main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Dana's Art Thread (version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I had one of these threads a couple of years ago, but can't seem to find it again. It's been a while since I've done anything worth posting.

Thought I'd start off with my latest piece:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/th_dana_kyp_darkness.jpg]
    Facing The Darkness

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice to have you back in Fan Art, Dana! :)

You've done a great job on your latest piece. I think the lighting and the colors chosen go along perfectly with the title of the work. I'm gonna take a while guess here and say this is supposed to be either Jacen or Kyp?

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks! It's Kyp Durron, not Jacen (hence the green eyes and black hair!).

This piece and its variant (one with Sith eyes, one without) is an illustration of Darth Rache from my story [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22578734&brd=10477]Like The Deserts Miss The Rain[/link].

Sith Eyes:
    [image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/th_dana_rache_sith.jpg]
    [link=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/dana_rache_sith.jpg]Larger Version[/link]

Regular eyes:
    [image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/th_dana_rache_normal.jpg]
    [link=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/dana_rache_normal.jpg]Larger Version[/link]

Did this one in a couple of hours last night; was going to post it then, but my internet went down.

Dana

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great artwork. And Dana, you drawing Kyp? Shocking :p I like the purple lightsaber.

And the others are very cool as wll. Handsome guy :D And the tatoo is a nice touch :)

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks! I've drawn him before, but they all sucked. :p

The tat is his Sith tattoo, and it's supposed to represent Carida. It's also inspired by one of the ones attributed to Exar Kun, as he was Exar Kun's student. He just, you know, isn't as visible about it as Kun or his original followers.

Dana

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Did another piece. This is also from "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain", it's Rache presenting Jaina Solo to Empress Jade at a ball.

[image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/th_dana_rachejaina_ball.jpg]
    Larger version

Dana

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    This one is my favorite of the ones you've done so far. They look very realistic, and I love the expressions on their faces. And I love Jaina's dress :D

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thank you! I think it's my favourite, too. I have no idea how she turned out so well!

Dana

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Agreed! Jaina came out really well! Nice job on the anatomy and you really struck a mood with the expression and angle of her head. Keep up the great work! :)

10. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Ah, so the Tatoo represents Carida! A very nice addition to Rache's background.

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks! She's supposed to be just about to curtsey, with her head bowed just a little, and she resents it a bit.

Yes, it does; there's a part coming up in the 'fic where Jaina asks about the tattoo.

Dana

12. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Nice stuff, you're definitely getting better at anatomy with each picture. Jaina looks so elegant! Keep it up, even if you have to use pencils to do it - even though I usually use a tablet, I have a pocket journal I keep with me for sketching and writing down story ideas and thoughts on the go. I actually like pen sketches, there's something interesting that happens when you know you can't erase. A lot of them come out awful, but the ones that aren't are all the more satisfying.

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    . . . I can draw the human figure. It's not so much that I'm getting better at anatomy with each one, it's that the first and second pieces were fairly rushed and experimental. [face_plain]

Dana

14. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    :oops: Yeah, I can see what you mean now. Should've been paying closer attention. It's definitely been getting better, though.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, this isn't a Star Wars piece, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/art/dana_parlay_final.jpg]

"Parlay"

EDIT: This is Jack and my OFC, Nicola, not Jack and Elizabeth.

I've got some more SW pieces planned, just have to find the time to work on them.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great to see you back, Dantana!

And being the big Pirates fan that I am, I love your new piece! I always thought it would be interesting if they went the Jack/Elizabeth route in the films and I was one of those people cheering for them when they originally introduced the possibility in Dead Man's Chest. It's great to see this explored in art! Nicely done! :)

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm Will/Elizabeth all the way, but this is just so pretty!! I love your use of colors.

18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    POTC, cool. I simply love it!

=D=

And your other art pieces as well.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely pieces, all of them with those vivid colours.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks. I, uh, should have been more specific when I posted it. I was a bit rushed and neglected to mention that it's my OFC, Nicola Holyfield, in the picture, not Elizabeth Swann.

So am I. This isn't her. :p

Thank you!

Thank you. :) They are rather vivid, aren't they? I never thought about it.

Dana

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    D'oh! Sorry about that!

It still portrays some great mush, though. ;)

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice pieces! =D= Really like the coloring--nice depth of tone and good shading and highlights. The one of Rache and Jaina is especially lovely, with a good sense of being in the midst of movement--and of course, Jack! ;) Who doesn't love "pirate...?" :p Lovely work here--looking forward to more! :D

FF

23. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    All of your drawings are great ^___^ I love the way you color !
    The one with Jaina is my favorite, her expression fits perfectly, and the dress is shaded really well that it looks real ^___^
    Looking forward to more :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.