main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V DARK DISCIPLE (Ventress/Vos novel) (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I believe both, to be honest.

The Secrets of the Sith counts them as Sith apprentices I believe, including Savage Oppress...

T7-01, AusStig and Vialco like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay so just started this one up and maybe It’s because I was riding high off reading the Ascendancy trilogy but I like this book less than I remember.

Vos seems a bit OOC in his interactions with Kenobi.
    acting surprised he will have to flirt with Ventress. When Vos’s previous TCW appearance strikes me as someone who will flirt with anyone to get what he needs.

anyway another funny error. It’s not really an error, but it’s weird. While in the 1313 bar Vos describes Boba Fett as no more than in his late teens. Maybe Vos sucks at telling someone’s age or maybe Golden forgot that Boba is supposed to be 13 in this novel. So the opposite of late teens.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I honestly thought he was primarily teasing Obi-Wan in that encounter, but that's just my interpretation.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You could definitely read it that way.

Later in the novel however Vos explicitly states he is basically uncomfortable with flirting.

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I suppose it's an interesting line he walks, as a Jedi who spends a lot of his time undercover it makes sense, he'd be a bit more laid back, but he has to have lines he won't cross in the name of staying a Jedi. It's possible flirting is just one of them.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Savage was always a Sith - Maul straight up says he was training him as an apprentice (as we later find out, this is in direct violation of the Rule of Two, and a certain someone is NOT happy about there being someone else running around telling people he's the "true lord of the Sith)."

[​IMG]

I still find the series unclear regarding Ventress. Unlike Maul, Tyranus seemed to be more careful about posing an open threat to Sidious (and for good reason). I never considered Ventress to be a true Sith, but had Dooku succeeded with his ambitions for overthrowing Sidious she obviously would have taken that step.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2023