main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I agree, in that Daisy made a mistake. It happens, and no matter how explicit an apology she gives, this can't be reversed. What's well beyond poor taste is the internet-wide tendency of tearing into someone over any given conflict. Daisy's message about kindness is as applicable to that contingent of her own fans as it is to the image.

Force22 and AhsokaSolo like this.
  2. Kantz

Kantz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2015
    So in the novelization of Rey's vision I just realized something. It says how she could hear "the clashing of weapons." What sort of weapons clash? Swords. Blasters would never be described as clashing. So, this battle, imo, either involves the knights of ren, Jedi, or both. This has some pretty large implications regarding the circumstances that led Rey to being left on Jakku.

3. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    She's hearing the Luke/Vader Bespin duel.

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

It's ridiculous, but not surprising. As Americans get fatter and fatter a backlash against thinness has increased, especially coming from larger women. No one is immune.

Hell, look at captive Leia in ROTJ. Some of the same oversensitive fools are complaining about that, over 30 years after the fact.

Blastaar likes this.
  5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    From my observations, people tend to complain about that for other reasons mostly.

dragonchic and loststars like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Isn't a forum technically a form of social media in a way? Or not?

Personally I will never understand how ppl can do social media for a living..

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm not putting out massive amounts of personal information about myself, or pictures. So I don't really count it. It's more like having a conversation with someone on the phone or in person imo, just over the computer instead.

8. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015

Yeah it was a mistake but it's a good sign that she at least recognized it as such. Some celebrities intentionally sic their fans on supposed haters on social media.

I rarely follow entertainers I like on social media since it almost never increases my opinion of them. :p Daisy and John seem pretty fun though and Hamill's twitter account is gold (I love that he's started retweeting Very Lonely Luke).

9. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    I think the only ones in the cast without some type of social media account is Oscar/Adam/Harrison

10. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Yeah and to add insult to injury Captive Leia was held captive by and seated next to Jabba. [face_mischief]

Anyway, Moving on.

Will someone be captured in Ep8?

Will 'Carbon Freeze' be the captive's jail cell or will it be something new? Poe or Finn?

Will Rey rescue Poe or Finn if they get captured? (I know Poe already been captured once.)

11. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I'd prefer not (we pulled that trick twice already in TFA, with two different characters), especially if it's the cliffhanger. I DO expect a cliffhanger ending, but lets change it up a bit. I could see one or more of the main characters being MIA (and we don't know exactly where they are or what their circumstances are) maybe working instead.

12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Also we already have Rey facing Kylo in TFA. Luke didn't face Vader until ESB.

Will she face Kylo again in Ep8? (I think that is a given)

Wonder what type of tribulation \ dilemma \choice Rey will be faced with and will she conquer said tribulation?

Will she and Luke face off against Kylo ans Snoke?

Will Luke be bested by Snoke and Rey have to choose to either help Luke or turn\save Kylo (from the Dark-side)?

turnip white likes this.
  13. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Having the main hero and main villain face off in every film, and using it to showcase their progression, is also something that they've never done before in these movies, and it could be interesting as well. I'm firmly of the belief that, if she and Kylo face off again, then she should and most likely will, lose. Maybe he's become much more cold-blooded (and thus able to harness his innate talent more effectively), or he's just learned to use his anger to make himself more powerful.

And on the flip side she's now the one who's mentally/emotionally unbalanced (I could TOTALLY see this happening actually), be it because of disagreements with Luke, learning certain painful details about her backstory/parentage, a desire to "avenge" Han and Finn by taking out Kylo making her reckless and sloppy, or some combination of all of those. And he exploits that.

Then Luke and/or Finn has to come in and try and bail her out of trouble.

14. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    My Rey predictions for VIII go something like this:

- A Dark sider (probably Kylo, but maybe Snoke/a new character) will tempt Rey with the promise of forbidden knowledge of her family/past.
    - Kylo’s knowledge of the island in Rey’s vision will prove critical in his attempts to find Luke and Rey, and he will pursue them (confronting them on the island or elsewhere).
    - Rey will learn something about Kylo and her relationship with him that will turn her idea of him on its head, and she will be deeply conflicted, angry and distressed by the reveal. She wants nothing more than to hate him, but the new information makes that difficult.
    - Luke/the Resistance will deceive Rey or keep something crucial from her, and this will leave her feeling betrayed and vulnerable to the machinations of the Dark side.
    - Rey and Kylo will engage in a second duel, but this time Rey will lose or be seduced - she will be in emotional turmoil while Kylo will be relatively cool and collected, in a reversal of their emotional states in VII.

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Rey prediction - VIII:
    - Rey and Luke are fighting Kylo..
    - Kylo knocks out Rey and it's Kylo vs. Luke.
    - Luke is about to kill Kylo when Leia enters the scene and stops Luke from killing Kylo.
    - Kylo uses the opportunity of being saved by Leia to kill Luke.
    - Kylo then kills Leia.
    - Rey regains consciousness and escapes.
    - Episode VIII ends with Rey becoming consumed with rage and hate as she sets out for revenge.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    There not going to kill off both Luke and Leia in one film, let alone the same scene. Heck I can see them not killing either of them in this movie.

Drewton and SunStar like this.
  17. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    Considering the director for Episode IX said he wants them to have substantial roles, no. I don't see them killing off either of them in this trilogy.

dogprivilege and SunStar like this.
  18. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
  19. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    thanks but I'd rather not give traffic to someone who caused all that upset. Its not big nor is it clever and applying satire is not helping either. Plus the word retarded is awful.

20. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    That's the thing though: he never intended to cause all this. He was just a guy writing an opinion piece on a small-time blog, who's picture got dug up by some internet sleuth, posted on Instagram by an unassuming young girl who then got bullied for it. If anyone's to blame, it's the media for spinning it the way it has been.

Force22 likes this.
  21. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    Whatever, its stirring the pot. Still not clicking, if you using satire on body shaming it just shows how callous people can be. People should not give that site hits. He's got famous over adding a thought bubble, and hurt a few people along the way, congratulations. Fight his corner all you like, I ain't clicking, end off.

FanFromNY and MaciekRS like this.
  22. gizka

gizka Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2016
    You know who Rey's really going to be staring at for the most part in Ep. VIII? The relationship I'm anticipating the most! :p

[​IMG]

I think I've only come close to tearing during master and apprentice moments so considering that Luke has two apprentices to confront about the past/present, I'm already getting my tissues ready!

23. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    Side question. Aren't celebs OBLIGED to have a social media presence? Because of sponsorship deals and the like.I saw Zlatans twitter and it was 95% advertisments

24. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
  25. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    Daisy Ridley's reading of the torture scene convinced Abrams that SHE was the one

I thought there was no torture scene :p(sarcasm before anyone asks)

Blastaar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.