main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dare To Be Oblivious. L/M Ghent/OC Romantic Comedy. Lost Epilogue Found!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SpiritofEowyn, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Mara babysitting? that's a riot.

And that nurse... I suppose I wouldn't believe it was Luke either.

2. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Poor Mara!! I pity her having to take on those three troublemakers....

(I've already read Mara's secret fear-- it was quite fun :D )

The nurse's reaction to Luke on the comm unit was pretty funny!

can't wait to see the next part!

jcs

3. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Loved the nurse! Too too funny! [face_laugh] Poor Luke...and poor Mara!! Babysitting. :eek: That's a very cruel situation to put the former Emperor's Hand in. That's her Achilles Heal. ;)

4. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hehe, glad you like my sig. :D

This post was great. Luke's a necrophiiac? :eek:

Heheh, poor Kasrit. And then the other lady not believing that Luke was Luke. And then Mara! She has to babysit the Solo kids! *snicker*

Great post. :)

KT

5. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    That was funny. I especially like the part about Kasrit in the med center. [face_laugh]

Poor Mara, having to babysit the Solo children. :D

Good update.

jacky

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay! An update! [:D]

Very clever how you reconciled the whole "dating a dead girl" thing.

I see Ghent is pondering great thoughts while stuck in the hospital. I love his definition of co-workers: people who bring him things to slice and feed him. LOL!

7. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Update Status: Should be Friday, I'm finishing it up still. It's going to be called 'Close Calls'. Yep. I like puns. Callista is amusingly solved and there are some close calls with Luke and Mara!

Thank you everyone for reading! [:D] Next post will start getting with the sweet stuff ---->:*

::starts singing 'you're my favorite mistake' by Sheryl Crow ::

Replies:

RebelMom: Leia gets what Leia wants. :p

Baby_blonde: Thanks. Yep, Poor Mara. Yay! Self-promotion works!:p

Healer_Leona:Yes, very naive and cute.[face_blush] Very desparate Leia wants time with her husband! Or maybe it's all part of her master plan?[face_whistling]

JadeLotus: Not yet, anyway. It's too bad for him that torturing Luke is so much fun.[face_devil] Yeah, enough people expect him to be Jedi Master, galaxy saving action figure, not man who wants to be loved[face_love] and have a life.

RedGold: Yep. Yeah, I know if someone claimed they were Ewan Mcgregor or Matthew Perry x100 on someone's phone, I wouldn't believe them. :p

Jaina_clan_Solo: Grandchildren of Darth Vader and children of Han the schoundrel? Pity her. yay. Thanks :D Just two more days of Jedi-like patience. :p

MirandaFair: Leia's Alderaanian punishment for threatening her brother.[face_mischief] It's the perfect way to nuke her emotional defenses. Nod Nod.

Killik_Twilight: Gandalf is wise. Luke's not, but you know the tabloids would say it with any excuse. Just wait until he finds out what they're saying! Thanks :D

Jackyyy17:

Thanks, I tried to think of worse case senario of explaining the Mon Mothma thing and out it came. Yep, devious sithspawn! :p They know just how to break her!

Blue_Milkshake: yay! A response![:D] Hello New Reader! Oh, I'm not done with the dead girl thing.[face_devil] [face_skull]

Poor 'net deprieved holonet junkie! Yep, he's pretty single minded about his job. 'What? there are other people?'

8. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Wow! *cackles, then takes a deep breath*

Okay, so it's not my kind of rl thing, but I think it's great! I think your handle on who Luke and Ghent are is sound. Good work!

BTW, a coupel little things. There's only one year between TLC and the Jedi Academy books. And Corusaunt is actually Coruscant...
    But if it's AU, then heck with all that stuff. In a way, it adds a certain twist to it. :p

I like chapter 4. I like the whole thing!

I'm broadening my reading styles... Can't wait for the next post! I think this is the first fic I've found that actually in progress now--not locked for inactivity, not left hanging in the middle of space, wondering what will happen, and not complete, but no one's talking about it anymore.

Keep writing! *grin*

PM me, when you update, if you dont' mind.
    *hugs all*

9. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I won't quote any line, because i would stick the whole chapter here, just know that you gave some nice aches in my abs and my jaw. Keep it up! [:D]

10. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    PM Train
    Healer_Leona
    Jaina_clan_Solo
    MirandaFair
    Jackyy17
    Feng_Huang
    LostJedi26 <-- newly added.

:D

Feng_Huang:[face_batting] Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad!:D Thanks for the encouragement! I thought I'd lost ya!

LostJedi26: Thank you! :D couple not coupel btw.:p Coruscant right. Sorry Word doesn't spellcheck for it, but I'm remember to be extra careful about it next time. What is TLC? The series with Callista? I know she enters the picture a year after the Jedi Academy but this takes place towards the end of the middle book before Kyp goes rampage-y. I see you're a Callista fan.[face_worried] I hope next chapter you see as 'the pro-fic author's POV' and not bashing. I plan to finish this. I hope nothing gets in the way.
    I will. I update most every friday night.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm being a tease by posting this today. Just a few more hours of tweaking and adding a few more transitions and sweet moments. I got called in to work last minute and thus wasted valuable writing time. [face_peace]

11. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    LostJedi26: Thank you!
    grin couple not coupel btw.

LOL! Thank you! Gotta love typos, and reversed letters. :p I stand corrected. ;)

:p Coruscant right. Sorry Word doesn't spellcheck for it, but I'm remember to be extra careful about it next time. What is TLC? The series with Callista?

I understand about the spellchecker. :D
    TLC-- The Last Command, the last book in Zahn's Thrawn trilogy.

I know she enters the picture a year after the Jedi Academy but this takes place towards the end of the middle book before Kyp goes rampage-y. I see you're a Callista fan. [face_worried] I hope next chapter you see as 'the pro-fic author's POV' and not bashing.

I am a Callista fan, and I'll keep that in mind, that it's author's POV. :p :)

I do like Mara, I just don't know that I prefer her with Luke. Each to his own, and I have no hard feelings at all that they are together, nor is it my style to hate her because she is with Luke.

I love your fic, and I want! More! [face_dancing]
    Thanks for being considerate of where I stand. It'll be okay though. :D

Ah, come on... post the new chapter! :p And thanks for adding me to the PM list.
    [:D]

12. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Seven whole Pages!! 0-0. Enjoy! I've been waiting weeks to post this! I'm fairly confident you'll like this one.:cool: All comments adored as ever!

Chapter 7 Close Calls.

Mara rubbed her forehead. How much embarrassment did she have to endure in one day?
    Stupid children, what did they know? Couldn't Jacen just keep his mouth shut? They must think her a sniveling Jedi-follower!
    She had left as quickly as she could, pretending not to see Han or Leia's smug amusement at her expense.

Luke walked her out of the apartment.

"I can find my way home, fine thank you." She muttered quietly. After what she'd just gone through, she wanted to flee the scene of the crime as quickly as possible.

What had she been thinking? Luke's abs weren't that tight. Really. And she hardly liked respectful men, or soft dark gold shaggy hair that would slide between your fingers, and hold onto while- Why would anyone want a guy who would never cheat on her? One of those boring trustworthy types. Now Lando, he was a smuggler, and he would, would be practical? From a business standpoint. And easier to seduce.

For whatever reason Mara found herself distracted by sparking blue eyes and a sincere friendly smile.

"So, the twins said you're going to marry a Jedi farmboy." Luke teased mischievously. He couldn't help himself.

Mara turned as red as her hair. She closed her eyes, wishing he would forget about that. Wishing Leia and Han would forget about it. And while she was wishing she might just have wished the last three hours away too.

"I can think of a lot of farmers, and I know most of the Jedi in the New Republic, but a Jedi farmboy, there aren't many of those." Luke dared to rub his chin in thought.

"They have very active imaginations." Mara insisted defensively. Let it slide, idiot. Why couldn't he mind his own business? And why couldn't she act interested? Why couldn't she come up with one 'come hither please date me' response? He was a nice guy, but she had to seduce him.

"Mmm." Luke nodded, very curious how the babysitting had gone. He clasped his hands behind his back.

Her instincts told her to tell him to wipe that smirk off his face and drop the subject. But she had to seduce him.

Mara took a deep breath. Bet, remember the bet. Self-respect does not a bet, win. And it won't seduce him.

"I can only think of one." Mara glanced at Luke who stopped, no longer smug.

He frowned. He did quick calculations, wracking his brain to try and think of another Jedi with a farming history. He couldn't.

"Then again, to get married you'd only need to find one." She said evenly, as if it just occured to her. Mara was encouraged by his slack jaw.

"Mmm." Luke studied her face carefully. Clearly lost for words. She'd never taken this approach to his teasing.

She gave away nothing. They walked along in silence until they entered the turbolift. She felt it drag her downwards, just like her self-respect.

"I, uh, didn't know you were interested, in relationships at all." Luke said as casually as possible.

"What? You don't think I can handle it?" Mara challenged lightly

"No, just," Luke frowned. What are you playing at Mara? He wanted to ask, but he knew better.

Mara stepped close enough to him in the confined quarters that their breath mingled. She pushed back the more than friendly images that popped into her head at being this close to him, and the 'Maawaa's marrying a Farmboy' chorus that sprung to mind like an order.

"Just?" Mara blinked in fake innocence. Maybe those kids were rubbing off on her. "I prefer a man who never settles for enough." She shrugged, delighted in confusing him. It was just a game. A 'let's see how confused and nervous I can make Luke' game.

Luke's open mouth proved that he was trying in vain to place meaning to her words. Or trying to see another meaning to her words.

She counted to sixty before explaining glibly. "Most guys would settle with just being a farmer, or a Jedi."

"Ah." Luke blinked in confus

13. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    another great post SoE.

Can't wait to see what happens!

EDIT: Does first replie dance [face_dancing]

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha! Loved that Luke went from teasing mode to confused with the talk of Jedi farmboys. :D Luke's confession... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"We're friends?" Ghent considered. Awww, he's so cutely glueless..

Grrrr, Mara leave then alone! LOL Had Kasrit worried for a bit huh? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. baby_blonde

baby_blonde Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    great post =D=
    Kasrit it's not good to lie, sorry make predictions, to mara ;)
    can you please PM me when you update [face_peace]

16. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Darn-- they got so close! Poor Luke getting teased by Mara...

and it seems like Kasrit was about to win the bet when mara showed up..

Great update again! I'm looking forward to the next part (I hope that DRL gives you the chance)

jcs

17. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    We have got to get the comlinks away from Mara. For Luke's sake.

Good update. Can't wait for more. =D=

jacky

18. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Absolutely hilarious! Ghent should crop up more in fics. He's an interesting character

19. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Great stuff. Can't wait for the next update.

20. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Whoo hoo !!! Mara's starting to come around!!

21. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    He fervently wished, as many have, that women came with an instruction manual.

I'm sure Mara would hide hers or at least rip off the pages detailing her weaknesses;)

Guy friend, Boy friend, what was the main linguistic difference there?

Computer-geeks, give them a thousand different programming languages and they're happy because they make sense, but talk to them in Basic and they have trouble...:rolleyes:

"I'm a geek," Kasrit shrugged. "it appealed to my technophile tendencies, plus he's a ship freak. He loves to fly, so a woman who's part ship seemed to fit somehow."

Something seems so... wrong there... (is freaked out).[face_hypnotized]

22. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Feng_Huang: I'm a geek," Kasrit shrugged. "it appealed to my technophile tendencies, plus he's a ship freak. He loves to fly, so a woman who's part ship seemed to fit somehow."

Something seems so... wrong there... (is freaked out).

Freaked out?!:eek: Why? What was I not clear on? ::worries::[face_worried]

And Yeah, this week's post not happening on time, not the least reason because I may be traveling across country next week, the graduate school I was going to apply to has Identity theft issues so I have to find another one and/or a new job for June, and I can't find anything.

8-}

Sorry.

23. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Ghent...[face_love] ...is just too cute.

=D=

24. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Replies:

[:D] Thank you for reading everyone! I'm just a little sloooow.

Kidan: Congrads, on getting the first Reply! [face_peace]
    Strange, I can't wait to know what happens next either. ;)

Thank you! :D

Healer_Leona
    : Poor Luke; Com-units, Kasrits and tabloids are conspiring against him! Luke is fun to catch off guard.
    Ghent isn't glue-less but he certainly is coming un-glued.:p Mara can scare anyone. But if Mara leaves them alone, she's going to lose the bet! :eek: [face_mischief]

Baby blonde:
    It's not wise or healthy to do so anyway. ;) Will Do. I'll add you to the PM list. :D

Jaina_clan_Solo:
    Thanks, me too. Kasrit was very very close to winning. It's fun to have all my characters frustrated out of their minds! :D Luke doesn't get any kisses, Mara's being lied to, Kasit was close to getting out of paperwork, Ghent almost got some smooching.

Jackyyy17:Thanks. :D Yes, yes we must. [face_devil] I'm already plotting fun ways to do that. Heh heh.

Lady_WinterCelchu :
    He is. I don't understand why he's so neglected, especially considering the makeup of the star wars reading populace. Hello, New Reader. :D

Blackhole:
    Thanks. :D

AvenKiel:
    Yes, she's getting soo much closer. But will it be enough?

Feng_Huang:
    I'm sure Mara would hide hers or at least rip off the pages detailing her weaknesses
    Without any doubt. "I have no weaknesses." Riprip.

Computer-geeks, give them a thousand different programming languages and they're happy because they make sense, but talk to them in Basic and they have trouble.
    Normal languages and conotations are hard, in his defense. Esp. if you rarely use them.

I'm sorry if I freaked you out! What was scary?

::hugs her computer::

MirandaFair:
    He is. :D

Announcements: Ok, give me another week and I should have something to post. DWB and RL has been getting in my way. As always any requests or speculations and plot bunnies are always appreciated. How will I get them to the next major plot point. Hmmm.[face_thinking]

Question: Who do you guys think will win the bet? Who do you think should win it?

PM Train

Healer_Leona
    Jaina_clan_Solo
    MirandaFair
    Jackyy17
    Feng_Huang
    LostJedi26
    Baby_blonde

25. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Oh!!! Add me to the PM list. I'm really enjoying this story. And of course I want Kasrit to win (because I want to see Ghent's reaction!!!)

There needs to be more Ghent. He's described as short, but not pudgy, and the Thrawn trilogy comics draw him with a reasonable physique. Either he forgets to eat alot, or 'slicer food' doesn't get you fat in the GFFA like it does here on Earth. ;) Or perhaps he secretly works out.... hmmmmmmm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.