main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Star Wars Movie - NOT FILMING April 7th, 2024 (Blame Fredrik!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by chris hayes, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Lol what? That isn’t rushing anything.

El_Machete12 and PymParticles like this.
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Between February of 2024 and Christmas of 2025, it's almost two years of production, filming and post-production.

That's more than enough time. I am not worried that this film will be rushed. I am worried it will be bad.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Remember back when they were making good SW movies, they were 3 years apart. Two years is too fast.

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I can see that will probably be the production timeline by the time they announce the new movie and the director casts everyone gets everything lined up to start shooting February 2024 - it's definitely not a rush.

5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Sure, and I agree. But technically the script process has already started, so now we are 3 years (minus 3 months) before the scheduled release of this movie. That's still plenty of time. When Lucas was making his Star Wars movies, he did indeed take 3 years between movies, and I think that should be the golden standard. There are many reasons that I am worried that this movie will not be good, but rushing the movie is not one of them.

6. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Completely disagree.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    Glitterstimm and 2Cleva like this.
  7. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Especially with a director who has never helmed a feature film. Although, at this point I believe I have a better chance of directing this movie than she does.

2Cleva likes this.
  8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    With the pre-production this film has undoubtedly had, that’s easily over 3 years. Christmas 2025 is fine.

El_Machete12 and rocknroll41 like this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction: Doomcock and Mike Zeroh will have earned more money by 12/2025 with their Youtube troll crap than Disney/LF with SW movies.

10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    LFL doesn't actually know what they want from Star Wars movies, this has been obvious going all the way back to TFA imo. We *might* get a movie from Taika in the near term, but it seems increasingly likely that there will be no new movies until LFL has a change of leadership.

2Cleva likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So you completely disagree with the production schedule of pretty much every Star Wars film ever made? Okay.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Also with, frankly, most movies. You can easily spend this year getting the script written to a degree that everyone is comfortable with, spend however long you need in shooting the film in 2024 (likely about 4 or 5 months) while ILM gets a jump start on the digital effects, at which point you have like half of 2024 and all of 2026 to edit and finalize the movie. They have exactly 32 months and 29 days to do this. That's not rushing it. That's not unreasonable. It's only a problem if the script is still not ready to go this time next year.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Good god.

14. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Well with Celebration just a few weeks away I'm going to wait until then to start talking about movies.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You'll have to be more specific. To which ridiculous situation are you referring? :)

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That another SW production is going smoothly. Its shocking.

17. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Milk toast john Campea for the win lol.

18. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I'm not worried. Lawrence Kasdan wasn't the first screenwriter for TESB and it was Kershner's first big-budget film and look how that turned out.

P.S. Kershner's first forays into cinematography and directing were with documentaries.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    True, but they both had the guy that created it all backing them up. It's a little better when you can go right to the source.

20. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    ESB was ghost directed by George Lucas.

21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I really hope this movie does not have TFA vibes. We need something fresh not a repeat of what came before without the great characters of the OT.

Honestly I don’t currently trust Lucasfilm in making a good Star Wars movie with a post TRoS setting. I’m not sure Rey could carry a new movie. Is she popular enough to do so?

While Disney has done a good job with the Empire era (Rogue One and Andor being great examples) ,no popularity of the Empire nor Sith (unless they bring them back.....) to lean on post TRoS.

If the reception of the ST causes them to do some “Second Order vs Rebels” route.....then Star Wars film wise is truly done.......

Anyone else here agree that jumping into post TRoS as the the next new era for Star Wars film, is a mistake?

Darth PJ likes this.
  22. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Yes, because we all know there’s only one heroine left after IX for all time, and her name is Rey.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    No it wasn’t. That was ROTJ.

24. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    He ghost directed them both. He admits that on the ROTJ commentary track.

Master Jedi Fixxxer and 2Cleva like this.
  25. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Campea is worth paying attention to when it comes to officially released material. He's able to share his thoughts about movie releases in an insightful way. However he's not nearly as knowledgeable when it comes to the scoop business or behind the scenes stuff. Infact I at times think he is just making stuff up when he starts trying to talk about those things. We'll see if anything he has said about Kathleen Kennedy ends up being true. People best not hold their breath though for any of his revelations to come to fruition.