main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dare Challenge Link Thread- Another winner announced! 11/4- Congrats Drabbo!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Title: My Queen!
    Author: Master_Noi
    Timeframe: between TPM and AotC
    Characters: Padmé, OC, Yoda, others
    Disclaimer: The usual disclaimers apply.

Summary: PadawanKayla cooked up quite a little challenge for me. It was my first time writing Padmé so thanks to Jedikma for looking this over for me.

Challenge:

Padmé Amidala is attending her first official function as the Senator from Naboo. It is a formal ?ball?. A handsome, rich, egotistical and totally obnoxious Senator from another planet (pick any one you want) has decided to make Padmé the object of his affections.

Requirements:
    - must be written in the first-person from Padmé?s POV
    - must have a description of Padmé?s gown
    - the obnoxious Senator can be a canon character or OC but cannot be Bail Organa
    - Bail Organa must appear
    - the obnoxious Senator must use at least one very cheezy pick-up line and must recite a sappy love poem containing the phrase ?blazing suns of Tatooine? to Padmé
    - Yoda is the only Jedi present at the function
    - Padmé must dance with Yoda

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't believe what a great job everyone has done with their challenges! =D=

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Finally finished with the one you gave me, Kim!

Absolution

Title: Absolution
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku, Sidious, Shmi, Anakin
    Author's Note: Written in response to an evil dare sent to me by VaderLVR64 Look I finished it!
    Special Thanks to HealerLeona for giving me the idea on how to pull this off, and for betaing [:D]
    Special Thanks Also to Alethia Who through many talks tickled my muse into writing and beta'ed also when it was finished :D Thanks again you two!

The Challenge: Dooku is sent to watch over the birth of the Chosen One. He must decide whether to leave Anakin on Tatooine or bring him back to his Master, Darth Sidious. Dooku must be purely evil, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Qui-Gon must be mentioned, at least in passing. He may be in the story or not, as you choose. The following words must be in your story: parturition, collaboration, emancipation, and kitling. grin

You can decide if Dooku will take Anakin or not, as this is completely AU. But?. You must give the identify of Anakin?s father, whether it is a Sith, a Jedi, or the Force itself.

4. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I finished!! Once I had my framework it all fell into place. And I had to read Shadows of the Empire first, too :).

Title: Know Thy Enemy
    Author: Wendynat
    Characters: Prince Xizor, Guri, OC
    Timeframe: OT
    Word Count: 2020
    Author's Note: This was written in response to what I considered to be a rather evil dare from Bale. This teaches me to run around the boards talking about how I'd never read any EU material and only paid attention to movie canon and movie novels! But I have to thank him, because now I'm no longer an EU virgin :).
    The Challenge: I dare you to write a story using Prince Xizor as one of the main characters. [face_smiley]

5. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    I finally wrote it. ::groans:: Oh this is SO not mine! But since it will be a fic, I hid two later-occuring requirements, and the third one I hid should be apparant by the time you finish reading this, if you know my work at all...

Title:Strange Companions
    Dare: 6 years pre TPM (assuming that Obi was 25 in TPM). A hybrid flower has been created in the Outer Rim for a deadly purpose that will destroy the Jedi. The pollen has been engineered to cause allergy attacks no matter the physical make up of the being and then it destroys midi-chlorians and in the case of the more powerful Jedi, kill them. It is brought to the Jedi Temple by Qui-Gon Jinn and his padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. It takes some time before the full purpose behind the flowers becomes known, but then people start to panic. The only Jedi who have not been in contact with the flowers would be the Master/Padawan team Mace Windu and Bruck Chun. Thus they are the ones sent to find an antidote and capture the person/persons who engineered the virus. Xanatos (who did not die?just pretend that that whole thing never happened) is a good/bad guy who is trying to find the flowers because he thinks it's underhanded and stupid and doesn't want the Jedi wiped out before he gets answers as to why he was betrayed, and is also hunting for the person/persons/antidote. He'll meet up with Bruck and Mace; Mace thinks that Xanatos wants the flowers for himself and Bruck gives him the benefit of a doubt. Eventually Bruck and Mace will be split up and Xanatos will go with one or the other.
    Requirements: -AU
    - Bruck POV or Sympathetic-to-Bruck POV
    - "I'm sorry" as a conversation ending and it must be heart-felt (ie, not flippant)
    - Bruck finds the antidote (Xanatos with him or not)
    - Mace finds the person/persons (Xanatos with him or not)
    - Qui-Gon will die or commit suicide
    - Obi-Wan can die, but it isn't essential (think of it as bonus points)
    - Garen is friends with Bruck in secret
    - Yoda must be one of the first infected (lives/dies/looses Force)
    - Ending MUST BE HAPPY!!!

Everyone got that? Good, because I don't... Haha, just kidding!

6. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Glad to see entries still being posted. All entries must be posted by Oct. 17th in order to be eligible!

7. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Title: There are No Children Here
    Author: Bale
    Genre: Vignette, Memoirs
    Characters: Darth Vader, Governor Tarkin
    Timeframe: ANH
    Synopsis: Alcohol can have a strong influence on the weak-minded?and strong-minded?

Notes: This is in response to the "I Dare You Challenge."

My dare from Wendynat: Write a piece that concerns Vader and a drunk Grand Moff Tarkin.

As always, thank you for reading!

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I've updated the list of completed, linked challenge fics on the first post of this thread. Please PM me if you have completed your dare and linked it on this thread, but do not see it only the "completed entries" list. Thanks!

9. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Title: Whispers In The Dark
    Author: Bobilll
    Genre: Viggy, AU
    Characters: Han, Leia, signif other
    Timeframe: OT

Challenge:

I dare you to write an OT fic. It starts out H/L, but then they break up and at least one of them has to marry someone else. The wedding must be featured, but the one who is not getting married is not allowed to attend. You must use the words bleach, turpentine, needles, tissue, bug spray, library, murder.

It cannot be overly angsty and you must go into detail about why Han and Leia could not get together and why this other person fit better. They must be completely in love with the person they are marrying and there can be no reconciliation with the other.

And they're not allowed to die either. Both of them have to live healthy lives.

(I'm half asleep so if I messed something up, er... whoops)

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Title: The Nightmare Wedding
    Author: NYCitygurl
    Challenger: Stormtrooper_TK421
    Timeframe: post-Dark Nest
    Challenge:
    hmm...you have to write a story about Jaina and Jag getting married with Wes Janson as the minister, Corran Horn doing special music, and Wedge Antilles as the server of the food...

Also, Zekk must paste a sign to Jag's back that says "I suck eggs!" and Kyp Durron must blow up the wedding cake with some super weapon...

http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/21818041/?0

11. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Title: Someone Save Me! Please?
    Summary: See dare below.
    Characters: Jacen Solo, Tracia Reed (OC), Tenel Ka, Danni Quee
    Genre: Humor
    Disclaimer:I own nothing. Don't think I do.

...write a fic where Tenel Ka and Danni Quee are Jacen's two ex-girlfriends. Jacen has a new girlfriend named Tracia Reed. They all end up locked in a building for 24 hours. They 3 women are rivals, so trouble is a definte for Jacen.
    -FelsGoddess
    Someone Save Me! Please?

12. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Title: Release
    Author: Jags_Scoundrel
    Timeframe: post-NJO
    Characters: Kyp Durron, Mara Jade Skywalker, Han and Leia Solo, Jaina Solo
    Genre: drama
    Keywords:
    Summary: Kyp must find a way to help Jaina when she needs him most
    Notes: Here was my dare, courtesy of thesporkbewithyou:

Write a story in which Jaina and Jag are either married, or seriously dating, but somehow Jag dies, and Jaina tries to deal with it. Kyp helps her along, but must confront his feelings for her. At some point in the story, Kyp must have a talk with Han and Leia about it, and come to some sort of truce with Mara. The phrase "one Fel swoop" (spelled exactly like that) must be used somehow in the fic.

13. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    From BrentusofGath:
    In 2,500 words or less, write a hurt/comfort vig about Mission on the Rakatan planet after Revan turns evil and tells Zaalbar to kill her. He only leaves her severely wounded and someone helps her.

Title: Pain of the Living
    Author(s): Neo-Paladin
    Timeframe: Post NJO
    Characters: Mission Vao, Carth
    Genre: challenge, probably AU, hurt/comfort
    Keywords: Dare Challenge KotOR
    Summary: What if one doesn't want to come back from the dead?

14. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Title: You don't own me: or, Why I don't like straw.
    Summary: See dare below.
    Timeframe: Hmm. Probably around ESB, and probably AU.
    Characters: Leia, Han, Wedge, some OCs.
    Genre: ? (otherwise known as Extreme Drama!)

The dare, courtesy of IrishEyedJedi:

--Leia has to ride bareback on a white horse.

--The only weapons that can be used are vibroswords.

--While hiding from the bad guys Leia and Han have sex in a barn.

--Neither Han or Leia can die and they must be a couple throughout the entire piece.

--They also must ride off into the sunset in a cliched movie way.

15. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Ha! I've done it!

Title: Think of Me
    Author: Alethia
    Timeframe: About 11 years post ROTS
    Characters: Anakin and Padmé
    Genre: Drama, Angst
    Summary: The fabled marriage has dissolved and the two players are brought together again to discuss their children's future...
    Notes: The Dare was issued to me by bobill:

I dare you to write a fic in which Anakin and Padmé are both of the Light Side, but are worst enemies. At least one nonverbal fight between the two required.

16. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Mine is done!

What She Saw

Neon Star's dare was:

Write a story without Qui-gon in it. He cannot even be mentioned, unless in a very negative sense. Xanatos must be mentioned. If you don't know who Xanatos is, you don't need to add him.

The story must have one OC, in a major role. Obi-wan must be present to whine about something to said OC, though, that does not have to be the point of the story.

This story must be either humorous or horribly angsty, your choice.

Hair, leashes, finger tips, and blood, must be mentioned.

It has now caused me to become extremely attached to my random OC.

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Bringing this up to give everyone a reminder about the upcoming deadlines! :D

18. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I wish I'd seen this before the deadline to sign up for dares was over ;)

What a neat idea, VaderLVR64, to push people to expand their writing :)

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I wish I could claim that the original concept was mine! :p I got the idea from the Obi-Wan discussion thread and just adapted it to encompass all three boards!

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay, here it is.

First, the dare.

I dare you?
    ...to write a fic in which Tenel Ka has to spend a day with the Wraiths and keep them entertained/busy and out of trouble. They are on Hapes, at the palace.

It must include the following:

1. a bomb of some sort
    2. a short black dress that glitters
    3. the GFFA version of karaoke
    4. a small animal
    5. a very important meeting or dignitary (or both!)
    6. a Don Quixote-like character
    7. Tenel Ka must get drunk at some point

And now, the link.

A Day with the Wraiths

I bet I'll get no readers for this...

21. gauss1

gauss1 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    *runs in panting* I made the deadline! October 17th, right? (smacks head after looking at the thread title) :oops:

Title: The Poisoned Chamber
    Author: gauss1
    Timeframe: Between ESB and RotJ
    Characters: Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine
    Genre: Drama/Angst
    Summary: Vader is placed in an impossible situation by the Emperor ? how will he react?
    Notes: This is in response to the ?I Dare You? challenge. My challenge is from lazykbys_left:

I dare you to write a story set between ESB and RotJ in which Vader must choose between capturing Luke alive and "neutralizing" a Rebel base. The Rebels in question have escaped Vader before and the Emperor will be very upset if he fails again.
    Word count: 2500 (whew!)

22. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Will there be another one of these challenges after this one is over? I missed it... :(

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_dancing] I finished before the deadline! *throws confetti* [face_dancing]

*clears throat and looks around sheepishly*

Right. I'll, uh, post my info now. :D

Title: Wishes
    Author: amidalachick
    Genre: Uh...angst?
    Timeline: Intertrilogy
    Summary: Bail and Leia talk and think and remember.
    Notes: I hate being serious!!! :_|

:p

OK, this was written for the Dare Challenge, which is why it's not my typical brand of insanity. Or maybe it is insane, but not humorously insane. 8-}

This is my dare, courtesy of Bri_Windstar:

The story is set Inter Trilogy and must center around the characters of Anakin, Padmé, Luke, and Leia. How you choose to use them, and it what capacity, is up to you; however, this must hold true strictly to canon. Anakin is now Darth Vader, Padmé has died, and Luke and Leia are in hiding with their adopted families. It can be set any time from post-RotS to pre-ANH (I?m thinking the main difference in this is the age of the twins, given their span is from newborns to 19 years old, but you never know). Other characters can be used at whim, if you like, and it can be told from anyone?s POV. The story itself, however, MUST be about those four characters, and, while it doesn?t have to be angsty, it must be at least slightly serious in nature.

Someone at some point must be looking up at the stars, in contemplation, and make a wish as they see a shooting star.

Someone is pricked by the thorn of a flower while outside in a garden.

A mirror is broken.

Someone slumps their shoulders in resignation.

Someone else cries in frustration.

24. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Phew! One more thing off my plate.

Title: The Force-Eaters
    Author: DarthMousche
    Era:: Post-RotS AU - no purge
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Jedi Council members
    Summary: Master Yoda?s Council retreat doesn?t go exactly as planned.
    Notes: This is for the Dare challenge. I?m a bit over the word limit, but I?m putting it up anyway!

The ever-so-evil Souderwan deduced my preference for a certain pairing (wonder how he did that?) and dared me to write an AU vignette with the following conditions:
    1. Obi-Wan and Siri are both on the Council.
    2. Siri and Ki-Adi-Mundi are an item.
    3. They must share a kiss in front of Obi-Wan.
    4. Ki must say to Obi-Wan something like, ?I?ve got five wives. What do you expect? When you?ve got it, you?ve got it.?
    5. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Yoda must dance a jig - together.

25. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Here's my dare response.

Title: A Study of Transitions
    Author: aldocassidy
    Characters: Padme, Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Summary: See above dare. To say anymore would be giving it away. It?s gonna be kind of confusing at first, but everything will come together in the end.

The Dare from PadmeLeiaJaina:
    My dare to you is to write an Obidala fic. Something where Padme realizes that Obi-Wan shares the same ideals and dreams for the Republic that she does. She must realize that Anakin's political views cloud their love and she wonders if their political differences could drive them apart. The vignette must contain a startling moment where Padme realizes that she's not only attracted to Obi-Wan's ideals, but sees him as a MAN.

What's more, you must also have Obi-Wan realize that Senator Amidala is disturbingly attractive and that he goes into some sort of a torturous internal monologue thinking about how different his life could be if he could be allowed to love and marry.

The setting, and how they come to these realizations is up to you. Anakin can be there or not, that's up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.