main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dare Challenge Link Thread- Another winner announced! 11/4- Congrats Drabbo!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I made the deadline! Amazing for me. ;)

Title: Proof of Heart
    Timeframe: About a year before Obi-Wan arrives on Melida/Daan
    Characters: Mainly Roenni along with Cerasi and an OC ? Roenni?s father, Janos
    Genre: Angst in its purest sense!
    Summary: Roenni was raised from infancy to hate the Melida, but when they attack the Daan and her world is shattered, she must face the painful realization that what she has always accepted may not be the right path.

Sara_Kenobi?s dare:

In the spirit of the last Star Wars film write a Revenge challenge. Choose a Before character of your choice and write them getting Revenge on someone, or something. The response can be as long as you choose it to be. Enjoy!

It seems like such a simple challenge, but it was hard choosing a character to write about! I could have gone with the traditional Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon story, but I wanted to branch out. I?ve always wished Roenni?s character had been developed more in the JA books, so I decided to do it myself?

I know I exceeded the 2,500 word limit by about...2,500 words [face_blush] , but I?m hoping the judges show a little mercy. This story just had to be told! :D

The other two parts will be posted in the next few days.

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Title: Mist and Fog
    Timeframe: ESB
    Characters: Leia, Palpatine, Chewbacca
    Genre: Angst
    Summary: See the dare.

pink saber girl's dare:

It has to be a Leia/Palpatine romance, with Chewbacca becoming the next Darth Lord of the Sith. Oh and Vader lives! No humor allowed!

3. TheNut

TheNut Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Well, I thought that I wouldn't make it in time...but here we are

Title: Phazra's First Kiss- http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21940494
    Author: The Nut
    Charachters: Anakin, Padme, OC
    Summary: Em, See next line...
    Note: In response to The I Dare You Challenge. My dare, given to me by CherryLightsaber, is as follows:

Anakin and an OC share a few? intimate moments! Also?
    - Anakin and the OC must kiss.
    - The OC must have two Z's in her name.
    - When Anakin and the OC kiss, the OC must utter a random phrase from a non-SW source. This phrase must have no more than five words in it.
    - Anakin must say one of MOMO's worst lines from "Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose". This line must be addressed to the OC, and she must reply to it.
    - Padme must appear and gasp.
    - And yet, the readers have to be moved with sadness, but not for Padme!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Monday is the deadline, midnight board time! And yes, I'm still working on mine. [face_blush]

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    <is a shivering mass of nerves> have done my challenge. Here's the link, and all the details.

Title: Out of Bounds
    Author: Princess_Arulmozhi
    Genre: Silliness. Absolute silliness. Mush. Fluff. Angst.
    Characters: Mace Windu, Yoda, an OC
    Timeframe: JA
    Summary: Mace Windu and Yoda spend some quality time together.
    Notes: Written for the 'I Dare You' challenge. I'm not sure how much I've actually succeeded with it, since I've never written any fic that had Windu and Yoda so extensively. Darn it, I've never really written them! My challenger certainly knew what to make me write. Gods, I was in fits over it. Mulled over it for days. And you see the results.
    No. of Words: 2323.

The challenge (by Aiden-Sanic):
    I DARE U 2 write a viggie in which Master Yoda and Master Windu go off on a picnic.
    They will have a Jolley good time.
    At one point both will cry and do something mushy. ( You know what I mean )
    And at one point Windu has to choke on something and Yoda has to save him. ( Like CPR )
    And since this is Before the Saga, before Anakin and all that bad stuff, there's no reason for these characters to be sad or deep in thought. Make Yoda and Windu really happy. As happy as two girls who have been nest friends for life. ^_^

6. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    This dare kicked my butt for some reason or another...

Title/Link: A Feeble Attempt
    Author: oqidaun
    Genre: Craptastic "I Dare You Challenge" Entry
    Timeframe: Shortly before ANH
    Characters: Leia, Tarkin, Elan Sleazebaggano, OCs

Here's the Challenge DrabboFett presented me with:

Write a wacky romantic comedy about a love triangle (set just a bit pre-ANH) involving Leia torn between Tarkin and another (non-human, of course) senator.

1. Keep the comedy coming and keep it light.
    2. Obviously, Leia can't end up with Tarkin, since they hate each other in ANH, and neither can die, but beyond that, the ending's up to you and board standards.
    3. You must include at least four scenes or sequences that are overt comic parodies of other films or TV series. At least two of these must parody something other than SF/fantasy or horror.
    4. Someone should have a funny sidekick who's either a Lepi (that big green rabbit species) or a ducklike alien.
    5. And, just to throw in a bit of random listiness, which I know you like, include the words "squeezy," "defenestrate," and "restaurateur."
    6. There is no rule six. How cruel do you think I am?

And just to think, all I asked him for was a little heavy hitting Gungan angst...

7. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Title:The Hinges of Destiny
    Author: Anakins_Force
    Timeline: Saga/ROTJ
    Characters: Han, Lando, Ewoks
    Summary: While the Rebel Alliance celebrates on Endor, Han Solo is faced with a choice.

The Dare from JediNemesis:

I dare you to write a story that features no characters who have appeared in the PT, is not set in the PT, is not dark in any way, and contains at least three and a half Ewoks.

Thanks JediNemesis--this was truly a challenge for me, as I always write PT characters! But I've had a lot of fun!

8. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Ah-ha! I finally finished my Dare, even with DWB.

Title: Tales From the Blue Moon Cantina
    Author: thesporkbewithyou
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Kyp, Zekk
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: Dare Challenge, Seinfeld
    Summary: part of a scene of a film from people's lives
    Word count: 2,371

The Dare: Write a scene like an episode of Seinfeld with Jag as Jerry, Jaina as Elaine, Jacen as George, Kyp as Kramer, and Zekk as Newman. Topics of discussion must include (but certainly are not limited to) the Vong, Vader's fashion sense, and Jaina's love life.

9. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    Title: Four Girls, A Guy, And a Gizka
    Author: kotorchick
    Timeframe: PT
    Characters: Anakin, OC
    Genre: Uh... Angst, very slight Humor
    Keywords: Dare Challenge, AU
    Summary: Anakin never met Qui-Gon. His life.
    Word count: 2701

So this challenge was a pain because I can't write Anakin. And I had to inclued humor. MAJOR props to pink_saber_girl for being a wonderful beta. I adore you!

10. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, I've replied to most of the ones that I am likely to "get" and I have to say you guys all had really *hard* challenges. And everyone that I had a chance to get to today was very impressive.

I'm still not sure if I'm glad or sad that I was too swamped with real life to even know this was happening. It looks like it was a lot of fun. If ya'll decide to do it again I think I'd like to try it. Though some of those challenges would have knocked me for a loop for sure.

Bravo to everyone who entered!

KD

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awesome! It's drawing to a close!

12. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
  13. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I was sure I wasn't going to make the deadline but here I am and here's my fic.

Title: Cold Feet
    Author: princess_melissa
    Timeframe: Post Thrawn trilogy, AU
    Characters: Luke, Mara
    Notes: In response to the I Dare You Challenge, the dare was to write a L/M where the line ?is that supposed to be green?? appears. Courtesy of Mirax_Corran.

Many thanks to my and beta for getting this back in record time to get it back to me to make the deadline [:D]

14. Wyn-Fel

Wyn-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Title:
    Fate
    Author: Wyn-Fel
    Timeframe: After AotC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri
    Notes: In response to the I Dare You Challenge,

My dare was to write a Siriwan vignett should be on a battlefield and include light angst, but mainly mush. You have to falsely kill off Siri once in order to foil the people who may be reading. It must include Obi-Wan remembering a discussion with Qui-Gon as well, which should be a flashback and cannot use the words 'love,' 'adore,' or 'die.'

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: When Last I Knew You
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Ben Skywalker, Luke, Mara, Karrde
    Summary: See below
    Notes: Written for the MOD Dare Challenge. There was no way to get this done in one post, so it will be a 3 or 4-part story. And I did not quite meet the requirements of the dare, having Ben end up wtih Karrde simply because of fate.
    The Dare: Okay to set the scene, little Ben Skywalker is 18 ? Mara was killed by the Dark Nest and Luke has effectively become a hermit back on Tatooine. Ben, somehow accidentally (or willingly) triggers a time-space disruption (Yes, I know, it?s the old time-travel thing)

He finds himself stuck 4 or so years after the Emperor?s death, just before the events of The Thrawn Trilogy. Instead of lying low, Ben seeks out his mother and joins Karrde?s smuggling organization. He is shocked by how cold and unfeeling Mara seems to be, and decides not to tell her about their connection.

Ben then senses Luke?s X-wing dead in space ? and the events of Heir to the Empire unfold as they did before ? only with Ben in the mix.

How will Ben react to seeing his now-youthful parents in a completely different light? You can pretty much do whatever you like after this. But if it?s not too difficult, I would like some L/M mush in any way or form you can come up with.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Bringing this up to remind everyone of the MIDNIGHT deadline - TONIGHT! :D

17. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Title: The Union of Opposites
    Author: Exeter
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Summary: Plagued by timidness and allergies, a young Zabrak finds himself suddenly plunged down an extraordinary path during an annual festival that will eventually transform him into a Dark Lord of the Sith.
    Notes: This is in response to the "I Dare You" mod-sponsored challenge.

This is based on my excellent challenge from tangled_sphere:

Palpatine has found the perfect apprentice in Darth Maul---or has he? A viggie about Palpatine discovering Maul, far from his powerful and promising exterior, has a problem with germs, and has a favorite binky that he carries with him everywhere.

I didn't exactly hit the word limit, but I've never been that good at meeting the low-end ones. I write and watch where it takes me.

18. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *crawls in, battered and bruised*

It's here. Barely, but it's here. [face_hypnotized]

Title: Unlikely Heroes
    Timeframe: Clone Wars/pre-RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: um... friendship? :p
    Summary: See the dare.

Yay, I finished. [face_dancing]

EDIT: Forgot to say the dare. :p

From amidalachick:

I dare you to write an Obikin fic (you know, a happy Obi & Ani fic where they're actually friends). It has to be set during the Clone Wars or RotS. You can use any other characters you want. There's just a couple of conditions...

-Someone must use at least one of the following words: "anticipation", "gobbledygook", or "recreant".

-A battle droid must randomly walk into a scene.

19. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    And mine is even later than yours Bri. And I am really hoping we are going by board time here.

Title: Lost
    Author: Kateydidnt
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Tahl, Obi-Wan, Depa Billaba
    Genre: Response to the Dare Challenge

Challenge from Dianethx: Write an evil Qui-Gon romance. He can kill the woman, if you want but it has to be a romance. Oh, and have as little dialogue as possible - no more than 5 lines.

Note: This turned out completely different than I originally planned. And the romance?turned out um, one-sided.
    It also turned out really disturbing. (To me anyway.) It is also in a completely different style than most of my writing--kind of glimpses that let you imagine the rest. About 1,200 words.

Edit: Should I be worried that this post is number 666 for me..... [face_worried]

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, sure, play innocent, Kate. We know you enjoyed that kind of vig as much as Mara in a pink hat!

21. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    ...which I have finally started writing!

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    YAY! Don't forget to make the actual hat!

23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Last minute Lola chiming in with her entry.

Let me just say, this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I just want to thank jedi_of_ennth for this challenge.

You can find it here Sweet Nuthins

Title: Sweet Nuthins
    Author: Lola64
    Characters: Leia & Isolder
    Timeframe: Post ROTJ (AU)
    Summary: Leia and Isolder get engaged. A look at the newly engaged couple during and after the banquet in their honor
    Notes: This is my response to the I Dare You challenge given to me by Jedi of Ennth.

I Dare You to write a Leia/Isolder songfic. By Leia/Isolder, I mean a romantic relationship between the two.

The fic must be upbeat and feature L/I mush, and someone must be wearing a pink headband.

The fic must include the words avuncular, bromidic, and captious.

Han cannot be mentioned by name, and Lando must make an appearance with Mara.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Please make sure your entry is listed. Also, if you did any "extra" dares, they are not listed here (or shouldn't be :p) since they are not eligible.

PM me if your entry is not listed here! This will be the final list used by the judges to make sure we have read all the entries!

And good luck!

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just a bumpy bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.