main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Dark Empire Trilogy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthDeviousTX, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Imagine if Thrawn and Palpatine joined forces to destroy the New Republic then battle the Vong after that

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    They would have made a good team. Palpatine has the political skill Thrawn lacks and Thrawn can win battles. Octiavian and Agripa.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    One problem: The Emperor does not team up with anyone. Ever.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Plus would Thrawn even want that too?

I feel like even he might be a little "This is kinda crazy even for me this whole Dark Empire thing"

5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Well by team up I mean, Thrawn serves.

he did save Palpatine from a dark Jedi before, so it's not like this would be new to him.

He likely would just view them as new resources. I mean he used C'Baoth.

Jedi Ben and Jid123Sheeve like this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

True and (Not trying to be a Thrawn defender Thrawn is bad)

But at least Thrawn knew C'Boath was a insane clone and not a fully skilled Dark Jedi (He even says that in the book) so he knows that the Emperor might be a bit more up the Darkside pay grade.

But then again he might see it as a good tool.

7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    But he also knows the Emperor and knows about some of his secrets so he could be more involved in this than most people think.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thrawn: Exegol

After purging the Porgs from the galaxy* a new challenge beckons in a new trilogy.

* 0.01% of Porgs escaped to Aach-To

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Imagine if “Supreme Admiral Thrawn” commanded the Sith Eternal Navy in Rise of Skywalker.

AusStig likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've never liked that idea of introducing Thrawn in the third movie....He'd be both a distraction and probably would't have had enough of a role to be worth doing it unless he was the focus.

11. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

If he is the one sent to destroy Kijimi and they leave him as a loose end that could still be alive after Exegol it might work!

But it be more to my liking if they introduced Thrawn in the third movie by having the Chimaera jump in along the People Fleet declaring the Empire of the Hand fights against the Sith!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    QuinlanSolo likes this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    That could have been fun haha.

But he might have been thrawn in name only, funnily enough we have a thread about this

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...eimagines-and-recanonization.50056031/page-17

Feel free to check it out.

13. Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire is what the Sequel Trilogy should have been

14. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    He would get defeated by Space Whales again.

ColeFardreamer and AusStig like this.
  15. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    So long it is not a strandcast consisting of Thrawnpatine!

Golbolco likes this.
  16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I request elaboration.

17. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    We know Legends had Thrawn clone himself... so did Palpatine... why not put 1+1 together? Palpatine does not like to share fame but wants Thrawns genius much like he wanted Vaders power and Skywalker Chosen One potential. So why not add it to himself through cloning and strandcasting?

Likewise, what if Thrawn tried to get Forcesensitive via someones samples... but all Mount Tantiss gave him are samples already mixed with Palpatine DNA?

Cue Thrawnpatine... evil genius mastermind and strategist skilled in politics and warfare and the Force!

Unless that is what became Rey's dad... lacking the Force but genius?

Strandcast Thrawnpatine would probably be defeated by Ewoks riding Spacewhales though!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I like to think that reason Palpatine Jr has no force is that Palpatine tired to manipulate his DNA to make him ultra-forcy.

but mixing Palpatine and Thrawn, does not seem like a good mix, I mean what colour would the hair be?

19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

red and blue striped hair... and he wears white Sith Robes with golden epaulettes!

20. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    There's also that cloning facility in the Jaden Korr novels (Crosscurrent and Riptide) that I believe was overseen by Thrawn (or had some kind of connection to him) and had clones of Jedi that used Palpatine DNA. Makes me wonder if (in Legends and maybe even current Canon) the two exchanged notes on cloning or something.

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Thrawn oversaw the facility at some point yeah. The DNA came from many known/unknown past Jedi and Sith Lords and many cases Dark Jedi enforcers that served under Palpatine and the Empire . Apparently Palpatine's blood was on file and maybe used to created a clone replica but there was confirmed clones of Mara Jade, Kam Solusar, Roganda, Lumiya among others including Korr.

In the EU, Force sensitive clones were often unstable and prone to madness among other genetic defects. That kinda became the universal rule and precedent starting with Zahn's Heir to the Empire and its sourcebook in Star Wars. In order to get a perfect or near perfect specimen one needed to clone the subject like a hundred times or more.

There was also project Maulkiller overseen by Vader on Kamino, the hybrid clone was too dangerous even for Vader. The file stated that the subject's different genetic material led to mental and physical disabilities which led to its destruction. There was many of the Galen Marek aberrant clones which were not stable but left alive in their canisters and in the end only two clones of Marek proved usable. The hundreds of aberrant clones were unleashed by Vader on Starkiller but were all destroyed during the battle on Kamino.

22. after Return of the Jedi is not rare too see many clones just like X-1 amd X-2 Marek Clone the Stormtroopers Clones from Sa Cuis Luuke

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  23. What if Maul Killer is the Maul who fight Darth Krayt in Legacy ?

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably not for Maulkiller, since Maulkiller was somehow dead before events of the TFU II game. The hybrid clone also didnt look much like Maul, had a white-silvery skin with black tattoos and a what looked like skin grafted metal horns in a mowhawk-like pattern. The facial pattern also more resembled Marek/Starkiller.

Lucas was up for a clone or descendant of Maul set in the Legacy era which would've been well past his version of the ST, but it appeared like Maul was gonna be Maul in that game. The One Sith was interested in cloning and did send agents to infiltrate that ex-Thrawn supervised cloning facility that Jaden Korr came across. So there could've been a connection there with Maul's DNA and a clone could've been created at some point during that era.

Golbolco likes this.
  25. Palpatine act more like the Palpatine from the movies in Dark Empire 1 in Dark Empire 2 and 3 he act very different is the Sidious persona just like i read here before he is not Palpatine The Chancellor or Palpatine The Emperor anymore he is just Sidious

AusStig likes this.