main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Mirror (AU, Luke, Mara, Jacen, Han, Leia, Jaina, Pellaeon, Thrawn, others, COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Alright! Another post. And still more to come! Sweet!

Way to go Gandolf, can't wait for more!

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Whee!

"Awesome, can't wait for more!! Also, didn't Fel have more than one kid?"

Yea, they had like 12. 1/3 of them are dead though, they died while fighting an unknown force in the Unknown Regions.

3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    *puts eyes back into sockets* that was great! Now that they're surrendering, what happens now?

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    So, I wonder if this new Empire is going to treat prisoners any better than the vong.

Fel had 5 offspring according to Ruin.

5. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    I'm betting slave labor or prison camps. I wonder if the Empire still has an anti-alien bias? You'd think Han would do something for the Wookiees; plus Thrawn appears to be in on better terms with leadership than in the 'standard' GFFA if that's what you want to call it. Anyway, that might have a great deal to do with prisoner treatment.

I also suspect that the new Empire would be less likely to alter the entire infrastucture of a planet like the vong. One advantage the NR will have is that they will be dealing with an enemy that thinks on the same level as them. Targets that are valuable to the NR will likewise be valuable to the Empire.

I wonder how the Remnant will react to this Empire? Will they throw over their support, or side with the NR? What about the Hand of Thrawn?

Questions, questions, questions...

6. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Gandolf said that the Dark Empire universe is accualy peaceful... or that what I understand it to be. Luke is a more fair ruler than Palps was. He seems to be doing all he cane for everyone. Remeber, he compinsated the Mon Calamri and Quarren for the destruction of their planet.

7. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Emperor Skywalker understands that the more you tighten your grip, the more systems will slip through your grasp. Where Palpatine shut himself away from the Galaxy, Luke is on every news station, presented as a dynamic strong willed and intelligent leader.

Emperor Luke is very nearly as evil as Palpatine, as is the Empress. They've just read the Evil Overlords list of things to do and not to do ;P
    Link: http://minievil.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

The compensation of the surviving Mon Calamari (all 10000 or so of them) was a political gesture only. It certainly wasn't because he actaully cared about the fish.
    ===================================================

Chapter IV

Jacen Solo shifted in the cockpit of the TIE Advanced fighter. He had come to Dubrillion along with his twin sister and younger brother. He looked over the controls of the unfamiliar ship, so different from his XJ-Wing.

The XJ-Wing was the newest Republic Starfighter, an improved version of the old T-65. They were slowly replacing older modal X-Wings and E-Wings, but so far only Star Destroyers, Elite Squadrons, and Jedi had them. Jacen had received his because he fit into the latter category.

Or at least he had. Now, he wasn?t so sure.

He still heard the Force from time to time, like the wind whistling by a window, but he had resisted touching it for power. And on those few times he listened to the wind, he knew he was making the right choice. Right now, his destiny lay along different lines.

He wanted to find out who Jacen Solo was. So many of the Jedi were only defined themselves as Jedi. Anakin and his sister were as much like that as Kyp or Wurth. Only a few of the Jedi, ones like his Aunt and Uncle, like Corran, Tionne and Kam, seemed to truly see themselves. The one thing they all had in common was that they didn?t solve all their problems with the Force. They were Jedi, but they were people first.

Jacen had seen their example, and tried to emulate it. He tried to live as an ordinary person did, not touching the Force. By his logic, only by doing so could he truly understand the people of the galaxy, and only through understanding could he truly help.

His brother and sister didn?t understand, and neither did his mother or many other Jedi. Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara didn?t quite, but unlike most, they supported him in his decision. ?The Force speaks to us all with a different voice? his uncle had said.

Jacen launched his TIE, and then turned on his sensors to track his brother. Anakin was flying the systems asteroid belt, just as Jacen soon would be. The previous year, Jaina had shattered the old record, held by Kyp Durron.

The object of the run was to spend the most time in the belt, flying against the flow of rock. Shields, powered by a special station protected the TIE?s from the dangers inherit in the game.

Anakin was setting an excellent time, and Jacen saw he would be high on the board. Sure enough, he eventually lasted twenty minutes before an unseen boulder knocked him out of the belt.

Jacen wondered if he?d brag this year. The last time they had been here, with his parents, and his aunt and uncle, Anakin had tried to rub in that he?d beaten Jacen, taking it as an indication his view of the Force was superior. And then Jaina had smugly pointed out she had lasted over five times as long as either of them, a full twenty seven minutes, twenty eight seconds.

And Aunt Mara had overheard.

Mara had persuaded Luke to run the belt, to teach her new family humility. Luke had reluctantly got into the cockpit, and set about teaching the Solo kids something by example.

He flew almost casually, as if he had all the time in the world, even though he was at full speed, far faster than any of them had gone. He was using the Force, and made it look easy. And then, when he had beaten Jaina?s record, the real show began.

He reset his timer, and let go of the Force. Han and Lando had thought something went wrong when Luke cut his speed to barely a quarter of what it had been, which was still twice

8. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Nice character development! I'm left wondering though if Jacen, in his current state of mind, would want to participate in the asteroid run even without using the Force. Seems like such a petty competitive exercise for one so philosophic.

I like that Luke made the run & put everyone shame. About time folks were reminded of his talent!

9. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Right on! Go Master-Pilot Luke!

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Your characters are taking interesting turns. It will be nice to see where they all fit in the scheme of things.

11. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    Interesting, the way you've portrayed the Solo children... and I loved the way you showed Luke thrashing everyone... about time!

12. JEDIAKASH

JEDIAKASH Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2000
    What an excellent post, and truly profound view of the Force and its purpose. I like the way you have chosen Jacen's path, and I think that it is very possible. I don't like the way Anakin and Jaina are, but again, it's completely possible, considering their characters in EU. Are you going to kill off the Dozen and Two? Or perhaps, the Force comes to those it will and shall triumph in the end. :)

13. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    "

?You assume too much,? muttered Jacen as Kyp walked away.
    "
    ah, pure Star Wars. :) I love how you had Luke show them all up.
    I can just see it, taking prisoners:
    "What's your name?"
    "Jacen Solo."
    "SOLO!"
    "Yes, Loran?"

:D

14. Keila_

Jul 1, 2000
    LOL! Some Dark Universe characters are about to get a BIG shock!

15. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
  16. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    U
    p
    p
    e
    r
    s

17. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000

Danni slowly walked down the ramp, towards the massive complex, which would soon be her home. Her prison. She looked around, flinching as she did so. It was Belkadan, but it was dead, a hideous parody of the world she had never realized how much she had come to love.

Dust clouded up from her footsteps, hanging in the air for a moment, then being blown away by the dry wind. Above, yellow skies thick with brown clouds of dust and pollution swirled, blown around by the higher winds.

She noticed with a slightly detached, horrified emotion, a rock on which she had sat to record notes. It should have been mostly covered with moss, and under a large spreading tree. Instead, it was only recognizable by shape, and it was blackened, with no line of life around it.

She realized she had stopped too long when one of the Stormtroopers prodded her in the back with the butt of his gun. She stumbled forwards, catching herself before she fell.

?Move along!? the Stormtrooper said, sounding like he wanted her to stop, so that he would be able to justify further violence. Even the Stormtroopers were different, wearing armor that seemed able to change colors. Danni hurried after the rest of the ExGal team, who were almost uniformly frightened looking.

Almost uniformly, noticed Danni. Sharpe was looking quite confident for some reason. A gnawing suspicion took root in Danni?s mind, which was quickly confirmed as an Imperial Lieutenant saluted the man.

?You traitor!? she screamed impulsively. As soon as the words were out of her mouth she regretted them, for numerous reasons. For one thing, if he really did have rank here, he could make life very difficult for her for that. Plus it sounded like something from a bad holodrama.

Sharpe turned and saluted her mockingly. ?I am many things, but I?m not a traitor. I?ve served the Empire long and loyally every day of my life.?

One of the Stormtroopers tried to shove her along again, but Sharpe waved them away. ?You and your fellows are going to be kept here for a while, while you are debriefed about what you know about your home galaxy.?

Danni?s blood ran cold at that. She had seen the portal, seen this awful mirror of Belkadan, and seen this new Empire. But she hadn?t yet truly understood until that moment. This galaxy was not their own.

Sharpe watched as she worked her way through what he had said, what it meant, and smiled thinly. ?You can call me Garik, by the way. It is my name. Captain Garik Loran?

Danni blinked. The resemblance hadn?t been a coincidence after all. He was just this galaxies version of him. Suddenly, she couldn?t help but wonder if there was another Danni Quee in this galaxy as well.

?What is to become of us?? she asked, unconsciously bracing herself to be hit again. ?Are we going to be slaves, or just killed off??

Captain Loran considered for a moment before responding. ?I suppose it will do very little harm to tell you. You will be prisoners here for a short time, as you are reeducated. You will be taught this galaxies history, and your skills will be evaluated. Prove that you can be useful, and you?ll be given a new position within the Empire, to serve its glory. Whether you serve it working in a factory or in a palace is entirely up to you.? His voice took on a resonance, and she knew he was slipping back into old acting habits, that he was probably repeating a portion of someone else?s speech.

Danni wondered what he meant by ?reeducation,? and shuddered as images of Imperial brainwashing and mind control programs swam up in her head. ?And if we don?t cooperate?? she asked, trying to hide her reaction.

?Then you?ll spend the rest of your natural life on this ruin? said Loran, and motioned for her to follow him. Danni looked around, and saw that only they and the Stormtroopers were still outside. She stared at Loran?s back, wishing she had the power to do something, to wipe that arrogant smirk off his face.

Instead, she continued to ask questions. ?And how did it become a ruin?? It certainly wasn?t in her own Galaxy.

?We us

18. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Well that answered the question about Jagged's siblings. I knew better than to try to guess their fate. But now I'm speculating. What will other universe Fel do when he meets his GFFA children? Could this be a weak point for the invaders?

19. JEDIAKASH

JEDIAKASH Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2000
    Excellent post, Gandolf. I was shuddering with Danni on that pseudo-(or is it real)Belkadan. Beautiful characterization with Baron Fel. He is truly a legend, no matter what universe. I hope more is forthcoming, in a very slim timetable.

20. Keila_

Jul 1, 2000
    Good post Gandolf, I liked your characterisations on this one, specially Danni. More post...PLEASE.... I'm looking forward to when people start meeting their doubles, specially Luke and Mara.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    One also has to wonder how truly evil Luke's and Mara's doppelgangers really are. They supposedly truly love one another. But love has no place in the Dark Side. In fact, from what we saw in the 'real' GFFA between Anakin and Luke, love vanquishes the Dark Side. It'll truly be interesting to see both sides clash when they finally meet. Keep going Gandalf!

22. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Great post there. I was wondering what had happened to the other kids and Syal. Hmm...since in the canon/real galaxy, Jagged is part of the Imperial Remnant, would he and his family join up with the AU Imps?
    The mind boggles.

23. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Well that answered the issued of the Fel kids. Amazing posts Gandolf... hope to see some more soon. [face_clown]>

24. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Yes, very good stuff! I love the characterization of Grand Admiral Fel. It makes him very real.

Queiro mucho mas! =)

25. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Whew!

Now I'm all caught up and ready for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.