main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN New Sith Trials: Dark Reach: Episode I: An Order Remade

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jul 1, 2019.

1. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Darth Iudex
    Arriving at Hapes

As distasteful as the Falleen had originally found the notion of once again traveling aboard a starship, he had quickly tossed the idea aside, burying himself within the provided briefing on the politics of the Hapes Consortium. This would be his first test, for which he would forever be judged against, it would make the coming days far easier if it went smoothly.

Iudex leaned backwards in his chair, kicking his feet up onto a side table as he idly flicked through his datapad. Matriarchy, led by someone called a 'Queen Mother'. Dominant social class prefers assassinations over direct conflict.. Iudex scowled, taking the moment to run a hand through his hair.

Great. He thought with a resigned sigh. These Hapan sound just like the Homeworld.. He cast a sidelong look towards the seated form of Insipid. ..Certainly looks the part of a politician.. Even better..

Iudex bit into a nutrient bar he had kept floating nearby, shaking aside the discontent rising from within. If he had to slip back into the role of a good Falleen noble, so be it.

Culturally distinct from Humanity, even if visually similar. Aggressively isolationist for over a millennium.. Iudex's scowl deepened as the similarities between the Hapan and the Falleen became more and more evident. View themselves as a race to be superior to all others.. especially in terms of personal.. beauty..

He scratched at his chin, an errant thought catching his attention. I wonder if these Hapan and the Falleen share a common ancestor of sorts.. We're far too alike for these to be all but coincidences..

-----

The hours came and went without incident. In the final hour before their arrival, Iudex had set down the datapad, content that his knowledge of the Consortium would get him through his mission. From initial assumptions, he had resigned himself to play the part of a Falleen noble, a lone diplomat sent from the homeworld to improve relations between the generally isolationist peoples.

Iudex stifled a chuckle at the painful irony of his situation. After all these years trying to get away from his family name, it seemed fate had ordained a different path. Oh, if only you could see me now, brother.. He thought humorlessly.

With a wayward glance to Insipid, Iudex rose from his chair and took a position in front of the ship's communications console, grunting as he sank into the far too soft seat. An automated chime indicating an incoming call rang from the console. It was time for the show to begin.

His skin pigmentation slowly shifted from his normal deep bronze to a subtler, friendlier green. Following along with the apparent latest trend, Iudex had also let his hair fall loose, accentuating his angular facial features in a manner he hoped the Hapan would find in some way attractive. The reports did on numerous occasions mention their penchant for beauty, after all.

Iudex begrudgingly tapped at the console, opening a channel with the nearby Hapan naval vessel.

Galney spoke up. "This is Ducha Galney of the Hapan Royal Navy. I note you are in an ambassadorial shuttle of Hapan design but have no record of your pending arrival. Please prepare to be boarded."

Iudex raised an eyebrow, not surprised at this 'Galney's' abruptness. The reports were clear in the Hapan Consortium's displeasure at an arrival of an unexpected vessel within their borders. The force trembled momentarily, a pulse of displeasure radiating outwards from Insipid. Hmph. No boarding then, I presume.. Iudex thought, pondering his options.

He raised a hand in greeting, a disarming smile growing on his face. "Aha! The Illustrious Ducha Galney herself!" He clasped his hands together, voice steeped in admiration. "I would have never imagined someone of your station bestowing such an honor to a lowly man such as myself!" Iudex beamed outwardly as he gently probed at her mind through the force.

"Your scans are correct, Ducha, this vessel is in fact of Hapan design, gifted by House AlGray to my late grandmother of House Myrthic." Iudex expression saddened somewhat. "I am saddened to hear that my late Mother and Grandmother's name have been forgotten in the time since their passing.." He said, dropping his voice an octave. "It had been the hope of the current head of House Myrthic, my aunt, that our House and the Hapes Consortium could.. reforge our relationship, and enjoy the combined fruits of our labor, as was done before."

Finding an opening, Iudex, through an easy-going smile, began implanting vague memories within the mind of Ducha Galney, faint notions of Deja vu for the name of House Myrthic. She would recall seeing that name from somewhere before, perhaps in an old article or manifest of some kind, a fleeting sense of familiarity, but nothing more, for the moment at least.

Iudex's warm smile returned. "Now, as much as I would enjoy being in the company of such a historic figure such as yourself, I was given explicit directions when it came to who I could report to.." His voice faltered. Iudex's smile turning sheepish. "I can technically only speak to the Ducha of House AlGray.. I would certainly hate to keep her waiting, as well as take up any more of your precious time.."

Iudex trailed off, thickening the "blanket" of familiarity he had begun to wrap around the mind of the Ducha. If successful, the ruse would be accepted, for the moment, and they would be allowed on their way. If not.. Well.. Iudex would allow them to board, and change tact. He much preferred to be up close and personal anyways..

Tag: @Sinrebirth (Apologies for the delayed post)

2. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun with @greyjedi125 and @Sinrebirth

IC Hunger and Hate
    Time for Reckoning

Hunger felt the Terminus breakup and the seeming disappearance of Wapoe. He hissed through his teeth, he would deal with that situation later. Slowly he stalked down the hallway, blocking a blaster bolt or edged weapon from troops that rushed him, the Force pulsing as he moved, slamming the bodies against walls. A simple phrase pulsed out from him, filled with malice and the knowledge that Death stalked the Resurgent, ’Face us, Hux, face us and accept your fate. No ship will remove you from our judgement.’

He came upon another hasty barricade in the corridor, in the distance beyond he could see the red armor of Hux’s guard. Sighing at the men willing to sacrifice themselves for this man who was proving more and more his cowardice he lifted one blade, a blast of Lightning shot from the tip, slicing the barricade to ribbons. Lowering his blade he sent another wave of energy before him, slamming the debris into the troops firing from behind it. A smile touched his lips at the blaster marks on his armor and the smoking holes in his cloak, ’They never learn.’

He sensed Hate in the distance, knew his brother in arms approached as well. He reached out and inquired, ’As one?’

The systematic decimation of stormtroopers wrought by the unbridled fury of Lord Hate could be construed as ‘savage artistry’ by some cynical spectator, who’d find himself subsequently cut down right after making the pronouncement. Fueled by the very pulse of conflict, the zabrak Sith Lord tirelessly ascended level after level, slaying all who stood in his way, without mercy and without remorse. They could not know, or understand, that for a being who had engaged both Luke Skywalker and Sian Kronos in Mortal Combat, mere stormtroopers were hardly a challenge, even in their present numbers.

Frankly, he had lost count of those who fell to his blade, all that mattered was the mission.

So much so, that even sensing the loss of the Terminus did not slow him down, did not cause him to hesitate, or falter for even a second. In fact, the event served to increase his seemingly endless reserves of vehemence. Manticore would become the very agent of their Retribution against the First Order. Their service to the Sith would not be without purpose.

At last, Manticore found himself on the same level as Lord Hunger. At once, he cast an appreciative glance at the Anzati’s handy work. Not too shabby or much different from the trail of destruction he’d left in his wake. He needn’t look back as the acrid smell of smoke and death, along the sounds of explosions and the roar of fire heralded his arrival.

It was tragic when one perished in ignorance, but such could not be helped at this time. Too much was at stake and greater fates hung in the balance. Manticore kept his confrontation with the riot geared troopers brief, as he simply caused them to burst in flames at a glance.

Once they had been dispatched, he spared a glance towards Bernael, whom he acknowledged with a slow and respectful nod. Manticore’s eyes seemed ablaze as he gauged the Crimson Praetorian Guard. The zabrak allowed himself a predatory smile as he rolled his shoulder and neck. These were reputed to be well trained combatants and worthy warriors, which were presumably skilled in the Martial Arts. Manticore wondered at that, seeing their weapons as more-than-just a bit cumbersome.

Manticore was ready. He did not look to Lord Hunger. He did not need to. The zabrak simply twirled his weapon in hand as he answered through the Force.

As one.

Hunger approached the Red Guard, slowly, as he sensed that they were more than what they appeared. He’d scoffed initially that they appeared no more than a ceremonial guard but as he approached he watched as they shifted into combat stances and their seemingly unwieldy staffs spun as though they were matchsticks, in their hands.

His talons extended, on feet and hands, and he shook himself out from the previous combat, boosting slightly, no need to use up all his energy on this fight, but just to give an extra edge. To test how well protected or ready the Guard was he sent a shaft of lightning at the two closest. A small smile touched his face as they deflected a portion of it with their polearms and the remainder splashed against their armor, making them take a step back but recovering quickly.

He sped up his pace, almost to a normal running one, no need to give away that he was faster, stronger, and more agile. As he came within a pair of steps one of the two tossed his staff to another further behind and drew a pair of long daggers. Hunger swept one saber through the space where the legs of the nearest stood. His smile broadened as that Guard leapt over his saber, swinging his polearm down toward Hunger’s chest.

Ducking around the sweep of the blade, Hunger swung his other saber in a diagonal from the shoulder to hip of the second Guard. A chuckle escaped him as that guard caught his saber in the X of his daggers as he crossed them by his shoulder. He heard the squeal of his saber glancing off the armor even still. Spinning and pulling his saber from the block he aimed another sweeping slash at the joint of the knee in this Guards armor. As his head whipped around to judge the correct angle for the sweep, he saw Lord Hate engaging his first foes at the other end of the narrow space.

Unlike Lord Hunger, Manticore did not reduce his already enhanced combat proficiency, for he had a plan. Hux was a fool. Even if he had somehow managed to invade Yag’Dhul, did he think the New Republic would simply allow him to stage a siege of the planet? The man was too enamored of his seizable toys and understood nothing, that much was clear.

Lord Hate lunged at two of the Red armored guards and engaged them, his saber flashing as he began a deadly dance with them. He parried and blocked their strikes, time and time again as he took note of how they coordinated to take him down. He evaded their attempts to hack-off his limbs and noted how they interfered for each other when he countered with a deadly ripostes. These two seemed to have trained together, or so he surmised.

Inwardly, he was pleased that Bernael was also faring exceedingly well. Manticore wanted Hux to experience the feeling of crushing failure and defeat before he met his end, knowing that nothing he did here would succeed.

The dance between Manticore and the two guards became frenzied, even as the zabrak found out that their armor was resistant to lightsaber blades, but not to the force. Slowly, Manticore began to increase the temperature inside their armor, burning up the oxygen they needed to breathe and remain proficient. These armored guard fought well indeed. Their training was solid. The zabrak Sith Lord was satisfied with what he was shown.

“Join us.” He rasped as they fought on, clearly determined in their warrior ways. “Hux is a fool on a fool's errand. The culling has begun. Stand strong with us, do not let your hard won prowess be for nothing.”

Manticore would prefer to take these warriors alive, but death would come if they refused. He had no doubt they could sense this. Lord Hate did not ‘need’ these men, he merely wished to acquire them for a greater purpose, thus he was in perfect accordance with whatever ‘judgement’ Lord Hunger brought upon the ones he faced.

Hux and his Fleet of Fools was the mission, after all.

There was a pause in the tableau as the Guards absorbed his words, though it was broken by the airlock cycling over and Hux tumbling through. The Guards looked to each other, and then were abruptly grabbed by the throat in the Force and slammed into the wall on either side of the entrance to the hangar.

They dropped to the floor, unconscious but not dead -

A dark chuckle floated through from the hangar.

Manticore's fiery eyes simply observed as the Red Guards were flung like rag dolls against the ship's bulkheads, then crumpled to the unforgiving floor, unconscious. The zabrak Sith Lord narrowed his eyes and snarled, largely ignoring Hux when he tumbled out through the doors. Aside from Lord Hunger, Manticore had not sensed another force sensitive of worth during his assault, so this was an unexpected development. Neither did he recognize the dark chuckle that floated around them. No matter, this was the nature of all conflict and he would meet it as a Sith would.

Sparing but the briefest glance towards Bernael, Manticore readied his body, his mind and his weapon to meet this unexpected adversary.

Hunger paused as his foes were whipped away from him. Scanning the corridor he observed that every Red Guard present had been slammed against the walls and were lying unconscious on the floor. Hux too seemed to have been thrown back through the airlock.

The laugh that followed seemed eerily familiar. He rolled his shoulders, gathered his power, drinking in a soul as he did. He stepped forward a pace, to where he could see into the hangar, to a degree, without being in sight of whoever may be inside. ”Could it possibly be….”

[​IMG]

TAGS: @greyjedi125, @Sinrebirth

3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Serapis, Helinith, Renn and Insipid
    The dressing down on Insipid's Shuttle

Serapis was taking his seat as Insipid called for "one sentence" from each. He thought better than starting the conversation, as his task was a bit obvious. He knew, however, the conversation was supposed to be about the Hapan result. And that Helinith felt quite bad about it. He instead poured support into the Force for his apprentice, just to give her some confidence in her presentation.

Helinith‘s nervous energy was still nibbling at her feet. Almost as soon as Insipid had finished, she opened her mouth and blurted out:

“Once upon a time Helinith and Renn went to go visit a Hapan monarch whose womb is inept at producing a heir to try and convince her to give them a fleet so they landed at the palace, and had on a super intimidating look that made the dude meeting them almost crap his pants but then he mentioned something about Ta’a having guests so they decided to rein it in a bit and it is just as well they did because there was FREAKIN PRINCESS LEIA and she was all casual like ‘Ta’a who are your guests’ and Ta’a diverted the question, because of course she did so I was all “we’re from Pion” because I might have slightly panicked slightly but only slightly because the only thing I could think of was the bubble gum advert,” (here Helinith took a huge breath) “and then I was all ‘crap crap crap’ so I messaged you to give you the heads up and then Ta’a was all like totally cosying up to the republic and we were all ‘you can’t do that’ only diplomatiCALLY,” (another big breath) “and she was all ‘totes can’ and Renn was like ‘well then I’m not gonna be your plaything’ and she was like ‘you can’t do that’ and we were all like ‘err yes we can’ and then she got really annoyed and set droids on us and Leia and then there was a lot of shooting and some kickass moves with epic Renn-Helinith team up awesome stuff and we found out that Luke Skywalker is looking for Kesh because the grey neck told the republic 'bout it and, and I blew up a throne and they blew up our shuttle then we jumped over a waterfall.”

She mimed a small splash to finish her story off.

Renn was not surprised that Serapis had left the floor open for Helinith and him to respond first. After all, the chaos that was currently ongoing happened in their area of responsibility, or at least the chaos that had already erupted. His mind raced to find the right words to describe all that had happened and why it had led to where they were now.

Just as he was about to respond he felt Helinith’s nervous energy boil over and her words flew out before he could open his mouth. He stood, in rapt attention as he hoped she would take a breath somewhere in her speaking, not so he could respond, but just so she didn’t pass out. As she wound down, he stepped up to her side, half a pace behind her.

Pouring a little energy into her his eyes met those of the Emperor. ”I could have, perhaps, worded that a bit differently but Helinith has given a good recount of what has happened, save that Han Solo appeared with the Millennium Falcon just as Lord Serapis was retrieving us from the remains of our shuttle, and rescued Leia before they, almost immediately, jumped into hyper.”

Insipid listened, eyes narrowing. There was at least one or two things missing there; Helinith wasn’t perfect on details when she was worked up.

The Hapan situation panned our largely how he thought, but Leia and Luke knowing about Kesh - but not where it is - was concerning. He had to deal with Cocytus personally, it seemed, and not after Sian and Merel. He’d need to check in with Manticore and Bernael at some point.

His finger still up, he slid it to Serapis. “Your sentence, too. Only fair I have all commentary before I decide what to do.”

Serapis sat, mouth agape, considering all that had been said. He was surprised at all that was put into two sentences. Though his Basic professor at the Ithorian academy would have had a grand old time.

He looked back to Insipid. He took a calming breath and thought. Then, he said, "The only thing I'd add is that we added a bit of confusion to Luke's assumptions via his sister." Serapis resisted going further. Good enough for now. He closed his mouth and sat back.

Insipid wagged a finger, taking in Renn, then Serapis, then Helinith. He was caught in a pendulum of decision. With a little bit more information...

He kept his tone even for now.

“So why aren’t the Hapans shooting at us? Why was Serapis able to land and take a shuttle with relative ease? Doesn’t Ta’a have a male son anyway? And doesn’t she have a sister who has daughters and thus a strong claim, too? Do we know where the Royal Family is now?”

He asked all three of them; he didn’t expect all of them to know all the answers.

“Because if you answer all my questions correctly; I know what we’re going to do.”

Ahhh, now we can speak freely... Serapis thought. "Because they're duplicitous bit- er... not nice people. I got my shuttle from Secciah. She wants a non-agression pact. Honestly, sir, these two did well, all things considered. Don't ever send me back here, again... please."

Renn knew now that should Insipid wish to turn him into kindling it was not yet, soon perhaps but not yet. Nodding to Serapis, ”Ta’a does indeed have a son, Lord Insipid. Last report had him on the Rifle Worlds but I am sure that will have changed after Ta’a’s backstabbing. She has yet been unable to produce a female heir. However Secciah, Lord Serapis benefactor there, does have daughters which has rallied Hapans behind her. I would suspect those of the Royal Family that are here are buried deeply in their Palace, or soon to reemerge, under the incorrect assumption that we have departed.”

Helinith pondered the first question.
    "Maybe Ta'a just wanted to make a show of force..."
    No that doesn't make sense, why blow up the shuttles?
    She shrugged. "Royal temper tantrum?"
    Royally pissed off.
    She chuckled to herself at the thought, inwardly.

Serapis nodded vigorously at Helinith's comment. "Royal temper tantrum, indeed. I don't think she knows what she (or her system) want. A non-agression pact would work for us, though. We could take over systems without the Hapans coming down on us. Same with Snoke."

Renn’s bark darkened slightly and a small smile came over his face. ”Yes, a tantrum, she was made aware of some changes in people by a Leia who couldn’t accept that she’d been beaten in a diplomatic conversation and it got ugly.”

He considered Serapis’ words then, trying to hurry forward before a specific someone read too far into what he’d just said, ”A non-aggression pact may work but I basically did promise Ta’a that she’d received the same judgement her mother did for her betrayal. And I doubt Secciah would object to that.”

Helinith beamed.
    "Your political diplomacy was pretty brilliant though. I thought for sure Ta'a was gonna have kittens at one point and the only reason Leia remained unflustered was because she has a ton of experience."

Insipid looked at them as they spoke, and then looked from Helinith to Renn, and back again. There was no point asking Serapis; as a former Ithorian he would not pick up on the rest of it... but Insipid knew Helinith and she only looked this happy when she had candy or something fluffy.

Or the other thing.

Well.

That may cause an issue for his plan.

He lazily asked the next question. "Ta'a Chume was attracted to you, Renn, I recall. I take it that her explosion was connected to that?"

Insipid tried to look neutral, but he allowed a sense of sympathy roll into the Force between him and Serapis.

Poor man, if he had been caught in the middle of any of this.

Serapis looked away and put a hand over his mouth, as he suppressed a chuckle. Flirting can be harmless unless jealousy gets in the mix. He was thinking of a woman on Ithor he'd had a brief, but tempestuous, relationship with...

Renn blushed, it felt like down to his roots, this time. But an insouciant grin sprang onto his face, he would not apologize or feel sorry for how he or Helinith felt. In an almost drawl, ”Weeelllll, yes, as a matter of fact it was.”

He moved up directly next to Helinith now, one hand gently touching her shoulder, ”Cliffs Notes version, two people realized how much they care about one another and someone else,” cough, cough ”the damnable Leia,” his grin broadened even more, ”played dirty when she figured it out and knew she couldn’t beat me in a diplomatic debate. I must say, my Craziness showed admirable restraint for not immediately trying to gut both her and Ta’a when it began.”

As he spoke he opened his emotions a fraction and allowed Insipid, and Serapis, to sense the depth of feeling that was already present between Helinith and himself.

Helinith's face felt hot and she squirmed in the seat she had just taken, embarrassed that this was all coming out so soon, and in front of the former master too, of all people. She would have rather he found out in several months time with a hastily scribbled note, sent from several star systems away.

"It sounds awful mushy if you say it like that." She mumbled, pleased at Renn's words but still very much abashed. His hand on her shoulder was comforting though; there was a nice weight to it.

Pondering to herself she mused aloud, "I think my diplomatic insult probably didn't help, although I think I must be getting better at politics if I can make someone want to try and kill me without raising a lightsaber."

Mirth danced in her eyes before she could stop it. Despite the absence of a loyal fleet, she was not at all sorry for that expertly crafted taunt.

Insipid’s gaze bore into the two of them, flicking briefly over to Serapis who did seem to have ‘clocked on’ at last. His face was reddened in a blush, and Insipid felt a smile tug at his lips in-spite of himself.

“Very good, my old apprentice,” his mouth gaped for a moment in thought, keeping in mind Serapis was her new Master, to rebuild any skills fade that had occurred in the years since Insipid had trained her and now. “Ah, I am obligated of course to remind Renn of the consequences of breaking your heart, but I do bless the union, of course.”

He felt like an elder monarch, who approved all the matches at Court to prevent two powerful families coming together; not that he had anything to fear from them. The moment caught him, and so he cleared his throat to return them to reality. “But we will be returning to Hapes to secure what was promised.”

His gaze swept over them, his voice righteous. “I shall require you to show no mercy. To wipe them out; all of those in my path. The palace staff will reveal to us where the Royal Family is sequestered...” A cracked smile drifted across his lips. “Or they will die.”

Renn stood there, frozen, as he had waited for Insipid to say something about the two of them. As the Emperor did and Renn tasted the emotions the man was feeling a thought came to him. He continued to try not to let the internal mirth he was feeling show but he realized he couldn’t. Opening his mind to Helinith, ’Ohhhh, Craziness, wish you could tell what your old Master is thinking, and I can’t help it but I have to tease him for it.’

Moments later a merry chuckle burst forth from the facade he’d kept up while trying not to and his eyes sparkled. ”Than...thank you...Lord. Ummm, you do know the thought that crossed your mind, should you have spoken it, well…..” He laughed even more deeply. ”Should you have spoken it, being the Emperor and commander of this vessel, it would have meant Craziness here would now be Mrs Turon.”

His laughter continued, ”I don’t know though, a honeymoon of leveling Hapes sounds perfect to me, and does it to you, my little Craziness?”

Helinith braced herself for an almighty telling off... which didn't come. Instead the former master both approved and appeared rather amused at the turn of events and the third master was sniggering into his sleeve. Well if they were amused, she had done her job well and Helinith allowed herself to feel a sense of pride.

Renn's playfulness got the better of him and she blushed again, this time at the thought of being Mrs Renn Turon. She’d never had a surname before. But the smile of the former master brought her down to earth.

“Honeymoon? More like murder fun time!” She bounced up off her chair and clapped her hands in delight. Four knives whizzed off her belt and performed loops and corkscrews around her head. She caught them and shoved them back on her belt, sticking out her tongue at the Neti.

"Pretty lame ceremony, Tree-boy. I'm in pyjamas and there isn't even a ring.”

Renn laughed again, enjoying Helinihth’s exuberance. "Blame the Emperor, my Craziness, he didn’t let me in on his plans to marry us. But I’m sure I can take a very nice, very sparkly ring, not to mention some very very nice dresses, from the Hapan royalty and you can have those.”

He stuck his tongue out in return, ”But yes, murder fun time is the best way to celebrate it. And you will get your wish to cut out Ta’a’s uterus after all.”

Serapis recovered from his hidden laughing fit. Turning back to the group, he nodded his approval of the task. "Very well. Well, get a move on. You've got another queen to kill... tree-boy!"

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @darthbernael

4. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus smiled as his apprentice released the Prime Minister as commanded by her master. An excellent show of remembrance of who was truly in charge of this world. “Very good, Lady Styx. You are dismissed.” Cocytus noted before she adequately left the room. He craned his neck back to the Prime Minister and smiled thinly.

“It is no problem. Lady Styx simply needs to know her place.” Cocytus noted before giving out his ideas and questions for her advice and thus listening to the Prime Minister's responses.

The Sith Kaminoan blinked in surprise to learn that the Muun representatives were on Kamino.”And what would you advise to be the best appropriate response to them, Prime Minister?’ Cocytus asked blankly, “The Force has a strong influence on the weak minded and I doubt that our Muun financers made themselves genetically immune to the manipulation of the mind…”

“As for our Imperial friends,” Cocytus went on, “Yes a meeting will be most adequate of what we need if we are to get them on our side. Giving them a Clone Army in exchange for making alliance with us will most certainly sweeten any deal we make with them. Should we have our meeting here, or would you best advise a more discreet location?”

“One last thing, tell me more about the state of the New Republic.” he added, “For I have heard rumor that there’s a faction within the Senate that’s sympathetic to the Old Empire. The Centrists, they’re called, I think. Would it be best to get them on our side as well?”

@Sinrebirth

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Supreme Leader Snoke
    Aboard the Resurgent, the faltering ship

The Supreme Leader of the First Order grinned to himself about the old truisms that exist. Those ones about doing things yourself. Distracted by Serapis, he had simply arrived 'late' to Yag'Dhul, only to find his fleet ambushed by the New Republic... and two Sith.

Interesting.

Snoke had taken his Meditation Sphere to the hull of the Resurgent, connecting with Hux even as he fled the attack, a two-man assault which had decimated the ships crew. Maddening, but amusing. The Terminus had exploded as he arrived, and the Givin frigates were even now pulling back. Space was nimbused with escape pods, but Snoke paid them no heed.

He needed his General, and it was high time the Sith knew their place.

With the correct airlock confirmed by the Pretorian Guard, who Snoke had a mental link with, he stepped down from the Sphere, keeping his connection with the ship both firm and strong. There was another shuttle evident; the new model Upsilon-class command shuttle. Many of the First Order assets were prototypes in some shape or manner, but they were distinctly different from the late Empire's model to be unique.

Snoke was no different.

"Lord Manticore," he crowed. "You look considerably better as a wall ornament than."

He was of course referring to Manticore's time in carbonite as a piece of the maze on Bedlam, an entwined Force conduit that Snoke had drawn upon to force wider the holes in the reality wall there. In the galaxy the Sith had originated from four ancient Gods had once dwelled on Bedlam, and their actions there had weakened the divide between realities; it had made a perfect place to reach for Typhojem and manipulate him into bestowing power upon his form. No longer did Snoke need to conspire as Dr Shadow, supplying quiet support to each faction of the War of Three, but instead he existed in his full malevolence, having abandoned Bedlam in the very Meditation Sphere that Soliloquy had discovered in the Unknown Regions - a powerful artefact constructed of ancient Eternal technology from their original galaxy.

With a clawed hand, he gestured for them to begin their attack. He knew not personally the Anzati, but he didn't care; either.

They would be dead, and done for it.

In the Force there was the slightest unfurling.

Be ready.

It was Wapoe's voice.

Seemingly he had survived the destruction of the Terminus.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael (combo)
    ---
    IC: Taun We

Kamino, Prime Ministers office

Questions, but actually - advice. Taun We blinked, and she could see what she had not initially believed to be true; Cocytus had not lied - he truly did intend to offer a partnership. It wasn't just a thinly veiled proposition concealing threat. While yes, Cocytus could kill her at any time, he needed her. She blinked again, in realisation.

That gave her power; importance, even, in his Grand Design.

She could get behind that.

"I would recommend sending a message to the Banking Clan, in-fact," Taun We said. "They are suits, nothing more or less. Their credits give them power in the Empire as it remains, and indeed they bankroll the New Republic more and more with each passing day. Kamino has no need for credits, not when we stand outside the mainstream galaxy - we craft a new order, and our clones will be our currency." The guards seemed almost entranced by her words, even though they were merely here to protect.

"Kill them, my Lord, and we need not deal with them ever again."

Taun We savoured her words for a moment.

"Kamino will be the capital of an Imperial Confederation; we should meet the Imperials here, and offer them each a free personal clone as their payment, moulded to their preference and pleasure." Another idea seized upon her, and she almost smiled at her brilliance. "The Centrists are indeed a political faction; we should invite the leader of their party - Ormes Apolin - to join us here."

She seemed to be elated by the possibility of real change. Taun We paused. "Perhaps we should discuss this in a more private setting, Lord Cocytus? I have some more intimate proposals to make, at that." It was a sudden change of tune, but Taun We wanted to solidify their... partnership, it was the exact word. Now Cocytus had shown her how much he needed her, and that it hadn't been mere convenience that saw him assist her in her assent to power, she wanted more.

The guards shifted uneasily, mind you.

There was an incongruity forming in the Force though; somewhere, somewhen, on Kamino, at that, a decision seemed to have been made by someone.

Styx?

TAG: @Darth Cocytus
    ---
    IC: Ducha Galney

Speaking to a Noble

The Ducha Galney seemed flustered, surprised by the sudden Court intrigue. He had expected another Sith incursion, and instead he had this. The man who spoke to him was completely versed in Hapan politics, and it was impossible to discount what Iudex had said as true. Galnet was ill-placed to cross swords at a Court which was reeling from the death of Ni'Korish and the seeming madness of Ta'a Chume. There was a collective panic among them, as they desperately sought to avoid death-by-droid.

With all that in mind, Galney balked.

"Of course, my friend. You are more than welcome to land - and at the Palace, at that. I am sure Court will be gathering soon enough. There has been an assassination attempt on the monarch again, as one would expect a new monarch to be subject to, and ordinarily the Queen Mother requests the Court convene so she can bestow her favour on those who supported her." Galney had a darker thought, of course. And purge those who were not sufficiently supportive.

Insipid had stepped away from Renn, Serapis and Helinith, telling them to restock and recharge in the minutes they had. "Well done, Lord Iudex," he said, as the comm line was cut. "In the meantime we have regrouped with my team." He had let them know that a new recruit, the Falleen Iudex, whose Sith faction had been crushed by the real Acolytes of the Beyond, was with them, and was to be trusted until they had reason not to do so. His word was final on that point, after all.

"We shall be seeing the Queen Mother ourselves, though we will have a fight of it." A smile, genuine, fluttered across his lips. "I look forward to seeing you in action."

In short order the automated shuttle took them down to the damaged hangar bay that Renn, Serapis and Helinith had just departed. Insipid grinned at them as the ramp dropped. "Yes, we're back. But this time? We'll do it my way. You have all done very well, my friends, my family," he regarded the Falleen, the Neti and the two humans.

When the ramp dropped, the self-same Hapan aide that had greeting Renn and Helinith looked in growing panic at them. "But, but -"

"Thank you," Insipid said, glacially calm. He flicked a hand, blowing what few cameras would see him step down into the hangar.

"Thank you?" The Hapan repeated, confused.

Insipid flexed a finger, and snapped the mans neck. "For your life."

Alarms rang out swiftly enough, and they would hear the stomping of the Super Battle Droids that had threatened them before, indeed, among them now were Hapan guards, dozens of them converging from across the Royal Palace; beyond the hangar, through the adjoining corridor and doors Leia had cut apart, was the Courtyard where the droid army had previously surrounded and drove them out. Insipid led them to the Courtyard edge, and eyed Renn, Helinith and Iudex. "Blow through, we don't need to worry about escape. We are taking Hapes."

Insipid looked to Serapis. He used to be an Ithorian, and so in theory was more attuned to nature than humans would be. Notwithstanding that he had a Neti, Insipid wanted to see Serapis in action, being as it wasn't all too long ago that he'd been in a droid. "You should be able to sense Secciah, no? Find her, please, and direct her. I expect she is in the Royal Bunker getting a dressing down."

Indeed, she was, with her two daughters, the Queen Mother, and her son, Isolder.

"Destroy or kill anything in the path that Serapis sets for us," Insipid said, softly. "And remember the holocams. It would not do for my face - the face of the Kuati Senator - to be broadcast." Suiting action to words, he lifted his cloak hood, leaving his nose and chin evident.

Super Battle Droids poured into the Courtyard, with the Palace proper behind them.

"Precede me, my Sith."

TAG: @DarthIshyZ, @darthbernael, @darthhelinith, @Silvertough
    ---
    IC: Shimmer

Explume Minor

"Dead and gone. All but, all but."
    Soliloquy had softly echoed back to her, his voice nearly cooing as he took control of the craft with the Force; Shimmer let him. Nudging her to rest back in her seat, he continued to speak. "Ever hear of Alashanians? Their world was scorched to an ember yet through divine intervention they were saved, and their beasts were saved though their world burned. Living as such they built where only they could in a world destroyed. The built down. Eventually they built and waged war and lost the favor that was their salvation before, but when all life is stripped away and you yet live. You have two choices, fly to the stars or to burrow down. Growing up in this I chose the stars when the chance came, others?"

Here he smiled as his skin began to turn black and blotchy, which Shimmer had difficulty interpreting but she opted for it to be an amused reaction.

"Others are more stubborn. Too stubborn. Go see that we have no stowaways and finish your contemplation of what boon you wish to ask of me before I go. Your time is nearly up. We are about to land."

Shimmer blinked; she wasn't coming with him? She nodded, and rushed to check for stowaways, thrusting her Force perceptions into every nook and cranny of the ship; she found none, but even then she performed a full scan too, because why do one when you can do both and earn absolute certainty.

Nothing.

With that done, she headed back to the cockpit as they came to land. Peering out the viewport, she could see a man, or what she presumed was a Croke portraying a man, and looked back to Soliloquy. "Master? Am I not to accompany you... is it too dangerous to do so?"

She shook her head. "Sorry, I had to ask," Shimmer said, quickly. "That's not my last question. My last one is..." Her eyes darted around as she thought.

"Is it possible that parts of your universe have fallen into ours? Especially here, in the Unknown Regions? If this is your Explume Minor, are other parts of the Unknown Regions also from your reality? Could someone have leapt across the divide in the dying moments of your time?"

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto
    ---
    IC: Ike Kya

Taris, above, dancing

The Force was his ally, and a powerful one at that.

When it came to the lifestream that connected and bound them all, Ike wasn't particularly spiritual about his ability to access it.

It was a matter of fact point, and he didn't use to seek greater understanding of the cosmos, or to project a cunning design into the galaxy. No. It was just part of him, and was a simple extension of what he did and could do. Right now, it was keeping him from dying, as it gave him hints and nudges about what to dodge and avoid between the two fleets - one exultant, one dying - and he was absently wishing he'd spent more time contemplating and getting to know his place in it.

He suspected, though he didn't know, he'd be having an easier time of this not dying aspect of his life if he had a better grasp of the Force.

If he survived this - big if - he would take some time to muse on it more. At a spa. With Bellorum. And his own masseuse. Or two.

Focusing, he skimmed the surface of a ship belching crew and atmosphere as a trio of fighters chased him. Ike used his repulsorlifts to bounce himself up off the hull, cut his drives, and blew the three ships apart as they passed beneath him. The push sent him flying towards another ship, so he inverted, using the Force to manage the G-forces and his stomach, and landed aboard the underside of a Ren warship, using his sensors to scan for any ships that were looking in the direction of Plo and the others.

When he found a target, he gunned forward, hoping Syren had picked up Anark so they could get the hell out of here.

At this point he didn't care about whatever their mission was on the surface now.

TAG: @Darth_wanderguard, @Lady Belligerent (mentioned), @QueenSabe7 (mentioned), @Snokers (mentioned)

6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Darth Helinith
    Location: “I don’t know, apathetic ****** planet, I’ve no sympathy at all.” - Douglas Adams

Helinith leapt from Renn’s shoulder, with a twist as two lightsabers jumped to her hands, pink and white blades igniting. She landed slightly in front of the rest of her ‘family’ with arms outspread, heralding the former master. Her joy beckoned, the dark side flowed.

“Soldiers of Hapes!” she yelled. “Fight and you die. Surrender and you die also. But know this: the Emperor of the Sith has demanded your pathetic lives as a price for your new ruler’s broken promises! We will start by massacring everyone here.”

And with that, she charged into the first line of droids.

It was all cannon fodder really, she thought to herself, as she cut the legs out from the first two droids and moved onto a second pair. She was pleased to find that having two lightsabers made taking them down more efficient, although she was also aware of her surroundings. She couldn’t let herself get carried away and press forward too soon, or risk getting cut off from the others. A force push sent a droid in mid-movement spinning into the one behind it, neatly knocking over four in a domino effect. As she fought, she reached out for Renn in the force and kept herself near his presence, knowing that she could retreat back to him should she need it.

TAG: @DarthIshyZ @darthbernael @Silvertough @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  7. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn Turon

As Helinith leapt from his shoulder Renn shifted. Insipid desired destruction and carnage and so he would get it. If any Hapan had seen the footage from their initial foray, from the ship that had taken them initially, they would blanch at what shape he shifted into. He heard his Craziness’ yell as he moved and the massive four armed gorilla shape roared it’s response, fangs glistening as the mouth clomped shut and a broad smile crossed the face.

[​IMG]

He knuckled his way forward and, as he passed the body of their greeter, he grabbed it by an ankle with one of his lower arms and began swinging it into the masses of droids in his path. The other lower arm ripped the limbs from the torso, throwing pieces of them at cameras as they came into sight, knocking them askance or destroying them outright. He leapt, swinging the corpse in a circle, smashing droids off of their feet and into each other.

He touched the Force for a moment to guide his descent and turned his fall to land in a large concentration of the droids. His arms whipped out and the free hands grabbed droids and added them to his arsenal of destruction. Spinning in a circle, he whipped all four arms around, decimating the gathered droids nearby. Stepping out in the cardinal points as he swung he opened the circle of destruction around him, grunting in laughter as blaster bolts flew by, singing the white fur of this form.

A backhand with the arm holding the corpse and it disintegrated after more abuse than a body was designed for as it crushed the photoreceptors of the droid he’d aimed it at. He flung the crushed droids from his hands, taking out the remaining cameras in view and tumbling them into the paths of reinforcements that were rushing forward. In the moment that he released the droids he shifted back to the ‘Sith’ Renn, drawing a pair of sabers.

[​IMG]

The blades snapped into life and he felt Helinith touching his presence in the Force and he smiled. Cutting his way through the droids he ensured that he was close to her, even as she did the same. She was Insipid’s saber, slashing from the front, cutting a swath through the droids the Hapans had sent to destroy them, and he was Insipid’s broadsword, supporting and destroying all those that filtered past the sweeping cuts of her advance. He kept his eye on Serapis’ advance so that he could nudge his Craziness in the direction they needed to go to follow the Lord to reach Secciah.

TAGS: @darthhelinith, @DarthIshyZ, @Silvertough, @Sinrebirth

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Explume Minor

Off on her busy work Shimmer would scour what Soliloquy already knew was clean. He waited for the tell tale signs of where to go and landed as the subtle winds directed him. When she headed back to the cockpit just as they came to land the fact they were in an open area was the most telling of all. She was not welcome, just as he had thought it would be, although he had hoped for a private hanger in an old dormant volcano or some such theatrically saturated place. But then so was a barren earth with a lone man standing there, standing and not waving nor making a move to come to them. She looked back to Soliloquy. "Master? Am I not to accompany you... is it too dangerous to do so?"

She shook her head. "Sorry, I had to ask," Shimmer said, quickly. "That's not my last question. My last one is..." Her eyes darted around as she thought.

"Is it possible that parts of your universe have fallen into ours? Especially here, in the Unknown Regions? If this is your Explume Minor, are other parts of the Unknown Regions also from your reality? Could someone have leapt across the divide in the dying moments of your time?"

"I said to ask a boon and you ask philosophy?" he chuckled as he stood and made to embrace her, the first real physical sign of affection he had ever given her. "Ah my darling Shimmer, what am I to do with you?" Kissing at her hair he backed away to the ramp. "Yes. No. Maybe. We Croke are not native to either your progenitors universe or to your own which is this one. Our creation was rather beyond it, and some might even call this an existential question on how multiples of a universe that is manufactured can have us in them or even have some of the oddly high level issues in multiplicity at all! As for if this is my Explume Minor, well I am about to find that out for myself and the status of the veil here. And no, it is not safe for you outside this ship and possibly not even inside it. If you must fly away wait for my call, and make sure it is me you let back in. Last thing we need is to worry whether you home to a colony of lugubra hatchlings just because someone is feeling peckish over me murdering a score or twelve on our way down."

Making his way to the ramp he straightened his jacket as his face began to show signs of cracking, his whole being would as he erred on the side of dramatic exit. "How do I look? Just a touch rotting and slimy I hope." he said as he added a hint of ooze coming out of the rapidly connection web of cracks. "Gotta make a good impression on my possible mate or murderer! Right, I am being silly. Clutching will do that to you you know." Shaking his head he hurried away at a brisk walk, not really waiting for an answer as he headed to some semblance of home.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Serapis
    Hapes

His hatred, at this point, knew no bounds. He was back on Hapes... again. This time would be the last time, since from now on it would likely have a new name. A Sith name.

He could, indeed sense Secciah. The path was clear. No survivors.

The group was faced with droids, again. His cohorts started on them one-on-one. Though Serapis would like to use his new saber (aching to, really), now was the time for quick work of them and the remaining cameras.

Serapis gathered all his Hapan hatred and let it fly through his fingertips. Purple-blue lightning coursed through these droids, felling about twenty. He then grabbed all the remaining cameras and squeezed them in turn, blinding the security feed.

The way now clear, he wound his way through the droid bodies and through the appropriate hatch for their path. "I'm coming, ladies! Get the welcome banquet ready for me!"

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @darthbernael

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  10. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Location: “I don’t know, apathetic ****** planet, I’ve no sympathy at all.” - Douglas Adams

Helinith had by now carved a neat path through numerous rows of droids and was working on the soldiers behind them, as Serapis' show of force lightning consumed the last of the droids. She noted his heading and decided to finish off the last of the Hapean soldiers with something a little more flashy than what she had done so far. This was a show of power after all, as well as a correction.

She dug deep into the force and rose slightly off her feet as the joy of being here with her family danced in her eyes. The dark side came to her immediately and she giggled.
    She clapped her hands together suddenly in front of her body and there was a flash. She drew them apart again slowly and force lightning crackled, buzzed and arched between them, flashes of bright blue lighting up her laughing face.
    "I've never tried this before. Let's see what it can do."

She slapped her hands together again suddenly and a brief-lived shock wave of force lightning emitted from them, chaining the small group of men in front of her, tearing through flesh and severely burning three of them where they stood. The others all collapsed, gasping and clutching themselves, screaming. The knives from her belt cleaned up, shooting themselves one by one through the necks of the Hapeans as she conducted them with a finger. The knives sped back to her hand and she cleaned them with a rag, looking disappointed.

"Hmm. I was hoping it would turn them all into piles of ash."

She turned and followed the third master.

"Last one to Ta'a is a rotten bantha fart!" she called over her shoulder.

Tags: @darthbernael @DarthIshyZ @Sinrebirth @Silvertough

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn
    Following the little ‘wife’

Renn giggled then laughed outright in delight at the display Helinith put on. When she pouted and showed her disappointment, he giggled again. As she took off after Serapis he scanned the corpses for a moment, little tendril of limbs absently stripping any little baubles he found, something shiny there would put a smile on her face, later.

He followed in her wake, not bothering now to take trinkets or scan rooms, the really good stuff would be where the royals were so they had to get there. Any twitching bodies they had left behind he dispatched, doing as he had when facing the earlier Matriarch and sucking their energy into himself, supercharging himself.

As reinforcements came in behind to cut them off he turned, keeping himself close to his Craziness’s presence as he backed down hallways, fighting a rearguard action. The Hapans were crowding closely trying to overwhelm them but they were merely men and women, not even Force users.

While he fought he extended himself in the Force, crippling their ability to attack as he steadily drained any being in range, save Insipid, Helinith, Iudex, or Serapis. His smile was dark as he watched the Hapans begin to turn gaunt, listless, even as they swung their swords or fired their blasters. In the distance he could see frightened troops being pushed forward to test the width of the field of his draining while commanders argued over how many they could sacrifice to prevent the Sith from reaching the Royal family.

He kept a weather eye on the distant commanders as they seemed to come to a decision and the troops parted. The sounds of heavy droid footsteps reached him and he knew they’d made the smart move. He could not use his draining on the metal bodies, so they would not waste troops. But this was where all the energy he’d drained would begin to come in handy. He focused, ceasing his attempts to drain and erected a shield that covered himself and the others behind him.

A pair of limbs grew under those holding his sabers and as he backed up he scooped up a pair of heavy assault blasters from heavy Hapan troops. He targeted the unshielded droids first, aiming for photoreceptors and joints to limbs. The shielded battle droids continued their unceasing march while he did so and he switched focus partially to take out support limbs on droids near them to cause them to fall in the paths of those battle droids, making them clamber over and around the bodies.

A fifth limb grew reaching to his equipment belt, ’Great, only 6 thermal detonators left. Ah well I’ll do what I must.’ he thought. One by one he took them and instead of targeting the droids he began targeting support columns and walls, calling over his shoulder, ”Guys, we’re going to need another way back, unless you all have a metric ton more thermal detonators.”

TAGS: @darthhelinith @DarthIshyZ @Sinrebirth @Silvertough

OOC: Edit as I'd forgotten Iudex was with us, sorry

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  12. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Leda
    Star Forge

The holocron offered Leda nothing concrete by way of answers, if it actually knew anything of her history it wasn't sharing. No matter, she had resigned herself long ago to the fact that she'd never know where she really came from and from whom she was made. Being Sith had given her all the purpose and past she needed and now... well, now was even beyond that.

Leda was her true name, always was and always will be. The Man in Black had bestowed it upon her like a crown, one she wore proudly ever since. Even becoming what she was soon to be, that would not change in her eyes.

Following the twins down the open ramp and out into the vast hangar that housed what seemed to part of the internal organs of the massive station, she was buzzing with the energies that swarmed every inch of machinery. It was alive, in a very organic sense of the word even though by all appearances it seemed to be constructed from basic durasteel and wiring that all ships were. But this... it was infused with the Force in a way Leda was awed by. A marriage of machine and life-force... how beautiful.

"Through this, we can make you Mother; and with that power, you can proclaim you true name and your history will become your future."

She glanced once to Merel as she spoke, her words dripping with enthusiasm and chaos. The walls seemed to bend then, and Leda sensed the Force swell around them. Drawn forward, she took a few slow steps towards the pulsing tentacles as they swayed in an unseen breeze. There was movement a far ways beyond them and targeting a spot, she could see the whirring pistons and various other mechanisms of a factory, peeking in and out of view as the ship breathed. For a flicker of a moment there was something else there, standing just behind the twisted, metallic vines - an outline of a person, a cloaked person, all in black.

Leda gasped. "Master?" she breathed, reaching a hand for him without thinking. But in the blink of an eye, the apparition was gone.

She shook her head and rubbed her eyes, refocusing on where she was certain she had seen the man but still he was nowhere to be found. The sudden longing for him to be real unnerved her; where had those feelings come from? And after so long? This place, Merel and Sian, there were powers at work here she had never experienced. It was making her feel very.... strange. However, the Man in Black making an appearance here, right where he was, could he have only been reassuring her that she was on the right path?

"Let's do this," she blurted, again taking the next second after speaking to tilt her head and wonder why she was so eager to jump head first into this new role. But again, she didn't see any reason to stop at this point.

13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Hapan homeworld

He sensed his fellow Sith following. He wasn't happy. He was satisfied. He felt powerful. He felt power. This was the way it was supposed to be. He felt the Dark Side exuding from him.

Everything electronic was fried. Every camera, every listening device, every small device, gone.

Up ahead. And down. He sensed the "queen." He sensed Secciah and her brood. He sensed all of them. He pushed. He killed. He left no one standing. He felt like he was the decider of life and death for all of them. That meant none of them deserved life... or death. They deserved nothingness.

He walked purposefully in the labyrinthine palace. He approached the elevator leading down to the "bunker." He turned to those following him. "Is anyone else alive?" He waited for all of his fellow Sith to gather and report.

14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Ohhh yes, fun with @Sinrebirth and @greyjedi125

IC Hunger and Hate
    Round 3 of the Big Bads, so to speak

It wasn’t who Hunger had originally thought it might have been but, given the sense of Force presence roiling off of the being, Snoke was just as bad, if not worse, in this instance. Curiously, Hunger felt energy related to his cousin as a base for the power that Snoke wielded. This roused the essence of his Father and the contempt that existed due to his cousin’s nature surged through him, as did more of his Father’s energy.

His eyes blazed as two obsidian gems, darkness dripping through them when he heard the faint call of Wapoe. ’Still don’t trust him, but he didn’t run, good.’ he thought to himself as he readied himself. Seeing the slight gesture from Snoke he knew the man wanted them to attack and expected that he would easily overwhelm them.

Hunger smiled, Snoke was powerful, yes, but both Hate and he had already faced a Skywalker and the artificially grown twins, even if Snoke may have had a hand in creating the second group. At this point, no matter the outcome of previous battles Hate may have had with this creature, things had changed. Confident but wary, Hunger began his advance. His sabers leapt from his hands and sheathed themselves as Lightning gathered in one palm and pure darkness in the other.

The darkness leapt forth first, spreading out in filaments of energy, intent on wrapping around whatever defense Snoke had enacted for himself. The lightning continued to growl and hiss in his palm, waiting for Snoke’s reaction and breaching his own defenses, which the darkness would reveal in the pinprick holes in it’s fabric that their foe opened to retaliate. He kept an eye on Hate, ready to whip the darkness back if the other decided a frontal assault was his option.

Snoke lifted a finger on his left hand and the filaments diverted, looking to instead impale Manticore, and simply released a bolt of lightning into the floor with his right - it erupted into the metal and reflected up, a terrible swift action that would, on impact, send Bernael and Manticore flying.

The man before them wasn't just adept; he was powerful.

All of Skywalker's strength and none of his compunctions about fair play.

Here, Snoke intended to educate, if not kill them.

Manticore counted on Bernael's innate familiarity with him. Hunger and Hate thus far had worked well together, and Manticore despised Snoke on a level that was on par with his hate for his former Master.

In a blink of an eye, Manticore became an explosion of motion as he sped forth faster than any eye could follow. The Zabrak had not been afraid of Typhojem, thus it stood to reason that he certainly was not afraid of Snoke. Even within that split second, he'd felt the gnarled man's powerful Force attack, as power attempted to gut him and lightning strove two slow him, but Manticore had been expecting this. The zabrak sith Lord fashioned his assault from experience, as he used his knowledge of the force to dissipate any force power Snoke threw at him. He'd fully expected the wizened powerhouse to initiate his attack with a volley of Force. Snoke usually left Lightsaber combat to others, so Manticore's ploy was to exploit that fact from the onset.

The zabrak had swung with all his might at Snoke's neck, as he had every intention to sever the creature's head from his body, so much so that the strike was enhanced by the force, to such a degree that it would even slice the bulkhead behind them.

Nevertheless, Manticore knew he'd executed his intended strike, and yet still, he felt himself being thrown backward by Snoke's powerful assault. Immediately, Lord Hate arrested his rate of motion and twisted his boy to land in a crouch. He didn't even look down as a stinging sensation and wetness in his abdomen informed him that he'd been wounded. Hate snarled, focusing only on his wish to destroy the creature before him, even as he prepared to coordinate a second pass with Lord Hunger.

If he died here, so be it. He was willing to do so, to at least wound and weaken this abomination, if it meant that Bernael or even Insipid would rid the galaxy of the insufferable blight that was Snoke.

Snoke smirked at Manticore. He fought like a warrior, when the dark side merely played with lightsabers. It was not their preference nor calling; not truly - not to Snoke. He lifted a hand and flared his fingers, an invisible wavefront reaching out for Manticore with the intention of popping his blood-vessels.

All of them.

Whereas Snoke mastered expedience and simple movements to maximize the use of the Force, amused that the diverted attack had wounded Manticore. This Zabrak was a powerhouse. He slid an eye to glance at Bernael, a feathered eyebrow arching in enquiry.

"My boys, you do well! Yes! The power! The panache!"

The man's taunts, if it could even be called a man, fell on deaf ears.

Even with his knowledge of the Force defusing incoming assaults he expected from Snoke, such defenses would not negate them. Underneath his skin, blood vessels and capillaries did burst, but to a lesser degree than they should have. Still, the experience, though excruciating, would not stop Lord Hate. For the moment, he was blinded by blood filling his eyes, rendered mute as he tasted his own blood, his body spasming in response; but his Hate for Snoke knew no bounds. Manticore was utterly disinclined to 'entertain' the creature who sought to dominate them by sheer force of will. Every breath he took was a declaration of his defiance.

Like Snoke, he did not need to gesture either to utilize the Force.

Though he was unable to move momentarily, Manticore would be able to project his searing hate. In an instant, Manticore commanded the force to engulf his adversary in a column of roaring fire, a blazing tornado to immolate Snoke from within and consume him without.

As the threads of Darkness were bent back, Hunger snapped them off, let them die on the vine, so to speak. His lightning roared back toward him and he leaned into it, letting the armor absorb most of it and smiled at the scent of charred flesh. Pain was only another way of giving the body a focus for the energy of battle.

He sensed as Hate began to try to burn Snoke from the inside and he took a cue from his brother in arms. His eyes flashed and suddenly a ring of flames roared to life around Snoke, bearing inward toward the man. He knew that Hate could still attack through them, had seen the zabrak do something similar before.

As the flames roared, he had to slow the advice of his Father’s essence, as the energy it was feeding him, should he have used it, would have melted the walls and ripped a hole through the Resurgent. He could see that the flames were already melting the steel of the deck though, such was their strength.

Reaching into the folds of his cloak he retrieved several daggers, inscribed with runes that kept their flight from being influenced by the Force and whipped them in arcs that would take them through the lightest heat of the flames, at their foe. Leaping to the side of the corridor, his talons sunk into the metal and he rapidly scurried up the wall to have a better line of sight. As he reached that point he let loose a second flight of daggers, trying to both attack and distract Snoke from Hate’s own attacks.

Snoke grinned, fluttering a finger to dispel the efforts of Manticore, but it required effort and he had to stagger as he looked to Bernael's attack. As he did, he reached for the floor and ripped a floor-plate up to catch the first throw of daggers, which embed themselves through, and he glanced to follow Bernael's rush and angled the plate again, which promptly shattered, but all four daggers clattered to the floor, some damaged.

This left Snoke entirely exposed to Manticore - but the Sphere sitting behind Snoke, accepting Hux, simply fashioned a physical cannon and shot a cannonball at him was Snoke's mind moved faster than his form. A metal chain unraveled from the Ship and whipped at Bernael, controlled both remotely and via the Force that the Ship could summon.

It was becoming quite the fight, but a series of clangs echoed across the hull - their crew had arrived in escape pods aboard the Resurgent!

Manticore was back in the moment as he pushed past all physical impediments through Force Rage and seamlessly rejoined Bernael in his efforts against Snoke.

It did not matter why the foul creature had appeared before them, all that mattered was finally riding the galaxy of him.

With a powerful and Hate-filled exertion of the Force, Manticore grabbed hold of three Red Guard Glaives and telekinetically shot them forth at relativistic speeds for varying effects.

The first one was meant to impale Snoke and pin him against a wall, an effort he fully intended to pressure him with, should he defend against it.

The second weapon was sent to intercept the whipping chains meant for Lord Hunger, in similar fashion to a lightsaber being used to intercept sith lightning.

The third was meant to end Hux’s miserable existence once and for all.

Even as he did this, Manticore became aware that the First Order Flagship was being boarded by allied forces. If capturing the Resurgent served a useful purpose, then they could have it, as long as they did not interfere with the present conflict. To that end, the zabrak growled menacingly, all the while pouring more power into his attack.

Hunger’s saber snapped up, slicing through the chain as it whipped at him before it was violently thrown away from him, courtesy of Hate. He tipped his saber in a salute to Hate and returned to the battle. Seeing another glaive headed for Snoke, he sent a wave of energy after it, timing the push so that it would impact after the glaive did and push it slightly deeper into Snoke, pinning him further to the wall.

He glanced over to the ship as he heard the metallic clangs of the escape pods connecting with the hull. With the loss of their ship, if those were the Kuati, the Resurgent would be a good secondary ship to take into action. He recognized the craft that Snoke was using and reached out his mind, trying to disable the hold that Snoke had over it and turn it to their side. He knew the strength of Snoke’s mind and presence now but when the essences of Architects went against one another it became a matter of will.

Outside the now mental battlefield he gathered up the shards of daggers from where they lay strewn around the hangar, with a touch of power and spun them into a whirlwind around Snoke, randomly tossing slivers of them at their foe. He had to keep Snoke’s mind focused on them and not on what he was doing with Ship. His wall of flame was diminishing as he focused on other attacks so he stepped forward, saber snapping up absently to deflect bolts from Ship as it fought back against them, still under Snoke’s influence, for now.

Snoke stepped back again and again, flicking fingers to deflect the glaives, and then, with his great Force potential, return them at Bernael. Refocusing on Bernael allowed him to rip more of the bulkheads free to defend himself, and then direct them all to surround the Zabrak as his free hand reached for Bernael throat and tugged him forward - a sharp and short yank intending to slam him into the flow.

Through it all the Ship remained resolutely at his command, expanding it's defenses to protect Hux and then to amplify Snoke's already incredible power - as the flow fed into him, he squeezed both his hands and crushed Manticore in the gathering metal and sought to break all the bones in Bernael's body - he pinned them both in place - even while keeping at bay the flame.

As he did, laughing and laughing and laughing, the entire ship shook from his exertions. In the Force they would sense that he was reaching for every structural connecting point in the Destroyer, every divot, every screw, every crew member that was retreating and every one advancing.

Wapoe watched them all fall, clutching their throats, emerging from an escape pod near the bridge. He was unaffected by virtue of his cloak, and shook his head slightly.

"Well this is going well." He quickly began running to the point of the ship the damage was flowing from.

With Snoke welded to the Ship, his powers were almost absolute.

They should have been dead already - but they were, somehow, still alive.

For how long, though?

Hate knew what needed to be done. He felt and knew that they were greater than Snoke, not as individuals, but perhaps together...

That's why Snoke was here, why he was drawn to this place. Snoke was afraid. Afraid of the only Force that could truly challenge his Power. The Power of the True Sith.

There was no doubt in his mind or hesitation.They had to become one. Hunger and Hate. To become The Slayer.

He had once been part of a seal and a key. A part of Mortis. It was time to use what remained of that terrible Power -power not unlike the Twin children of Kronos.

Manticore reached to Bernael through the Force and issued a command- even as Snoke turned his focus on unbinding the entire ship.

Take my Essence, ALL of my Hate, only thus will ALL our Chains be Broken, OUR WILL is singular. We will know NO LIMITS. DESTROY HIM!! DO IT!!!

Manticore opened himself to the Azanti. His HATE for Snoke was complete; it knew no bounds, none whatsoever. He wished for this creature to be obliterated from existence with every fiber of his being. The zabrak's blazing vehemence just needed a greater vessel to properly and unequivocally convey that message. What better instrument than his brother-in-arms? It needed to be done. No matter the cost.

Hunger’s eyes blazed as he strove against Snoke, mind to mind with Ship, fighting it’s attachment to Snoke, as he felt himself lifted and the stresses put upon his body. He laughed, a short dark sound as the glaives flew toward him and Snoke drew him closer. And then POWER flowed into him. He felt Hate pouring it all into him and things burst.

The final walls between himself and his Father’s essence melted and he was no longer an Anzati bolstered by his long association with the Balance mixed with that essence of an Architect but a merger of both. And still the power flowed in. His first act was to stop, cold, the pressure being exerted against him. He bowed his head for a moment and when it raised one eye behind the mask was the same as those that sat in Hate’s eyes, blazing just as fiercely in its redness as Hunger’s black one exuded darkness. The top of his hood seemed raised as though the horns of a zabrak tented it.

Throwing back his head he roared, the sound making the walls reverberate as deeply as the shaking Snoke was doing by trying to rend the ship into its components. As his roar faded unnatural silence took its place. His dual color eyes flashed and the glaives shuddered to a stop millimeters from them. They splintered and joined the suddenly viciously slashing tornado of slivers from the daggers, slicing in random arcs in and out of its funnel.

The silence was suddenly overlaid with, at the same time, the absolute zero of space and the heat of a blue ultra-giant star. The focus of the temperatures was directly in the space that Snoke occupied. Hunger could feel Ship trying to batter him with its weaponry but wrapped in the power he didn’t even notice the attack, it simply fading away as it came close to his form. He lifted an arm and the razor talons shone in the competing temperatures as he descended to the decking.

As his feet touched the floor the shaking of the ship ceased, for the moment. He strode forward, slowly and deliberately, the flames rising and filling the space, save for where Hate stood. They too mimicked the temperatures. The blue looked the coolest but were the same temperature as the surface of those same stars, the red looked the warmest but would snap limbs with the cold of the merest touch. But none touched him.

He walked forward, until he stood directly in front of Snoke. In a hollow ethereal voice, ”You have siphoned the essence of my cousin/nephew and are a shade of that powerful being. I recognize that but you are not the end all, be all, of this galaxy, there are things far older than you and you have fully awoken one, shade.” One razor talon traced down the gold filaments of the jacket Snoke wore as he spoke.

He snorted dismissively, mind leaping out and rendering the entire crews of the remaining First Order ships unconscious before returning. ”Begone shade of my family, begone and we will allow you to depart. Stay and you will be rent in turn. Or do you truly need encouragement?” he pondered. A nod, ”So be it.”

Even as the temperatures raged, the fires blazed, a crushing, soul rending, bone pulverizing darkness descended upon the portion of the hangar in which he and Snoke stood.

The two of them were finished, Snoke crowed. Manticore's despair as he turned to the Anzati was the sweetest and headiest of wines - but then energy flowed from one to the other, and an unlocking occurred. Snoke grinned; he knew of the Anzati connection to the Old One of Death. That all of His creations were nothing more than fonts of his power.

Perhaps, if they were in their timeline, the effect would have been all the more terrifying, Snoke reflected, but here, and now - this was succulent enough. The power, comparable to any phenomenon he had met in his time. Snoke withdrew from the Star Destroyer he held in the palm of his hand, drew deep on the powers which amplified his when entwined with the Sphere, stepped back to the ramp as he held the furnace between him and his demise.

The creature - the shadow of a God - of an Architect - it whispered through Bernael, and Snoke sneered as he lifted his hands, skin flaying and his face sagging ever more, his eyes turning golden from blue, his mouth askance. Attention would be drawn to the ring on his hand, which glowed golden, the black stone burning away as its connection to other, darker places was too drained away.

Snoke stank of death, of decay, and of his undoing. He stumbled on to the ramp, collapsing with his hands outstretched, the ramp which carried him into the Sphere, and, as it sealed, was blown clear out of the hangar, aflame but quickly put out by the vacuum of space -

Leaving Bernael - a hollowed out, completely spiritually drained, blackened husk of a corpse - alive, but on the very cusp of death - a void into which life was drawn, and Manticore's own soul seemed poised to fall into, for he had poured himself into that connection, into that bond -

Darkness consumed them both, entirely, utterly, their vision vanishing -

Through a room alight with flame that melted durasteel, and liquefied the ceiling in great dollops of black - Wapoe rushed to them, blowing out the fire with a blast of the Force and placing a hand on the necks of their burned out shells, and willed them to live. In spite of himself, they needed these two to live.

To survive.

"LIVE!"

Wapoe screamed, his gloves melting away and revealing a pair of human hands - his robes smouldered, but did not give way, and the man dropped to the floor.

I swore I would never be a bystander again.

There was a memory imparted, of a man watching a dipyramid in the depths as energies flowed from it and the world it orbited died, of the Force screaming with the demise of billions -

Then the memory vanished, as Wapoe broke the connection.

And they lived, breathing, just about.

Hunger felt himself collapse, felt his essence diminishing until the grey of almost nothingness took him. In the timeless moments before Wapoe reached Hate and himself he stood, a featureless plain stretching out in what remained of his consciousness. As he faced what was to come, which for him was truly the end, no Force to merge with, simply to cease, a vision floated into sight before him.

’Flesh of my flesh, child of myself, Snoke is not entirely correct, he forgets that Celestials and we exist across all the timelines, both singularly and all at once. Your use of my power has called my own remaining fragment in this timeline to you. Keep it hidden, keep it safe, reveal it to none until the moment you must call on power from this timeline. Now…’

"LIVE!"

Hunger drew in a shuddering breath, feeling the pain racing through him, tying him back to the plain of the living. He looked up at Wapoe, the being beginning to swim into focus as his eyes adjusted. Behind his mask, a smile touched the corner of his mouth. In a voice that only carried to Wapoe, both from weakness and to not reveal more than needed, ”Hello old friend, old enemy, you are the same regardless of timeline. But thank you.”

He attempted to sit up but the remaining weakness kept him recumbent. However he felt the surviving crew of the Terminus moving around the Resurgent, and a curious thing, the energy that Snoke had fed him that had turned him into a black hole sucking in energy and essences of all around him was still present, could be focused if consciously directed. He consciously kept the Hunger from touching Hate and ‘Wapoe’ but did let it otherwise flow. Slowly his body adjusted and he realized that the Hunger was, in part, a vital part of his essence now, beyond the hunger of his kind.

Turning his head, his eyes saw Hate was also mostly incapacitated. He released whatever dregs of power that remained of what Hate had shared with him, returning them to his brother in arms. Looking back to Wapoe, ”So we traded ships and got a really nice one, should it not fall apart, so the mission continues. Wake me up when we get there.” and then laid back down and closed his eyes, letting the subtle flow of energy continue to flow into him as he did.

Dreaming, Nar Shaddaa, Slums

Silent, he opened the door and entered the room, making not a sound. Ever so slowly, he removed his boots, then proceeded to move methodically through the small room, making sure not to bump the furniture. The smell of food being cooked filled his nostrils. A welcoming scent that made him smile.

“You need to do better than that.” Her voice came to him as she spoke from the kitchen.

“Wha…?” He was detected? Impossible! She wasn’t even looking his way.

“Welcome home Declan. You’re a day early.”

She turned and ran to him, he rushed forward and embraced her. “Imzadi. How I’ve missed you.”

“We both missed you, terribly. Isn’t that right, Kas’im?”

She’d brought the child into the kitchen as she cooked. The tot smiled brightly, and lifted his arms now that he saw his father. He could always sense when his Dad was in the house. Always.

Declan obliged and smoothly lifted the child with his powerful bronze arms. His long raven hair spilling as he did so. The child squealed happily.

“You’re not due 'till tomorrow. Is everything alright?”

She’d turn to continue preparing the meal and spoke in light tones. But he knew her, just as she knew him. He could hear the hint of concern in her voice.

“I finished early. Had some extra time….” He said as he smiled at the tot who was reaching for his horns.

“Then report in early. You’re the one who keeps telling me how exacting you ‘Boss’ can be.”

“He’ll just give me another assignment.” He countered with a light scoff, then kissed the child, who only squealed louder. “Besides, he doesn’t know I’m here, he doesn’t know about us.”

“Then don’t risk it. You know I want you to stay, but I want you to Live even more, Declan.”

Imzadi turned and stepped in to kiss him, filling him with a singular joy, one that transcended anything else he ever knew.

“Let’s not cause him any anguish. Go! Then hurry back to me my love. Go. Live Declan. Live.”

LIVE!

Manticore’s body had remained immobile and unresponsive for some time, the zabrak having spent all his energy, all his hate, funneled into his brother-in-arms. He would not remember his dream.

He would vaguely become aware of Wapoe and Bernael's efforts to restore him to life. In an instant, his body would heave as he took a breath, and a world of searing pain would overtake his senses, informing him of the extensive damage he body received, thanks to Snoke.

Pain. That was Hate’s reality. His constant reminder that he was, for all intents and purposes, alive.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125

DarthIshyZ and greyjedi125 like this.
  15. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus smiled thinly in his bloodlust at Taun We's advice to slaughter the Muun Bankers, his eyes glowing with the malice and cruelty refined from his anger and hate. He wasn't sure at first that it'd be wise to butcher the bankers and didn't want to make a scene that could bring unwanted attention. However, as Kaminio will be allying itself and reorganizing itself into a new power, there was indeed very little need of them. Cocytus savored the permission like sweet nectar of the best honey in the Galaxy.

Not that Cocytus needed permission, but there's a time and place for everything. A time to kill and a time to manipulate, black mail, or any other sort of trickery and deception to get what he needs.

Cocytus nodded, smiling thinly at the confirmation of the existence of this Centrist faction. Along with the Imperial remnants, they shall prove most useful to his ambitions. "Very good." He replied, "Then with both the New Republic insiders and the Imperial Warlords everything will be in order for putting together my new Empire."

The Sith Kaminoan's eyes then borrowed, however, at Taun We's last request. Intimate proposals? A private setting? What was the Prime Minister going on about? Truthfully, one didn't need to be Force Sensitive to figure that out. Seems that Styx wasn't the only one who needed to know her place. "Be careful with your aspirations, Prime Minister." Cocytus warned with a hint of threat, "You might just find yourself... choking on them… Beware your greed, for it has been the downfall of even many Sith Lords. Know that you'll be rewarded in the end, nonetheless..."

Cocytus's glowing yellow eyes suddenly glistened as he felt a slight disturbance in the Force. His eyes narrowed and shifted to the door and immediately went out to hunt down Lady Styx, hoping that he could stop her from doing something too… rash…

@Sinrebirth.

16. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Aggressive Negotiations

Iudex finished exchanging pleasantries with the Ducha, before terminating the call with a distasteful sneer. "Imbecile." He said, his skin pigmentation returning to its natural bronze hue as he redid his hair into a tight braid. The persona of a lowly diplomat was dead, killed off as quickly as it had been donned, to the satisfaction of Iudex. As much as the role disgusted the man, even he could not ignore the position his bloodline afforded him.

Iudex brought a hand to his temples, taking the moment to massage his temples. The force had shifted, Insipid was no longer the only other occupant on board the vessel. No, there were others now. Now when did they show up? He thought, exiting the cockpit and returning the the shuttle's main area. Inside of which he was introduced to Renn, Serapis, and Helinith.

The Falleen simply raised an eyebrow at the diverse collection of allies, instead choosing to listen to Insipid's briefing. The mission was simple, a task Iudex had undertaken numerous times under the Black Sun a lifetime ago. It was to be a hostile takeover, with the possibility of an assassination mixed in as well.

Iudex crossed his arms across his chest, giving a faint nod of approval. After suffering the indignities of playing diplomat, a little mayhem would suit him just fine. Wonder if I'll get the chance of seeing that moronic Ducha again.. Would make this aaall worth it.

The shuttle touched down within a hanger without fanfare. The ramp dropped, a local's neck snapped, and everyone sprung into action.

Iudex marched forwards, holding his ignited blade in a tight two-handed grip and the chaos of battle unfolded around him. Ahead, a combined force of super-battle droids and Hapan guards alike took up positions to halt the Sith's advance. A foolish mistake.

The Falleen became a bulwark against the torrential wave of blaster fire levied against them. What fire he could not deflect with his saber, ricocheted harmlessly off of his cortosis-woven armor. His march was measured, but unyielding, every step driving him closer to his foes. Finally in range, he sprung into action, his psychological stunt having the desired effect as Hapan guards began breaking formation, in some attempt to flee from his wrath.

All attempts at defense were abandoned, replaced solely with brutally efficient offense. Heads were freed from their necks and control chips were cut from their housings, all with little effort to stick with something as mundane as form or technique. No, these grunts didn't deserve such an honor.

Iudex followed the unmistakable sounds of combat, turning a corner within the vast labyrinth of corridors to find Serapis and the others. He came to a stop, extinguishing his blade and returning it to the holster on his hip. "Negative. All hostiles have been eliminated." Iudex stated, wiping the sweat from his brow.

"What's our next move?" Iudex asked Serapis as he took the time to take a quick inventory on the state of his armor.

Tags @Sinrebirth , @DarthIshyZ , @darthbernael , @darthhelinith

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Murder quest on Hapes, Royal Palace

"Negative. All hostiles have been eliminated. What's our next move?"

There had been a growing tide of enemies, but inevitably, murderously, the enemies thinned out. Insipid didn't really do a great deal, letting them do so. Indeed, he found a table at the edge of one of the courtyards that included an abandoned teapot. With his cloak hood up, he settled in and enjoyed the same as they did the wet and metal work; and indeed the collapse of parts of the Palace as they went. The spectacle of Renn, Helinith, Serapis and Iudex was sufficiently entertaining, and when he was done, he swept after Serapis.

"Is anyone else alive?"

Insipid shook his head. "They've pulled back to the bunker."

In short order, they were there, notwithstanding Helinith turning it into a race; there was the one elevator, and though it was not powered, Insipid simply moved it with his telekinesis and forced open the doors. There was a small courtyard in this part of the Palace, but the doors were five times taller than himself, and indeed the pins holding them in place immense.

His hand shot forward and his lightsaber shot out his sleeve, igniting as it went and rebounding off the metal. Insipid gestured it back to his palm, deactivating the blade. The hilt slid back up his sleeve, and simply gestured with his hand, concentrating as he pushed the doors inward, meter thick metal sheering and the wall rather than the door splitting, the double doors falling inward with a massive and loud crash.

There were a half a dozen armoured guards present, who promptly rushed forward with an impossible speed; Insipid sensed cybernetic enhancements, and indeed they seemed enclosed in their suits, which included small repulsors on their feet and their 'fingers' were flechette weapons, shooting streams of metal rather than energy weapons that could be deflected - indeed, they also were pouring a noxious gas into the area.

Insipid simply touched off the floor with a tap, soaring up into the air and letting them go before him; the six split to send three after Renn, and one each after Iudex, Helinith and Serapis. Seems the Queen Mother definitely wants to repay the Neti, he thought, absently. When Insipid landed, he looked into the bunker, and could see them all.

Ta'a, Isolder, Secciah, and her two young daughters.

"Kill everyone apart from the Prince," Insipid said, without emotion.

TAG: @DarthIshyZ, @darthhelinith, @Silvertough, @darthbernael
    ---
    IC: Styx

Kamino

The apprentice of Darth Cocytus quietly seethed to herself as she left Taun We and Cocytus to their tryst. Styx could see how fascinated with her Master the Prime Minister was, and how she coveted his future spawn. It was obvious, and while Cocytus would deal with it, he needed Taun We more than he needed Styx.

On Moraband he had seen how adept he was, and how powerful she could become; but it would take time, and she had no patience for it. She had an alternate to pursue, and so she would. Bane be damned, she could see that Styx was mere accessory to her master, not a true equal or potential successor - speaking the Rule of Two one moment and then pursuing Essence Transfer the other.

Told to defer to a politician? Styx seethed at the rebuke, reminded of the violence that her master had inflicted upon her. By the time Cocytus had tracked her down, she was keying their ship to lift off, the ramp up. She would find a true Master. She had a name, and a place, and she would take it.

TAG: @Darth Cocytus
    ---
    IC: Wapoe

Aboard the Resurgent, Battle of Yag'Dhul

As the meditation sphere flew off, the Force surged and the crews of the First Order fleet that had been impacted by Bernael - which was not nearly as many crewers as he had intended - awoke at Snoke's command. He was laughing to himself, even as his skin continued to melt, his face sagging and his ability to stand from the throne that the Sphere had fashioned lessening.

What fun!

That sentiment flooded the Force, impacting upon the bodies of Manticore and Bernael, even as Snoke issued his command to the First Order fleet. "Jump onward as was originally intended; rendezvous point Omega."

Hux leaned over the Supreme Leader. "Are you, alright, Master?"

Snoke continued to chuckle. "Of course I am, my friend. This going very well."

The First Order fleet launched into hyperspace, leaving behind the Resurgent, a wealth of wrecked fighters and light cruisers, as well as the broken Terminus. The Givin flotilla, bloodied but mostly intact, retreated to Yag'Dhul, sending scouts to the debris field. Wapoe, for his part, promptly ordered the survivors to sort through the First Order crewers still alive - most of which were happy to not be executed - and take the bridge on. The essential systems were placed in their control, and the two Sith Lords transferred to bacta tanks.

But that wouldn't be enough.

It would be hours before the Resurgent's shields were repaired and the damage sealed, but for now it headed to the edge of the system. A few hours later, the Home One and a New Republic task force arrived and began combing through the wreckage. But the crew of the Resurgent had managed a micro-jump out-system so were, for now, safe.

The damage to the two Sith?

That would take a lot longer to recover.

Wapoe simply sat in the medical bay, pouring over the blackened or cut or bloodied items in the possession of the two Sith Lords before they had been stripped and placed in the tanks - in-fact, some of their attire had needed to be peeled off their skin, as it had fused to it.

For now, he waited until they woke, keeping a vigil over them and taking stock of their losses today.

At least Snoke was just as crippled - if not more, by today.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael
    ---
    IC: Mother

Rakatan Station, Unknown Regions

She had waited millennia for someone to come who was Chosen. The Twins had come first, but they were unstable - mentally and genetically, and Mother knew she could not bequeath her role upon them. It was ancient history that the Rakata had tired to create their own Mother to count Abeloth in their wars against the servants of the Celestials - the Kwa, Gree and Killiks. It was not well known history, but it was history.

This Leda, though, she was perfect. She was powerful, in possession of her faculties, and she had a touch of destiny to her.

Mother would be born, and she would deal with 'Father Snoke' and then her Daughter and Son would rule by her side.

With this power they could claim Mortis, and become.

Sian and Merel led Leda into the depths of the incomplete station, describing biotechnology, reproduction factories, and the schematics of the Galactic Empire that they could mass-produce, and indeed the battle droid armies they could spawn. They told her about the droid army they had sold to Hapes, about the orders from new, shadowed companies that allowed New Republic corporations to act in the former Imperial territories, the experimental designs of the First Order that they intended to reverse-engineer.

Eventually they led her to a chamber, and explained that this was where the power of the Star Forge could be passed on; that the other chambers they had passed, which included all manner of Force sensitive that was being used as a living battery - much like Snoke had with his carbonite batteries on Bedlam. Mad, bad ideas don't fall far from the proverbial apple tree, no?

Leda would hear that voice in her mind, and be reminded of her Master; the black-cloak from her murky past - the man who had named her.

But there it was, and Merel smiled, invitingly, alluringly. "Once you step in here, you will find your true role, at last."

Sian looked concerned still, but had clearly managed to rein in his madness, which would otherwise have spilled over into a murderous tantrum. But it was a close thing...

The chamber was perfectly sized to her, almost conforming as she was led into the room.

It was ready for her.

TAG: @QueenSabe7
    ---
    IC: Shimmer

Explume Minor

"I said to ask a boon and you ask philosophy?" Soliloquy chuckled as he stood and made to embrace her, the first real physical sign of affection he had ever given her, and Shimmer could not help but stiffen in his grip, only reaching for him belatedly. "Um, yeah, good point," she said sheepishly.

"Ah my darling Shimmer, what am I to do with you?" Kissing at her hair he backed away to the ramp, and Shimmer felt heat rise in her cheeks; a fatherly sensation passed between the two of them and she found that she was deeply grateful for it.

"Yes. No. Maybe. We Croke are not native to either your progenitors universe or to your own which is this one. Our creation was rather beyond it, and some might even call this an existential question on how multiples of a universe that is manufactured can have us in them or even have some of the oddly high level issues in multiplicity at all! As for if this is my Explume Minor, well I am about to find that out for myself and the status of the veil here. And no, it is not safe for you outside this ship and possibly not even inside it. If you must fly away wait for my call, and make sure it is me you let back in. Last thing we need is to worry whether you home to a colony of lugubra hatchlings just because someone is feeling peckish over me murdering a score or twelve on our way down."

Shimmer nodded at all of that. All smart, logical, and quintessentially what made the most sense; a stark contrast to the emotional moment that had occurred only a moment ago but she appreciated the versatility of the Master. Soliloquy seemed to have more to say, and she realised the logical aside was to keep his emotions in check.

"How do I look? Just a touch rotting and slimy I hope," he said as he added a hint of ooze coming out of the rapidly connection web of cracks, and Shimmer would have winced at the gooey act if she wasn't so amused - and touched. "Gotta make a good impression on my possible mate or murderer! Right, I am being silly. Clutching will do that to you you know."

He stepped down the ramp and didn't look back, and Shimmer made sure to watch him; the first being she had ever met who cared about her, and indeed, cared enough about her to not show his own fear.

"Master!" Shimmer shouted after him. "You've got this! Knock the slime off them!"

She hoped the sentiment worked, and Shimmer promptly shut the ramp up and booted up the full sensor suite to watch both the battle and the planet itself. Shimmer was determined to look out for her Master as much as possible.

--

As Soliloquy entered the inevitable entrance to the underground network, he was greeted by a form that would be one he recognised as belonging to the only famous Croke in existence; for fame was not something that the species was known for.

[​IMG]

"I thought it appropriate to appear as a form you would recognise, after all," spoke the Croke, clearly having taken the form and applied the same solid-vision Force projection that their species specialised in - to be Force sensitive as well was to take this to another level entirely, as Soliloquy had mastered. "Your father would be proud of you, after all."

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  18. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus was surprised for a moment as he finally reached Darth Styx, only to find her attempting to leave. What was she thinking, having the gaul to abandon her master? To abandon her destiny of being heir to Darth Bane's legacy and the throne of Cocytus's empire. Luckily, there was still time, and the ship had yet to take off. Lady Styx will have to be yet reminded of her place once again.

In Cocytus's cold bitterness, the rain began to turn to snow and the rain storm became a furious blizzard.

As the ramp began to raise up and the engines flared, Cocytus glared at the shuttle and stretched out his hand, reaching out into the Force. Lady Styx would find herself unable to take flight, with the ship being pinned down to the landing platform as if some great hand held it in place. Cocytus approached the ship, raising another hand to grab hold of the ramp, tearing it downward in command to give him access. The Kaminoan Dark Lord swiftly boarded the ship and approached his Apprentice.

"And pray tell me where in the Galaxy don't you think you are going, Lady Styx?" Cocytus asked coldly and calmly and with clear menace. He raised his hand and peered into the other Kaminoan's mind. His eyes flared with anger, but gave a solemn expression of disappointment. "My dear Apprentice, why do you doubt your destiny? Did I not make you my heir to my Empire? Am I not building all that I seek within my vision for you to rule once you prove your power over me? Worry not about Taun We. She will know her place eventually as well once she steps out of line. This Empire is for us to rule alone with all of our successors to follow. Am I not clear, Lady Styx?"

@Sinrebirth

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Entering Explume Minor

Shimmer's words brought a grin to his face as he left. 'Knock the slime off them?' well, yes that was to come after introductions and he was mildly tickled to hear such vulgar language from his apprentice. The truth was that she did not know what she was saying, which made it delightful all the more.

Following the phantasm of a man into the bowels of the world was expected, that the passage still allowed these forms a little less so. He hadn't had to shrink yet, and that was worrying. Training children and using forms to make things easier were well and good, but this was a sign that he was not being led straight into the community. That meant only one thing, a test or a murder.

He had so hoped that his outward display was enough and possibly a size shift to fit the tunnels would be enough before his entrance into society. As the other turned and revealed his guise Soliloquy smiled sadly at what he saw. Infamy or celebrity depending on one's point of view and words of fame and proud fathers. "Yes, mother would be disappointed though." he said with a shake of his head. "Thank you for the polite affront, but any face is truly acceptable. After all, who hasn't worn that one after the infamy it instilled. I would have rathered to see the face of Firtha than Gepta, Firtha has his romantic qualities in the beauty of the darkness and the slime that is so appropriate to clutching. Gepta gives the vibe that you are here to kill me. I imagine this is because of my recent lapse in judgment? Shall we get down to it and what the punishment has been decided?" he quiped with a negligent wave of a hand as he probed the form before him and the ways around them. Nothing was likely what it seemed.

20. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn
    Ta’a doesn’t seem pleased with me

Renn grinned, pulsed a ’Let’s have some fun!’ to Helenith, then skated to the side, drawing his foes away from the others. In less than a second the stoic facade he wore was gone and a roaring terentatek was standing in his place. Rumbling forward through the gas the thick hide seemingly shrugged off the projectiles, although he knew he’d need to let himself heal later.

In his new form he charged the three guards that had been sent his way. Grabbing one with one over large arm and clawed hand, he strained against the repulsors as the guard attempted to squeeze free of his grasp. A grunting cough as he overcame the armor and the guard flew past the Royals to impact with a thud against the far wall, sliding down it before he came back to his feet.

He barreled into the second, grappling the man and armor, trying to keep the slug throwers from accidentally aiming at the others, his Craziness especially. The fingers interlaced with the fingers of the suit and the maw of his form closed over the helmeted head of the guard. Closing it, he felt the crunch of armor and some pain as teeth sheared while biting, but he was not ready to die against such a foe. His clawed hands closed as well, puncturing the suits and between the impending decapitation and the hands of the suit nearly being sheared off the buzzing screech of the cybernetic Hapan was music to his ears.

The third grabbed the terentatek form and punched fingers into the side, firing at point blank range. Renn felt the projectiles sear through his flesh and he shook the massive head, ripping the helmet of the second free of the armor, head still inside. As that body collapsed, almost bonelessly to the floor, oil, blood, and other fluids seeping out he released his grasp on the corpse and his entire form shifted again, turning without moving, now directly facing the last guard while the first staggered back toward them.

One hand punched downward, severing the gauntleted hand of the guard where it still stuck into his body, the other shifting even as he punched, into an almost razor sharp point. It punched clean through the chest of the guard and lifted, sweeping back and forth, up and down as it battered the guard against the floor, walls, and ceiling. As pieces began to flake off, limbs to fall, he retracted the arm and the guard fell with a clatter, at his feet.

Spinning around he faced the slightly concussed guard staggering toward him. Spitting out the head of the second, a craggy smile as it impacted the chest of the first guard he felt the floor shudder as he raced toward the hapless guard. Several steps before the guard he shifted once more, becoming a very fluid, agile, and most importantly stretchy form. He hit the guard and as the Hapan tried to peel him from his armor he wrapped himself around the form. The two of them toppled to the floor as Renn completely covered the armor and Hapan inside in his flesh. He slowly began squeezing inward, satisfying crunches and squeals of servos echoing around the room. He could feel more shots coming from the gauntlets, the projectiles causing gushes of his ‘blood’ to spurt forth each time they exited.

Soon even that ceased and he slowly unwrapped himself, slithering across the floor until he shifted back to the ‘dark’ form, close to Helinith, multiple wounds crisscrossing his body but the remains of the three guards dotting the floor. He held himself erect, the pain there but kept distant as there were still the royals to deal with. ”A little too crunchy for my taste, think you have the right idea with some nice soft candy, my Craziness.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @DarthIshyZ, @darthhelinith, @Silvertough

21. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Inner Courtyard

The fighting moved into the terraced courtyards of the palace as the group of Sith pushed onwards. As Renn took up a rear guard, Ludex murdered his way indiscriminately through rows of humans and Serapis fried everything in their way, Helinith's job switched to crowd control and making sure that nothing escaped from the group's deadly judgement.

She leapt around the perimeters, dangling from ceilings, balconies and buttresses, hounding and herding the opposition into a tight bottleneck, pursuing any that tried to escape by leaping onto their backs and enacting swift and terrible retribution with her knives.

How the tables had turned since she and Renn had been fighting for their lives a few hours earlier. Now, it was quickly becoming a rout and she was enjoying herself immensely.

The inner sanctum reached, she jumped back down to join the others, standing beside Renn and waiting for her next instructions. The thick steel door ripped like paper in front of the former master as Insipid tore down the defences with one flick of his wrist. Helinith leaned around from behind him, eager to see what was inside, but the six armoured guards charging out at them blocked her view.

One headed straight for her and her first instinct was to activate her lightsaber and raise her hands to force push it away. The guard staggered back slightly but the little arrow things that shot out of his fingers were barely affected; one grazed across her cheek and through her right ear, cutting it in half, two others slammed into her shoulder and the last narrowly missed her neck. Her right deltoid exploded with pain and blood flooded her ear canal and began trickling down the side of her head.

She took a breath to steady herself and tried to focus on using, channelling the pain. As the soldier pushed forward again towards her, she became aware that her right arm was no longer responding like it should so she dropped her lightsaber and sent a weak barrage of force lightning his way. As he came closer she channelled her pain more intently and his slowed movements fed her delight at seeing him suffer. She would make him pay for that painful attack and those nasty liquid-y arrow things.

Five more suddenly shot at her from his other hand but this time she knew they were there and was prepared. Even as her force lightning continued, she felt each one launch and gently flicked their flight away from her, sending them spiralling away, out of control. Her success fed her even more and the lightning got hotter, threatening to sear her own flesh as she emptied into the cybernetic soldier everything she hated about Hapes; the stupid politics, the lusty monarchs…

There was a smell of burnt flesh as the lightning, which had now melted the armour on the cybernetic guard, began working on the encased flesh underneath. He didn't scream- Helinith suspected he wasn't capable of it- but he fell forwards onto his knees in a very satisfying way. She ended the force lightning there, convinced that if he wasn't yet dead, he soon would be.

She sighed and took stock of her own injuries. Her arm and shoulder ached awfully and she noted that there were splatters of her own blood starting to drip onto the floor.

Looking up, Renn meandered over to her, looking the worst she'd ever seen him. Sap was trickling across his bark from many deep wounds, though it already seemed to be hardening over, providing protection.

”A little too crunchy for my taste, think you have the right idea with some nice soft candy, my Craziness.”

She grinned and opened her mouth to respond, instead there was a shallow cough and the metallic taste of blood.

It was suddenly really hard to breath. The left side of her chest was screaming with pain with every breath she tried to take. She put her hand to it as she continued to gasp for air and it came away covered in blood. Her heart fluttered, desperately clawing for oxygen and she fell forward.

The last flechette had fired and pierced her straight through the lung.

Tag: @darthbernael @DarthIshyZ @Silvertough @Sinrebirth

22. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Hapan hoedown

Getting here had taken a lot out of him. When the doors opened, Serapis just wanted to kill more, but he was weakened. He did recognize the armored beings that came out. Hapan guards were trained in their use at the Academy. They were formidable. They still had their vulnerabilities.

Three went for Renn. That left one each for the rest of them. "What, boys? You don't think I have it in me? You trained with me! Come on!" These were different. He didn't remember the gauntlets being the same.
    He tried to light his guard up. Cast some lightning. But it was barely enough to slow him down. Helinith seemed to be doing well with hers. The guard attacking her was having some serious difficulties. His guard raised those gauntlets. Serapis raised his lightsaber. The one he had named Hadzuska. Trial run, baby!

He activated the orange blade. The guard fired. What came at him gave him a serious fright. Some molten slugs were coming at him. Serapis remembered back to when he took on the woman he was teamed with on Bellorum's gambling ship. When he betrayed her. Those slugs had burned right through his saber and burned right into his skin. He dodged one flechette, but contacted another. It deflected, but couldn't be aimed. A relief of sorts. This he could work with.

He flashed his blade left and right, taking out bolt after bolt. Getting closer and closer to the guard. A smile came across his lips as he recognized the guard in the suit. They had been in the Academy together. The guards fright was evident in his aura and stance. "Goodbye, old friend." Serapis turned his saber a full turn and cut the guards hands clean off. Then he thrust through the armor. It gave slowly, but it gave. He could hear the groan of his fellow guard as he penetrated his chest and pierced his heart.

That's when he heard the gurlging scream. He turned back and found Helinith collapsed, and Renn going to her. She had taken some of the flechettes through her lung and was collapsed. He would check on her afterward. There was a task to complete.

He waltzed up to Secciah. No words to her. She didn't deserve them. Her head left her shoulders seconds later. Ta'a stood nearby. "Correcting a 'mistake,' my queen." An evil smile as reached up and snapped her neck with the Force. Poetry he thought. Two queens. Same death.

That left three of them that didn't seem to be a threat. Iudex had this. Serapis turned to go back to Helinith to check her out.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @Silvertough, @darthhelinith, @darthbernael

23. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Yes, Lore galore with @Sinrebirth

IC Hunger
    Repair and recovery

The Resurgent flew along and Wapoe waited as they healed but in the bacta tanks, at least in the one containing Bernael, now even more true to the title Emperor Insipid had given him, more Hunger, was not as peaceful as the gently rising bubbles inside seemed to indicate. Energy continued to flow into him, before he’d fallen into the healing sleep he’d ensured that that Hunger did not fully drain the crew that had returned, but merely siphoned small amounts to assist the tank in it’s healing of his physical form.

As the energy flowed and the tank worked the charred and burned skin flaked and was slowly being replaced by healthy skin, muscles regrew, knit together, strengthened. The new energy granted by the essence of his Father from this timeline had its own thoughts on his regeneration and it touched the joined essence of he and his Father from his original timeline, opening the mindscape and ‘standing’ before Hunger, ’In my eons of wait I have long pondered what must be done should one of my children take up my mantle. You have the shell that will hold me, us, but you must be strengthened.’

While it spoke it touched upon the physical, rebuilding the mental web, resheathing muscles and organs, rebuilding the skeleton so that all could withstand the strain of being conjoined with the Gods. In that time, Hunger gazed upon it, in his mind, and then he felt other presences gathering, touching his mindscape. ’Father, it seems you are not alone, that you revealing yourself here has gained the attention of others.’

The belief was accurate; into this realm Typhojem had nearly, inexorably, inevitably, crossed over. At Bedlam he had sought to cross the divide between realities - between worlds - an arrival of which would have been an epitaph for the entire galaxy. In that twilight moment He had reached across, revealing that he had consumed much of his siblings and elders.

Indeed, those lesser elements had conspired with Soliloquy to damage Him, though Typhojem had inevitably snuffed them out with a mild exertion - one of a dozen distractions which had enabled the Sith to prevent the Left Handed Lord destroying them all.

However, those deaths had left shades in the Force here; for in Death all realities were one.

Untethered, unmoored, and unsubstantial, these lamenting remnants had no point to convalesce around, until here and now.

Bernael had tapped into the creative energies that birthed his species, as well as dozens other monstrous forms; Hutts, Vagaari, Rakata and more besides, all shaped by the Architects a hundred millennia ago, all containing a flicker of a connection to the monstrous experimenter that had created them from his own flesh.

The Father of the Anzati was an ancient deity known as Cold Danda Sine, and flocking upon his emergence - a moment cultivated across the millennia of Bernael's existence - were the broken slithers of a soul that embodied the other Old Ones; Ooru, El-Shuddem, Abeloth... even the recently wounded Mnggal-Mnggal, oily and betrayed and devastated by another encounter with it's Croke nemesis.

They didn't speak so much as hover, pressing, caressing, twisting, around Bernael in his mindscape, seeking purchase and a way to become corporeal - to exist again.

As he stood on the plain, facing the second of his Father’s essences to have joined him, he began to recognize those that approached. His lip twitched, sensing that his many wide and varied cousins, aunt, and uncles, their fragments were trying to see purchase within him. He was aware that the power they represented would allow his own power to grow, but that they would also try to twist them to their own designs.

’They come to be reborn but can their power be tapped without allowing them to corrupt my, our purpose, Father?’

The shape before him turned, amusement seemed to seep from it as its gaze crossed those gathered, ’My sister and brothers can be made to see that giving you power will further their own purposes without corrupting you to their purpose instead of mine, but their offspring, we would have to merge as you have with my essence from your timeline to safely siphon them. And that time is not yet.’

Hunger considered, deciding upon what course would be most effective. ’Then I will follow your advice, Father, allow them their attempts to seduce while knowing they do so, but let you convince what remains of my aunt and uncles to further the plan. Perhaps good vessels can be found along the way to allow the fragments to be reborn, much as you remade my kind, at the dawn.’

Give us your essence so we may be something again...

... take heart, you are not alone...

... apart, a part, apart, a part, part, part, part...

... combined, our revenge will be complete upon the Sith...

The voices were mere echoes in the night, almost indecipherable in their differences. They were circling him, girdling him, corroding him, to weaken the line between them and him and him and them.

Hunger, the combination of Cold Danda Sine and Bernael looked upon the gathered fragments, sought one out. Reaching out with the power of the Father, touching the essence of the Father in this timeline they touched upon the crazed mind of El-Shuddem. ’To borrow the Prime Universe language our son, Mnggal-Mnggal, used at his birth,

Tilotny, silentium tuum, filios, aut pulsus a mea praesentia, tempore in omni.

Facere et ut vigent iterum a latere meo.

The presence, even of the differing timeline Sine flooded the space around Hunger, announcing his presence. While the essence from this timeline stood and waited, without fully revealing himself, the mere presence of the Trickster God caused many of the hissing sibilants and pressures to fade.

A girlish chuckle. You do not make a shape of reality. You bore, and plan, and scheme. What is dead may one day live, but in Death I lived forever, in my children and my Daughter. I curse you, as you cursed me, with the voices of torment, for ever more.

Indeed, a grip seized upon Bernael, and though none of the whispers had any purchase on his reality, they would, he knew, persist - for time, indeed.

’Even in her fragmentation, my dear sister is arrogant, willful, does not see the way back from the depths of her depravity. But time will tell and we shall see what power her curse has. For now, take the power that is freely given, without recompense, and be reinvigorated.’ The shape before Hunger moved closer, merging with him, slipping into the recesses of his mind, the Sine of this timeline, hiding himself from outside view until it was time to be revealed.

In the bacta tank, Hunger began to stir. His movements caused a fine layer of the dead and destroyed flesh and skin to flow away from his body, revealing the last workings of the healing process. Curiously, the brands upon his cheeks were not the only ones that now adorned him. Two distinct female faces, curves and planes of them similar, as of a mother and daughter, adorned each upper arm and on one side of his ribs a twisted, dark, monstrosity, seeming to endlessly flow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even as he healed, it could be seen from the outside that changes were being wrought upon his flesh. He was now slightly taller, his skin had taken on a more grey cast, and his musculature, while still formed to one accustomed to the hunt and silent kills, was slightly bulkier. The Force whispered around him, in a low cacophony of voices, smaller shriller ones vying for attention against deeper ones, and even more smaller ones seemed to join in as the time passed, as though he had become a magnet for such.

Finally, shuddering slightly, his eyes opened, the deep black of them now included flecks of various colors, swirling around the centers. They slowly came into focus, panning the room until they lit upon Wapoe. A thought drifted from the bacta tank, in an odd cadence, as though several voices were trying to say the words at once, ’I must admit, these are faster than the healing sleep, old friend. But I am not a fish and would rather be on my feet.’

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto (Mentioned)

1Tilotny, silence your children, or driven out from my presence, in any time
    Do so and you may thrive again by my side.

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Manticore
    Reprieve and Reasseement

His eyes remained closed, yet he was aware of the breathing mask upon his face, as well as the fact that he was submerged in liquid bacta, that he was inside a tank; healing.

This was all fairly familiar and routine for the former Battlelord and Stygian Executor. Being at the edge of death, repeatedly, and somehow not being granted that final release, not that he wished release, but only that it was all par for the course.

Once again his flesh had been charred black by a mighty foe. He smiled at that, despite himself, pain immediately stabbing at his face muscles. Skywalker, Sian, Snoke. These enemies were his measuring rods. The zabrak was strong, yet he needed to become stronger still, and he very much looked forward to that eventuality.

Within the tank, Manticore’s mind turned inward. Indeed, there would be time enough to push his training even further than what it was now, to break-through his current limitations, but that was not his focus. Beside the unexpected setbacks suffered during his bid to assist the Emperor to solidify a Sith stronghold in the current timeline, he had gained something he had not predicted: A bother-in-arms.

This was not mere sentiment, it was a boon, and unforeseen benefit; especially at a time when it would be too easy to fall apart due to foolish internecine squabbling, not unlike what was witnessed during the banquet at Kesh. But that was, thankfully, no longer a concern.

What concerned him now was the future of the sith.

The Sith. They had been fractured and scattered to different realities; and here, their own history was significantly different, to the extent that only a Loremaster, such as Darth Insipid or Bernael, could reliably navigate those changes.

The Sith presently faced a dire challenge to their existence. At the very core, Sith Culture appeared to be much changed to nigh-insignifice in this galaxy, which differed from their participation in shaping events their true timeline. Here, The New Republic thrived in ways he had not experienced, though the lack of innumerable Jedi did seem most curious. In addition, the First Order did seem to enjoy heightened greatness as well, not to mention Snoke's apparent elevated status and power.

The Kronos Twins were a definite threat to their presence, seeing how they wished to establish their own mad rule though sheer unbridled might. Of a truth, this was no empty boast. Besides, they had kidnapped one of the newly appointed Sith Council, the Lord of Pain. An act that could not go unpunished.

Then, there was the traitorous Kaminoan. A sith who sought to re-establish the rule of two at this time, chiefly for his own benefit. Manticore could muster some respect for any sith with the gumption to follow his own path, even if he wholly disagreed with it, but he had no stomach for the likes of the opportunistic blind betrayer.

These were the pieces on the board, and each, he wagered, possessed some manner of Artifact or Device which granted them an advantage of some kind. Thus far, the Sith themselves had no Space faring Fleet or armies of Foot Soldiers to speak off. That needed to change. Hmmm. Perhaps it was time for him to visit Dathomir.

It was…difficult…to formulate plans and strategize with resources they did not yet posses, thus, a rethinking of that process was paramount.

As he mentally cycled through different sith artifacts that could possibly be helpful, Manticore kept in mind that they would not necessarily exist in the timeline they now inhabited. His mind did veer toward the bitter fact of having lost Tulak Hord’s Holocron, but he ignored that, as there was nothing to be done about it at the moment. However, Tulak Hord’s Red Engine held some promise as a replacement, but that too was not a focus.

It was the Darkstaff that finally won his attention over the various other artifacts he'd pondered. Here was an item that possessed epically devastating might, accompanied with risk and danger to match. But in the right hands, it could very well turn the tide of any titanic encounter. They question now was, did it exist here and was it something they could acquire in relative ‘short order’.

These things he did ponder as he floated within the healing tank. The survival of the Sith depended on their collective success, across many fronts. Soon the time would come to rejoin the fight anew, and he planned to be ready to do so, with renewed vigor, as well as a plan.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  25. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Altercation at Hapan

"Hmph." Iudex grunted in acknowledgement, observing the armored Hapans charging their position. These guards were different, more.. advanced then the cannon fodder the Sith had cut through earlier. These ones might even pose a threat..

Iudex reignited his blade, positioning it diagonally between himself and the lone guard sprinting towards him. He narrowed his eyes at the figure, especially interested in the fact the guard had no apparent weapon to speak of. Very curious.

His musing were cut short, as was the previously dull crimson cape which adorned his shoulders. Heated shards of metal exploded out from the sprinting guards outstretched fingers, the flechette rounds shredding through his fluttering cape in an instant and impacting the wall behind. Iudex dove to the side into an awkward roll, cursing as his assailant fired his weapon again, its rounds impacting the ground Iudex had just been occupying.

Before the Falleen could even recover, the guard was once again upon him, using a combination of thruster assisted leaps and jumps to continuously to force Iudex back onto the defensive. The guard fired again, peppering Iudex's armor with dents and scrapes as he attempted to block the metal shards with his blade. But they were too small, and far too quick, and most unfortunate of all, when his lightsaber did manage to connect, instead of redirecting the shards as one would with a blaster bolt, the shards melted within the blade, showering Iudex with tiny pieces of molten metal.

Letting out a pained growl, Iudex charged forward, the clank clank clank of his armor jostling about reverberating around the courtyard. He had attempted to play defensively, tried to learn about the armament of his opponent, but it wasn't working. The blasted guard refused to give him any breathing room with his infernal flechette weapon anyway. Defense wasn't working, it was time for Iudex to slip into a more.. familiar role. Besides, the armor would protect him.

The guard, astonished to see the hulking Falleen suddenly sprinting at him, instead of the other way around, paused, if only for a moment. But it was just long enough.

Iudex, now a mere half dozen feet away, switched off his lightsaber and gripped it upside down in one hand, the other sending a powerful force pull around the assailant. The guard lept backwards, and with the help of the repulsors adorning his enclosed suit, managed to move a decent distance, but not far enough.

The pull wasn't intended to fully stop him. Iudex had seen what little effect pushes and pulls had on these guards, as made evident by Helinith. No, Iudex simply wanted to slow him down.

Letting out a blood-curdling roar of rage, Iudex jumped after him, slamming both himself and the guard into one of the courtyard's many stone pillars through combined momentum. Iudex heard something crunch from within the suit of armor, a noise sent delightful shivers down his spine. Iudex, grunting as he felt his shoulder's creak, slowly rose from the moaning guard, now just a partially crushed heap at the bottom of a stone pillar.

Iudex stretched, rising to his full height. Insipid was clear in his orders. All were to die, save one. Iudex cast a wayward eye to his allies, surprised to find both Helinith and Renn dangerously injured. Hmph. Not as powerful as I thought.. His gaze slowly made it's way back to the moaning guard at his feet, his fist tightening in resentment around his lightsaber hilt.

"Congratulations are in order. You have earned the highest honor I can bestow upon an enemy." The Falleen grunted as he knelt over the guard, his knees on either side of the guard's chest. "A slow death." Iudex sneer dissolved, replaced by cold fury.

Iudex slammed the pommel of his hilt down into the helmet of the guard. Over, and over again. He didn't stop when the visor cracked, exposing the bloodied and terrified eyes of a defeated enemy. Or when the cries of pain were replaced by incoherent gurgling as his windpipe was shredded by shards of broken bone.

He only stopped when his hilt fractured the stone flooring underneath. Darth Iudex let out a pained exhale, dropping his viscera-covered lightsaber into it's sheathe before clutching at his ribs. "Blasted slugthrowers.." He muttered, ignored the stabbing pain he felt with every inhale. A broken rib or two were an easy fix. A fix which could be made later. A dead squadmember would through a wrench in the whole operation.

Clenching his fist, Iudex slowly ambled his way over to Helinith and Renn, ignoring the trickle of warm liquid oozing from a series of small holes under his left ribs.

Tags: @Sinrebirth . @darthbernael , @DarthIshyZ , @darthhelinith