main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Comics Dark Empire Trilogy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthDeviousTX, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It is mildly amusing that had Dark Empire came out now, he would be Sith and Sidious through and through.

He is just the Emperor now. He is not Palpatine; not Sidious; just the Emperor.

Much like Tenebrae. He was no longer Vitiate, he was just the Sith Emperor.

Nothing more, nor less.

Of course then he was Valkorian, and the Emperor may yet have become Snoke...

To be called Darth Sidious in TLJ though; utter perfection.

2. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2008
    You're not alone in doing this- I know of a lot of other fans who are trying to find the "clean" versions of various EU works. And it isn't always just for the sake of visual harmony.

Out of curiosity, did you also make sure to get the Endnotes and the individual issues (for the unique info at the start of each)?

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 8

Jul 19, 1999
    That's a point does that hardback omnibus have the endotes? I know the 3rd edition onwards of DE1 didn't have them.

4. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I believe the final hardback omnibus edition from Dark Horse does not have the endnotes. They are easy to get, of course. They're in the original issues or the first and second editions of the trade. Hyperspace also put out digital files.

It amazes me how Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire have yet to be reprinted in the Epic Collection line. Marvel could do good work with a complete artwork presentation for both.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  5. sidv88

sidv88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    I have the hardback omnibus, and it's annoying because the "when this takes place" page is wrong, stating 10 years after ROTJ instead of 10 years after ANH. It's clear they mixed them up.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  6. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    There are also the signed hardback editions that were advertised in issues of Star Wars Insider in the 90s. I've never much looked through those. The endnotes are out-of-print unless they are republished in a future Epic Collection of Dark Empire.

7. President Bossk

President Bossk Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2019
    They just did the Thrawn trilogy in the new republic epic volume 4, so unless there is some other new republic comic between thrawn and dark empire I'm missing, Dark Empire should be volume 5.

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Lucas knew what a Sith war and said for Zahn not to touch it. He just didn't have anywhere to explain it.

After all, Palpatine was never a Jedi.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2016
    One thing I realized though when re-reading Dark Empire...They never say Palpatine is not a Sith.

10. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Could be, but I bet there will be a reason to hold off.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019