main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN New Sith Trials: Dark Reach: Episode I: An Order Remade

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jul 1, 2019.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The following a combo with Sinrebirth – it's always a pleasure! :D

IC: Arek Eross and Darth Insipid the Lesser
    Shuttle, Above Mustafar

They reached the rendezvous point with no further resistance from the Vong fleet, three ships decanting silently from hyperspace above the volcanic world of Mustafar. Arek issued a sigh of relief and pressed his head back against the pilot’s seat, his blue eyes scanning the wide expanse of the red planet as it loomed large outside his cockpit canopy. He could not fathom why the mysterious man had chosen this barren place as their destination, but he found it strangely alluring. It was as if something was calling out to him from the surface, eagerly waiting to be discovered.

Was that only his imagination, or another facet of the divine intuition that had acted as his guide for all these years? He couldn’t explain it, he had simply learned to trust it.

It was very similar to how he had known to trust the mysterious man. Arek had taken a huge risk by following him at his word, but there was nothing to hint at deception. Even now, as the man opened the comm channel and instructed him to dock with his shuttle, he sensed no ill-intent. He sounded sincere as he expressed his desire to save him.

But...why?

That question served as motivation for him to heed the man’s instructions. Well, that...and the fact that he was dangerously low on fuel. The TwinTail wouldn’t survive another jump through hyperspace without a service stop. Plus, he felt indebted to the man for saving his life. He couldn’t just run away without offering his gratitude.

With his mind made up, Arek wrestled the TwinTail into position against the docking ring and waited for the pressure to equalize before stepping down to enter the shuttle’s interior. He then exhaled heavily, removing his helmet and running a hand through his mop of brown hair, his duffel bag and sniper rifle slung over one shoulder. That’s when he noted the lone figure approaching, clothed in a hooded cloak with a sceptre, or a cane of some sort nestled in one hand. Arek raised his brow perceptively; this was not how he had pictured his savior.

“Uh, are you the Predator pilot?” he asked promptly, slipping back into his usual routine from his time as an officer on the Nubian Security Force. His hand instinctively tightened on the rifle strap. “I’m afraid I didn’t catch your name, but I admire your skills. That was some pretty quick thinking back there. If you hadn’t come by when you did, I uh--well, let me just say thank you.”

Arek pressed his lips together and scoffed. “But I’m not sure what I’ve done to deserve your generosity. The galaxy has become a dangerous place. It’s everyone for themselves.”

“It’s everyone for themselves until we do something about it,” Insipid said. “My name is... well, you may call me Aden.”

Insipid paused, eyeing the blaster, and taking a step forward, leaning on his staff. “A weapon won’t do you any good here, I am afraid. It doesn’t do any good nowadays at all. Only by turning away from violence do we have the chance of surviving.” True, but it was untrue for today. Two hundred millennia ago it might have made a difference.

But not now.

A thin smile came to Arek’s lips as he canted his head to the side to regard this Aden. He had heard that kind of rhetoric before, a long time ago in a place and time he would rather forget. Of course, it made sense from a practical standpoint, but aside from a select few, who was around to care?

Perhaps deep down, they were both in agreement on that sentiment.

He clenched the blaster even tighter and issued a soft sigh. “Sorry,” he uttered with a low drawl. “I guess it’s hard to brush aside old habits.”

Insipid took a deep breath, pulling back his hood to reveal not the visage of the Son, but his typical blue-haired, red-spectacled visage. The spectacles had no arms so seemed to precariously balance upon his nose, but they lent the air of a mystic or librarian to him.

“You are the son of Aryan Graul, I believe.” Insipid raised a hand to forestall him. “I am sorry to have had to bring him into the conversation. I am aware that he did not leave your mother on the best terms.”

Arek visibly tensed and fixed the other man with a hard glare, silently scrutinizing him as he tried to gauge his intentions. He thought the reasoning behind his daring rescue had seemed a little too...gratuitous for his liking. It all made sense now, right down to the man’s scholarly appearance. Aden had likely been in league with his wayward father at some point, or perhaps he was seeking retribution for something Graul had done to victimize him.

Either way, he would not find the answers here. Arek had not had any contact with his father for nearly five years. If the rumors were true about his association with the Sith, there was no telling what had become of his fate when The End had plunged the galaxy into an eternal darkness. And quite frankly, he didn’t really care.

The only thing that concerned him was the offhand way he had mentioned his mother.

“That’s putting it mildly,” Arek groused under his breath, seeming to wither under the memories. He inhaled deeply to compose himself before the familiar ache could return to his chest and overtake him.

“I hope you didn’t come all this way simply to dredge up old wounds,” he continued in a more solemn tone, his blue eyes darkening to a stormy gray to reflect his inner turmoil. “Everyone always assumes that we start out at the same place.” He breathed out through his nose and shook his head. “We don’t. And I’d like to move on.”

Insipid smiled, leaning on his staff with two hands to create the impression of his age. "Oh, not at all. I merely -"

He tripped, throwing the staff forward so that it would roll towards the man. Insipid caught himself, apologising. "I am so sorry, I am an old man, it does happen, but can you...?"

Insipid indicated the staff.

While Arek had the instinctive urge to rush forward and offer his assistance to the ailing Aden, he refrained from acting on those impulses. Instead, he held his ground and simply studied the older man with narrowed eyes. The display was enough to raise his suspicions; it had all seemed rather staged. Again, he had to consider the circumstances – the horrid state of the galaxy, the random encounter in the middle of nowhere, and the casual way he had mentioned both his mother and father.

What did he hope to gain here? And why Mustafar? He realized that Aden had never truly answered either of those questions, except to reaffirm that he had wanted to save him. It was too vague for his liking, and Arek remained unconvinced.

Inhaling deeply, he tried one last time to utilize his unique insight to gauge the man’s intentions, but once more, he felt nothing to suggest aggression or hostility. If anything, he was able to discern a hint of…amusement? Perhaps he really was just a crazy old man...

With a soft scoff, Arek shuffled forward, his blue eyes never wavering from Aden’s form. “I’m beginning to think you just got lucky out there,” he noted candidly, leaning down to retrieve the discarded staff. “You should be more careful.”

A small smirk touched his lips as he straightened to his full height and extended his arm to return the wooden staff to its owner.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Update 1 of 2

IC: Darth Insipid, Lesser

Near Mustafar

Insipid curled his expression into one of satisfaction, as Arek held the staff. And then the vision began.

His eyes rolled into his head, and Insipid rushed over to catch him as he fell. He pressed his forehead to the younger mans and closed his eyes to listen into his mind.

The room was black, black, black. When the light flashed on, and a sophisticated narcissist of a voice laughed, Arek had a glimpse of a room full of scars on the walls; lightsabers scars on beskar, Insipid recognised, and Arek understood too, though he would not detect the second stream of consciousness in his own mind. The man was not one either of them would acknowledge, but he snorted. "Arek Graul, to think it is you. When I heard about an Echo that the Sceptre had detected during Operation Shadow Hand, I hadn't expected it to be you. What tragedy to think that now I preside over this project for Tavion, and it involves the one man I wanted nothing to do with ever again. It all makes sense now; why Aryan could not touch the Force... because of you existing! The Echo travels down the family... but for you to feel the Force while your children live... oh, Arek. Oh, oh, oh. They're not yours? Did you know? Please - tell me that Sentan Moor hasn't told you something you didn't know?"

The moment ended and Insipid would have a moment of pondering. The names, the dates, they were far, far in the past. Insipid trudged up memories of what had happened in that era. Operation Shadow Hand was the last gasp of Emperor Palpatine's Dark Empire, a hundred and fifty years ago...

he was so deeply engrossed in his thought process that he completely failed to think that Arek may have some kind of arguably violent reaction to this treacherous old man not being so infirm as he thought, and who was now especially in his personal space.

TAG: @HanSolo29
    ---
    IC: Darth Insipid, Greater
    Kuat City, Kuat, through Customs

Insipid went to lengths to become more sober as they walked, silently nudging Leda to lead them a direction he was tapping her nose with. There were still Stormtroopers abounding, and it would not do for them to trip up here. Nonetheless, he allowed his pleasure at seeing Manticore and Bernael pass through security without incident. In short order they hailed an air-taxi, and, in silence, made it to their hotel, which Insipid had previously confirmed was the same one that Ormes Apolin was presently resident. They had a relatively short window to meet with him, before he was scooped up by his team for a press conference of unspecified length or whom with.

In one hour, that is. When they arrived and the door clicked shut behind them, Insipid checked his 'sniffer' for listening devices and held his finger up for them to be silent until... he appraised the room as it did it's job. A double bed with a vanity curtain, and a single bed. A desk opposite, with the mirror above, which doubled as a view screen. The bodyguard would not be expected to sleep, after all, and to make use of stims to stay awake and on-guard. The vanity curtain was for obvious reasons, though the telbun would not be allowed to sleep there. The vanity curtain was designed to block-noise, too, because while the husband was expected to be present, he didn't near to hear all the salacious details, did he? The sniffer chimed at last - all clear.

"Excellent work everyone," he said, accepting and distributing weapons parts to the team for them to reassemble as he plopped himself on the edge of the double bed. "Phase One is complete. We have an hour until our meeting with the Senator, and then we are on." He passed to each of them synced chronos, of a relatively expensive appearing variety. Fake, of course. "The meeting area is a booked area to the rear of the hotel. The Senator will have operatives set it up before we arrive, but his team has another appointment beforehand so they are likely going to sweep the room early, and leave a guard behind to keep an eye." Insipid pointed at Leda and Bernael. "You two are to go down to the room, either suborn the guard or whatever measure they have left to ensure we do not interfere with the room, and plant these listening devices." He passed two to Bernael and Leda a piece. They were small and nondescript, and could be clipped to a light fitting or attached to the bottom of a chair. "We can use these against the Senator should he betray us."

He chose them for obvious reasons; Bernael's natural Anzati inclinations meant that he could interfere with minds with his telepathic skills, Leda was female, so when inevitably the Senator used a former Imperial to screen the room, that meant male... before Insipid even took into account that Leda was a supposedly skilled assassin, though he had never seen her in-action.

"Lord Manticore and I will be here, working through the remainder details of the order." He gestured to a datapad. "He has not had opportunity to review these with me, after all. I would appreciate the Zabrak military mind being applied to this." Insipid smiled thinly, nodding to the others. "Dismissed; though you can shower or... whatever, before we go." He lazily indicated the refresher, and tugged two chairs out from under the desk.

The room in question was marked on the datascreen their chrono had, which was in-fact guarded by a single Imperial, but he was a cyborg, and designed to resist mental interference with, thanks to the twin implants on the side of his head. Insipid had been correct that the Senator's team had screened the room before... but they were not fools, and Leda and Bernael, as and when they went, would have an interest challenge to move the man from the door he guarded...

... and Manticore and Insipid could have a chat.

TAG: @QueenSabe7, @darthbernael, @greyjedi125
    ---
    IC: Takaris Yur

Shuttle, hulled

They were running out of time to breath, and Yur already felt light-headed. He rushed to a pod and palmed it, spitting the sphere outward - which was promptly snatched up by another tractor beam; they had been anticipating him. Quickly he snapped across the comms, forcing himself to remember the rudimentary lessons Insipid had taught him in the last year. "Tractor beam on me! Do not launch; repeat, do not launch!"

Of course, a minute had gone by already.

Serapis would find Bo unconscious, and sensors told him that the human was unresponsive, but alive. The dip in oxygen level had almost no impact on the Grand Vizier, and even less on Serapis, as a droid. Ser@pis chimed in. Oxygen levels dropping rapidly, other crew members will lose consciousness swiftly.

Helinith and Renn were in their pods, preparing to launch, when Yur snapped across the comlinks; the dip in oxygen in the shuttle proper would have impacted the Neti more than Helinith, as, well, for want of a better of a way of saying it, he was part tree. They needed to think smartly if they were to avoid losing consciousness aboard the shuttle... and avoid capture in their escape pods, though they were ostensibly isolated from the shuttle in their pods.

They only had a few minutes before they would be aboard the Hapan Battle Dragon anyway... they just needed to stay conscious for longer...

Malkuth's eyes briefly flashed in Helinith's memory; so similar to Insipid, for of course he was a clone of the man, but also so much more intense - always chiding her, when Insipid's eyes could be warm, and soft, grateful for his apprentice. Malkuth's never were. For Renn, he would have an oxygen-withdrawal-induced vision of his old friends Kate and Kara, a long, long, time ago. Was it fitting to remember them, nearing what could be the end?

They needed smarts, not negativity, but the Hapans were attacking them in a very specific, prepared manner.

TAG: @darthhelinith, @DarthIshyZ, @darthbernael, @Snokers
    ---
    IC: Unknown

Haunting

For a moment, Drost would have the visage of the hooded man in his mind, much as a flash of him appeared in Soliloquy's mind's eye. Black in vision, black in robe, nondescript in a hundred ways, but oppressively staring. Apparently some component that Soliloquy had used in creation of his shell, it had indeed been older than not, and indeed had been given to him.

How unlikely was it that both of them had met the same man, in a different timeline to each other, with three millennia separating them?

[​IMG]

It was a cold, dark, curiosity.

To the Miraluka, the last words of the man before he 'reluctantly' released the coordinates to Drost had been a begrudging. "Good luck, as and when you need it." There had, in hindsight, been a terrible emphasis placed on when...

... to Soliloquy, the man had but a handful of words more than even the short sentence Drost had left with. "When all is said in done, you were caught, and caught good and proper. Whether you can become more than you are, that's up to you. Just remember, when you strip away all that sophistry, that you're just base Darkness, and nothing more or less... but I need that to create my new world, so don't shy from it, my friend."

But, as much as the Sidious AI and Cocytus and indeed Kronos and Esmerelda were interrupted by their reversion from hyperspace, they two were broken from their reverie by TRAYUS chiming in across all comms. "We have arrived; the Prime Minister of Kamino has given us coordinates to arrive. Team One; Lord's Soliloquy, Cocytus and Drost, you are to head to the front ramp now. Team Two; Lord Kronos, Lady Esmerelda, please prepare to depart via the underbelly hatch; sensor baffling jumpsuits are ready for to dress within."

Sure enough, a Kaminoan was standing by the entrance, not outside in the rain, of course, but ready to receive them. The Force hummed with the concentration of life in Tipoca City, which did not look as if it had been nearly as ravaged in the Galactic Civil War as it would have done in their prior timeline. Out of them all, only Cocytus would know that the world had been attacked by the Rebels hunting an end to the Starkiller clone project, in a great victory which had resulted in the temporary capture of Darth Vader... and even then, Cocytus might not know or even care for what was ancient history when they left the old timeline.

At most, they would all know that the clones that fought the Clone Wars had originated here, and had birthed the recently fallen Empire by slaughtering the Jedi in Order 66; that was basic history that Insipid had required them all to know. They were on, and had to get sorted. They had last minute interactions to finalise before they were on stage.

Esmerelda rubbed aside her tears and stood up, despondent but determined to discover the truth, notwithstanding what Kronos had said. But she was, thanks to his honesty, much akin to a too-tightly wound instrument; one pluck away from snapping. She needed softening... before he told her the rest.

Trayus allowed his photoreceptors to glaze over.

Flesh and blood and hormones.

If it could have shivered, it would have done.

A sentiment rose within the droid that would have amused some millennia ago, in a different time.

Meatbags.

TAG: @Silvertough, @Mitth_Fisto, @Darth Cocytus (the last of you three to post may lower the ramp), @Darth Kronos (combo between Kronos and Sinre).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  3. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus's eyes narrowed at the announcement of their arrival on Kamino and still pondered on the prospect of finding the force sensitive ancestor he thought of during his visit. If such a kaminoan exists, that being may be the key to the next step of his plans to restoring the Rule of Two, giving a new body for himself and, temporarily for his master. They will still need to make a new body for the Sidious AI of course, Cocytus still knew, as it will be impractical for two minds to continuously share the same body. Unless… as he stood up to leave, Cocytus’s mind wandered for a moment towards… other possibilities in solving their situation.

And yet, as Cocytus walked down the lowered ramp of the yacht and stepped onto the platform of Tipoca City such thoughts instantly vanished. Old feelings, old memories, old sensations suddenly overtook him as he gazed at the city of his birth. Such familiarity, long forgotten, began to overwhelm him. Cocytus looked up at the cloudy sky and closed his eyes as rain fell on his withered face, embracing it like an old friend. Oh how long has it been since he felt the endless rain on his face?

This is not your world, you fool. Not your rain… Your world is dead and forgotten, as it should be for a Dark Lord of the Sith… Remember the mission.

Cocytus peeled open his eyes in remembrance of that fact and glared at the world around him as they (his eyes) glowed like candles in empty eye sockets. Anger and hate took hold of him, cursing himself for allowing such foolish and idiotic sentiments to take hold of him. So cold and bitter was his anger that in embrace of the Dark Side, the air around him and his colleagues chilled to its coldest possibility and the rain itself became that of hail and snow.

The Sith Kaminoan, not bothered by the change in temperature, began a march towards the City Interior, (walking slowly instinctively, for the wet floor of the city platform froze over by the Dark Side in his cold anger), to greet the welcoming kaminoan, his appearance that of a dark looming shadow with piercing yellow eyes. The door slid open and he stood before the greeter, towering over, in the power of the Dark Side, if not in physical stature…

As his glowing yellow eyes stared at the other kaminoan, Cocytus was eager to begin his mission...

TAG: @Silvertough, @Mitth_Fisto, @Sinrebirth @Darth Kronos

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    GM update 2 of 3

IC: Ike and Bellorum

Wandering and chasing

Bellorum had slipped the driver a tip to get them there quickly, and the driver was all too happy to accommodate her.

As he wove in and out of traffic, she had commed Jerod before quietly speaking to Ike. “No one here knows us, so this has to be a random abduction,” Bellorum sounded like she was thinking out loud, “but why Hel or Xander?”

Ike debated whether to interject in her thought processes, but decided it was a question and not a rhetorical one. "Opportunity, I guess." Ike wondered too. "This is no-man's land. Rule of the gun, and it is just our luck Xander escaped. I doubt we're being targeted again - the escape from Bedlam was even more unplanned than the one from Mortis."

She sighed, “there are days I long for a small cottage in the middle of nowhere, a place away from chaos.” She looked at Ike and gave him a wry smile, “but who am I kidding? I’d be bored out of my mind. Do you ever think about what you’ll do in your old age?”

"I intend to die a long time before that, my dear." Ike chuckled. "I am aiming for them to find my body having worn itself out from a night of men, booze and stims." He grinned. "Not necessarily in that order."

"Remind me to catch up with that Togorian, by the way. He gave us a good tip and he was cute."

Bellorum laughed heartily at the notion of Ike’s exit from this life. “You’re one of a kind, my friend,” she told him as she checked their current location, “this place should be getting close.” Her eyes looked distant for a moment, “so much for not calling attention to ourselves, Haretisch is a kriffing beacon in the Force.”

"Plo," Ike chided, smiling. "All Plo, now. We're not Sith anymore, Bell... not to everyone here." Ike looked amused.

"We're worse."

“Bah!” She exclaimed, “beings cannot just change their names overnight and expect everyone to comply.” Bellorum slid closer to the door hatch and looked back at Ike, “I do like being worse than Sith, after all I fancy myself a Goddess.”

"Oh gods," Ike said, touching his face in mock horror at the implication. "Don't forget she's still in the Maw in this time, if our guess when we are is right. Aden kept going on about how she was released the other times... but he was so obsessed that I ended up tuning him out. Can you remember?"

The taxi screeched to a halt as Bellorum winked at Ike and hopped out the moment the door lifted. She walked around the area in front of the pharmacy, slowly scanning thepavement for anything that could be a clue.
    “See anything?”

Ike saw it immediately, pointing at the trail of misery that seemed particularly obvious. It was more chaos than anything as all encompassing as the worlds general malaise - it was fresh. "Our little tyke has been this way, methinks."

At that moment, the doors to the pharmacy flew open and out came Plo, or Darth Haretisch perhaps, stooped and crooked, eyes burning like a wounded animal.

Bellorum was caught off guard by his appearance, and his anger was palpable. “We will get her back,” she told him in a low voice, “I’ve got Jerod scanning the holonet and all news for anything on recent kidnappings. He should have a report on his findings soon.”

He laid his gaze on the both of them in response, silently for a moment, and exhaled sharply from flared nostrils. He turned without a word to call for Cal and Syren, but the Doctor was already there. Cal had pulled the goon up by his arm andalmost had him to the door. “Here’s our friend, sir,” he shoved the man through the door and out on to the walkway in front of the shop.

The thug crumpled to the ground, unable to support his own weight on his busted knee, and too weak altogether anyway from the beating he’d received.

“He can lay there until Jerod gets here,” Plo remarked, and looked up as the night grew darker. Speak of the devil. The shuttle was just arriving, blocking out the moon from above. He bent and grabbed a fistful of the injured crony’s collar once again and dragged him bodily aboard once the ramp hadunfurled, trusting that Cal and Syren and the other two would follow.

——————

On board, Plo paced the cargo hold alone, wracking his brain. Why he had let this happen, why he had trusted the others to keep her safe, why he had trusted she could keep herself safe. Hel was a powerful force user - by the old ones, she’d defended the Moraband temple from a million undead. He couldn’t work out how a few blaster-wielding thugs had overtaken her. This time was crawling with Sith, he realized, but Cal would have seen had there been a force user strong enough to overwhelm her. Cal knew what Sith looked like. Syren would have seen them... certainly she’d seen some other things he’d rather she hadn’t. On that note, he imagined she would be less than pleased at being on a ship where she’d likely be unable to avoid one Aryan Graul. Oh well - it wouldn’t be the worst thing he’d ever done to her. He chuckled self deprecatingly at that.

He supposed it was time to speak to Jerod now, and so he made his way to the cockpit. Xander was nearly the forgotten piece of the puzzle, and Plo had to consider that maybe it was he the kidnappers had really wanted. He was unsure whether that would be good or bad for Hel’s fortunes if so. In any case, he wouldn’t let Lennox Jerod be in any way relieved at the absence of his apparently unwanted son. That thought alone made him sick.

“Captain,” he began as he crossed the threshold to the cockpit. “Leave us,” he ordered the pilot, which would leave Jerod to take the controls. “I believe you know your son has beentaken.”

Bellorum came up behind Haretisch and cleared her throat before speaking, “sorry for the interruption, carry on.” She crossed her arms and waited, it was clear that someone would need to stand up to Haretisch if he started taking his anger out on their crew, and she was just the person to do it.

Plo’s face darkened even more, if that were possible. “Thank you, I will,” he replied without so much as turning to look.

————————

Valieri had been tidying up the room to be ready for Bellorum or Plo to arrive, but she was thrilled when it was Syren who arrived. Hopefully Aryan would remember that she’d placed the items that he had been so intent on purchasing on the small bedside table. The fact that she had the plate of their snack remains piled with the caf cups and was a perfect excuse to duck out to the galley for a moment.

Tag: @Jerjerrod-Lennox @QueenSabe7 @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth @Darth_wanderguard

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Hel

The interior of the vehicle began to dim, Hel glanced up and saw panels sliding into place over the few viewports. They had been sitting for what felt like hours, and she’d just realized that Xander wasn’t hiding in the Force when he was soundly sleeping. She didn’t believe any of these sleemo’s were Force users, but they could be in deep trouble if discovered.

She’d gone over plans to try break free and run if any opportunity presents itself, her plan was just to grab Xander and get as far from these guys as possible. Various scenes were running through her mind when she felt the shuttle slow and stop.

Xander opened his eyes and said, “‘fresher, nowwwww,” in a desperate whine. “Damned, kid will have to wait a minute,” said the brute who had roughed the child up earlier.

The doors slid open and Hel was shoved down a ramp with Xander gripping her hand. She quickly looked around and was frustrated to see they were inside either a ship or a building. It didn’t feel, or sound, like a ship so she guessed inside a building large enough to fly into.

“Take him there,” the man growled and pointed to a refresher just steps away, “and don’t even think about trying anything. I’d have drugged you both by now if you were my property.”

Hel took the child and left him handle up on his business. She silently thanked the gods that he wasn’t in a diaper. Xander came out of the stall and was unfamiliar with the notion of washing his hands afterwards, so Hel gave him a speedy lesson all the while looking for any means of escape.

When they came out of the ‘fresher there were only two goons waiting with no sign of where the other had gone. The brute was one of them, he seemed to be looking for any opportunity to be abusive to them, and was always grumbling under his breath. Their other guard had been completely silent in the shuttle, and he wore heavy robes and very distinctive tattoos on his face.

They were led down a corridor and walked a short distance before they came to a gate. The brute roughly grabbed Xander and made to shove him past the gate that his partner was opening. Xander’s reaction was explosive, he kicked and thrashed with impressive strength. Tattoo face didn’t offer to help, and just observed with a neutral expression, his eyes almost boring into the child. Hel had tried to grab Xander away and the brute swung his fit and smacked Hel soundly in the jaw.

That was when the other man grabbed the brute, “that will leave a mark, you fool,” his was voice deep and eerie. “Let me go, you’re not the boss,” he angry man gasped. He’d never heard this member of the gang even speak before and wasn’t about to get bullied by anyone.

What happened next was so swift that Hel barely stifled a gasp. The dark man clinched his fist and the there was a distinctive “snap” of the brute’s neck being broken. She didn’t look at the tattoo’d man’s face, this was the first time she truest felt fear and for now she decided not to conceal that feeling. Fortunately Xander was too worked up from being separated that he didn’t notice what transpired. He was content to suck his thumb whilst clutching Hel’s cloak.

After several moments of uncomfortable silence, the man grabbed Hel’s face and turned her so he could examine where she’d been struck. “Kriff,” he spat, “do you cosmetics?” He asked hatefully. A child’s voice answered, “kriff!”

Hel’s eyes widened, “no, that’s a bad word,” she admonished Xander before she looked at the man and replied that she did not. Her jaw was stiff and ached, it wasn’t broken, but she suspected it would be bruised.

“The customers don’t like buying damaged property, but you won’t be long with this buyer,” the man told her. She realized then that she was about to be sold. “My brother stays with me, uh, please,” she blurted out, “we must stay together.” He frowned and answered, “that’s not up to me, but you’re welcome to try when you’re on the block.” With that he roughly shoved them both through the gate and stalked off.

Hel trembled as she watched his billowing cloak until he was out of sight. He was a Sith. He’d used the Force to kill that man, it was as if he’d been concealing his presence too, and for some reason she was sure he knew she was Sith as well.

Xander took her hand and she decided they might as well see what hell was in store for them now. They slowly walked down the tunnel-like corridor towards the sounds of a crowd shouting.

Tag: everyone in the past

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Haunting - Kamino

For a moment, the visage of the hooded man surfaced in his mind, much as a flash settled, startled into Soliloquy's mind's eye as he focused on the parts. Triggering the memories as well as the secrets buried within. Black in vision, black in robe, nondescript in a hundred ways, but oppressively staring. Apparently some component that Soliloquy had used in creation of his shell, it had indeed been older than not, and indeed had been given to him. If given is the term one wanted to assign such a thing. When the shell was being made, many pieces had been stolen, spirited away, and liberated for the task at hand. Although for this one piece, this one instance, they had been caught and then. . .let go.

[​IMG]

It was a cold, dark, curiosity...

... to Soliloquy, the man had but a handful of words more before he had been allowed to leave and left with his stolen prize. "When all is said in done, you were caught, and caught good and proper. Whether you can become more than you are, that's up to you. Just remember, when you strip away all that sophistry, that you're just base Darkness, and nothing more or less... but I need that to create my new world, so don't shy from it, my friend."

It was the strangest thing to hear in the Empire of the Immortal Emperor. Friend. Not to mention being caught and then released, not only that but to be let go with what you had stolen. They had memories of that moment spurring a slowing of their creation as greater caution was taken, caution that led to slower growth or perhaps merely just weirded out heightening of paranoia pre and post holocron. They did not want to ascribe too much to the figure, what there was though was heightening curiosity. friend. They had striven to be a step above merely the darkness, that was such a base thing. It was needed, it was comforting, but it was nothing like the blending they perceived as higher. Only since they had fallen, since they had been given, stolen, traded, and elevated had they grown but only in the dark. Only in the stillness, they found greatest comfort and growth when they dwelled in the shadows. When they opened in the dark unknown places. In the cracks and crevices of reality and morality.

He was broken from his reverie by TRAYUS chiming in across all comms. "We have arrived; the Prime Minister of Kamino has given us coordinates to arrive. Team One; Lord's Soliloquy, Cocytus and Drost, you are to head to the front ramp now. Team Two; Lord Kronos, Lady Esmerelda, please prepare to depart via the underbelly hatch; sensor baffling jumpsuits are ready for to dress within."

They had shied from it for roughly four and half millenniums until they had merely forgotten to shy away, gotten tired and settled into growing where it was easier, more natural. Perhaps now they would try to embrace it. Rising they took note of their missing apprentice, of the emotional maw a few rooms over, and the mission ahead. With a flutter of their robes they left, heading toward the ramp. Either their apprentice would come or he would not. Either way it changed little beyond what he would do, what he had to do. Sending a comm message he calmly asked, {Apprentice. Are you coming with me? Also remind me to discuss faceless shadows later. They are weird.} Leaving that at that unless his Apprentice had something to say or ask he took his place a few steps behind the mangled long neck.

Cocytus was at the ramp and when it lowered and they were greeted by the sight of another Kaminoan at the entrance, standing out of the rain they would be forced to walk through. The Force was vibrant with life, the subtle echoes of death etched into that life. Bound with it as much as time.

Ignoring the emotional bags of water once any conversation with the eyeless wonder was done, he followed Cocytus down the ramp, out into the rain. Watching it pause, to enjoy and then in anger freeze the rain and slick the ground Soliloquy had to wonder why? They also to not be contrary as they glided out onto the platform and into the rain were not truly perturbed in the least. They merely let their annoyance and the Darkness that was them to simmer at their supposed negotiation ace being flashy for no good reason they could think of. To burn away the ice as they glided over it two steps behind, and where the other was snow and ice pebble coated, he himself was freshly steamed and dry. Bending the environment to oneself was so much more fulfilling then sinking beneath it. At least he thought so. Still, reaching the door it looked back and forth as a staring contest seemed to have started between the Kaminoans. Surely one of the fin heads would break the silence or at least finally finish letting them step out of the rain and hail? Not that it was bothersome be outside except it was delaying, they were here with purpose, not simply to be. If they were simply to be they would of chosen someplace more stimulating, like inside!

The irritation was enough that the heat they were generating spread further out, starting to melt and mist away the rain before it even hit them or passed beneath. Somebody move already!

TAG: @Silvertough, @Sinrebirth , @Darth Cocytus

7. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    *Combo with Sinre, takes places BEFORE the most recent update

IC: Lord and Lady Shesh / Insipid & Leda

Kuat

You’re staring, you’re probably staring, Leda realized as Manticore acknowledged her somewhat personal question and then asked her one of his own. She hadn’t responded right away, only looked at him with a screwed up expression of confusion plastered across her face.

She didn’t quite know how to answer it.

Did she build her saber herself? Well, yes. Mostly. Partly? She shook her head in order to clear her thoughts. She had begun its construction while she had been under the tutelage of the Man in Black, and in fact, he had been the inspiration for the intricate etchings that covered the majority of the silver hilt. She cast her eyes down to the device, looking at it and remembering – the pattern reminded her of the swirls and folds of his long black cloak that he always wore, at least whenever she was in his presence, even how the fabric moved as he did.

She remembered the sound of his voice as she sat before him, guiding the delicate pieces together, centering and placing the crystal… and how she had done so under his direct supervision. She could almost hear his voice in her ears, correcting her, pushing her…

“I… well, yes. Yes I built it myself,” Leda stammered, a bit flustered at how vividly her memories came to her just then. They hadn’t been so clear in quite a while, or rather, she hadn’t allowed herself to dwell on them enough to see if they still were. “A rite of passage, you know…” She shrugged and cut herself off.

She had every intention of moving the focus off of herself and back to the Sith Lord beside her, but thought better of it and stood. “Excuse me, my Lord. I’m going to go get prepared for our arrival.” She bowed, and left the cockpit, the shuttle lifting from the ground and accelerating on to begin its journey only a few minutes later.

-

Having spent the duration of the trip sifting through a veritable treasure trove of clothing and accessories, Leda had all but forgotten her momentary lapse in front of Manticore and busied herself with looking the part of Lady Shesh. Only just satisfied in what might have been her fifth or sixth outfit change when their ship had begun landing preparations, she sensed him – the Emperor – a clear indication that he was ready and that the rest had better be.

In short order they had landed and Leda had joined them just as they would exit the craft, at first keeping in step just behind Insipid, eyeing him as he adopted a sort of inebriated demeanor. Switching to a wider view, she quickly looked about to take in their surroundings. The spaceport was guarded quite thoroughly, soldiers and droids pretty much everywhere the eye could see. It didn’t make her nervous, but it did go a ways to make her feel even more naked than she already felt without her weapons that they were not permitted to carry.

She curled a lip, then dropped it.

"My Lord and Lady, to what pleasure does Kuat have?"

Leda straightened and remembered her place, stepping out from Insipid’s shadow and returning the man’s bow with a slight dip of her chin. She was mentally rattling off all she could recall Insipid telling them about Kuati culture and spoke without much consideration for how she might sound. “Returning home, for business…” she started before glancing over her shoulder, past the Emperor at her side and in the direction of Manticore to offer an altogether awkward wink before returning her attentions to the customs agent with a smile. “And pleasure.”

As soon as she said it, the grin turned into a grimace and she was repulsed at herself. No, that was bad. Don’t do that, ew. She cleared her throat straightaway and wiped away anything that would taken as less than serious.

“Business comes first, of course.” Leda stepped in closer, giving an air of self-importance. “I am Lady Shesh, and this is my husband, Lord Shesh,” she added, a hand indicating Insipid but she did not look his way. “We have an appointment with Senator Apollin that we do not want to be late for…”

Still without actually looking, she made it clear in the Force that she would wait for the Emperor to prompt their next step.

Insipid sipped his decanter, and not the glass in his other hand. “What she said.”

“Lord Shesh, please resist the urge to drink while being interviewed. You may resume in due course,” the official said, chagrined.

“Don’t you get it,” Insipid said, looping his arm around the man’s neck and leaning on his shoulder. “Telbun,” he said, pointing in the general direction of the luggage. “But I love her, don’t you see? I don’t want to share.”

He looked to Leda for help, but replied before thinking. “Sir, your family duties come above your emotional attachments, as you well know.”

“Fine! You sleep with her.” Insipid lamented. “You seem nice enough, consoling an old man.”

“Sir!” The man blushed in full. “Can you please let me go and just place your thumbprint to confirm that you have understood that you will be financially liable for any and all harm you cause during your visit!”

Insipid looked down at the datapad being held up. “Looks like there are a lot of questions you are supposed to be asking us, son.”

“And I have,” the man said, promptly inputting noncommittal answers through messy questions such as ‘where will you be staying, how long will you be staying,’ and so sorry. “Lady Shesh, can you please? I’ll accept one thumbprint in the circumstances.”

Insipid leaned more into the customs officer, muzzling his head into his neck. He was not putting his data into any system if he could avoid it.

Leda's eyes narrowed at Insipid. Was he trying to make this more difficult?

"Please excuse my husband, sir," she chimed in with an embarrassed look, taking hold of the Emperor's arm in order to peel him off of the flustered customs agent. She stepped between them, casually disregarding the fingerprint scanner. "It's always so hard, coming home now..." Her tone dropped to barely above a whisper. "After the war, and the vicious attacks by the blasted Republic. We know we must return for family tradition, but it's just... well, it's quite emotional. As I'm sure you can understand."

Shooting a look back at her 'husband' that would appear pleading, but kind, she looked down at her hands that were wringing the hem of her shimmersilk cloak. Her face would seem as though she was conflicted about something, chewing on her lip nervously. "In truth, we are back here for more than just ritual." Leda leaned in conspiratorially. "We are meeting with the Senator to see how mine and my husband's... rather large fortune... might help to revitalize and repair this wounded planet. Our home..."

She reached for the agent's free hand, cradling it in both of hers. "Please, we really cannot be late."

The agent was getting flustered, but the appeal that she made to him did not so much endear sympathy or empathy but disdain. In the interests of detaching himself from the morass, he broke his hand from her grip, albeit not too sharply - the Shesh family might have powerful friends, the kind which makes little custom officers like him vanish for seeing something personal and private - and managed to mostly neutrally respond.

"Go, you may go." He sucked his thumb for a moment, and put it on the datapad. It registered a thumbprint which looked nothing like his or theirs or indeed anyone's. His open cheerful demeanor returned, so he could draw attention to how well everything had in-fact gone. "Thank you for your time, I wish you an enjoyable time in Kuat City."

He bowed, and stepped away, this time quite quickly.

Insipid grinned a little, in-spite of himself, but adopted an expression self-loathing. It wasn't hard. "I am sorry, my wife. I could not help myself. All this content..." They wandered through the winding fence, designed to control queues, and then they were out.

"... it just spilled forth, I am so sorry. You did so well to handle that unbearable man."

The Sith Lord was a shameless tease, but they had made their way through the first layer of security intact. "I do hope our chattels are not unnecessarily delayed."

Leda flashed a plastic smile at the retreating agent and then dropped it as she moved along through the lanes at Insipid's side. "Yes, well it's why I'm supposed to be the one to speak, isn't, my dear?" she asked through clenched teeth, bring back up the corners of her mouth as to seem pleasant enough. She hooked an arm through his that held the unused chalice for his wine, casually glancing behind them to see if she could determine the progress of Manticore and Bernael.

"I don't see them," Leda whispered quickly, returning to face forward with chin raised. Next she spoke at a more exaggeratedly noticeable volume. "Me neither, we really mustn't be kept from our appointment with the senator."

She rolled her eyes at herself. This was why she wasn't an assassin. She was about as discrete as a rancor on a buffet line.

TBC

TAGS: @Sinrebirth ( @greyjedi125 @darthbernael )

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Zalen

"I can copilot, if you so wish, Lady Zalen."

“Thank you, Morrigan,” Zalen replied, “that will be ideal.”

Zalen turned to go into the main cabin but on second thought she turned back, “I shall prepare us a light meal once we are on our way,” and with a small smile she was gone.

—————-

The galley was small, but well provisioned. Zalen had been lately reading some on the culinary arts, and found it soothing to kneed dough, or chopping veg for soups. She deftly prepared some sandwiches and placed them on a tray before returning to the cockpit.

“I hope you’re hungry,” she said as she set the tray down. “It’s nothing fancy, but better than those bloody protein bars we’re always stuck with on missions.”

She picked up one of the small sandwiches and took a bite, “have either of you been to Mustafar before?”

Tag: @E. L.Knight

9. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Azeth Drost
    Kamino

Drost found himself inside the cramped refresher room of the "borrowed" ship, clutching weakly at the metallic rim of the wash basin. Dry, wheezing breaths caught in his throat, as sweat soaked through the ceremonial cloth covering around his forehead.

The visage of the black-robed man had seared itself into Drost's mind's eye, its oppressive gaze seemingly boring holes straight through his being. The very air seemed to chill, each spoken word teasing with hidden implications, all of which were previously ignored.

The figure, as had so many others, used Drost for some ulterior motive, of which were still unknown. With trembling hands, Drost twisted the knob of the wash basin, splashing cold water onto his face. A single question burned brighter than any other. If his imprisonment had been planned and executed on, was his original fall as well?

Drost's fist slammed into the refresher's wall, the pain a useful tool to break his concentration. Nothing good would come over such thoughts. No, he needed to focus on the mission ahead. Worrying about "free will" or other such freedoms could come later..

The burning sensation calmed, accompanied by his breathing steadying out, ending with a drawn out exhale. Drost choseto ignore the pain radiating from his clenched fist, pushing it deep inside, to be used for a later date. With careful motions, he attended to his disturbed robes, making sure everything was fitting as according to tradition. Finally satisfied, Drost steeped back out into the ship's hallway, just as TRAYUS began assigning roles for the mission.

S'pose we've landed then.. Time to move. He thought, resting his hands within the folds of his robes. Drost's communicator dinged, indicating a received message. Other than a cocked eyebrow, he chose not to respond. Looks like I've been taken as Soliloquy's apprentice. Alright then. With the mention of faceless shadows, looks as if we are connected in more waysT then one.. As its life been directed by others as well?

He approached the now opened landing ramp wordlessly, giving a simple half nod to Soliloquy. The recent revelations would need to be discussed, but at a later date. The two other members of his team, Cocytus and Soliloquy, had already began walking out into the torrential rain of Kamino, each flexing their prowess through the force, ultimately rendering each display pointless.

With an exasperated sigh, Drost followed behind the two, clasping his hands behind his back within the sleeves of his robe. He would be a simple observer for the time being, nothing more, nothing less.

He reached out through the force, secretly reveling in the aliveness that radiated from the world. Each being existing within the vast facility shone through the force, each a beautiful orb of flame, all blazing with a rich ensemble of auras. He was truly surprised at this discovery, preconceived notions once held about he nature of clones vanishing in an instant.

A small smile grew on his face, hidden by his hood. Now I'm definitely stealing those secrets of yours Kamino..

Tag: @Sinrebirth , @Mitth_Fisto , @Darth Cocytus

10. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn Turon
    Escape Pod on the Shuttle

Renn was lost in his memories, he could feel the oxygen depletion but couldn’t help the visions that came. He remembered the days, over a century ago, Chaos Girl and Little Miss Curious. So much had happened, good and bad, and every moment of it flashed before his eyes. Visions of a tall brunette and a shorter, but full of energy brunette; more visions as the older aged, grey began to appear, as the younger grew up, became successful, eventually aged as her mother had. As it did all he could be glad of was that in that timeline, Kate at least had passed decades before, Kara he’d last seen a decade after her mother’s funeral. He wasn’t sure if she had lived to see the End of Time, but he hoped she hadn’t. If she had his heart would hurt for his very good friend who he could no longer protect.

A burst of energy hit him and he wrenched himself free of the visions. The alarms were muted in the escape pod, the warning echoed in his mind, that Grape had provided. ‘Crap, crap, crap, stuck in a fracking escape pod.’ flew through his mind as he wracked his brain for a solution.

At this point it was better that they survived until the shuttle was drawn onboard the Battle Dragon, once there and in atmosphere again, they would have many more options. One limb slowly grew from his body, reaching for the control panel. He set the oxygen panel to provide the lowest level of oxygen that would allow him to stay conscious, while still preserving enough to survive until the shuttle was fully captured. The visions returned to dancing on the periphery of his mind and sight, but he could focus just a little.

‘Now what else can I do so that when they come for me I can get free the most easily?’ he thought. He retained the appearance of the human form he had taken, at least in all the area easily seen from the small viewport anyone could look in through. Below the viewport he built up several sharply pointed wedges of limbs, held horizontally with backing of thickly muscled barked flesh. As well, many small tendrils of vine slipped into as many cracks as he could find around the circumference of the hatch, in the space behind the outer seal the vines spread out and thickened, creating a ring of vine the entire distance inside the hatch ring. The thin vines that had entered the space, inside the pod thickened as well. Anyone that tried to open the hatch would be in for an explosive surprise.

His preparations complete he ceased moving, conserving energy as much as possible, putting himself into a short duration low level of his kind’s hibernation, conserving every iota of energy and oxygen he could. As he slipped into hibernation, the visions returned and the last conscious thought before he hibernated was of a tall, young brunette, as they explored a new world.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith , @Snokers, @DarthIshyZ (Hapes Tag Group)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  11. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Combo with Mr. Bernael

IC: Bernael & Leda
    Kuat, snooping

As soon as the door shut behind the four of them, Leda removed several of the increasingly stifling layers of clothing she had worn through customs, feeling immediate relief as she flung them carelessly onto the larger of the two beds. She was moderately stressed from the first leg of their mission but did not verbally express her reservations, remaining dutifully prepared for whatever came next.

Insipid gave them their next briefing and upon receiving her new assignment, which would see her paired with Bernael this time, she let out an exasperated sigh. Turning the two small devices over in between her fingers, she said aloud to no one in particular - "You all do realize I am NOT an assassin, right?" Being given another order that saw her secreting around and prowling in the shadows, which was not her forte, it became a point of annoyance that these three men clearly were trying to force her into a role that was nowhere near where her strengths lie. "I fight, like Manticore, in case anyone is interested in knowing that..."

Then, she promptly turned and sought solitude in the 'fresher, cleaning herself up and refocusing on the task at hand.

Bernael took the device from Lord Insipid, studying it. It seemed simple enough but the guard would be the key to the whole operation. He doubted that it would be as simple as overpowering his mind, being reminded of many years before and some Knighthunters he’d faced and knowing he couldn’t deal with such an issue in the same way without it being noticed. He was also sure the guard would be able to avoid any female enticement if Leda attempted that ploy.

Being dismissed, he went to his area of the living space, checking through his weapons, his sabers had been designed to avoid detection, but went into specially lined pouches inside his cloak that would hide their presence further. Other than that he carried several hidden blades, choosing to leave his kukri in a box that kept their hunger from being revealed and exposing them.

Donning his mask he thought through this small mission, and the layout of the hotel to decide whether there was a secondary way they could accomplish this without having to deal with the guard directly. He spent the time waiting for Leda to finish her preparations going over all these details.

“Any ideas before we go reconnoiter and see what we’re truly up against?” he asked when she joined him.

Coming up along side Bernael, her thoughts and attitude reordered after she had said her peace, Leda looked at the Anzati and considered their options. "Subterfuge? Perhaps, if we dress the part and act the part, we might have a better chance of gaining the upper hand quickly and quietly..."

She was referring to playing dress up as officers or guards themselves, of course. An easy ploy that might be too easy, but it still remained an option, nonetheless.

Bernael thought for a moment, a half smile came over his face, behind the mask. "There's an old acronym, KISS, Keep It Simple, Stupid. That may turn out to be appropriate in the situation. Especially if you take the lead as the officer and I a helmeted guard. You don't need anything to appear a human obviously but I'd need to use the Force to appear such so a helmet makes sense for me."

"Besides, in a hotel that hosts dignitaries, it does make sense that such pairings would be on constant patrol anyway."

Leda nodded, satisfied with herself and how agreeable Bernael was to her suggestion. It was nice working with Sith that saw her as an equal contributor, which was a rare thing to find amongst so many hot-headed and power hungry beings. This one... seemed different.

"The only real hurdle would be finding the correct attire we'd need..." she paused, tapping a finger against her chin as she thought. "Trap a similar pairing already on patrol and steal their gear? We'd have to kill them of course, which I have no issue with." She placed lightly behind where Bernael sat.

"What do you think?"

Bernael took a moment before answering, this time not exactly in thought. He let his senses survey the hotel, pleased that he could do so passively, without resorting to the Force. It took several moments,there were several pairs that matched their builds but he had to find one that the shorter was the officer.

He took stock of their location and watched for a minute or two more as he memorised their patrol pattern. Returning to his mind he replied, "There is a pair that would work well for us two floors down thst patrol in the area of the Senator's conference room on occasion so would not arouse suspicion that they are in the area."

"As to killing them, a snack wouldn't be bad to have before the true work begins."
    He said as his eyes shifted to full black for a moment.

He smiled again, a predatory one. For this he wouldn't need his weapons, simply his mind and his hunger. This would be, what was the word, "fun."

Leda smiled mischievously, relishing in Berneal's desire that felt at the same level as her own. She briefly marveled at his ability to pinpoint their targets so quickly, but instead of challenging him or letting her vigorously competitive nature rear its ugly head, she accepted the offer as he had accepted hers.

"I'm ready," she said in a rush, disregarding whatever Insipid and Manticore were doing and already moving towards the door. She paused before opening it, her brightly colored eyes narrowing anxiously at her partner. "Are you?"

Bernael smiled briefly, behind his mask at her energy, vibrancy. The words hadn't left her mouth before he was standing outside the door, competition was second nature to him as it seemed to her. "Stealing my question, are you?"

He turned and headed toward the lift, between one step and the next he let his natural camoflauge take hold and he went from a striding humanoid to an elongated shadow extending from Leda, one that would seem strange if anyone had time to take a second glance or lived to do so.

Reaching the lift, timing his motions so his shadow matched how the light fell, a voice would seem to come from thin air, "Ladies first."

Leda stepped inside the empty lift and indicated the vessel drop two floors on the keypad beside the door. They rode in silence but the trip was far too short to hold conversation even if they had wanted to. A soft chime alerted them to their arrival a few moments later and before the doors slid open, she pushed out and around with her senses. There was a lot of activity in the vicinity, considering the senator's offices were located here that came as no surprise, but it did hinder her from trying to locate the guards that Bernael had chosen for them.

Pulling the scarf she wore up around her mouth and nose, she brought up the other end to cover most of her hair. "You going to tell me who we are going after or should I just start killing anyone in our path until I hit the right ones?" she quipped under her breath as they were released out into a brightly lit hallway. It was vacant, for the moment, and Leda only stepped forward as far as to exit the lift and not another step further until they agreed upon a direction.

A quiet chuckle sounded. There was indeed a bustling energy to the corridor but the somber presence of the officer and guard were as if a blank space in that energy. There was one other item he sought before answering, and his mind searched hard. The maid making her rounds gave him the answer and a minute passed before he found what he sought, a custodial supply room for this floor. With the maid on her rounds it would be empty.

"As much as I'd enjoy watching you slaughter everyone on this floor, it would hamper our efforts if the entire security force shows up. The two we seek are about two thirds of the way down the corridor, headed away from us at the moment. The officer is female and has your build, the trooper, while also female has mostly my build so I'd fit in her armor, except for the plumbing."

"It is fortunate the direction they are headed as it would be best to get them to a quiet spot to shuffle them off the mortal coil. There is a janitorial closet, large enough for all four of us, near the end of the corridor on the right hand side. One for you, one for me, least blood spilled wins?"

Leda narrowed her focus at Bernael's instruction and she found them in the Force instantly - a pair of female guards going about their rotation like they probably already had a hundred times before. "Deal," she whispered, accepting the challenge with a smile that would be hidden beneath her makeshift mask. She assumed her companion would find another way to pick up on the excitement she didn't care to hide.

Striding forward, the deceptively dressed Sith did not remove her eyes from her individual target as she crept ever closer, all the while dampening her breathing and bodily noises with the Force so they would not hear them approach from behind. She knew Bernael had taken his own measures at remaining unheard and unseen, but she did not glance behind her to check. Once a connection had formed between herself and the unknown female officer, it could not be broken until the job was done.

The female pair in front of them came alongside the closet just as they closed the last few feet and Leda loudly, over-exaggeratedly cleared her throat in hopes both women would draw up to a quick halt. "Excuse me," she started with a demure giggle. "Can you tell me where in dingiest back alleys of this galaxy did you have those awful uniforms made? I mean, they are absolutely dreadful!"

Upon closer inspection, they actually were quite devoid of any tasteful fashion trends and her lips curled in disgust at the idea of actually wearing one.

She extended the pause, for fun, and then with one swipe of a hand the janitor's closet door flung open and with her other she backhanded the officer across her cheek, sending her stumbling right into their trap. Stalking in after her, she trusted Bernael could handle the other well enough...

He felt Leda's enjoyment and excitement at the game, in the back of his mind he started a tally, sure that over the time of the entire mission this game could get very interesting. “Good.” he whispered back as she set off. He glided behind her, his own presence and life signs already damped to the level of the background. Keeping his spacing so he still appeared a shadow belonging to Leda, he waited as he made contact with the pair of guards.

He withheld a snort that, under other circumstances he would have let go, at her opener to the pair. Their outfits certainly wouldn’t win any fashion show prizes but that was the purpose and he’d worn worse in the course of a mission.

As she flung open the door and backhanded the officer, the guards eyes widened in shock, and then further as he suddenly appeared before her and locked eyes with her. Before she could yell out, or trigger an electronic alarm, he sent his will swelling over her, subsuming her own in a heartbeat.

She tried to scream but nothing came out, he would not allow it. He backed into the closet, maintaining eye contact moving her stiffly as he commanded her body to enter the closet, regardless of what her futilely fighting will attempted against his.

The officer cried out as she crashed into a metal shelf, several random boxes dislodging from their perches and raining haphazardly upon their heads. "Close the door!" Leda commanded Bernael as he would've been the last through.

With the Force, Leda aimed a close-range sucker punch at the woman's abdomen and she hunched over with a strangled 'oompf'. She wasn't going to take this attack lying down, it seemed, suddenly launching herself at Leda and wrapping her arms around the Sith's waist with all of her might. Being so close, it sent the pair careening back into Bernael and his own mark, the closet suddenly becoming a jumbled mess of a fight. Leda lost her footing and they went down, bringing along with them many other cleaning supplies that were not properly stowed away.

Having shut the door quickly after entering, at Leda's command, Bernael had almost begun feeding when Leda and the officer careened into him. Losing eye contact with her, he could feel her will fighting back even more fiercely now that he didn't have direct control over her. They both went flying further as the cleaning supplies fell around them and got underfoot.

Turning sideways he swung his elbow down sharply onto the lower back of the officer on top of Leda. He couldn't assist more because he had to rebound his arm as swiftly as possible, catching the guard's hand before it triggered the All Call alarm feature on her belt. Her eyes opened in shock again at his strength, hand stuck in his vise-like grip. He flipped her up and toward the back wall, hard enough he could see her eyes cross as she hit. Getting his feat under him as she was stunned, he leapt through the mess scattered across the floor, calling cheekily behind him "Don't get any of those cleaning supplies on that 'pretty' uniform or we'll have to find a new pair."

He hit the guard chest to chest, knocking the breath from her lungs. Grabbing hold of her arms, he brought his masked face just in front of her, regaining control of her will as he stared into her eyes once more. Her eyes fluttered wildly as two slits opened in his mask, the proboscises shooting forth and into the nearest openings that led to the guards mind. He could feel Leda and the officer behind him but was fully engaged with his target. The proboscises found their target, liquefied her mind, and began feeding. Simultaneously he felt the small essence of the guard trying to flee and he absorbed it immediately, adding it's energy to his rather than storing it for later.

His proboscises retreated as they finished feeding, sliding back into their hiding spots in his cheeks. Letting the body stay rigid in shock as he turned, he flipped an open bucket upside down, sitting down on it's base, "That's one, and only a drop or two of blood. Don't play with your food, Leda."

The officer croaked as Bernael connected with her lungs and knocking the air clean from the organs, Leda using both hands to lift the gasping woman from her body so that she in turn could return to her feet.

"Don't get cocky," she snapped at the anzati, now levitating her target in front of them both. Twisting suddenly to face him, she maneuvered her wrists at the same time, snapping the officer's neck with an audible 'pop'. "And one for me, with less blood," Leda added haughtily, rubbing her hands together as if brushing dirt from her palms before beginning to insensitively undress the fresh corpse that had collapsed at her feet.

"Hurry up and take your clothes off."

Bernael shook his head wryly, "This round to you." Standing and turning, he let the corpse go limp and quickly undressed it. He was thankful the helmet the woman had been wearing had had its face shield up when he fed or he would need a new one. Once it was disrobed he laid the body flat and froze its muscles again. Sliding the body under the lowest shelf it disappeared from sight.

Still turned away from Leda, offering them both the most privacy possible, he shed his cloak, mask, and garments. Pulling on the uniform, "These are worse than you even thought, they itch." settling everything into place he pulled his hair up and donned the helmet, leaving the face shield up for a moment and waited until he could sense Leda was done before turning around.

Leda smirked, shamelessly stripping free of her kuati garb and replacing them with the officer's uniform piece by piece. "Didn't peg you for the shy type," she said with a laugh under her breath. Standing near the middle of the closet and eyeing Bernael's back, she pulled on the undershirt and impatiently tapped his shoulder. "All clear."

Beginning to work the last few buttons of the jacket, she played out in her mind their current location and what was left to accomplish. A hand absently patted the little baggie with the pair of listening devices that was secured tightly against her chest. "We are only a few doors down from the meeting space, it seems. So assuming there will be a sentry at the door, we can simply say we are doing one final sweep of the room."

A low chuckle was his initial response followed by, "It is the first time we've worked together so I did not know your level of modesty. We are getting to know each other after all." He'd worked with many who ranged from wanting you in a completely different room when they changed up to what Leda apparently had, no problem changing openly in front of others. It made no matter to him, but better to be cautious at first with a new person.

He ranged his senses and felt the guard at the door as well as the fact that there seemed to be no one present in the conference room. "That is quite plausible for a reason the pair of guards would be there. Of course we're prepared otherwise if he balks." As he said the last he extended and retracted his talons quickly, to ensure they were loose in their sheathes. "Then let us begin."

"I miss my weapons," Leda whined a bit childishly while smoothing the front of the completed uniform, then nodding towards Bernael.

She assumed her correct position in front of him and opened the closet door after checking the area in the Force. The closest signatures were nearest the meeting point as they had guessed, so she stepped out into the hallway with a stick-straight back and a no nonsense expression upon her face, expecting Bernael to be on her heels.

Rounding a corner, a guard was indeed set up right outside a set of double doors, immediately eyeing them as they continued their approach. She waved his heightened awareness away like dismissing a child from an adult conversation. "At ease," she started, giving the male in uniform a look of loathing as she stopped directly in front of him. "We are here for a final sweep of the premises, at the senator's direct orders."

Her hands were clenched into fists at her sides, almost ready for things to go awry. Leda wondered if Bernael was feeling the same. He was quite hard to read in the Force.

As they stepped out of the supply room Bernael closed the visor on the helmet he wore, obscuring his face. He took up a military posture and fell into step behind Leda as she approached the guard. He maintained correct spacing as she stopped before the guard.

Externally he was the ruler straight guard accompanying the officer before him, internally he was primed in the event the guard refused Leda's directive of a last sweep. As she was disguised as the officer and he as the plain guard he remained silent as they awaited the response of the guard.

The guard on the door ignored the look of disdain from the officer before him. If he'd let officers disdain affect him he would have left this job long before.

Holding out his handheld scanner before him he simply said "ID's ma'am."

Leda stiffened, narrowing her eyes at the guard. "Excuse me?" she whispered, stepping in closer. "Did you just ask for my identification? Meaning, you don't know the officers you're posted with day in and day out?"

She clicked her tongue, giving a dramatic glance back at Bernael as she stretched the silent pause. "Every year you lot get more and more incompetent... taking shortcuts that delay our duties."

Leaning away she set her eyes upon his and spoke again, this time through clenched teeth. "Let us through. Now."

The guard simply stood there with the scanner still outstretched. 'One of those officers,' he thought. 'who think they're so far above us common guards that they can just get what they want with a word.'

"Ma'am," he said, a little more emphasis on the word, "the orders given were that anyone entering this room must be scanned in, whether a regular entry or otherwise."

Leda crossed her arms over her chest and didn't budge. "Would you like me to bring this up to your superior? See how they might like to hear how you are stalling the important meeting the Senator will be here momentarily to attend?"

She sighed, appearing bored. "Or why don't we just what for him to get here and then you can tell him yourself how he cannot step a foot inside because you kept us from doing our jobs. Hmm?"

He suppressed a sigh at her words. He disliked haughty officers but she did have a point. If she knew his superior or even the Senator and he had truly delayed the meeting more would happen than him losing his job, most likely lethal more would happen.

He reattached the scanner to his belt, looked at her directly, "It's all our heads if I'm wrong." He looked at his chronometer then back at her, "Two minutes, that is all I can give you. In three, the advance party of the Senator will be here and if you two are inside then nothing will save any of us."

He stepped to the side of the door, opening it. "Remember, two minutes."

"I don't need a time limit," Leda snapped, pushing past him to get to the door. She whipped around before she stepped inside. "But two minutes is more than enough. There, was that so hard?" And then she shoved on and once across the threshold, she immediately began scanning the room with her eyes to see where best to place her listening devices.

A few lamps and lighting fixtures, some nondescript and uncomfortable looking chairs and lounges, side tables and one oval shaped one at the center... there were many options. All quite obvious.

The door clicked shut behind her and she knew time was against them. Turning to Bernael, she dropped the facade and simply stared at him in a hurry. "Where?" she asked, reaching under her jacket and shirt to pull the pouch that held the two small discs from the band of her bra.

Bernael scanned the room as they entered. There were quite a few spot that would work but most were too obvious. It seemed Leda shared his opinion on this and as she fished out the bugs he thought deeply.

A painting on the wall caught his eye, the intricate scroll work around its border gave him an idea, but he had to check other options as well. Extending a talon he slid it behind the frame, and pulled slightly. The frame came away from the wall but not that easily. That meant that unless someone was strong enough they wouldn't be checking behind the painting, except to scan it from the outer surface and he knew the room had already be swept that way before.

The painting had lay flat against the wall and even with the minimal surface area the bug had it would cause a bugle that would make the painting stick out somewhat. To remedy that, he extended a talon on his other hand and scooped out a small section of the wall surface, just deep enough for the bug to recess into it. Depositing the tiny sliver of wall in the pocket of the uniform to leave no evidence, he pressed the bug into the recess and then laid the painting flat against the wall again. Stepping back he could see there was no way that someone could tell the painting had been moved at all.

Now for the second. Given the detection radius of the bugs they should probably be placed near either side of the room to give the most coverage. A lounge on low legs near a corner on the other side of the room gave him a second idea. He knew that even an upscale hotel such as this usually would use furniture from the least expensive place as possible so as to maximize their profits. He lifted one corner of the lounge, and unscrewed one of the legs. It was just long enough, he noticed, so he dug down into the opening where it screwed to the body of the lounge. It took a couple tries to be sure he'd dug deeply enough, as well as the time it took to clean up all the debris, before he could fit the bug inside easily and then screw the leg back into place without any issue.

Turning back to Leda, "That should give us maximum coverage and neither are in the most obvious places so they are less likely to be noticed, giving us the most time of observing and recording what happens in here. So now, back to our clothes before anyone comes here, or that guard gets too jittery."

She had watched and semi-mimicked Bernael's placements, choosing to attach her bugs to the inner folds of an ornate statue depicting a female swathed in a multi-layered dress and to the underside of a seat cushion on the opposite side of the room, respectively. Hurriedly tucking her shirt back in and adjusting the rest of her uniform, she itched at one of the sleeves of the jacket.

"Yes, let's get the kriff out of these, please..." and with a huff, she renewed her overly-arrogant demeanor and threw open the door, walking past the guard without so much as a sidelong glance.

She hoped Insipid would be pleased.

Bernael simply followed along, as they left, to all appearances the dutiful guard in trail of the officer leading.

And he thought, hopefully, they'd done exactly as needed, and his Master would get all the information they could use or need.

TAGS: @darthbernael @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125

12. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Darth Helinith

Helinith slipped her belt on and shoved the remainder of the pile of things she was carrying into the pod, before climbing in herself.

The pod was highly uncomfortable. Unlike her beloved tie, which though cramped, had the user in a comfortable seated position, the pods were little more than tubes to lie in, controls situated in front of the hands, and a screen in front of the face. The display gave feedback on all sorts of things it determined to be important, including a heart rate monitor in the bottom corner.
    110 bpm. Slightly elevated.
    She didn't see how that was useful, personally. If anything it just made her feel more stressed. Her head couldn't stop turning over the events of her dream, as it always did after one of those episodes.
    It's what you get for going to sleep without a nightcap she told herself. You know the drill. Just because you're happy, doesn't mean you can go thinking that you can break the routine now..
    She didn't like the voice in her head, but it did make an annoyingly good point. Her sleep was pleasantly dreamless whenever a tipple was involved. Did she still have her hipflask on her? She'd have to check. Couldn't have it happening again. Got to stay focused. Traitor, remember?
    "Yeah, yeah I heard you. Get off my-" the last word was lost in her throat as a pair of grey eyes glared at her through the screen.

"KRIFF!" She jammed a fist against the emergency hatch open and half scrambled, half crawled out of the pod back into the doomed shuttle. From the outside of the pod, pure adrenaline slammed both her hands onto the exterior pod ejection button.
    The pod door closed in front of her, the airlock shuttered behind it and the pod shot into space, empty.

Well, not entirely empty.
    Just carrying her boots, her cloak, both lightsabers and her goggles.

She was leaning against the wall, barefoot with a jumpsuit and a belt on. Her breathing became a light panting as her lungs struggled for air. She felt like she probably shouldn't have done that, but it was kinda hard to work out why.
    "Kriff... what have I just done..." she mumbled, sinking to a sitting position.
    She was feeling tired suddenly. Really tired.
    "It's okay. It's just a dream...it's just a dream... just a bad... bad..." She curled up onto the floor and drifted out of consciousness.

TAG: @darthbernael @DarthIshyZ @Sinrebirth

13. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Droid Serapis
    Shuttle in Hapan space

Serapis never felt so fortunate that he was impervious to the effects of the oxygen depletion. He opened the door to Vizier Bo's quarters and found Bo unconscious. The droid's heads-up display showed he was still alive, just... asleep. As he was considering his options, the announcement came over the com system not to launch. Just as well. This was likely going to end up being an exercise in droid diplomacy anyway.

He picked up Bo and carried him over the shoulder like a sack of meiloorun to the front of the shuttle, nearby the hatch. As he put him down, his head hit the bulkhead rather hard. Hoping there was no permanent damage, he propped Bo up, slumped against the bulkhead and went to inspect the pods.

Renn's pod was secured and the display showed he was in relatively good health, given the lack of oxygen. There was no way to add more oxygen to the pod unfortunately. He made note of that and turned to inspect Helinith's pod.

As he approached it, she abruptly scrambled from her pod and ejected the pod. The much more severe lack of oxygen caused her to immediately pass out. Yet, now that she was out, Serapis started to form a plan.

Hapan society was matriarchal. That much was known. She was to be put in charge of this group. The idea of her being unconscious was not anticipated, but could still be useful. Serapis picked her up and took her to sit next to Vizier Bo, being more careful about placing her gently. The difference in size was more visible now, with them side by side.

With the staging complete, Serapis stationed himself at the hatch so he would be the first thing the boarding party would see.

The plan he had conceived involved him introducing himself, protocol droid style, to the boarding party as personal droid to "Leader Helinith." He was going to specifically avoid the "Darth" title. After all, he reasoned, there was no way to know their stance on Force users, yet.

Meanwhile he would utilize this droid's battle programming and heads-up display to assess their strength. Depending on their reaction to his deception, he would determine if submission or attack was the better course of action.

Now it was time to see if his practice using this droid's abilities would pay off. While he waited for the hatch to open, he practiced saying "Roger, Roger" in his best mechanical voice.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @darthbernael

14. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Combo with the Mod-King Sinrebirth

IC: Lord Manticore & Dark Lord Insipid
    Hotel Room, Shesh suite, T -1 hour

The all clear had been given by the
    Emperor, signifying that their suite was free of spying devices. Manticore began rebuilding his weapon as soon as their briefing began. Phase One had been completed without a hitch and now they moved on to Phase Two. Leda and Bernael were being sent on a ‘preemptive’ mission. Manticore nodded at them in confidence, as he was certain they would prove their synergistic efficiency by their actions on the field.

Silently, as was his way, the zabrak sith Lord studied the data screen at length, and ran several scenarios in his mind before both Leda and Bernael were dismissed. There was a chance that things would take an interesting turn for the them, but it would be nothing that two sith couldn’t handle.

With arms folded over his chest, Manticore waited on the Sith Emperor to initiate their chat.

Insipid was just as sure to rebuild his weapon before he spoke, and then he, too, folded his arms and stared at Manticore. His mind drifted somewhat, trying to map the hotel with his senses while the Zabrak sought stoicism rather than anticipation.

There was something... maybe somethings... but it was vague and Insipid couldn’t pinpoint it. A nascent Force user, or someone in emotional distress, perhaps. Not that the hotel wasn’t littered with men and women in trysts, pockmarked with banal treachery or curdled, in the lower, and more public, levels with the swarm of families running herd over their spawn.

Wrinkling his nose, Insipid allowed his attention to return to Lord Manticore, face solemn as ever. They’d not interacted directly for some years. Not since the Battle of Coruscant. To think that they had once presided over the grandest empire the Sith had ever created; the Great Sith Empire, as Insipid remembered it. In point of fact, Insipid could not even recall what Manticore had been up to during the defense of Korriban, though of course he had travelled down to the Well with
    Haretisch and Syren at Mortis.

Which was why they were here at all.

Still, Insipid said nothing.

Though the temptation to smile was growing.

There Emperor’s silence was his cue, that there were things to be addressed. Manticore had many, and he was certain that the same was true for Darth Insipid, but he opted to begin with the ones concerning their present situation. His present situation.

“Will I be running into myself here?”

By ‘here’, he meant this timeline. It was a loaded question, but a very important one with a growing list of ramifications.

Insipid blinked, albeit slowly, to control his reaction and surprise. "Did you live two years after the Battle of Endor? Or did your Master?"

The Dark Lord had a answer, but not necessarily the answer. Among their numbers were only two who might have been alive a hundred and fifty years before the Battle of Mortis...

Darth Insipid had answered his question with a question, which was not really an answer in-and-of itself, but at least it revealed as to when in history they were- which in turn produced an answer. Manticore's former and now very dead master had kept him from knowing dates for a time as part of an ongoing experiment. Hmph. No further thoughts on the subject were needed now that he was aware of the time they inhabited.

The zabrak Sith Lord paused only briefly, his gaze narrowing for several heartbeats, before he answered, first by shaking his head slowly from side to side.

"No." He said simply.

With that out of the way, he could move on to focus on more immediate matters.

"The Acolytes of the Beyond. Are they a concern?" He asked, pointedly.

“No,” Insipid said, but then he leaned forward; the game was done, he had the answer he wanted. “I know you are intelligent. I know that you will want to know more about what is different here. The Empire has been defeated more than a decade sooner than it was in our timeframe; the Battle of Jakku stands as a clear difference, including a devastating assault of the galaxy known as Operation Cinder.”

“We have not had opportunity to travel to Korriban in this realm; but I have been able to find out very little of the Sith history.
    Bane; Plagueis; Sidious; Maul; Tyranus; Vader - they all existed here. But I know not of names here, such as Darth Crawl, Atrius, Shaa, Momin, or others. The present has consistencies and yet not; the past has none, though how consistencies and yet not.” He huffed.

“It is my intention to one day work out what is different; I have been to Byss and there are no clones; I have hunted for Nagai and Yuuzhan Vong influence and found none; I have not discovered the Sith Tribe of Kesh.” Insipid paused. “The ancient past; it may yet reveal
    Pall, Hord, Ragnos, Sadow, Revan, Malak and Vitiate. But the present; it changes at Endor. It behooves us to build upon the changed present, but to do so without ascertaining what those changes are seems a foolish endeavour.”

He sat back; he had leaned forward as he spoke, impassioned about the new Sith lore that surrounded them. Then he clarified his initial answer.

“The Acolytes of Beyond have not been seen for over a year; Lord Haretisch left notes that Kralkus was following them to a suspected connection to the
    Left Handed Lord - Lady Zalen and her team will be following that lead at some point.” That was his way of pointing out that he had covered the Acolytes if need be, if they had indeed survived.

“We build our Sith Empire in the heart of this New Republic; we distort the growth of the Jedi before they become powerful and numerous; we secretly grow our fleet and army using the perverted resources of the Known Galaxy, while Snoke and his First Order desperately scrounge for strength in the Unknown; we divide the members of the Sith Order that scheme and threaten; we reassemble a heart loyal to the Order over the Self.”

He folded his arms and nodded. “That is my plan; I would ensure you know it.”

Manticore gave a slow and strong nod at the words 'Loyal to the Order over the Self'. It had become clear that the Sith Order was inherently fractured by Sith who placed their own personal ambition over that of the Order and their fellows, that's why the Mission to Mortis had failed so spectacularly. Betrayal. He also knew this to be an over-simplistic view, and that the matter was more nuanced and complex. But overall, 'for self' had become the foundation of all their internecine schisms- and his reason for having left initially- which in turn led to being captured by
    Snoke, and as the Force would have it, back to the Sith.

The thought of the name 'Snoke' caused him to flare, but he managed to contain it quickly. He could ill afford to give away their position to anyone.

"A solid plan m'lord." Manticore rasped in response. Movement was life, stagnation was death.

Indeed, building a power-base was imperative and a priority over unravelling the mysteries of the past. Being caught off-guard was not an option, hence this mission and the others. Darth Insipid's keen ability to move pieces on the chess-board was a crucial one, not only to their survival, but also to their success. Who else could lead the Sith at a time like this? Who else had a worthy vision for their order? The answer was as plain as the stench of death on a Rancor.

"So, do
    Lord and Lady Shesh grow a power base here? If so, they are likely to need foot soldiers. Such men need 'ideals' to follow and inspire. What should we offer them to that end?"

“Whatever they want. The New Republic will disenfranchise the former Imperials, and overstretch itself to appeal to the old Separatists.” He shrugged, and lazily circled his hand.

“The Empire’s swift collapse will generate more opportunities than its slow decline; the upheaval will disenfranchise many - we will simply promise to give them back what they once had.” A snort.

Insipid stood, tucking his hands behind the small of the back, peering out the hotel window. “Then in the heart of it all Lord and Lady Shesh - with
    Senator Apollin, the Hapan throne, the Kaminoans in our charge - we will build a centre dedicated to order, and to centrism.”

“Yes?” He could sense
    Leda and Bernael approaching. “Is there anything else, my old friend?”

Manticore nodded slowly. He still had several questions, but time was of the essence, so he understood that one question was probably all he had time for.

"Are we planning to remain in this time?"

He understood the plan Darth Insipid laid-out before them now, but to realize such a grand scheme would take...time.

Insipid smiled to himself as he looked back to Manticore. “Only time will tell.”

It sounded better than admitting that the End of Time had began a chain of events that he could not possibly foresee; that fleeing to this timeline has been unplanned; that he had no idea where the others had been sent, let alone when.

That he wasn’t sure if he was the player or the piece in this Game.

Tag: @Sinrebirth ( * @darthbernael, @QueenSabe7, mentioned )

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Arek Eross
    Shuttle, Near Mustafar

Arek couldn’t explain what had happened.

He remembered leaning over to retrieve the staff that belonged to the deranged old man, and then he inhaled sharply as the air around him seemed to come alive with a surge of pure energy. It rankled his exposed flesh, causing his hair to stand on end, and sent a penetrating chill down the length of his spine. He managed to take one faltering step before he found himself slipping away from this reality and tumbling into the next.

Or rather, that’s what he perceived it as...if the sights and sounds he experienced were any indication. It was hard to explain, especially since he did not possess the proper knowledge or skill to understand the many mysteries of the Force. All he knew was that it existed, it was capable of achieving remarkable feats, and he could touch it on occasion.

Was this related to that somehow? A premonition or vision, perhaps?

If it was, it didn’t make sense. It spoke of an Echo and how it traveled down his family line, touching his father, himself, and his…children? That was the first shocking statement – he didn’t have any children. Aside from a few, short flings over the years, he never even held a longterm girlfriend. And then to flaunt the truth that these non-children were not his? What did it all mean? Why was he special? Why was this Tavion looking for him? What was the significance of the Echo?

There were so many questions, and Arek felt powerless to find the answers. The only thing that sounded even remotely familiar was a single name – Sentan Moor. It was a name he recognized from his youth, having crossed paths with the man on more than one occasion as he passed through their lavish apartment on Coruscant. Moor had been his father’s right-hand man, his most devoted of political lackeys. But outside of Graul’s inner circle, he had no influence, so why mention him here? Where was the connection?

Before he could ponder this further, the moment abruptly ended, and he was back inside the small confines of the shuttle. The rapid transition brought a sinking feeling to the pit of his stomach, and he heard himself gasp as his knees wavered under his own weight. He noted that the room had also grown uncomfortably warm. At first, Arek believed that it was a consequence of the traumatic event he had just witnessed, but when he opened his eyes and allowed his vision to come into focus, he realized that the rise in temperature was due to his proximity to another human being. Aden had invaded his personal space, his forehead pressed tightly against his own in an awkward embrace.

Without warning, Arek lashed out with a menacing growl, his right hand instinctively looping around the strap of his rifle. As he began to backpedal, he brought the weapon around to bear and swung it like a baton to connect with the old man’s shoulder.

“Get back!” he shouted harshly, his voice laced with both desperation and fear. He was breathing heavily, the beating of his heart becoming a tumultuous roar in his own ears. “Wha...what was that?!”

Arek wasn’t sure how he knew, but he was certain that Aden had initiated the vision. It had been his staff that he had touched at the old man’s insistence; it was the last thing he could remember before he had lost all sense of being.

“That was you,” Arek asserted evenly as he narrowed his eyes. “Wasn’t it?”

TAG: @Sinrebirth

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Update Numero Uno!

IC: Darth Insipid, Lesser

Ow, near Mustafar

The blow connected, and Insipid was shocked awake, falling and rolling back. Arek was snapping at him, and it took a moment for him to reassess. "Oops," he said. A hand went up, and the Force grabbed at Arek's throat, lifting him off the ground.

"Your father and I were very well acquainted. It was I who ensured he became Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance, for my Sith Empire. It was I who welcomed him to Moraband as the Galactic Alliance representative to negotiate the surrender of the galaxy. It was with me that he was taken to a realm known as Mortis, and during that confrontation my Sith failed, and released the Hell that you now face."

"So yes, it was me, Darth Insipid, Sith Emperor of the Great Sith Empire, which did all of that..." He growled. "But I have nothing to do with the staff."

"As penance, I have been selected to carry out the will of someone else. I know not the identity of the man who gave me a cloak capable of hiding from the Darkness; who passed me the staff of Sistros, who demanded I locate a place where the Force is thin and defend it."

"I just know that the staff can access other times and places. The past here; the past there, where your father is."

Insipid glared at the boy. "Where I am to send you... but I know not when he is."

TAG: @HanSolo29
    ---
    IC: Darth Insipid, Greater

Kuat City, hotel room

Insipid gestured Manticore to silence before the others returned with an air of success. He adjusted his ear bead, and handed them out to the others. "Well done, Bernael, Leda. Very good." He indicated to them to listen in. Insipid had no intention of holding back on information in this team.

They immediately tuned into a discussion. "Kuat was indeed a friend of the Empire to the bitter end, but my constituents would argue that they were friends of the Republic and the difference between the Rebels and Separatists were not as clear-cut as you make them out to be, ma'am." He harrumphed. "Especially here in the Core where the Emperor had so much control over the interpretation of information."

"That's Apolin," Insipid said, cautiously. "His meeting must have begun while you were on your way up."

"I appreciate that," came a stern female voice, with a lilting quality to it. "However we would appreciate some certainty that you do not remain friends with the Empire even now."

"What Empire," Apolin said, with a chortle. "What was left of the regime faded away, hardly able to hold its cohesiveness together under the weight of your Galactic Concordance. No Coruscant... no Stormtroopers... an impossibly small Navy... reparations... Kuat is lucky that the New Republic embraced it as a matter of priority."

"It took three tries though," a sarcastic voice, male, suggested. "The Battle of Kuat cost the New Republic a lot."

"A testament to how much value the Empire placed on us - and how much value the New Republic should place in our inclusion into the galaxy."

"Without those aforementioned reparations and limitations placed upon it," came a softly spoken third voice. "But at what cost?"

"What cost, sir?" There was a shuffle; Apolin had moved; there was a jangle of china, as if rocked. "Our shipyards have been nearly repaired, at the cost of the nobility. We have merely petitioned to the Senate for what is our due; compensation, and membership in the ostensibly all-inclusive future that you are pandering."

"Sit down, Senator," came the sarcastic growl. "It's not been long since Jakku; and even less time since the Empire surrendered. You can't begrudge us wondering why the Kuati didn't throw off the Empire like Corellia, Chandrila, Hosnian Prime and other Core Worlds..."

"... notwithstanding the fact that the Empire did indeed shape the view of the Rebels as mere successors to the Separatists," came the arch female voice, pressing the point. "We could take you in custody, of course, and discuss this elsewhere. I am sure you know more about the Empire than even Asset Tracking."

"You don't get to be Senator without knowing where the bodies are buried..." Sarcasm again. "Or about all the messy black book projects the Emperor had up his sleeves."

"Oh yes; I know where he buried his treasure," Apolin bit back, all acid. There was more shuffling, but a shift in sound. "I will see myself out - I expect you out of the room by the time I return for my next appointment."

Calm voice. "Perhaps we should just escort you to it, and see just how you do business."

Insipid cursed, standing. "Come on, we need to meet them before they take Apolin away, whoever they are." The voices felt recognisable, but Insipid couldn't put his finger on it. "Hurry, everyone, we may have to use a mind trick or two him out of custody..."

The Sith Lord cracked a grin. "It would certainly make us all the more friendly to the man, if we save him..."

He stepped out the room, almost rushing to the corridor and the lift down to the level that Bernael and Leda had just left. He knew the layout; they would arrive in the next corridor connecting the room to the exit, and there was enough time to intercept them. Insipid held the door open for them, expecting them to rush after.

The Force rustled; it tingled with something - was it merely his anticipation filling it?

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael, @QueenSabe7 (free-form combo, or)
    ---
    IC: Takaris Yur

Near Hapes, ambushed

Yur was guided into the Hapan Battle Dragon and then noticed there were several - five, as a matter of fact. While he was taken to one of them, the ship, disabled though it was, was being taken to another one. Serapis, Renn and Bo remained aboard, though Helinith had launched and been taken into another Hapan Battle Dragon. That meant they were spread across three Dragons.

It was almost as if they knew the exact composition of the Sith group - one Battle Dragon for each of them.

When Yur arrived, he jumped out the pod and ignited his lightsaber... and was promptly hit with a barrage of sonic weapons mounted on astromech sells. The Keshiri cried out and protected his ears - allowing them to stun him.

And bind him.

And sedate him.

It was ruthlessly efficient.

When Helinith arrived at her Dragon, the armoured Hapans promptly rushed to her pod and yanked her free, intending to run her through the same process - unless she woke beforehand. Two sonic droids; six Hapan guards, one strikingly beautiful female superior officer. Each Battle Dragon had the same deployment.

And so, when the shuttle conveying Serapis, Renn and Bo reached the Dragon, the woman simply ordered the ramp lowered - guards shot off the mechanics holding it upright, exposing Serapis. The six guards levelled their blasters, but the astromech-weapons standing either side of the officer did not activate...

They saw Serapis and the woman shouted out. "Identify yourself. We have captured two of your comrades with ease, and will neutralise the survivors you have."

Renn, mind you, would realise that the lack of oxygen within the shuttle had made zero difference to him... encased in an escape pod with its own oxygen supply. Even Bo, now, would be able to wake from his deprivation with ease.

TAG: @Snokers, @darthhelinith, @DarthIshyZ, @darthbernael
    ---
    IC: Esmerelda

Kamino, Tipoca City

While Cocytus, Soliloquy and Drost did the diplomatic, grow-me-an-army-and-a-few-spare-clones part of the mission, they had to prepare. With aplomb, Esmerelda stripped off, zipping the form-fitting combat suit to her skin in a matter-of-fact matter. Kronos might stare, Insipid might have a recording for some stupid voyeur show, but who knows - she was in the zone.

Whatever had happened, she needed to know.

She swung to face Kronos, hand on the controls, before tapping a button on her neck and it rising up to consume her face in sleek blackness. "Coming?"

Meanwhile, Taun We, as she always did, notwithstanding the era, intending to lead the visitors to Lama Su... and blinking neutrally at the ice display.

[​IMG]

She was surprised to see a Kaminoan leading the group, one taller even than she, which removed the advantage that she usually had psychologically over negotiators; Taun We was an expert in the psychology of a species, but she had very rarely applied it to her own species. Nonetheless, she knew to keep her expression neutral, as with any greeting - and she merely looked up at Cocytus, ignoring Drost nearly slipping on the ice that Cocytus had created.

"Honoured guests, please, come this way." She directed them to follow, taking them out of the rain. "It has been some time since we accepted an order; our involvement with the Empire has disturbed our traditional spheres of clientele, though I understand that you have Hapan backing, which is indeed outside our traditional sphere and thus a welcome addition - hopefully."

"The communication was by its nature very vague... before I take you to the Prime Minister directly... as I suppose a tour of our cloning facilities will be unnecessary..." she left the question open, so either of the three could request that they did indeed tour the cloning facilities. "... but might you be more specific on what it is your require of Kamino..."

She asked no names; for now. Soon enough they would do formal introductions but the Sith would recognise that she was also gatekeeper and greeter - if they failed to satisfy her, they would not even speak to the Prime Minister. That there was merely her between them and the Prime Minister was merely an indicative of how much the Kaminoans sought efficiency, but balanced it with prudence - they were meeting both a scientist and a politician in her own right, with power to make or break their expedition.

The Sidious AI whispered softly.

Carefully now, my apprentice.

TAG: @Darth Kronos (combo as discussed), @Darth Cocytus, @Silvertough, @Mitth_Fisto

17. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus looked down at Taun We with his yellow eyes, glowing brightly and profound unlike the more fainter eye colors of the Kaminoan race. It has been a long time since he last laid eyes on another of his race, being the only one within his Order. His eyes glanced around at the interior hallway, taking in the unforgettable familiarity of Kaminoan architecture, bringing in just the vaguest of memories...

Cocytus shook such thoughts away, only allowing them to fuel his anger and hatred, empowering him in the dark side. He breathed deeply, focusing on the here and now, and brought his attention directly towards the Gatekeeper. "We are simply here to make an order for a Grand Army for our growing Sith Empire ." Cocytus spoke with cold calmness, "Troops to carry out our interests throughout the Galaxy. As well as…"

He paused a moment and his glowing eyes glistened. There was a presence within the city among the beings of his race. A new and unfamilar presence within the force stronger and more intense standing out among the ordinary beings. The Dark Side called out to him within it, wanting this being to be found. A thin, barely noticeable smile curled slightly on his lips as wheels and cogs turned within his head.

"As well as a few special requests I wish to make personally with the Prime Minister." Cocytus concluded, resisting the urge to add a slight purr to his cold voice, least those who would oppose him catch on too soon, "Lama Su is still the Prime Minister, I presume? It's been ages since I have been home…"

Can you feel it master? A presence within the Dark Side. I am not the only force sensitive kaminoan here after all. Advice, Master?

@Sinrebirth

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Kamino, Tipoca City

At least they were out of the rain. Or so he thought, but with passing acknowledgment he gave a smile in the Force to his apprentice. The only one out of their group to do as he wished they had all done. Accept the rain and move on. Only then the true danger was revealed. Their Kaminoan seemed to forget his place, to which a harsh grating sound emitted from his being, like gears grating against each other. It was with great pain they heard the rebuttals being thrown about and non-obtuse nature of their supposed negotiator. If he wasn't locked into this form right now he would smack the long neck on the back of the head. Private request? Had he ever been that young and greedy?!?

Low tone grating out he spoke, "Blunt, but acute words negotiator. May black bisector create purple parallel." he simply stated. Letting the implicit roles between at least two of them become explicit. Cocytus was the mouth. He was the buyer. Not to mention speaking as a gree might was a good way to add a third wrench into whatever understanding the gatekeeper might have of them yet.

"Might we take the non-right angle? Inspect purple vertex we endeavor to hire?" he added as an after thought. What better way for his apprentice to get a taste for the lay of the land as well as create opportunity. Still, with nothing else to do but wait, he let his single eye zoom in and out over the bodies of the two Kaminoans. Male and female if he was correct. All limbs, little brains, little guts. . .how in the world did something like that reproduce? External eggs and sperm like the fins on top of their heads hinted toward fishy ancestry? Curious, and too late to ask his apprentice to add that as an after thought into the research. Sith it all, he was curious now.

TAG: @Silvertough , @Darth Cocytus , @Sinrebirth

19. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Leda aka Lady Shesh
    Hotel, Kuat City

Leda had given a final nod in Bernael’s direction once they had successfully returned to the hotel suite undetected. They had left a contained mess behind but nothing to trace back to them, so a job well done by her standards. Taking the proffered listening device from Insipid after savoring the morsel of praise he had given them, she stepped in closer and perched on the side of the larger bed, holding the tiny speaker to one of her ears.

The ensuing conversation on the other end of the connection was moderately distracting to her as she couldn’t see faces. The voices were distinctly different, but she found herself concentrating more so on telling them apart than the actual words they spoke. Still, it was easy to tell that the senator was not a favorite among whomever he was meeting with. In the short bit they all had heard, it escalated enough to the point of imminent hostility.

"Come on, we need to meet them before they take Apolin away, whoever they are," Insipid abruptly ordered, startling Leda and sending her jolting to her feet. Before she could react vocally he was already fluttering towards the damn door.

“Wha- wait!” she half-called, half-muttered, distractedly gathering her previously discarded robes from the bed beside her and hurriedly smoothing out pieces of her hair that had come undone due to the closet fight with Bernael. “We’re supposed to be kriffing snob-level wealthy, we need to look like it,” she continued to no one but herself, however she was on the move as well, chasing after her Emperor while getting redressed in the process.

Thankfully the lift ride down gave Leda a few extra moments to assure she was as presentable as Lady Shesh should be, and she was even given a chance at the end to glare at the back of Insipid’s bald head.

The doors slid open and he stepped aside to usher the rest of them out first, to which Leda took as her cue to fall back into her role. Chin up and shoulders back, she strode into the hallway first and turned purposefully towards where the senator was, the Force lighting up as it honed in on Apolin and his colleagues not too far away.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @darthbernael

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  20. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Bernael aka Blade
    Kuat City, Hotel

Bernael thought over the recent operation with Leda as they returned to the hotel room. It had been a simple operation, but even that did not mean that it had had its own difficulties. They had done well, left no trace of their own presence, and they had accomplished what was needed. He nodded in respect to Leda before they entered, then deeper to Lord Insipid and Lord Manticore.

He took the proffered earbud and slipped it into his ear, listening in to the ongoing conversation. As he listened he realized several points, that the conversation was not going the way the stern woman that was present wanted, nor was it going the way the Senator wanted, and finally that if they did nothing their contact would be arrested and their mission would get infinitely harder.

And, it seemed, Lord Insipid felt the same given the words he uttered next, "Come on, we need to meet them before they take Apolin away, whoever they are. Hurry, everyone, we may have to use a mind trick or two him out of custody..."

Bernael immediately assumed the attitude of the bodyguard Blade, swiftly checking his secreted weapons, and then speeding up to catch up to the others as they dashed down the hallway. Lord Insipid was in the fore as they reached the lift, but as he’d closed up last and was the last on the lift he took the bodyguard’s position, to the front of the remainder, as the lift descended. As it dropped he double checked his weapons and mask. Hopefully the weapons wouldn’t be needed this early into the mission, after all his Master had mentioned possibly mentioning using mind tricks.

He stepped out of the lift, scanning quickly both visually and through the Force, his eyes shifting toward fully black, as the others took up their own positions based on what a standard Kuati family would appear. He could feel the two women and the Senator not far ahead as they moved, and he let his natural senses reach out, trying to glean every detail of the trio and what could be potential weak points within rhwm, as they closed the distance.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @QueenSabe7, @greyjedi125

------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Exact transformation into another being, through shapeshifting GM approved

IC Renn Turon
    Escape Pod/Shuttle

The visions faded, all that remained was remembrances of brunette hair and many hugs. His senses returned as he felt that the oxygen levels had normalized as the pod was no longer exposed to vacuum. He shifted so that if anyone looked into the pod they would see only the interior, although closer inspection would reveal that what they saw appeared too close for it to be the regular controls, but he wasn’t going to give anyone the time to figure that out.

Two of the Hapan guard had entered the chamber containing the escape pods, knowing one of the beings they had come to collect was still missing. The pods were one of the last places they could check that could possibly hold that being. They used low pitched battle language to communicate as they checked every inch of the space knowing, based on the description given, their quarry would or could appear as almost anything.

For his part, Renn stayed quiet and calm in the pod observing and memorizing every aspect of the guards movement. He studied their battle language and with what he’d studied of the Hapans enroute, he deciphered enough to be able to speak it, as well as the sound of both guards voices.

The two guards had searched every space until all that was left was one pod that seemed to appear empty. However, they knew that appearances could be deceiving or that their quarry had somehow managed to change himself enough so that he couldn’t be seen. One guard stood back, his blaster leveled at the pod as the other triggered the hatch release.

What neither realized was that in the short time that he had since he had regained consciousness Renn had over pressurized the pod. When the hatch release was triggered, the over-pressure blew the hatch off of its hinges breaking the arm of the nearer guard and nearly decapitating the further guard. And this turned out to be only a secondary effect, because as the hatch blew apart the pressure also shot Renn out of the pod at high speed.

He would be unrecognizable to any who knew him in that moment. There was no solid form, shape to him, he seemed as liquid material, flowing all over the compartment, but with purpose. First with the guard who merely had a broken arm he wrapped his body around the Hapan and strangled him. The other, almost decapitated he spun and confronted as the first dropped to the ground, dead ‘Almost decapitated, better finish the job.’ he thought. Spearing out a thin but sharp limb he sheared the guards head clean from his shoulders.

Catching the head and body as it fell, reducing the noise of what had happened, he lifted the bodies one at a time, after shifting to something that could accomplish the task, and ripped them apart, stuffing them down into a nearby chute, out of sight of immediate, or even a more thorough search for them.

He then took on the exact appearance of the guard with the broken arm, allowing his arm on that side to take on an obviously warped posture. If anyone questioned him he would say that he’d been by the pod when it explosively opened and their quarry had shot out as his arm had been hit and smashed into his face, knocking him out. He stumbled out of the compartment, cradling his arm slightly, as he ran into the other guards, headed to secure Helinith and Bo.

As he suspected they questioned him as to the circumstances, but due to his ‘unconsciousness’ he couldn’t remember what happened to his fellow guard or their quarry. Pitching his voice, changing his vocal chords actually to match the sound of that guard’s voice, he replied “The creature must have escaped when I was unconscious.”

He was ordered to join the squad by the ramp and the droid they had discovered there after being administered a pain killer for his arm, one that thankfully would not affect him much. He slowly made his way out of the ship, closing on the droid. When he got close, reporting to the officer present, “Ordered to return here from search of the shuttle. Regret to inform that my partner has disappeared as has the creature. Has the tin man here given up any information that would allow me to hunt that thing down and recover my partner, Sir?” He hoped that Serapis, inside the droid, remembered that Renn gave nicknames to everyone as that was as much of a clue as he could give without revealing himself to those that had captured them.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @DarthIshyZ, @darthhelinith, @Snokers

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2019
  21. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    IC: Vizier Bo
    Battle Dragon, boarded...

The Vizier
    began to realize he was dreaming when the strange narrative was interrupted by loud voices and the unmistakable sound of blaster fire. He was fully aware of the mission and Yur and Hapes and all of it.

He could not recall what had caused him to lose consciousness. In this strange fantasy he stood opposite his sibling, towering and cloaked and twisted as Darth Anark was, he feared him not. This was not a typical dream where everything was pre-determined, like a holo show or a ballet, Bo had control over his actions. Lucid. He looked down at his brother's weapon on his belt and reached out a hand, calling upon the Dark Side to help him steal it.. and the Dark Side obeyed him. The hilt flew to his hand and he ignited it, taking only a second before lunging forward and driving it upward through the mad Sith's chin and out through the tip of his head.

And then... blackness...

He didn't wake with a start. It was peaceful, gentle, and reminiscent of the many mornings he'd woken to the sunlight that strobed through blinds back in the palace on Naboo.

Bo tried to make sense of his surroundings... it appeared they were in a spot of bother.

22. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore aka Harrow
    Kuat City, Hotel

Silently, Manticore nodded toward both Bernael and Leda as they re-entered the room. They had succeeded in their assignment as he knew they would. But this was only the beginning. Darth Insipid wasted not a moment as he distributed earbuds to the team, so they could all listen to the ongoing conversation with Senator Apolin and other unidentified persons.

It quickly became apparent that things were not proceeding in an amicable manner and the Senator’s freedom was being threatened. Thankfully, Manticore had opportunity enough to look over the Hotel’s exits and other security details during the briefing, as did the rest of the team. The second act was upon them and the Dark Lord himself was leading the charge.

Manticore held-back a look of amusement as he spied Leda’s wardrobe struggles, which reminded him to adopt a ‘less severe’ appearance on his face and overall posture. Hopefully no one noticed his own dilemma in getting back into character.

First out of the suite was Lord Shesh, followed by Lady Shesh and consequently by her telbun. Last out was the Shesh bodyguard:Blade. The Shesh party moved through the corridor with due alacrity, but still in a manner befitting their high social status. Within moments they were in the lift and down to the desired level. The ride down had been a silent one as the team prepared themselves mentally for the impending encounter and a yet unrevealed scenario.

Harrow extended his force senses and let the currents of the force inform him of unseen nuances contained in the event theatre they would be facing. Dynamics would be quickly shifting and the windows in which to act would be narrow, as expected. He already had a ‘distraction’ in mind, depending on how far south the situation descended. In that instance, he could tell that the rest of the team was performing similar feats in the force, gleaning what they could to gain any advantage.

Harrow followed the Lord and Lady, affecting a sage demeanor and a confident step.

Senator Apolin was about to meet his greatest allies, even if he was not yet aware of that fact.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @QueenSabe7 ( Bring on the combo if needed )

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  23. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    IC: Darth Anark
    Cantina Brawl, Nar Shaddaa

The lightning sent Jarykko soaring across the room, stopped by a solid teal coloured wall where he would slide to the ground, emanating a trail of smoke, stunned but not out of it - he was a big guy, after all.

The ugly man who had sneered at him earlier reached across the table for his blaster. The nectar wine had not done anything to dull Anark’s reflexes - he reached down and retrieved a throwing knife from the holster at his knee and, in a fluid and calculated motion, brought it down on the centre of the man’s hand. piercing it before he could reach his weapon, leaving him pinned helplessly to the table.

The Sith’s yellow eyes smouldered as they started between the remaining members of the party. The ugly brute screamed as he attempted to pull at the knife that had him stuck.

Anark whipped out his lightsaber and felt an electric rush through his entire body as the red blade appeared.

yes

The Sith leaped over the table, his black cape swirling like a cyclone, and beheaded the man on the left of the pinned one. The other managed to fire three shots at Anark which he caught on a Force barrier and before the last spark hit the floor from the deflection, he too was decapitated.

Anark saw Jarykko start to get back on his feet. He made his way towards the giant, sprinting in an effort to get him before he stood but he was met with a fist to the face. He heard a crack somewhere inside his face and tasted blood on his tongue. Jarykko then grabbed him by the collar and threw him onto the table where the pinned man still wailed and moaned. Anark forced himself back onto his feet and as Jarykko made a lunge for him he swung his lightsaber upwards, watching him an inch or two from the eye, only deep enough to maim. He followed the strike up with a powerful Force push and sent his assailant flying against the wall once more, with a fresh scar across his smug face.

His comlink chimed but he didn’t bother to pull it out. Instead he put away his lightsaber and headed for the door. On his way out he knelt down beside the pinned man.

“That’s a grizzly wound, that is,” he said, a grin beginning to crack across his bloodied face. He gave the knife a slight push. It squelched as it cut further through fresh bone and tendon, prompting an almighty scream. “There may well be some nerve damage.”

Anark gave the man a peck on the head and picked up a half burned death stick from an ashtray on the table.

Today had not gone to plan. He just wanted out of this dusty cantina now.

And he was not looking forward to reporting back to Wanderguard.

TAG: @Darth_wanderguard @Bacta Bubble Bath

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  24. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Serapis
    Hapan Battle Dragon

The plan had not followed any of his assumptions. Within minutes the shuttle was captured. The entry ramp had been blown and Serapis now lay exposed. It had appeared they had advance planning. Perhaps the traitor that Insipid had mentioned had informed them of their arrival.

That's what made the next part so confusing. The commanding officer asked him to identify himself. If she had advanced knowledge, wouldn't the informant have said Serapis was inside the droid? He decided to continue the ruse and see where it led.

Ascending down the broken ramp in his best imitation of a droid, he came to a halt in front of the commanding officer. "I am BX-N1. A former battle droid converted to protocol and guard duty for Leader Helinith, one of your prisoners."

There was a commotion on the shuttle behind him. He turned in that direction briefly, but then focused his attention back on the group of Hapans.

He stood for a bit in front of the officer waiting on her response when one of the Hapan guards came up to the group holding his arm. It was fortunate that he had the droid's sabbac face to hide behind. If he hadn't, the shock of hearing the nickname coming from the guard would have been evident.

He focused the droid photorecepters on the guard and stated flatly "This Tin Man has nothing to hide, Hapan." He now waited for the next act in this play they were putting on.

Tags: @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth, @Snokers, @darthbernael

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  25. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Darth Helinith

Helinith gradually became aware that she was… well, aware.
    For how long she had been aware, she couldn't say, nor how she had become such.
    She first became conscious of her toes, they seemed freer than usual, although she couldn't say why. She spent a few moments getting reacquainted with them, wriggling them about.
    This led to the awareness that she was sat up, and leaning against something warm.
    Next, she heard a clanking of clamps engaging, a barking of orders, and the quiet firing of small detonators forcing the ramp open. She reached for her lightsaber, realised she didn't have it, and swore quietly.
    Damn it.
    She'd just have to wait here, with her eyes closed and wait for the opportune moment to do something. She didn't know what that something was yet, but she'd figure it out.

"I am BX-N1. A former battle droid converted to protocol and guard duty for Leader Helinith, one of your prisoners."

Ohh. Better remember that for later.

Tag: @DarthIshyZ @darthbernael @Snokers @Sinrebirth

Sent from my left elbow using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019