main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Danger Among The Shadows NJO AU Goddess vs. Goddess UPDATED!!! 10/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediStarMoonstruck, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Almost post time people! :) Just one thing to cover before it gets posted.

I'm still looking for a beta. Someone please!!!! :( :( :(

Edit: PAGE 10!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

2. Phantom_of_the_JC

Phantom_of_the_JC Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Greetings! I am the JC Phantom and I have currently taken over JediStarMoonstruck's spirit! [face_devil]

Being the very evil Phantom that I am, the next post will be released on Halloween! [face_devil]

Enjoy your wait! [face_devil]

*evil laughter is heard*

3. Phantom_of_the_JC

Phantom_of_the_JC Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Oh, boo! It's Halloween! :( I guess I can't torture you anymore. I guess I can post this thing. *kicks thread wall and puts up post*

Chapter Fifteen
    ?The Visit to Telti?

Hyperspace had always amazed Ken. It seemed impossible for such a place to exist, but maybe that thought came from living isolated in Yavin 4?s hidden City of the Jedi for the first twelve years of his life. Learning about something from a holo and experiencing it first-hand were two very different things, so maybe that was the reason hyperspace never lost its wonder.

?Enjoying the view?? asked Anakin as he came in the Probe?s cockpit and sat in the pilot seat.

?Yeah, I am. What brings you here?? replied Ken.

?I have a question for you. I?ve been wondering this for some time so...? Anakin hesitated as he searched for the right words.

Ken turned toward Anakin and grinned. ?Go ahead. Ask me any question you want.?

Anakin looked serious, but then he always looked serious, at least to Ken. ?Are you afraid of Palpatine?? he asked.

Ken?s smile faded. He turned and looked at the floor. He never had been asked that question before. It had always been, ?Do you hate your grandfather?? or ?How does it feel having Palpatine for a grandfather?? but never that question. ?No, I?m not afraid of him.?

?You?re not?? said a curious Anakin.

?No. I?m petrified of him. I?m terrified that I might turn into him. No one knows how he came to be so I don?t know how to avoid his path,? confessed Ken.

?Four months ago, I thought I was named after Darth Vader and I knew just as little. How do you cope with it?? inquired Anakin.

Ken turned red and kept his gaze on the floor. ?I, uh ?convince? myself I?m not powerful.?

?And you do that by how??

?I let Ladora?? Ken hesitated. Blast it! This is getting uncomfortable!

But Anakin was able to fill in the blanks. ?You let Ladora beat up on you?!? exclaimed Anakin.

?Yes, but you can?t tell her that?s the reason. Understand?? demanded Ken, turning toward him and pointing at him to make sure he understood.

?I won?t say word,? promised Anakin. ?Does this have anything to do with what you, Talon and Rene told me my first week on Naboo??

Ken nodded. ?Ladora has this fear of power. If she thinks she is holding any amount of power, she lets it go.? He looked around to make sure no one was around. ?That?s why we told you not to mention anything that concerns her and power,? he continued.

Anakin sat back in his seat and sighed. ?She really is weird. Why the Force do you date her??

It was not a question that Ken was suppose to answer, but it brought back memories. Ken sat back in his seat and stared at the lines of hyperspace going by.

He smiled at the memory of how the concept of dating Ladora got started. ?I accidentally gave her a necklace,? he said. Whatever Anakin?s reaction was, Ken did not have time to see it. The console started buzzing, indicating it was time to bring the ship out of lightspeed. Ken turned to Anakin and asked, ?Would you help me? It needs two to bring the ship out of hyperspace.?

?Uh, sure, no problem.? Anakin shook his head, bringing out of the daze he was in and helped Ken in the process to bring the Probe out. Anakin put his hand on one level and waited for Ken?s signal. A red light lit up and Ken nodded, bringing down his own level. The lines disappeared and revealed a small planet?and a fleet!

?What the??? said Anakin dumbfounded.

?Ladora?s been busy,? said Ken in the same dumbfounded voice.

The cockpit door opened, but Ken and Anakin were both too shocked to turn and look.

?So you like?? asked Ladora.

Ken nodded his head. Anakin turned to Ladora and asked, ?How did you do that??

?Well, Telti is a factory. A droid factory, but, as Dad and I found out, it doesn?t take much to make ships. This has been going on for four months now. My sources have kept it going,? explained Ladora as she exchanged seats with Anakin.

Ken saw this as his chance to

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    oh great update JSM more???

5. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Oh wow that was great! Loved it!

6. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks you two.

Gosh! :eek: Where is everyone? Did someone forget to inform the Earth is flat and everyone fell off the end? Respond soon please, even to say hi!

Guess what I did? (Note the same rules I put in there, apply here as well). POW

7. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    [face_plain] You know I was expecting you guys to riot by now. [face_plain]

8. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
  9. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    You know what you are rioting about, Satine? ;)

10. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    ....perhaps....?

8-}

*riots again just for the hell of it*

11. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok, see the link I posted a few posts ago? Go to it and look at it.

*runs and hides*

12. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Oh wow! I didn't know you were doing another fic! I'm gonna have to go take a lookie at it on the weekend (I'd do it now but I'm swampted.

13. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I hope everyone has had a great Turkey Day! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

14. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Hiyee!! The next post is written and has been sent to Qwi. :)

The chapter is eight pages in word. :eek: [face_plain] I don't know how I do it (POW is so short!). I won't post the entire chapter, just the first six pages.

The first post is Anakin and Ladora. I really like torturing Anakin! [face_devil] I'll leave it at that! :D [face_devil]

The second post is a combined one. It's all Mara with a little of Luke, Jaina and Leia. The other part is a very short Anakin post. But it's a very revealing Anakin post! ;)

Depending on when I get the post back will determine when they get posted. I'm thinking of posting one next week and the other the week after. I'll decide sooner or later.

See ya soon! :)

15. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Tonight will start off my Week of Surprises! Since my labtop won?t be nice to me (it believes opening Word is an illegal action), chances are no Christmas post. So all Christmas presents will be this week!

First Christmas present is of course under this. After you reply, scroll down and look above chapter one. :D ;)

Chapter Sixteen
    ?Secret Plan?

Sleep had not been kind for Anakin in the three months since his ?death.? He always had the same dream; podracing on Tatooine, being rejected by his family and the dream falling apart in the end. He went to bed thinking he would have the same dream, but it turned out he was wrong. He did not have the same dream, as before - it was much worse than before.

Anakin stood in a misty place. He stepped forward and discovered the ground was composed of white sand. Well, this is odd, he thought. Anakin continued to walk forward, but the place seemed to go on forever and there seemed to be no one around. Slowly, however, something came into view. It looked like a box at first, but then he realized it was not really flat and there were long tentacle-like things attached to it.

And there were Vong around it.

Must be a new Vong weapon, reasoned Anakin. There was nothing to hide behind so Anakin kept his distance, but his curiosity of what the weapon was got the better of him and he took a few steps forward.

It was a mistake; the Vong rushed forward. Anakin took out his lightsaber, ignited it and adopted a fighting stance. Lightsaber and staff clashed as Anakin met his first opponent. Anakin brought his lightsaber down to see if he could get the Vong?s legs, but was blocked. He tried for the head and got blocked as well. He went for the middle and connected! The blade sliced through the mutilated body and, to Anakin?s surprise, the Vong disappeared in a puff of smoke.

For a second, Anakin just stood there, not sure what had happened. The next second, he was raising his saber again in defense. He waited for an opening and then took off the new Vong?s legs. This one disappeared in a puff of smoke as well. One after another, the Vong disappeared whenever Anakin made contact with them. At last, the final Vong vanished in the cloud of smoke.

Anakin looked around, holding his lightsaber in front of him in case of another attack. When he was sure there was no longer a threat, he shut off his lightsaber and started toward the strange box. Suddenly, the tentacle things started moving and the box started to rise. Anakin started to run; he had a feeling of urgency. He had to get to that box! He got there too late. The box was too high up to jump to.

Normally, anyway, a Force-enhanced jump could reach the rising box. Anakin jumped, sending the Force into the act, and grabbed the opening. Whatever the box thing was, it had to be alive; it felt alive. He pulled himself halfway into the opening and found a surprise. ?Mom! Dad!? In the back of the box laid his parents, unconscious it appeared. Aunt Mara was next to them, unconscious as well. There was only one person moving. ?Uncle Luke!? Anakin stretched out his hand. His uncle looked at him oddly.

?Grab my hand,? said Anakin. ?We?ll get the others and get out of here!?

Uncle Luke, it seemed, did not appear to be in any hurry. He seemed to be in deep thought. Finally, he took Anakin?s hand. Anakin felt a surge of exuberance. He tried to pull himself inside so he and his uncle could plan a way to escape when something startling, and foreboding, happened. Luke Skywalker pushed his nephew out of the box.

Anakin gazed up at the only thing keeping him from falling to the ground below: Uncle Luke. His face was full of malice and his eyes showed to Anakin the only reason why he was being treated this way.

He had no face.

No! Not again! He tried to speak, but his voice did not seem to want to work.

Then the unthinkable happened. Luke dropped his nephew. Anakin fell downward to the white sand. He tried screaming, but his voice still refused

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    what does Ladora have planned? this is not good you have to post soon again please :D

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't know if I've ever posted here but this is an interesting story. I certainly hope that they will all be reunited with the family.

*gains 10 cyberpounds partaking of the cyberfeast*

18. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Falcon: When does Ladora do anything good? [face_devil]

RebelMom: *starts bouncing around thread* New reader!!!!

Hint: the family get reunited, but not in the way people will like.

Well, here?s the last of Secret Plan! Hope you like it! :)

?Mara, stop pacing. You?re making me nervous.?

Ignoring her husband?s command, Mara continued to pace. ?I might stop if you would help me out here,? she suggested.

Luke, sitting on their bunk on the Falcon, shook his head. ?I told you, this is your decision. I can?t help you.?

At those words, Mara did stop. ?Can?t or won?t, Luke?? she asked.

She watched his mouth curl up in thought. ?Both.?

Mara sighed, ?You?re hopeless, Skywalker.?

Luke?s eyebrows shot up. ?Last name? Maybe I should help. Mara, you?ve been going over this for three months now. It can?t be this hard.?

She shot him a look, but did not say what came to mind. She was already having second thoughts on her decision. She did not need to remind him of his decisions in recent months, not that Mara wanted to be reminded of them either.

?Mara, I think you have good reasons,? he continued.

She started pacing again. ?I know. I think I do, too.?

?And you?ve already told Leia,? Luke reminded her.

Mara felt as if her stomach was turning inside out. She wished it would stop. ?I know.?

Luke shrugged his shoulders. ?What else is there to decide??

Mara stopped and crossed her arms. ?She?s going to hate me,? she said. There. What she was dreading was out.

Her husband shook his head. ?She won?t hate you. She won?t like it, but she won?t hate you. She?ll understand it?s for the best sooner or later.? Someone knocked on their cabin door. Luke got up. ?Well, I think I?ll leave.?

Mara threw him a suspicious look. ?If she?s not going to hate me, why are you leaving??

Luke grinned. ?Because I don?t want to be in trouble with her. May the Force be with you, Mara. Bye.?

He walked out of the cabin and Jaina came in. ?You wanted to see me, Aunt Mara??

Mara looked at her niece and took a deep breath. It was now or never. ?Sit down. We need to talk.?

Jaina sat on an extra bunk. She suddenly looked alarmed. ?Why do I have the feeling this is going to be bad?? she asked.

Mara shook her head. ?It?s not bad. Jaina, I think you need a new master.?

Just as Mara thought, Jaina looked alarmed. ?What? Why? Why do I need a new master??

?Because there are things you need to learn that you can?t learn from me,? explained Mara.

?Well, who do I need to learn them from??

Mara hoped this would be better than she imagined it would be. ?Your mother.?

Mara had hoped wrong. Jaina exploded. ?My mother?? she shouted, standing up. ?Why do I need to learn from my mom??

?Because you need to, Jaina,? said Mara gently.

Jaina took some deep breaths. ?Mom and I have gotten along much better lately,? she argued, ?and besides, what can I possibly learn from her, anyway??

For some reason, that comment got to Mara. She stood up and crossed her arms. ?I really don?t have the answer to that seeing as neither I nor your mother nor your father nor your uncle ever knew our mothers!? As soon as she said it, she felt guilt. Jaina took a couple of steps back and lowered her head. She did not say anything.

Mara knew she should not have shouted at Jaina, but she had to realize her becoming a student of her mother?s would be better for both of them. ?Jaina, you are Leia?s only child now and??

?No,? said Jaina in a hollow voice, ?Jacen?s still alive. I would know if he was dead.?

Mara smiled slightly. ?I know you would, but, as of right now, you are the one closer to Leia. Lessons from her would not only help you, but her as well, all right??

A few seconds past, then Jaina nodded her head. Mara looked sadly at her former student and asked her to follow. They walked to Han and Leia?s quarters. Mara glanced inside the cabin and knew she was doing the right thing.

Leia looked happier t

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Nice post. I think Mara was making a good decision to have Jaina change masters.

I have fallen behind a bit, but I hope to read the other chapters I missed, over the holidays.

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    confrontation sounds nice can't wait :D

21. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    *looks around* Where is everyone? :(

Anyway, post sent to Qwi! After this chapter is the one where poor Tahiri and the gang get insulted by that idiot kid! :mad: And everyone will want to lynch me! :D :D [face_devil] [face_devil] :p

22. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Almost lynching time, people! :D Until then here?s seventeen! Back to Han and the gang! For the moment. Hints of the final battle are located in this chapter! Can you find them? ;)

Chapter Seventeen
    ?Undercover?

Han walked off the Falcon?s ramp and into the docking bay. He had his hand on his blaster, but the bay appeared to by deserted. Never can be too sure, he thought.

The only people around were those he knew. Mara was rummaging through her bag while Jaina talked to Zekk and Tahiri. Zekk, along with Kyp Durron, had offered to join the mission right before they left.

Could be worse, thought Han as he reflected on Durron, He and Fel could be on the ship. The group had split up into two groups; the Solo and Skywalkers on the Falcon and everyone else on Mirax?s Pulsar Skate. Han did not care if Fel was Wedge?s nephew or that he and Kyp were old friends; if they went within ten meters of his daughter, he would blast them!

Han turned toward the ramp just as his wife and brother-in-law came off it. Leia had said she and Luke had to get something before they disembarked the ship. He wondered what it was.

Luke took a quick look around the hanger. ?They?re not here yet?? he asked.

?Nope,? murmured Mara.

?What did you two need?? Han asked them.

Luke glanced away. Leia did not meet Han?s eyes either. ?It was nothing,? she said. She started to walk over to Mara, but Han noticed a familiar piece of string around her neck. He groaned.

?Leia, I thought we agreed that?thing would be kept away.?

Caught, Leia brought out the strange necklace both she and Luke were wearing. It did not look at all odd at first glance. The piece was a fine blue-clear crystal tied to a normal string, but the thing that held the string and the crystal together was the strange part: it was alive. The twins had gotten the pendents at their individual weddings, but no name was attached. Han, being a smuggler, did not like receiving unknown gifts and objected quite a bit when the Vong started to invade thinking they could be a trap. He had thought they had put the matter to rest.

Apparently, he was wrong.

?Han, this is?? started Leia, but could not find the words and looked toward her brother.

Luke flinched at facing Han?s glare. ?It?s a Force thing, Han,? he explained.

?Han, I know we decided to put them away in case they are a trick, but?? Leia gave Han a pleading look. He could tell she knew he would not understand.

Han shook his head. ?You had better hope,? he said finally, ?that it isn?t a Vong trick.?

Smiling slightly, Leia walked over and embraced her husband. ?Thank you,? she whispered.

Of all the woman in the galaxy, I had to go marry a Jedi, he thought humorously, but he would not have it any other way.

The two parted when they started to hear someone approach the hanger. Han replaced his hand over his blaster. Corran Horn stuck his head in, took a quick look around and walked into the docking bay, his hands also near his blaster and lightsaber. The rest of his group walked in behind him and it was when the door closed Han relaxed his grip on his weapon.

As the group got settled, a regal voice asked, ?Now that we are together, what is our next move??

The Solos and Skywalkers looked toward the new voice. ?Tenel Ka?? asked Luke. ?What are you doing here??

?I arrived at the Errant Venture to engage in some talks with Leia,? said the new Hapan Queen. ?When I found out about your mission, I asked to come along.?

?Dropped everything in order to come with us?? remarked Mara.

The lizard-skin clad warrior turned toward the tall red head. ?This is a fact.?

Mara glowed at the rest of them. ?Please tell me we are dividing into groups.?

?I had thought about that on the way here,? stated Wedge. ?Divide by families into groups of three??

?I like that,? agreed Luke. He glanced over at Mara. ?That ok??

The red head shrugged her shoulders. ?Fine.?

?What about th

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ladora is annoying me. I must be tired. I couldn't find any clues. :( Oh well. I hope you plan to write while in hiding.

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    ohhhhhhh this is going to being interesting

more soon

25. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok, I hate doing this, but I hate the other thing even more. So......

I don't know where everyone is, but I'm not going to post the next chapter until I get to page 11. I really don't like posting three chapters on the same page. :(

The good news is the chapter I'm writing is no where near done so that leaves lots of time for this to happen. :)

No one hurt me!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :_|

Edit: it won't take long. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.