main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dare To Be Oblivious. L/M Ghent/OC Romantic Comedy. Lost Epilogue Found!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SpiritofEowyn, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    [face_laugh] I don't know who's worse, Luke or Ghent... sweet Force, the gals have their job cut out for them
    Can you PM me too, please?[face_praying]

2. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    PM Train
    Healer_Leona
    Jaina_clan_Solo
    MirandaFair
    Jackyy17
    Feng_Huang

:::Deep Breath::

Replies.

[face_hypnotized] So many replies.:D Thank you everyone![:D]Rain, Hale or Snow, Update of some sort by Friday. :D

Healer_Leona: Yes, You should feel sorry for Ghent. Esp, in the next post. [face_whistling] >:D Ghent is like a breath of fresh air.
    I think at first Luke just can't fanthom(like most everybody else) the idea of Mara flirting, esp. like that. He'll clue in eventually. Prob. before she does. He's just scared of being wrong and having her emasculate him, which is her speciality.

Thank you![face_blush]

Killik_Twilight:
    Ghent has a girl trying to get closer to him,nothing to pity there. :p That is good. I'm drawing my characterization of Ghent off of several guys I know. We, womankind, thank you for not being oblivious.

Yeah Poor Mara. If she tried to hold his hand he'd probably ask if she was ok. (out of fear)

RebelMom: Eventually. If he gets the chance to. If he doesn't faint first. She's fighting her emotions. She's scared of being rejected and is deep in da nile. (I love writing those parts btw) She does want Lukie.

Kidan: Thank you!

TheCrazyRodian: He's my favorite too. Mmmm Geeks.[face_love]

Jaina_Clan_Solo: Maybe. I'm not saying who's winning yet.[face_whistling] Would Mara rather win the bet, or win Luke?

Sure! You're on the PM Train next stop, Friday.

MirandaFair:
    Yes, it is dangerous, but too much fun. Esp. in the L/M. I'm glad I'm spreading the Ghent love. Thank you! I'm glad you think so.:D
    Yes, I love Ghent. Reader Heaven? Really? :eek: Are their Oreos there? Scantily clad Lukes?[face_money_eyes] Yes I'd LOVE to add you to the list.

Asked to be Pmed=fanfic writer heaven.

Jackyyy17: Sure, no problem. Thanks. I hope I meet your expectations.

JadeLotus: Ghent, Luke, and Mara in her own way are all oblivious to something, Kasrit too but thats only in common sense, and knowing when not to push Mara. You aren't an assasin and sharp as she is without looking predatory. :p

RedGold:Yay! I'm glad you approve. Mara's fooling herself at least. :p Ghent is pretty close.

Rose_Skywalker:
    Thank you Master Rose! I will, or will try not to disapoint you. "I do try, master."

AvenKiel: [face_mischief] I just can't say what tactics she'll use next. I'm glad it came across that way. :D thanks.

Feng_Huang: Both are bad.
    They really do. Luke really was making it hard for me to get him and Mara to have a normal people conversation. Poor Girls. Both girls had to use similar 'teach me' tactics.

Thank you, See you Friday!!

:D

3. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005

Ignore me. I was a double post.

Opps.

4. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005

Extra long post!!

Round 3 Cheaters Always Prosper.

Important Author Notes:: This is set during the Jedi Academy series. It?s important to the plot. However I forgot that Callista doesn?t come around until the year after that trilogy. So while Luke is single, Mara?s comments ?dead jedi? about Callista won?t make sense, except I?ve found a very good excuse/explanation. This is AU, or will be if we cut Callista out of Lukie?s romantic future. You know make him not so single by the time she comes in? I hope no one minds? =P

I would like to say that the events that took place in the Heart of Gold are not my fault either. Mara is going to say they are, but they aren't. I blame fate for the dare. I blame Mara's pride for it escalating. I blame the waiters, and Mara for the trip to the med center.

No, I didn?t think she?d of told you about that.

It began while I was minding my own business, trying to learn the finer arts of slicing, and to get the guy I've liked for a while to actually notice me.

Kasrit was drinking the Jubelberry concoction that the Ithorians had suggested while
    Ghent was blathering on in his sweet monotone about numbers and systems.
    "They make these computers that are so tiny that there could literally be millions in, in, your drink." He said animatedly pointing at it. She spat her drink back through the straw.

He blushed, "Not that there is, but the technology is there."

She had no idea how he had gotten on this subject from slicing. She was just glad she?d gotton him to talk.

"Why would anyone want computers in their drink?" SHE said pushing it away.

"Well, they could regulate temperature, and chemical makeup." Ghent said reaching. She smiled because it was clear that, yes, he was trying to impress her. A good sign.

"No offense, but I?d rather have a luke-warm drink than have a bunch of computer-bugs running havoc in my body, I mean what if they decided that I was too warm?"

Ghent paused. "I hadn?t thought of that." It was the perfect moment for him to say 'I'd warm you up' but he didn't. "I guess they could be made to pass through-"

Kasrit put her hand to his mouth to stop him. She was a geek, but there was no way she?d ever let him pretend that he'd woo-ed her with talk of feces.

Ghent blinked

Kasrit plastered a smile on and patted his hand. "Don't go there."

Ghent finally blushed. "Sorry, I'm not too good at this talking thing."

Elsewhere the bitter Redhaired Sith was about to cheat. Yes Cheat. It is most frustrating that she thought of it first.

Luke continued to look disbelieving. He seemed to be trying to read her true intentions. What was the catch? What was she really after? Was this a Prank? Was he on HoloPranksters?

"Look, we've known each other for a while, and I was thinking about how I never seen to ask about your life. Friends do that." Interrogators did it too, and without the niceties.

"Okay." He was smart enough not to say. 'I didn?t know you cared'. "Well, Um?I'm teaching at the Jedi Academy, which you should visit-"

Always with the pressure to be a Jedi. Was that the only reason he talked to her when the New Republic wasn?t in trouble? She needed to swift the topic to relationships somehow.

"Are you still seeing that dead girl?" Mara kept her voice very casual. Maybe she could default on this if he was still seeing that girl Kasrit had told her about. She?d been incredulous until she'd received a holo-message from Luke himself about it last year.

"Dead girl?" Luke blurted out. No longer relaxed. He kept glancing back at his pilot friends.

Mara hoped she didn?t need to be more specific. Exactly how many Ghostly turned bodily girlfriends had he had?

"Did Aves or Wedge put-" It was clear Luke was alarmed and uncertain.

The food came allowing Mara more time to plot as he began to eat. She wondered if he ate so much because he was hungry or because he too didn't know what to say.

Every so often he would glance at her, think better of it, swallow and glance ba

5. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Poor Ghent? if he ever finds out what Mara did to him?

A week? This should be interesting. If only Mara knew more about relationships? for that matter, if only I knew more about relationships?

KT

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh, so Kasrit is finally getting somewhere with Ghent. Goood... goood. ;)

Elsewhere the bitter Redhaired Sith was about to cheat. ROFLOL!

HA!!! Loved that her cheating backfired on Mara. That's what she gets. OMG, I can't believe it seems she nearly killed poor Ghent. WOnderfully fun and long post! Thanks Eowyn. :D :D

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Fish are deadly.... very very very deadly....

Just look at the eyes man!!

It's the eyes!!!

Oh yah, poor ghent and great post! :p

8. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Why did he have to be so, helpfully miraculous all the time? He made it so hard to be oblivious to the nagging emotions that she could not give name to.

this is the perfect description of Luke and Mara's relationship [face_laugh]

great update Eowyn I loved this... the perfect thing to read first in the morning :D

Ghent attempting to impress Kasrit was hilarious too!

thank you for the PM... I'm looking forward to the next one... and as to that AU where the 'dead girl' loses her chances with Luke, I'm all for it!

I hope that Ghent gets better quickly!

jcs

EDIT: stupid smilies.....

9. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Oh, wow. That was an emotional rollercoaster. First I was laughing so hard, especially with Kasrit and Ghent, then I was angry at Mara for trying to kill Ghent, now I?m excited that Mara might have feelings for Luke, and if Luke and Mara get together, then I can be happy. :D

Next Week is Chapter 4 Get out of my Head! Get out of my Heart.

Yep, something good is going to happen. I can?t wait for the next post.

Thanks for the pm.

jacky

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Cute and definately adorable.

Its always funny when Mara is suckered into a challenge and does everything to win!

My only comment would be not to break the flow of your story with parenthetical author comments. I pulls us out of your work and ruins any tension/narrative you're trying to build. :)

Otherwise good job, can't wait for more

11. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Poor, poor Ghent. :( *sends the slicer a bundle of "get well" balloons* Chapter Fours title is leaving me wanting more!

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice story so far. I loved the part where Mara is trying to flirt but it doesn't come off well. Like when Luke asked her if she had something in her eye. [face_laugh]

Great job!

AG88

13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Don't worry, I don't think many people will have a problem with either the absence of a certain bodysnatcher or a timeline where she gets figuratively shafted ;)

And great chapter! Shame on Mara, giving Ghent food she know's he is allergic too.

The moment when she wished she was as sweet as Luke thought she was is very telling, and touching. I think there's more to her efforts than simply winning a dare, even if she isn't aware of it...

14. Feng_Huang

Apr 17, 2005
    "Yeah. Some guys are pretty oblivious.
    [face_laugh] Know that from personal experience, do you? o_O

Yes! She was maneuverings to harm Ghent to win, and it was helping her with her own dare! He actually thought she was just being sweet. She suddenly wished, insanely, that she was as sweet as Luke?s clear blue eyes imagined her to be.

[face_shame_on_you] Bad, bad Mara.

Ghent turned bright red and gasped.

She knew he was going to be surprised, but it seemed like an extreme reaction.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] that was good

"You've gotta help me! Ghent is, something's wrong with him, and I'm not strong enough to even lift him! Oh please help me Jedi Sir!"

She looked so much more innocent than she was. Wide eyes, pouting lips and 'please help me' cuteness turned on it's highest setting. Mara scowled.

"Ghent?" Luke was familiar with the slicer. He turned on the hero mode.

That little touch was perfect. Update soon, we're all in need of a few laughs.

15. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Replies

Thank you for all the replies! Chapter 4 is finished and will be posted Friday. It's kinda long, and has some plot furthering serious parts.

Killik_Twilight:
    Yeah.. not that he'd be stupid enough to attack Mara. If only Mara knew more about relationshipsâ?¦ for that matter, if only I knew more about relationshipsâ?¦
    You and me both. I feel for Mara and the other oblivious people.

Healer_Leona: Ever so much closer to Ghent. How will Mara make up for lost time?[face_mischief] Don't worry, can't have Ghent die. You're welcome. :D

Redgold:
    Fishfood is bad. Yeppers. Thanks :D

Jaina_Clan_Solo: I think so too. Thanks :D Yay! Another Vote in rid the GFFA of Callista moves. Morning=bad. :p

Jackyy17: Luke and Mara huh?[face_thinking]:p ::hums rollercoaster of Love::
    Now I feel pressured to be better. I hope the chapter title fits enough.

Jade51999: Sorry. >_<. I won't put my comments in the story again. It's just soo tempting. Evil authornote dark side. I'm glad you like it otherwise.

MirandaFair:
    Yep, Poor Ghent. ::gets rid of the ballons:: Don't you know he's allergic to latex too?!:p I'm glad the next chapter's title is effective.

Academygrad88: Thanks :D

Jade_Lotus: I'm glad you don't mind. :p I figured no one reading this would care about Callista. It's too bad Mara isn't in touch with her feelings at this point.

Feng_Huang: YES! I'm glad you caught the irony of Luke's words! :D But Mara wants to win reeeeaaaally badly, and she's kinda stressed and has been drinking a little. Thank you! I'll update Friday. Everybody needs to laugh. It's good for your health. Which little touch?

16. Feng_Huang

Apr 17, 2005
    Kasrit playing damsel in distress and Luke switching on the hero mode,

17. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Oooh. Thanks. What's a fic with Luke if he doesn't go all noble and Hero-y? :D

<--- Oblivious. :p

18. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Bump. Can't wait for the update.

19. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Chapter 4 Get out of my Head! Get out of my Heart.
    Not snow, storm or almost late to work and friday night plans will keep me from posting. Epp! When I get back I'll PM everybody and fix the junk the board will add in. Promise! Also thought you'd like to know that there is now Kasrit and Ghent fanart. :p Gotta get it scanned and colored though.

Later!

::runs off to work::

(Back, fixed the junk added to the post. PM time :D)

The Next Morning dawned brightly, too brightly for some but full of lingering questions.

"-- doing while I was gone?" Luke asked tapping his false thumb on the table.

Wedge rubbed his face on his side of the comm. "They," Yawn. "looked like they were arguing."

Hmm. He'd noticed a certain tension, and had asked his friend to keep an eye on them as he'd taken Ghent to the medics.

" About what?"

"Look, Luke, I was drunk and this was Mara, wasn't really willing to get that close, okay? Girls argue all the time." Wedge rubbed his forehead trying to force the tiny TIE fighters out.

What was she up to? It wasn't like her to be uncertain of herself. He tried to squash the hopes and fears that had resurfaced from the speeder-wreak that had been last night.

"And you're sure none of you bribed or...bet Mara to act like that?"

"She really thought you were seeing a dead girl?" Luke heard a laugh followed soon after by a groan. "The reporters would have a field day with that. Jedi Master: secretly necrophilliac."

She should know better.

"I don't know where she'd get that idea." Luke frowned. "Maybe that's why she never stays at the academy."

"Well admit it, your love life- is filled with unusual women. The Dathomirian witch-"

"We decided that we were never going to bring that up Wedge." Luke said tightly.

"Well what do you think she's up to?" Wedge asked changing the subject.

"I don't know." Luke frowned. Was she playing a game with him? Trying to figure out his weakness towards her, and exploit it? She'd made it clear four years ago that she didn't want to spend time with him. That after completing the last command of the emperor that she no longer had any interest in him.
    It was her choice.
    It wasn't supposed to hurt still.

The Medcenter room beeped consistantly, while Ghent slowly became less red in his unconscious state. The nurse was gone.

Aves gave Kasrit an appraising look.

"What were you and Mara scheming tonight?" Aves asked arms crossed, like a disapproving father.

"Girl talk." Kasrit shrugged quickly. When he continued to stare at her she glared back. "Look, neither of us work directly with you anymore so you can't go prying into our lives."

"Did you poison Ghent?" Aves asked bluntly.

"What!" Kasrit squeaked. She lowered her voice to keep the nurses outside the room from hearing. " I don't poison my friends, anymore."

Aves gave a relieved sigh. "You still deal with my organization. Look, I'm trying to keep you out of trouble. Mara attracts trouble."

"I can handle myself now." Kasrit's back straightened defensively. "I'm a smuggler now, I've learned to keep secrets, unless of course I'm not supposed to-" She gave him a significant glance.

If she wasn't keeping secrets, she wasn't going to be keeping his anymore. Aves was curious, and concerned, just not that curious.

He shook his head.

"I'm glad you're still looking out for us Aves. I knew I could trust you back when I joined Talon. But it's not a simple matter of trust. And well, don't worry too much." Kasrit patted Ghent's less red hand, and her left check twitched. "Ghent and I can handle Mara." Her smile became secretive, as if she was sharing some inside joke with the unconscious slicer.

The girl had many of her own secrets, but then he didn't know a smuggler who didn't have a few dead rancors in their 'freshers.

Aves frowned. It didn't make sense. Not many people had access to personal medical file, but Mara knew you stuck by those you worked with.

"Mara, she didn't-" Aves pointed at Ghent.

Kasrit didn't say yes, but her sudd

20. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    :D No problem, Spirit. :)

Anyways, poor Ghent? hopefully he'll be okay.

Aves suspects something! I wonder if he'll confront Mara soon?

As for Mara, has she found a way to get closer to Luke? Hmm?

Great post. :D

KT

21. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Happy St. Patricks Day!

Thanks for always stealing first post Killik!

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Girls argue all the time. [face_laugh]

Awwww, poor Luke. He seems to be missing Mara's attention, evben if it was first tpo kill him. Mara's grumbling in the same way. How cute! :D

23. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    wonderful update Eowyn !

Poor Luke, if Mara would just open up to him, he would give her his whole heart.

Of course, that is what she is afraid of... isn't it.

I feel awful for Ghent... getting caught in Mara and Kasrit's game like that.

And I think that Mara just got a helpful push... with this new mission

jcs

24. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Nice deep psychological turn you took there with Mara.

Let's hope that Mara's zeal for winning the bet doesn't cost Mon Mothma, if that is the target.

25. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    This keeps getting better and better. I like the tension between luke and mara, and Ghent's lack of... People skills. The humor is great. Just my type. Keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.