main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Currents: AU, OC's, 400 ABY Now at Chapter 28 - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 15, 2014.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    AzureAngel2
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    earlybird-obi-wan

Enjoy ladies. :D

Chapter 27 Part 1 – CSF Headquarters – Coruscant – 401 ABY

Cyrax and Darius had paired off and Vikka was ordered to aid the Jedi Knights who had suffered heavier losses. The former master and apprentice team had been striking at each other like they were in a rhythmic dance. Cyrax was a polished duellist above all else and he had taught Darius to be the same and use the physical gifts that Cyrax did not have. However, whatever physical advantage Darius had, in this battle, it was neutralized and eclipsed by the boost that the Dark Side artifact had given Cyrax. Both warriors knew it and they both knew that it was only a matter of time before Cyrax wore his former apprentice down.

Darius felt the Light Side come over him as he called upon it and he gained something from Master Joy’s battle meditation. Even with these enhancements Darius found himself at a disadvantage against Cyrax. His best strikes were turned aside and any Force powered maneuver was absorbed or had little effect on Cyrax. Yet, Darius continued to match Cyrax’s attacks. His former master had grown in power but his lightsabre style had not changed and it allowed Darius to foresee what attacks were coming his way. The only difference was that the speed in which the strikes came at him was quicker than Darius remembered.

Darius stepped into Cyrax with multiple strikes inside the Sith’s guard. Darius was attempting to gain an inside advantage just as Master Joy had done with Cyrax. It was the more difficult approach to take against a duellist like Cyrax as his defence technique was almost perfect. It was a stark contrast to Darth Nephros, who used massive swings and power strikes, which made it easier to get on the inside of Nephros’ defence. Opponents did so at their own peril when getting on the inside of Nephros’ defences, as he would use brutal physical tactics with his hands, elbows, and even his head if it made sense. Nephros was a physical marvel and above all, he gorged on violence that was fuelled by his rage. Darius felt he could do the same with his physical presence.

After numerous attacks, counters, and feints, Darius had finally found an opening in Cyrax’s defences and he struck a blow on Cyrax’s chest with a well-placed elbow. Cyrax stepped back and Darius was on top of him again with two quick slashes that seemed to connect but Cyrax had parried them. His cape was torn and he promptly removed the remaining piece. Darius became relentless with many more strikes that Cyrax had barely saved. The momentum was surprisingly shifting in Darius’ favour as he finished his sequence with a Force push that fired Cyrax into a wall.

Cyrax rose up slowly. “You have done well Sword of the Jedi but your fortune turns to ashes here and now.”
    “Do you ever tire of talking?” Darius replied.

Cyrax produced the Exar Stone and gripped it tightly as if he were trying to release something from it. The stone was scolding within his grasp and he pointed it at Darius. The Jedi Master crossed his lightsabre in front of him in a defensive position. When nothing happened Cyrax squeezed the stone harder and in his heart he attempted to draw from the Dark Side of the Force more than he had ever done before. He knew there was another level of power in this stone, he had seen it in visions, felt it in his bones, and Cyrax felt that the Dark Side was the key to unlocking it.

Darius remained motionless as he waited for something to happen. However, he could feel his former master heavily tapping into the Dark Side of the Force. Cyrax was looking for something it seemed. As nothing was happening, Darius started to approach slowly but Cyrax suddenly dropped to his knees and screamed as if he was in agonizing pain. Darius stopped and watched as Cyrax rose to his feet again with some sort of symbol now burnt into his forehead. The wound was still smoking and the smell of burnt flesh filled the air. It was the strangest thing Darius had ever seen. Oddly enough he recognized the symbol from his studies with Cyrax. It was an ancient Sith marker from the times of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. Suddenly doubt had begun to creep into Darius’ mind. Something sinister was happening as the Dark Side flooded the Force. It was unnatural, it was all wrong.

Vikka fought off two of the fallen Jedi Knights as she began wielding two lightsabres. This time she was using the lightsabre that Marcus had given her on Corellia and her own green blade. None of her companions had anything to say about the fact that she was wielding Darth Nephros’ deep crimson blade as they were all much too busy. Trip and Keytar had been battling Lorn Nyeb, however, Nyeb had joined the ranks of his League of the Force members and there was no duel to be had. It was numerous lightsabres slapping and crashing against one another in thick packs of warriors.

Vikka had begun to run amok on the League when she began using the two lightsabres. Perhaps Nephros’ influence was seeping into her through the red blade, but it was mostly Vikka realizing that she had to be the aggressor in this battle. If the Jedi stayed reactionary instead of proactive their losses could begin to get out of hand quickly. When Vikka stopped to take a breath she looked around and saw the Jedi were beginning to be overwhelmed as Nyeb had brought dozens of super battle droids into the battle. Her former master was skilled at hiding and evading the real challenges before him with the aid of his subordinates.

The numbers were against the Jedi again as they began to get pushed back even with Master Joy’s battle meditation. She could only influence the Jedi Knights so much. The other problem was that Cyrax’s droids did not have minds to infiltrate and weaken. The Jedi Order had lost Knights to Cyrax’s League of the Force, but the fallen Jedi were at least weakened by Master Joy’s influence. She had been planting the seeds of doubt into their minds. Their movements were not as crisp and they were showing less confidence in their abilities to wield the Force. If it was not for the advantage that the battle droids had given the League, the Jedi would have begun to overwhelm their Dark Side counterparts.

The CSF and droid forces had their own turf war that was going the way of the CSF. The underground militia group had proven invaluable in the fight. The manned CSF fighters and their stolen droid fighters were also winning them the skies over Coruscant. If the war was to be judged based on these two sides of the conflict, the CSF was the overwhelming victor versus the droids and Blood Rock Mercenaries. If Force users intervened the tables could easily be turned again. As it stood, Coruscant’s native sons and daughters were the ones winning the fight for their planet, while Cyrax’s forces were beginning to show signs of weakness.

Fleet Admiral Dalporte had been effectively running the CSF and militia groups. He only feared what would happen should the Jedi Order begin to falter, which was looking like a possibility due to their disadvantage in numbers. Through his screens he saw the curious sight of Knight Gratua using a green lightsabre and a red one. He could not comment on the Jedi way of thinking but he did not care what colour her blades were, as long as she kept putting down dark Jedi at that incredible pace. Everything hinged on the Jedi and according to Master Baron, Darth Nephros had promised to make an appearance in their favour. His former colleague Marcus Dal Colle was the wild card in their plans. What would Nephros do? Who would the Sith Lord help and would he take the power for himself. “Bah, the Force.” Dalporte said to himself.

Darius Baron was not fighting his former master, he was fighting a man that only looked like Cyrax. The man who stood before him had a different look about him, as if it was Cyrax had someone else’s eyes. There was a look of curiousness and abnormality within them. Through the Force, Darius felt something corrupted. It was almost as if the Force had been sullied with an unnatural taint. In all his time with Cyrax, Darius had never come across this state of being within Cyrax. The Dark Side artifact had done something terrible to his former master and had changed something within him.

Cyrax finally fixed his gaze at Darius and gave him a devious smile. The Jedi raised his lightsabre in a defensive stance. Cyrax stepped forward and put out his hand with the Exar Stone facing Darius. A stream of red light emerged from the stone and Darius caught it on his lightsabre. The force of the blast forced the Jedi Master backwards and his lightsabre began to fizzle as if it wanted to shut off. Cyrax did not waste any more time and fired another blast that Darius had no intention of blocking. He leaped into the air and brought his sabre blade over his head for a powerful downward strike. This time Cyrax reignited his own lightsabre and caught Darius’ overhand slam.

Darius landed on his feet and attempted to maintain the pressure against Cyrax by landing a blow into the Sith’s chest with the butt end of his lightsabre’s hilt. Cyrax took the hit but used his off hand to punch Darius in the stomach and bend the larger man over. Cyrax then swung his lightsabre upwards and caught Darius in the chest. The wound was not deep or fatal but it brought the Jedi Master to his knees. Darius looked up at his former master and realized he was being beaten. He was having difficulty breathing as the effects of his cracked ribs and swollen lungs had begun. Cyrax placed his blade above Darius’ neck and the Jedi could feel the heat emanating from the blade near his throat.

“I have waited a long time for my revenge Darius.” Cyrax said calmly. “Now that it is here I regret that it is not you standing by my side here at the end. Nyeb is a powerful Force user, but you were special. The Force always favoured your power.”
    “I felt the darkness in my heart Cyrax, but I did not allow it to stay with me.” Darius barely managed to say. “I didn’t let it dominate me like you have allowed it to.”
    “Don’t judge my actions without knowing my reasons.”
    “I know your reasons and they still do not justify what you have done here.”
    Darius tried to get onto one knee to kneel but Cyrax slammed the butt of his lightsabre into the Jedi Master’s back. “Stay down. Jedi.”
    “No.” Darius replied defiantly.

The Jedi Master called his lightsabre back to his hand and wildly slashed at Cyrax again. With no regard for his own life, Darius Baron fought back and managed to cause Cyrax to back pedal. Power and grace, was Cyrax’s definition of Darius’ fighting style when they trained together so long ago in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk. It was on full display here as Darius channelled the Light Side of the Force and he was feeling the effects of Master Joy’s battle meditation. The internal injuries pained each of his steps but he was determined not fall here.

A powerful blast of Force energy rammed Cyrax into a wall and Darius began to follow up his attack. His former master began to waver as Darius mixed melee attacks that Cyrax had to absorb because Darius’ lightsabre strikes were coming quickly after. With a massive punch Darius dropped his master to the ground as Cyrax had done to him just minutes before. The Sword of the Jedi was about to deliver a killing blow until he sensed danger behind him.

Darius turned and saw one of the fallen Knights rushing to his master’s aid. Darius quickly turned and caught the intruder’s blade with his own. In a few quick swipes Darius brought his weaker opponent down. When he turned back to Cyrax he found nothing. Darius looked around and was met by a blast of the Exar Stone. Darius attempted to move, however the blast caught him in the shoulder. The pain was intolerable as he had never experienced anything like it before. Darius screamed out until Cyrax finally stopped the attack. The Sith stood over his apprentice who had blacked out from the shock and agony.

As Cyrax was about to raise his blade for the killing blow, the Force overwhelmed him. This time there were dark currents of anger, rage, and hate in the Force. “Nephros.” Cyrax snarled.

Vikka had slashed her way through enough of Cyrax’s fallen knights that she had finally gained Lorn Nyeb’s notice. He had hid among his fallen knights to fight off the weaker Jedi Knights. As with any battle, the better warriors had weeded out the weaker fodder and this battle was no different. Trip and Keytar were stalled on a pair of Twi’lek brothers that fought like they had the same mind. This gave Nyeb the opportunity to eliminate numerous weaker Jedi Knights. He felt the influence of the Light Side and could only assume that Master Joy was alive and helping her Jedi with Battle Meditation. Nyeb had only met Master Joy a handful of times and her signature within the Force was unique. There was no doubt about what he was sensing at that very moment.

With all these factors, fate, it seemed, wanted Vikka and Lorn Nyeb together again. Vikka spun her two sabres while staring down her former master. Nyeb inhaled deeply. He was nervous. “I didn’t think red was your colour Vikka.”
    “It is now.” She replied. “And not for the reason you’re thinking. I am a Jedi. There is no conflict within me.”
    “A Jedi that loves a Sith. You brought him here. You brought Nephros to the Jedi so he could fight us.”
    “Master, you know he makes his own plans. Darth Nephros was always going to return to Coruscant for your Master.”
    “And me?”

“No Master, you will answer to me.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW, I hope Darius wins and Vikka and Nephros should help him

AzureAngel2 and Darth_Furio like this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thanks early. It will probably be a combines effort. :D

I'll have an update this weekend.

AzureAngel2
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Thank you for reading :D

Chapter 27 Part 2

Vikka leapt at Nyeb with both her lightsabres already in motion. She immediately had him back pedaling and doing everything he could not to be struck down right there and then. Power and control was always Vikka’s style and Nyeb could see that Vikka was realizing her potential. He was never one to shy away from a fight, but Nyeb was finding it difficult to interrupt Vikka’s rhythm and mount an offensive attack. Her focus had been galvanized and efficient. Vikka wanted to finish him quickly as she knew her former master was a serpent looking for an opportunity. Nyeb felt his only hope was to shake Vikka’s concentration and there was something that he noticed that could help him with that.

“That lightsabre, I’ve seen it before.” Nyeb began.
    “Of course you have. Nephros almost killed you with it.”
    “Did you keep it as a reminder of your love?”
    “You’re becoming too transparent master. You’re looking for an advantage that isn’t there. Tell me, what bothers you more. That you’ve become Cyrax’s lackey or that I’ve become better than you ever were?”
    “Oh Vikka, you think you know everything? Cyrax is a placeholder until I seize my opportunity. You are simply in the way.”
    “Master, it is over.”

In a red and green blur, Vikka’s lightsabres thundered down on Lorn Nyeb. Now that Nyeb was in the fight for his life he attempted to tap into the Dark Side of the Force again. Unfortunately he was underwhelmed by the response he received. Even the hate he felt for Vikka did not bring about the necessary boost he required. Nyeb reflected on the power that Nephros produced when he was gorging on the Force. Even Cyrax, before the Exar Stone came about, used the Dark Side to enhance his lightsabre abilities to master levels. Nyeb was facing the moment where he needed the Dark Side to propel him.

Vikka sensed Nyeb’s lack of confidence and like a predator she moved in for the kill. Nyeb was the prey, fighting for its life with wild slashes that had little power behind them. Vikka strode forward and slapped away Nyeb’s attack. Her former master had to use all his ability to make Vikka miss on her next attack sequence. Nyeb would always be a quality blade master and an incredibly skilled warrior but without a secure connection to the Force, he was vulnerable. In a moment of over confidence Vikka left herself open and Nyeb quickly took advantage and destroyed her main hand lightsabre.

Vikka was left with Marcus’ red lightsabre. Nyeb could not help but smile at the situation. “The colour suits you Vikka. I always felt you would come to this point. A Dark Side apprentice.”
    “No Master, there is no confusion. My faith in the Light Side sustains me. It seems that you have no idea what you are. Marcus was right. You’re a pretender and a fraud.”

Nyeb attacked like a raging reek while Vikka in that moment slowed her breathing and slipped under Nyeb’s swing. When she came up, she turned, and Vikka severed Nyeb’s left arm in the middle of his bicep. Nyeb feel to his knees and looked at the cauterized wound. With tears running down his face, he looked up at Vikka who stood above him with Nephros’ crimson lightsabre at the ready.

“Finish it Vikka. Live up to the red blade of your lover.” Nyeb taunted.
    “I do love him, but not for what he is now. It’s for what he was and will be.” Vikka said calmly. “Lorn Nyeb. You are under arrest.”
    “A Jedi to the…to the last.”
    “Yes Master. A path you should have never strayed from. A lightsabre doesn’t define who you are. Your actions do, and I choose not to kill you.”
    “And what of the past Vikka?”
    “I will never forget what you did to me for all those years. My childhood was already ruined by raiders and then you preyed upon me. I trusted you and you betrayed my trust. You deserve this.”

Vikka raised her lightsabre and Nyeb closed his eyes knowing that he was about to die. Vikka then used the butt end of the blade to knock Nyeb unconscious. She motioned to three CSF officers to take him away. “Be careful guys.” Vikka warned. “Even in that state, he’s dangerous.”
    “Yes Mam.” One of the soldiers replied.

Vikka breathed heavily and with satisfaction. She had finally defeated Lorn Nyeb and kept him alive despite the fact that she could have ended his life. Vikka had chosen to maintain her allegiance to the Jedi Order and to her own beliefs. She looked over at Trip and Keytar who had dispatched of the Twi’lek twins they were fighting. Her two fellow knights had brought down many of the traitorous fallen Jedi around them. Trip and Keytar looked worn, bloodied, and Trip had several bruises and lacerations. She was happy to see them alive.

Trip bowed his head as he had obviously seen what Vikka had done. “Well Done Vikka.” Trip said over their bond.

Thank You Trip.” Vikka replied with a smile. Perhaps they would mend their relationship and form a friendship after all. Perhaps not, either way, having Trip speak to her again felt good.

Another feeling came over Vikka through the Force and this time it was the exact opposite of everything she was feeling at that moment. The pitch of the approaching ion engines was distinguishable from kilometres away. Marcus had arrived. No, not Marcus, Nephros. After spending a night with him, Vikka could now distinguish between the two personas. For her there were two people inside of that man, but she feared that for him as there was only Darth Nephros. Vikka felt nothing over their Force bond but she understood why. Marcus wanted to focus, he wanted make his path clear, he was coming for Cyrax.

Vikka started to follow the Furious Rancor and looked back at Trip, Keytar, and the remaining Jedi and CSF soldiers. This side of the battle had been won. Yet Vikka felt compelled to chase after Marcus. The Force was telling her that she needed to be there for him. She sensed a moment was upon them all.

Don’t go Vikka.” Trip said over the bond again. “Stay with us. Stay with me.”
    “This is bigger than us Trip. I will see you soon.”

All Trip could do was watch the woman he loved walk away again.

After the damage dealt to Sword had tipped the balance over to the Empire, Taric Raywood stood looking out the viewport at the most beautiful sight he had seen in a long while. Admiral Wam’kodo’s left flank was broken and he had sent the Light Bringer straight at his mentor’s new flag ship that was now exposed. Reports had suggested that Wam’kodo had left Sword and had taken one of the largest Blood Rock destroyers as his new flag ship. On the opposite side the battle, the Tenel Ka Djo had suffered severe damage and was barely hanging on as many of the accompanying cruisers had also been lost. Taric had a choice of reinforcing his other capital ship and the hundreds of crew that served on her or taking out Wam’kodo and securing the victory for the Empire.

Wam’kodo also had a decision to make. The Twi’lek could finish off the Tenel Ka Djo or fight Taric on the Light Bringer head on. For the Admiral, there was actually no choice at all. He ran from no one and he would not dishonour himself by killing hundreds in a ship that was now on the verge of being incapacitated anyway. However, he did have an agreement with Lord Cyrax and he would attempt to fulfill that promise as best he could. Any last ditch effort needed to eliminate Taric Raywood. Without their admiral, the Empire’s forces would be in disarray. Wam’kodo decided to take a page out of Taric’s own playbook.

“Admiral Raywood.” An officer called out. “The enemy fleet is regrouping and coming right for the Light Bringer.
    “Wam’kodo is charging at us?”
    “Yes sir. Full speed ahead.”
    “Intensify the forward shields, position all cannons to fire at him. I don’t want anything getting through.” Taric was still concerned about a head on collision and decided to use his numbers to his advantage. “Call on all fighter squadrons, have all wings attack Wam’kodo’s flagship. Have them take out their shield generators and propulsion systems.”
    “Yes sir.” The officer replied.

Taric admired Wam’kodo. The Twi’lek could have destroyed the wounded Tenel Ka Djo but he decided to fight Taric with his own tactics. Destroying the Light Bringer would even the odds with the Empire’s other dreadnaught on life support. If he was successful, Wam’kodo would take his chances with whatever was left of his fleet. However, Taric would not allow that to happen. There would be no surrender, there would be no retreat. Only an Imperial victory would do.

The extra attention that Taric had ordered on Wam’kodo’s ship began to cripple the destroyer. However, the bombardment still did not slow it down enough that Taric could was confident they could stop its progression. “Sound the collision alarm.” Taric ordered.
    “Sounding collision alarm.” Taric’s officer replied.
    “Continue firing but prepare for collision in approximately five minutes.” Taric’s eye caught something on his holo-board. There was another ship headed towards the Light Bringer. “What’s coming at us from the port side?”
    “Sir it’s the Tenel Ka Djo! They’re on an intercept course for Admiral Wam’kodo’s destroyer!”
    “Is there anyone on board?”
    “No one is responding to our hails. But preliminary scans indicate droids aboard and that the ship is on autopilot with captain’s orders to collide with the enemy’s main destroyer.”
    “Reverse full and stop our attack vector. Slow this boat down!” Taric yelled.
    “Yes sir.”

Taric could only watch as three massive ships were on a collision course with one another. Slowing down the Light Bringer was his main concern as there was nothing he could do for the Tenel Ka Djo. The rate of speed that the Light Bringer was carrying was his fault as he thought charging at Wam’kodo’s left flank was the best move available to him. Taric began to second guess himself for a moment as he should have practiced patience and looked after the Tenel Ka Djo.

Taric’s moment of doubt had passed and he began a series of calculations in his head. He was confident that he had done enough to save the Light Bringer. Taric debated whether to fire on Wam’kodo further but the issue died in his head as Taric’s first officer called out to him again.

“Sir, Wam’kodo’s crew has begun evacuating the destroyer. Escape pods are deploying.”
    “Hail the Admiral.” Taric replied.
    “Admiral Raywood.” Wam’kodo appeared on the holo-display. “It appears I have taught you well. It doesn’t hurt that you have captains that are willing to scuttle dreadnaughts as battering rams.”
    “The price of victory is always high Admiral Wam’kodo. You taught me that. When you threaten people’s homes and livelihoods, you should have expected that they would stop at nothing to win. You should have stayed with us sir.”
    “No Taric. Your leaders have become slavers and hypocrites. On one hand they train Jedi and keep them on a leash and on the other hand they kill and imprison other Force users who haven’t even made up their minds yet. No guidance, no regard, only a brutal end.”
    “I’m sorry for what happened to your sister Admiral. It still isn’t a reason to wage war on the Empire.”
    “What would you have me do son? They did not listen to my appeals in the courts and the tribunal charged no one for her death. There was no justice and therefore there will be no peace.”
    “It’s over Admiral. We’ll take all your escape pods. Have them plot coordinates to the Light Bringer. However, all of them will face justice.”
    “Thank You Taric. You were my favourite student in the academy.” Wam’kodo nodded in salute. “That is why I personally selected you to be my apprentice when we served on the Braveheart.
    “Will you be joining them?” Taric asked already knowing the answer.
    “No son. I will join my sister Jeila. I pray she forgives me.”

The transmission faded out and Taric looked out the forward viewport. Dozens of escape pods littered space as they made their way towards the Light Bringer. Taric ordered a number of his fighters to accompany the stray pods that were trying to escape back to his ship. The Light Bringer began to move away from the imminent collision of the Tenel Ka Djo and Wam’kodo’s destroyer.

“Sound the collision alarm.” Taric called out again.
    “Sounding alarm.” The first officer called back.

These massive warships collided and crumbled into a massive ball of fire. The shock waves rocked the Light Bringer and suddenly numerous system alarms started to go off. The force of the blow also caused the mighty dreadnaught to shudder and she began to tilt to the port side. Taric called for adjustments to centre the ship again and after a few tense minutes the ship had finally stabilized.

Cyrax’s fleet was in disarray and had begun to crumble. The Blood Rock mercenary ships began to flee the system and headed into hyperspace. Taric’s captains asked if they should pursue but Taric advised against it and instructed them to regroup and surround the remaining droid and mercenary ships to keep them from escaping.

“To all invading forces. Stand down!” Taric addressed every ship on an open comm channel. “This is Admiral Taric Raywood. Your leader, Admiral Wam’kodo has been killed and there is no need for any further fighting. This battle is over.”
    After a few long minutes Taric was rewarded. “Sir. Drive cores are powering down. You did it sir!” The first officer replied with a tears in his eyes.
    “No, we all did it.” Taric replied. “Congratulations all around on a job well done. We honour our fallen brothers and sisters with this victory and more importantly we have helped take back our planet!”

Taric informed Fleet Admiral Dalporte of the victory and he was told to maintain his positon until called upon to descend on the planet. Cyrax still controlled a few planetary defences on the ground and they would make it difficult for any ships to land. Dalporte assured Taric that he would have those targets taken soon enough. Grudgingly Taric accepted the commands but he was content that he had done his part to take back his home planet. His only regret was the loss of his mentor Admiral Wam’kodo.

Dalporte had taken the field against the battle droids and mercenary fighters. His men had already made advances on various military targets that would give Dalporte control over the planetary defences. Coruscant’s underground resistance had proven to be invaluable and the droid fighters that the CSF had commandeered along with their own gunships had won Dalporte the day. The cost was severe as is the result of any war but the result was a decisive one for the Empire.

The next steps would be the hardest however. Dalporte wondered if the population would accept another emperor or would they crave a democratic republic once again. The senate had to be purged of Cyrax’s supporters and the remaining senators would have to come an agreement on how to proceed with leadership. There were those that agreed that the past three hundred years of peace were due to the line of emperors. Others had their own plans and ambitions. Uncertain times were ahead for all involved. It was now time for the Jedi to complete the victory.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Taric and Dalporte and Vikka are winning. I love it

6. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Wow, no Azure no WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Quiet in here. :(

I thought you'd like all this. :)

I'll have an update this week for you.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    And now, the finale...

earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Chapter 28 – Imperial Square – Coruscant – 401 ABY

Master Joy raced in a speeder across Coruscant’s Imperial Square and witnessed firsthand how much damage had occurred while she had been unconscious in her coma. She also saw the devastation of the latest battle. Her heart sank when she saw how many of her Jedi Knights had fallen in the battle. She also felt saddened for the slain Jedi Knights that had left the Order to follow Cyrax. It was a battle that had taken a toll on both sides of the conflict. The fractured Jedi Order was yet another example that the lure of the Dark Side would forever dominate the Jedi.

In the distance she saw red lightsabres ignited. Joy could feel the overwhelming presence of the Dark Side through the Force. Darth Nephros and Cyrax were about to engage in a final battle. Supremacy of the Dark Side was at stake and Joy understood that either man would present a massive problem for the Jedi. However, Joy wanted the victor to be rewarded with the Jedi waiting to arrest them for their crimes. Both Nephros and Cyrax had much to answer for. Joy did not want to be blinded by Nephros’ so called help. Killing Cyrax was something he wanted for himself rather than defeating him for the good of the galaxy. She promised herself that the mistakes of this war would not be repeated and she would never allow the Dark Side to sneak up on her like this again.

Though Joy was in no condition to physically battle either Sith Lord she still approached them. She was not sure what she was going to do when she got there but there had to be a Jedi presence. Suddenly she saw Darius Baron lying on the ground unconscious. Joy reached out through the Force and became afraid as she could not sense his presence in the Force. She rushed to his side and knelt beside him. Joy was suddenly overcome with emotion for her friend. She laid her hand on his chest and used her Force healing technique. Joy said a very old and sacred Jedi blessing in a low voice hoping that Darius would hear her call. The Lords of the Sith would have to wait.

The Grand Master’s connection to the Force was considerable and that, combined with the faith and feelings in her heart for her friend, meant that her trance would be a powerful one. Trip and Keytar came up from behind her and quickly realized what Joy was doing. Both Knights knelt beside their master and entered the trance with her. Joy had taught her more experienced Jedi Knights the healing techniques that could very well save their lives and those of their Order. They were moments of peace and serenity and Master Joy could feel the Light Side of the Force becoming ever present all around them. She produced a small smile as she finally felt the tide turning after so many years of darkness. She opened her eyes and found Darius opening his.

“Master Joy?” Darius said.
    “Yes my friend. Welcome back.”
    Darius sat up and acknowledged Trip and Keytar with a bow of his head. He looked at Joy. “I knew you would return to us. I knew you wouldn’t let us face this alone.”
    “You helped keep me here Darius and I would never leave my friends to face any such darkness alone.”

Both Darius and Joy stared into each other’s eyes and an unspoken bond that always existed between them began to flourish even more. However, they both knew that this was not the time to speak about such things.

“What happened with Cyrax?” Darius asked coming back to the reality of the situation.
    Joy helped Darius to his feet and said, “Darth Nephros has arrived.”

Cyrax looked up and saw Darth Nephros standing on the Furious Rancor suspended in the air with his dual bladed lightsabre ignited. Nephros’ face was covered in shadow as his hood was placed over his head. All Cyrax could see of Nephros’ face was his blood red eyes immersed in the Dark Side.

“Greetings my Lord.” Nephros said sarcastically. “I’ve come to kill you. Pretender.”
    “Don Moch has no place here Sith Lord.”
    “I am the engine of your fear. You know I’m stronger than you in every way possible.”
    “I am no pretender. I have won an empire while you have toiled with the Jedi. I don’t fear you Nephros.”
    “You soon will.”
    “Is there is no bridge that you won’t scorch? Why must we be locked in this pattern of escalation?”
    “There was a moment where I was going to leave this all behind. Now I see that would have been a mistake. My destiny is to defeat you and become the only Dark Lord of the Sith.”
    Cyrax laughed. “A dark lord that has laid with a Jedi? You’re a pathetic excuse for a Sith. I am the one that has followed in the great footsteps of Darth Sidious, Darth Caedus, and Darth Krayt.”
    “Perhaps you’re right Cyrax, but regardless, I will take your life. You’re trapped by your illusions and I’m going to give you a dose of reality. I am the ultimate power in the galaxy.”
    “I will enjoy ending you Nephros.”

Cyrax spun quickly and fired a blast from the Exar Stone at Nephros who leaped into the air to dodge the blast. He landed on his feet and punched a few buttons on his wrist comm and the Furious Rancor flew off. Cyrax fired again with the Exar Stone and Nephros attempted to block the blast with the back end blade of his lightsabre. The blade fizzled out to his surprise and Nephros was thankful that one side of his blade was still operational. Before Cyrax could fire again Nephros attacked with Force enhanced speed. Nephros’ lightsabre was a red streak that nearly missed cutting Cyrax down. Cyrax advanced with an attack of his own that Nephros defended and deflected.

Nephros sensed the difference within Cyrax. The Dark Side of the Force raged between the two of them but Cyrax’s presence was corrupted and did not feel right. Cyrax was obviously faster and stronger than the last time they had faced each other on Nar Shaddaa. Nephros was still supremely confident that he could defeat Cyrax. He did not believe in trinkets but he did believe in the Force and Nephros believed he had the power of the Dark Side behind him. He hacked and slashed at Cyrax with a number of techniques and manoeuvers that would have cut down most warriors. Cyrax however, seemed to be in control and expertly fought off Nephros’ attacks.

Nephros was attempting to stay close to Cyrax so he could not use the Exar Stone. He understood the power of it when he saw the Jedi Master Darius Baron laid out at Cyrax’s feet upon his arrival. Nephros fought furiously but Cyrax began to take control with inside slashes of his own that backed Nephros off. The seeds of doubt had been planted in Nephros’ mind as even though he was drawing from the Dark Side of the Force, all of his maneuvers and skills were being matched. Nephros resorted to using blasts of Force energy to put Cyrax off balance but the attacks were absorbed and thrown back. The force of the blows sent Nephros backwards into a pile of duracrete rubble.

Cyrax began to stalk Nephros who had not moved. He stood above the Sith Lord and raised his blade over his head. Nephros suddenly opened his eyes and blasted Cyrax with Dark Side Lightning that caught him in the chest. The younger Sith poured on the pressure with his lightning attack which had now dropped Cyrax to a knee. Nephros’ fury lit up the night sky and his roar could be heard far and wide. Cyrax’s cool demeanour had begun to falter and he felt the intense agony of Nephros’ wrath. The newly anointed emperor was crumbling yet this pain was to become the fuel for his recovery as his anger began to propel him as well. He would not allow himself to be defeated after all that he had accomplished.

Cyrax moved his lightsabre in the way of lighting and the blade had begun to absorb some of the attack. His arms ached liked never before and Cyrax use the Force to enhance his strength and use one hand to grab the Sith artifact. He barely pointed the Exar Stone towards Nephros and he fired it. The blasts began to cancel each other out. The crimson raw Force energy from the Exar Stone and the pale white and violet forks of Force lightning from Nephros met in the middle of the two men. Both Sith Lords were entrenched and neither would let the other win in a true battle of wills. Each one fuelled by their hate for the other and each one understanding the cost of defeat at this crucial moment.

Vikka ran towards the scene and then she stood in awe as she watched the two Lords of the Sith battle. She immediately attempted a connection to Marcus who was obviously in no condition to answer her. What she received came across as a high pitch scream as Marcus was so engaged with the Force that Vikka was only feeling the energy passing through him. There seemed to be no person within Marcus’ Force signature, there was only the presence of the Dark Side of the Force. After a few more seconds Vikka began to grimace in pain from the exchange with him. As she closed down the connection Vikka became concerned when she saw that Cyrax’s Exar Stone was beginning to win out over Marcus’ lightning attack.

Cyrax’s crimson energy blast began to take over Nephros’ white and violet Force lightning. Now it was Nephros who was beginning to falter and feel defeat coming for him. Nephros was so immersed in the Dark Side that he sensed that he was a part of the Force. Through his focused hate and fury he had achieved a clarity that he had never felt before nor had he ever thought himself capable of. Yet even with Nephros feeling the most powerful he had ever been, he was failing. Nephros was sure of himself, but he did not know what to do next as Cyrax approached him.

Cyrax advanced with a smile on his face as he realized what he was about to accomplish. Darth Nephros who could not be killed by the Jedi or by Cyrax himself a few months ago on Nar Shaddaa was about to fall to the power of the Exar Stone. The incredible pressure that Nephros was under meant that he could no longer maintain his lightning attack. He understood what was about to happen next. The stone’s energy struck Nephros in the chest and forced the Sith Lord to collapse from the unspeakable pain.

Nephros dropped to both knees and held his chest as the heat of the Exar Stone overwhelmed his senses. Nephros grinded his feet together and with all his will he forced his eyes open and saw his lightsabre a few feet away on the ground. He quickly called it to his hand and ignited the blade outside of the Exar Stone’s beam as a decoy. Cyrax saw the blade come to life and he used the Force to swat it away from Nephros. In the next moment Nephros noticed that Cyrax had taken the bait and summoned Cyrax’s own blade off of his belt with the Force. Nephros ignited the blade while it was coming towards him in the air and used it to cut off the hand Cyrax was holding the Exar Stone with. The Stone flew off in a random direction and Cyrax yelled out in pain.

Nephros struggled while rising to his feet and with Cyrax’s lightsabre in his hand. He moved the blade towards his prey only to be surprised by Cyrax slamming his shoulder into Nephros’ midsection in a final act of defiance. The sabre fell of out Nephros’ hand and rolled away. Cyrax called the weapon back to his remaining hand. He ignited the blade and swiped it quickly at Nephros’ neck. Cyrax’s swipe was stopped in mid swing by Nephros’ right hand. The younger Sith was using Force absorption and he had surprised Cyrax with a powerful punch from his left hand. Cyrax swung again but Nephros ducked under the lazy swing and grabbed Cyrax by the throat.

Darth Nephros held Cyrax in place. “I’ve hated you since the moment I felt your offensive presence in the Force.” Cyrax said. “I saw the ruin you’d bring me.”
    “I will take my place as the most powerful Force user in the galaxy. You were always a place holder, a pretender.”
    “The Jedi will never allow you to leave this planet. Even with your lover.”
    Nephros slammed his fist into Cyrax’s stomach and dropped him to the ground. “Unluckily for you, the Jedi did not capture you.”
    “Finish it Sith, show me your worst.”

Nephros had kept the bloody chain that had held up Arianna when she died. He removed it from around his neck and rolled it around his fist. Nephros was quickly overcome with images of Arianna’s face, his father, the Archivist, and finally of Vikka. Nephros had quickly convinced himself that Cyrax had to die. He began with one punch to Cyrax’s face which promptly broke the emperor’s nose. Rage and hatred consumed Nephros as the blood lust returned. He continued the beating over and over again until Cyrax’s face was unrecognizable after the flurry of punches. Nephros held Cyrax’s bloodied head and looked at the emperor’s eyes which were still focused on him. Nephros lowered his head and whispered into Cyrax’s ear.

“I told you I would kill you. Now your dreams are gone, your army is gone, and your life is mine.”

As Nephros prepared for one more punch to end it, he felt Vikka’s presence in the Force approaching. No, she was actually standing right behind him. “Stop Marcus. Don’t do this.”

“Vikka, you know that is a mistake. You know what he is capable of. Arresting him will not solve anything. He escaped Jedi custody once. He will escape again.”
    “Haven’t you let go of your hate yet? I thought you were going to change after we…you know.”
    “This is who I am Vikka. This is who I will always be.” Nephros replied with a distinct edge in his voice. “I know I took the path you didn’t want for me. Rest assured though, you have become my heart and I can’t live without my heart.”
    “Prove it. You say this is who you are, but that is only true if you allow it happen Marcus. You can change your destiny and control your own fate. I’m not asking you to be a Jedi and follow our path, but choose the correct path starting now.”
    “What do you want from me Vikka?”
    “I want you to try Marcus. Just try and be the man who you were with Arianna and the man I know you can be.”
    “Will you come with me if I do?” Nephros said softly.
    “You know I can’t promise you anything. The galaxy needs the Jedi and I am a Jedi. I’ve realized that during this battle. There is so much misery in the galaxy and I believe things will change after this war. The Jedi will be counted on more than ever.”
    “Then there is the difference between us Vikka. The Jedi are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth. I am willing to make the sacrifices and the difficult decisions. You are still their pawn. They will eventually lie to you. I never have.”
    “You bastard. That’s unfair. I’ve sacrificed my personal relationships and my relationship with the Jedi because of my faith in you. When they wanted you dead I protected you.”
    “I saved your life on the Tiber, I reinforced your efforts during the Fobosi battle, and now I’ve defeated Cyrax for you, not them, you. I wanted to leave with you Vikka and you rejected me then, and after all that you still reject me for them.”

Nephros took Cyrax’s head with both hands and snapped the emperor’s neck with a violent twist. While looking directly at Vikka he unwrapped the bloody chain from his hand and placed it back around his neck as a sign that Arianna would always be with him. Nephros felt betrayed by Vikka. However, he understood what she wanted but he also saw that their future was uncertain because Vikka was uncertain. That was something Nephros could not accept. Vikka saw the best in him but she also had just witnessed the worst of him. Again. He admired her devotion to the Jedi cause but all he wanted was to be with her. Nephros wanted Vikka to choose him.

“I’m so tired.” Nephros let out a large sigh. He did not want it to come to this. “I’m leaving Vikka. If you’re not coming with me, there is nothing for me here and I can’t wait for you to make up your mind. The rest of the Jedi are coming and you’re about to witness their betrayal.”
    “We can find a way Marcus. We can…” Vikka said even though she was not sure whether she believed it.

“You aren’t going anywhere Sith.” Trip said with satisfaction as he stood with Darius Baron, Keytar, and Master Joy. “You’re under arrest.”
    Nephros still had Cyrax’s lightsabre and ignited the crimson blade. “I told you Vikka. I told you of their betrayal.”
    “You’re in no condition to fight Sith.” Trip replied. “Give up while you can.”
    “You know I won’t surrender to you little man.” Nephros growled.
    “Then we’ll be forced to destroy you.” Trip answered as he ignited his own lightsabre.
    “Master Baron, you gave me your word.” Vikka said. “He defeated Cyrax.”
    “I voted against this because of my promise Vikka, but he committed the gravest of atrocities at the Fobosi site and we won’t get this opportunity again. The council has spoken.
    Vikka turned to Master Joy. “Master Joy, he helped us. He defeated Cyrax.” She paused. “Wait, council? There’s a new council?”
    “Yes Vikka. You’re looking at it.” Darius responded. “I am sorry but leaving a man like this in the galaxy unchecked is irresponsible and some of us feel your judgement has become clouded.”
    “Vikka you were great against Nyeb. Stay the course and you’ll be on the council in no time.” Trip said trying to reach her. “You know men like him will always offend again. He’s a monster.”

Vikka was immersed in anger and she did not even realize that Nephros had come up to stand beside her. “How do you claim a moral authority when you can’t even keep your own word?” She directed her question to all of the Jedi. “He helped us all. You counted on him after your own attempts failed.” Vikka was now looking at Darius.

“There’s no need for this.” Nephros spoke up. “Who will be the first one to try and detain me?”
    “There will be no more bloodshed today.” Master Joy now spoke and everyone turned to her. “Vikka, Darius and Trip are right.”
    “But…” Vikka began to say.
    “As Grand Master I will evoke my right to overturn the council’s wishes. A promise was made and we will fulfil that promise. However Sith, if you return to start chaos again we will be forced to hunt you and we will stop you.”
    “Do not threaten me Master Joy. I am no one’s pawn and I will not live by anyone’s rules.” Nephros replied. “If any of your knights has the courage to fight me I will gladly give them a fight. You’re all still apart of the Jedi Order that left one of your own to die and helped the empire destroy the lives of thousands of Force users.”
    “That was another time and another evolution of the Jedi. I was the Grand Master for only a few of those years but there will be changes from now on. I promise you that. As for Arianna Dern, I am sorry for your loss but you know that she would have never wanted to see you fall like this to the Dark Side, to the Sith.”
    Nephros considered Master Joy’s words. “Vikka feels the same way you do Master Joy but I am not one of your projects. For now on I will walk my own path. No Sith, no Jedi, just my path with the Force.” He turned to Vikka. “I just need to know if that path will be alone.”

Nephros extinguished Cyrax’s lightsabre and punched some buttons on his wrist communicator to call the Furious Rancor. Vikka walked up to him and they started to walk away from the Jedi. “Vikka.” Nephros began to say before Vikka interrupted him.
    “If we follow our hearts Marcus, do you think it will lead to a happy ending?” Vikka asked.
    “There is only one way to find out my love. Can you turn your back on the truth? The rest of your life will be a lie if you’re afraid to take a chance right now with me. Can you live with that?”
    “No. I couldn’t live with that.” Vikka responded.

Vikka and Nephros took a few steps towards each other and through the Force Vikka could sense a tidal wave of emotion from him. The kiss was long, deep, and Nephros held her tighter than he thought possible.

“Will you leave with me?” Nephros asked again.
    “No I won’t”
    Nephros was shocked but through the bond he understood why. “You want to help rebuild Coruscant and maintain your oath to the Jedi? Even after all of this you still won’t come to me?”
    “I’ll find you when the time is right. I love you Marcus. I have since the moment I saw you and I always will.”
    “Don’t do this Vikka. We can finally be together. Coruscant will rebuild with or without you. I need you now.”
    “Go Marcus. When my mission is fulfilled I’ll find you. Don’t fight me on this, it’s just something that I need to do for myself and by myself.”
    “Vikka.”
    “No Marcus, if you truly love me you’ll give me the time that I need. Alone.”

Marcus held Vikka’s cheek with the palm of his hand. A rush of emotions flooded his mind again and all he could think about was Vikka’s face during the past year. She had always maintained her loyalty to the Jedi and so he was not surprised by her decision. In his heart he knew that this could likely be the last time he saw Vikka Gratua. Her sense of honour and duty were a just two of the many traits he loved about her. She may have loved him but she would never abandon her obligations to the Jedi and to those that she swore a vow to. Vikka had not promised Marcus anything and even though they shared a wonderful night of passion and true love, he saw that she would maintain her code. Mandalorians were loyal to a fault in his eyes.

The Furious Rancor arrived on auto-pilot and Marcus Dal Colle approached the loading ramp. He would not look back at anyone because he knew he was alone and he would always be alone it seemed. As he walked away Vikka took a few steps towards him but she stopped herself and watched as Marcus left. She had to let him go. Vikka let the love of her life go, not for duty, not for her allegiance to the Jedi, but out of fear. She had turned Darth Nephros, the most fearsome and powerful being in the galaxy, away from the Dark Side of the Force. She had not redeemed him into the light but she saved him from the darkness of his past and the even darker future if he stayed on the path of the Sith. Marcus would lead an uncertain life from now on but Vikka had saved his soul it would seem. His connection to the Force was powerful and his hate would always be an uncertainty, but on this day. Marcus walked in the sun and Darth Nephros had faded into shadow.

“I can’t believe it Vikka. You just let him go.” Trip stepped towards her. “You aren’t going to follow him?”
    “I’m not following anyone Trip. I’m not following Marcus, you, or the Jedi. I’m doing what I think is right.”
    “I don’t get it. You said you wanted to help rebuild Coruscant and the Jedi Order.” Trip remarked.
    “You never did get it. You never accepted the other side of me, you always tried to mold me into something that you thought was the right path. Marcus never tried to change me. He loved me for me and I loved him for that. I have another life I need to worry about besides my own.”
    “Vikka,” Master Joy stepped forward. “How far along are you?”
    “A few weeks at least.” Vikka replied not surprised that Master Joy had guessed or perhaps had already known.”
    “What?” Trip commented.
    “I’m pregnant with Marcus’ child.” No one said anything. “I’m leaving Coruscant, the Jedi, and Marcus to raise my baby boy in peace. I will try to make certain that this child will never see a war. His power will be pure.”
    “Go child.” Master Joy said. “Go with the blessings of the Jedi Order and remember that you may return at any time. The Force is strong with your unborn son, I can already feel it. Guide him. Teach him the mistakes of the past so that they are not repeated in the future.”
    “What if he comes back for his kid?” Trip asked.
    “Then I will allow them to be together whenever that happens. He’s not ready to take care of a child. I’m not sure if I’m ready right now. All I know, is that Marcus needs to find his balance as his own person first before I tell him that he’s ready to be responsible for another life.”
    “What about your bond?” Darius asked next. “He may feel his child’s considerable presence in the Force.”
    “I’m good at closing down my connections. This won’t be any different. Before anyone asks, when our son asks about his father I won’t tell him the truth in his early life. When he’s ready I’ll tell him who is father is.”

Six Standard Months Later

Fleet Admiral Taric Raywood and the newly minted Emperor Vidor Dalporte sat down at a massive marble table that Dalporte had imported for himself from Naboo. The war was over and Coruscant had immediately begun to heal itself when Cyrax had been killed by Darth Nephros in the final battle in Imperial Square. The death toll was in the tens of thousands and the destruction to the planet itself was still being calculated. The final analysis was yet to be made but changes had already been set in motion by Dalporte’s new regime.

All of Cyrax’s battle droids had been deactivated and repurposed into the CSF and the Blood Rock Mercenaries that remained on Coruscant were imprisoned. The rest that retreated back to Nar Shaddaa were being watched by a heavy presence of the Imperial Navy. The Imperial Military was being rebuilt larger than before for peace keeping purposes and to repel any kind of future threats. Shipyards at Fondor and Corellia were producing Star Destroyers and various other ships again in an effort to boost galactic economies. The CSF had been re-staffed and kept the peace on Coruscant.

Cyrax’s League of the Force was disbanded as quickly as it had been formed and the remaining members were being held by the Jedi Order in their newly built temple. Master Bail Exas had returned to Coruscant with the Jedi Padawans and younglings, the Order would be rebuilt. Grand Master Joy and her new council that consisted of Master Darius Baron, Master Exas, Keytar the Wookiee Jedi Master, and the newly anointed Master Trip Vrand now led the Jedi Order. The Jedi-Imperial Act was abolished and all Force users were brought before the Jedi to be recruited or left alone if they wished, as long as they obeyed the laws of the galaxy.

Officially, Vikka Gratua had left the Jedi Order under mysterious circumstances and Darth Nephros had escaped after he had defeated the Dark Lord of the Sith, Cyrax. The truth remained within the Jedi as Vikka had left to raise her child and Darth Nephros had been allowed to leave as he had promised to live a life of peace. Both of their locations were unknown. Lorn Nyeb had disappeared during a prisoner transfer and had vanished even though he only had one arm. There had been no sign of him even though the Jedi were pursuing any leads that came their way regarding the fallen Master.

The senate remained intact and the senators that supported Cyrax were arrested and new senators were democratically elected in their place. There was little debate about maintaining the Empire as long as Dalporte would accept the position of Emperor. The former Cor-Sec operative, and CSF Fleet Admiral, had moved up the ranks to the very top. He brought his most trusted friend and decorated soldier, Taric Raywood, with him to the top to run his military. The two friends had the long transition from Cyrax’s short, but brutal, rule to their own new age of peace.

Epilogue – 402 ABY

Lorn Nyeb sat at the bar in the worst cantina that he could find and finished his last shot of ale. He was successful in drinking enough to maintain a long enough buzz that would hold him over until the next morning or until he could open his next bottle and keep the feeling, or lack thereof, going. He had retreated to and had been swallowed up by the Smuggler’s Moon, Nar Shaddaa. Like so many others, Nyeb had gotten lost by changing his appearance with a beard and a change of hair colour. He had a medical connection that provided him with a mechanical arm to replace the one that the schutta, Vikka Gratua, had taken from him. Of course, Nyeb had quickly killed the physician as to make certain no one knew of his existence.

The Jedi were looking for him and with the few resources he had to left to himself, Nyeb tried to keep track of their movements for a time. The Jedi Order and the Empire had won and Cyrax and Nyeb were now only points in history that beings would simply read about and forget. Their legacy would merely be one of them destabilizing the empire for a short time. In reality, no one was looking for him. There was nothing left for him in the galaxy as he could not even get revenge for himself because Vikka and her lover Darth Nephros had disappeared. Nyeb had come to the conclusion that life, as he knew it, was over.

After the final battle Nyeb was arrested and while being transported to an Imperial prison he mounted a daring escape while playing as if he had become deaf, blind, and dumb. It was easy to believe by the sight of him as he had lost his arm and was utterly humiliated by his former apprentice. The CSF commandos in charge of him did not stand a chance as Nyeb had used the Force to kill his guards and escape their custody. He secured transport to the Outer Rim as a refugee and eventually ended up on Nar Shaddaa as a ghost for the past year. He called himself Krilla for the few beings that asked for his name.

Nyeb’s escape was the last time he had called upon the Force. He hated the Force for what it did to him. It had given him visions of a great future that was laughable to him now. Perhaps he had envisioned his ascension into greatness and it was not the Force at all, or perhaps it was the Force telling him to forget such dreams. Always in motion. The future was always in motion. Regardless, the motion of his future had taken a turn straight into the ground. Nyeb had no illusions. It was his failures that had led him to this pathetic existence.

Nyeb walked out of the cantina and stumbled across a courtyard filled with beings that he would have at one time considered beneath him. There were drunks, death stick and spice dealers, and prostitutes that made this place their place of business and for some of them, it was their home. Nyeb smiled at the unattractive women of the night and continued his drunken walk to his apartment complex. Instead of going to his apartment he went to the roof. He looked over the hazy night sky that was the complete opposite of Coruscant. There were no bright lights here on Nar Shaddaa. Everything here was dull, stale, and ugly.

Nyeb stood on the edge of the building and barely felt the wind on his face in his drunkenness. He looked down and saw a grey and black abyss with a few vehicles passing through his field of vision. This was his end he began to think. The Jedi Master who became a ruler on Dathomir, then a Sith apprentice who wanted to rule an empire, was about to kill himself in the midst of the most pathetic beings of the galaxy. It was a fitting end Nyeb thought to himself.

Lorn Nyeb took a step off the ledge and suddenly was pulled back and onto the roof top. He looked around and saw no one on the roof.

“Who’s there? Show yourself!” Nyeb screamed into the night. He began to think that he may have simply fallen backwards but something was telling him otherwise. The Force. Nyeb concentrated heavily and suddenly he was engulfed by a presence that he was not familiar with. “Who is there? I know someone is up here.”

“Of course you do.” A voice from the void replied. “You have used your greatest gift. The Force.”
    “Show yourself dammit. You’ve ruined a perfectly good suicide attempt and worse of all you destroyed my buzz.”
    “You’ve fallen so far Lorn Nyeb.”
    “Who are you?” Lorn asked as he was shocked by the use of his real name. “How do you know who I am?”
    “I know everything that has to do with the Force and those that wield it. The galaxy isn’t large enough for Lorn Nyeb to disappear and hide.”

Through the darkness of the rooftop a man appeared before Nyeb and approached him. The stranger had on black robes and his head and face were covered by a large hood. Nyeb began to feel the Force around this being but it was distorted and odd. It was similar to the presence of his former master Cyrax. Then the man extended his arm with a closed fist and then he opened his hand. He revealed a jewel that had a dull red and violet light emanating from the inside of it. The sight of the familiar artifact made Nyeb gasp.

“The Exar Stone!” Nyeb remarked. “Cyrax?”

“No Lorn, your master is dead. He was killed by Darth Nephros. I am the Archivist.”

Thank you all for reading this labour of love. I want to thank the three ladies earlybird, Azure, and Nyota, that have supported me most of the way and anyone else that hasn't left a comment but read it. There is a lot of my life in this story and a lot made up, and intertwined with the wonderful Star Wars universe. Thank you Mr. Lucas for letting me play in your world.

Honourable mention to Chyntuck for helping me with Chapter 25, Ewok Poet for her suggestions.

Vikka, Marcus, Nyeb, the Jedi, and the rest will return one day with some new faces. :)

Thank You

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful ending to a very entertaining story. I love to see Vikka's child

9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank You Early. I truly appreciate your support. :)

I'm thinking up story ideas these days and already have a few new characters in mind. Vikka and Marcus' child is definetly one of them. ;)

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh my, this story ended in my absence...

*faints*

Well, I will give it the attention that it needs now, even though I will look like an old owl at work tomorrow. I owe you this.

A lot of friends either lost a parent or found themselves at hospital the past weeks. So apart from having a busy time at work and running a household half-heartily, I had so many things to do that I found no time for the boards at all. (Okay apart from occasional chats with my new beta, Kahara who takes over for a while.) BUT that does not mean that you fan fic got boring or stopped to interest me. Don´t you ever dare to believe that!

You showed the conflict between the dark side and the light side fairly well in your fic. All the difficult choices, the emotional uproar alongside stunning battle scenes.

^:)^

Keep writing! Please!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  11. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

No explainations needed Azure. Thank You. Leave your comments when you can. :D I'm working out some new ideas, but it's slow these days.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I know all about being slow... and now it is 0:37 am and I need to get up at 6:30am.

Plus we have a house guest for 1 week who needs to go to college, because she wants to work with younger kids again and stop doing her current work at a point. So, I am better off! :*

Darth_Furio likes this.
  13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, thank you!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting and very satisfying conclusion. I love the sense of triumph and the way things settled and peace was regained. =D=

Darth_Furio and AzureAngel2 like this.
  16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Hey, welcome back to the thread WNSA! Thank you for the comments. They're always appreciated. :)

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Here is a song I thought was great for Marcus and his lost love Arianna...

For Marcus and Vikka...

18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    @AzureAngel2
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    @earlybird-obi-wan

Just wanted to give you girls an update on my sequel. My computer's hard drive crashed and I lost the most up to date copy of my story. I was four chapters deep and the memory stick that the story was on was not fully up to date. Lazy me. I'm pretty gutted, but I will continue. Take care. :)

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yeah! Thanks for the backup on you! I am looking forward to that.

The latest windows 10 update was a great distraction and today I got around to get help from DarthUncle & my telephone joker, Cem_Fel, about the new LibreOffice surface of my texts.

Oh and yesterday evening my husband also helped installing a new HP scanner program for me.

So I know about computer troubles indeed and keep my fingers crossed for you, @Darth_Furio !

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Darth_Furio likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Darth_Furio likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Darth_Furio and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. Darth_Furio