipo likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    It's kinda cute when these websites get into their "NO they're wrong! I'm all right!" hissy fits. Ladies, ladies, you're both wrong. It's ok :p

17. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Register board?

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

There was a board set up in Port Magee full of register tags for the cast and crew. Presumably if you did not have a tag you did not get on the Ferry to Skellig. Under cast there were two 'codenames' - K (Kira?) for Ridley and OW (Old Wizard?) for Hamill, under stunts were the initials of Chloe Bruce and Hamill's stunt double (someone can help me out here as I don't know who 'R.C.' is). There were no other cast or stunt people on the Island.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

No... they actually call Luke "ow" since his hand is apparently being constantly cut off.

20. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Let's just all agree that we know NOTHING on what Episode VII is about and WHO the new cast members are playing.

21. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah u know u think rumors would be getting crystallized by this point but I swear the mystery box must be working because they are getting more confusing and more variable.

22. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    Just a reminder that JJ doesn't call his security while filming the mystery box. Its just your typical big studio paranoid security. The mystery box is rather JJ's term for his preferred storytelling method.

i.e. You find a box. What's inside it? Its a mystery. You open that box and you find a key. A key to what? That's another mystery. You find that its the key to a door. What's behind the door? Its a mystery. Open the door and you find... and so on and so forth until you reach the end of the story. The point being, each scene needs to both present a question and an answer that leads to a new question. What fell out of the sky? A lightsaber. Who do you think it belonged to? Maybe we should go find out (goes to next scene to find someone who knows). Then the question is asked 'well, where is Luke now?' and this leads us to our next scene and so forth.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The most sanest comment I've seen here.

TheBBP likes this.
  24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

[​IMG]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Okay.

Though that doesn't mean what is written on the board is true. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.