main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Danger Among The Shadows NJO AU Goddess vs. Goddess UPDATED!!! 10/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediStarMoonstruck, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Okay, this is my very first fic. I had planned on posting it when I finished it but I saw something that made me think otherwise. Please, I beg of you to be gentle! (My emotions happen to be made of fragile glass.)

There are several things I should warn you about this fic:
    One: it can be confusing, I happen to have various plots running throughout the fic,
    And two: everything will get explained,
    so if you see something that just doesn?t seem right to you, hang in there; all questions will be answered at some point (some sooner than others).

I don?t mind answering some questions but I can?t promise you that I?ll respond to them all; I do have a fic to take care of.

Let?s see?.oh, and two more things:
    Special thanks to the following:
    Qwi-Xux, for adopting me and beta-reading my fic,
    Jade243 and JediFalcon, who helped me early on,
    And two of my friends, who are not on the boards, but were the first readers of it.

Finally, Disclaimer: The only things that are mine are the OCs, plot and some background information. Other than that, everything belongs to the great Master Jedi George Lucas. I'm not making any money off of this.

Now to the fic!!! Enjoy!!!

Title: Danger Among The Shadows
    Timeline: NJO Post DJ
    Type: AU
    Summary: Anakin Solo finds himself in a world he never knew existed. Together with new and old friends, with a brand new family, he fights the Vong to save his family who believe him dead.

Star Wars
    Danger Among The Shadows
    Part One: A New Life

Prologue

The Force brought him into its healing embrace. Light absorbed into his skin, repairing injuries and restoring him to life. But the Force had an unavoidable problem; the injuries sent the boy into a coma at the same time it took him into the healing process.

The result sent a shockwave into the Force, causing all those who could feel it to believe the worst. To make matters even more grave, the coma and the healing trance caused the boy to be void of all life signs. As the boy lay healing, but with all appearance to be lifeless, those around him mourned.

He ran toward the Light. He had to get to the Light. Suddenly, the Light changed?into blond hair. The blond hair was crying. He wanted to get to the hair, to hold it, to comfort it, to say it?s okay.

But the Light came back and brought him into its care. He let the Light take him and forgot the blond hair for the moment. He never heard the hair whisper, ?Anakin??

Chapter One
    "Doing It First, Asking Permission For It Later"

?Enter,? The door opened and in stepped a tall, fourteen year old girl. Her thick, long brown hair was down making her face very small and shadowing her already dark brown eyes. Her light purple glasses fell a bit down her nose. Despite the fact that she was tall, the girl was small and thin. She was wearing a white tunic with white cloth pants. She walked up to the desk and stood at attention as if she was standing in front of an important figure.

Which, as a matter of fact, she was.

The man was sitting at his desk, reading a report on planetary defenses. He glanced up at the girl and then back to his report. He wondered why the girl was here; she had never entered his office before. He shut down his holoprojector and looked up at the young teen. ?So, Ladora, what brings you here?? He asked casually.

The girl, Ladora, looked at the man with very serious eyes. ?Admiral, sir, I wish to speak with you on a highly important matter.?

Hiding shock at her formal approach to him, he responded, ?I see. What do you wish to speak with me about, Commander??

She took a deep breath and let it out. Uh, oh. Whatever this was about, it was not good. ?I wish to form a strike team.?

A strike team? ?A strike team? For what purpose??

?To combat the Yuuzhan Vong.?

He sighed, ?Ladora, I am afraid I cannot authorize that. It is against the law, something you should know very well about.?

?The Council would not have to k

2. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent start, JSM! :D Very intriguing.. You certainly have my attention :D ;)

3. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Wow, I got a post! :eek:
    Let's celebrate!! *throws out candy* Of course, if more people post, they get candy as well. ;)

4. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Of course! :D 8-} Can't have a thread without handouts of goodies 8-}

5. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok, tomorrow night, I want to see lots of replies! :D
    *dangles a candy bar for the lurkers* Want it? Post for it!

Up!!! :) :)

6. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
  7. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    It's great to see this up...don't get discouraged about posts and replies...sometimes a story will only get a couple of readers to start. Don't give up! :D

8. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks Qwi! But I found this on page 7 and since I can't get any replies there. [face_mischief]

I guess I gotta up my fic for now.

UPPPP!!!!!

9. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Upping for my friend JSM :D

10. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Thank you, Jade. :) *throws Jade a candy bag for the support*

I'm changing the subject a little to see if that works. If not.... :( Guess I'll wait then.
    New post will be up sometime this weekend or Mon. night at the latest. I'm going to warn you ahead of time: have tissues ready, you might need them.

*starts hoping that all this will work*

11. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Give it time, JSM, and don't get discouraged :D

12. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Great start! Hope we can see more soon!

13. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Up again :)

14. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I knew I would get someone from my club,FADA, here at some point.
    Thanks Jedi_Knight_Satine!!
    Now I'm happier!

15. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
  16. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I would've posted this last night but I had to babysit my cousin at 9:00 this mourning and I need sleep. I also played with this a lot while I waited to post it. Ok, hope you have those tissues ready.

Chapter Two
    ?Telling Anakin?

He saw nothing but light. A bright and powerful light. His eyes were closed but that white light shone through his lids.

Pain, but that was just a memory, something he felt long ago. The darkness that came with the pain was gone as well. It was like a nightmare that would never go away. The pain and darkness, no, no, don?t think about that. The nightmare was over, gone. This white light here, no more pain and no more darkness. But wait, what?s this?

A face? A face with long blond hair. Who was it? Did they know him? Now that he thought about it, who was he? He had no idea who he was. He tried to think back to his last memories. Only fragments came back, a brown headed person, no, two brown headed people, one with long hair and another with short.

Jaina?.was that the longhaired one?s name?

Jacen?.the shorthaired?

Jaina, Jaina?.his sister?

Jacen, Jacen?.his brother?

Yes, yes, that?s it. Jaina was his sister and Jacen, his brother. They were running, running from?.what? Some creatures, he couldn?t remember what they were. Pain, the pain had come from there! But what caused it?

Tahiri. The blond headed person. Tahiri?.it was Tahiri. Oh, no, Tahiri! Tahiri!

?Tahiri!? Anakin Solo rose from his bed, looking. ?Tahiri, where are you? Jaina, Jacen, where are you? Where?s Tahiri?

?Easy now, take it easy, you have been through a rough time.?

Anakin looked at the speaker. He was tall and blond headed with bright blue eyes. The man was wearing a uniform, one that he didn?t recognize. It was green with dark green stripes going down the sleeves. The light green pants completed the uniform and the man?s rank was on the right breast pocket, but Anakin couldn?t figure out what his rank was. ?Who are you?? Anakin asked, directly. ?Where am I? Where are my friends??

The man smiled, ?You are on the planet Naboo and you happen to be in our med center. You were very badly hurt. The staff says you are very fortunate to be alive.?

As much as he was annoyed at not having two of his questions answered, the notion of a planet he never heard of captured Anakin?s attention. He would get to his other questions later. ?Naboo? I?ve never heard of that planet before.?
    The man chuckled, ?I doubt you would. Naboo hasn?t been in the galactic eye for a very long time.?

?How come?? The now curious young Jedi asked.

?It was when Palpatine took over. The Naboo were horrified that one of their own-?

?This is Palpatine?s homeplanet?!??

?Yes,? the man nodded sadly, ?Horrified that one of their own was capable of doing something so traitorous to their own principals and ideas, instead of going up against him or even protesting the act, the Naboo hid. Sent a virus through the computer database which erased the coordinates of Naboo and all mention of the planet.? The man sighed, ?The Naboo went through one battle for their planet and the Clone Wars. I guess the idea of another war was too much for them.?

As the man was saying this, Anakin got up, slowly, so not to alarm the man, and walked up to him. ?But didn?t they want to stop him??

The man grimaced, ?Yes, they wanted to see him stopped. You see, Anakin, the Naboo are pacifists. They don?t like war. They hoped to see Palpatine brought down in a peaceful way. But,? he said, softly, ?they did not get their wish.?

Anakin nodded, ?I see, so why didn?t Naboo, after the war, show itself and join the New Republic??

The man looked at Anakin, leaning against the wall, ?Well, Anakin, some of us wanted to, but there were a few who were against it, saying that the Republic could be dragged into another war. Because of that fear, laws were established to keep the people from going to the Republic.?

?But, why didn?t the people stop it??

?Because the people

17. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    :( That was so sad! Poor Anakin can't go home :_|

Great post, though!

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :_| that is so sad, Anakin can't go home. Great posts JSM, can't wait for more

19. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, JSM :D Poor Anakin....

20. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah!! Everyone liked!! :D :D :D

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    yup need more JSM<

BTW I updated ABODW's

22. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, I noticed! [face_laugh]

Let's see, next update...this weekend most likely. Maybe Fri. or Sat., I haven't really decided yet.

Maybe in the next one, you guys will have questions for me. :p

23. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm bored :p so I thought I would up this and give a update on the writing part of this.

Tomorrow, I will finish chp. 6. Right now, I'm reseaching for my next chp. because I can't get 2 important parts of it to connect.
    I just may post chp. 3 tomorrow night in celebration of finishing chp. 6. Most likely, when I post it, it will have a warning due to uh, torture. Guess I'll see you tomorrow night, then.

24. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
  25. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Haven't even gotten to the torture parts, yet. HeeHeeHee.

Post later tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.