main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Dark Reach: Episode II – THE STORM OF ONE

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by HanSolo29 , Nov 1, 2021.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Cera Tan
    The Palace Grounds, Pelagon

Cera nodded to her companion. Maybe that was the way to get to the other Knights? Nevermind that, there was a job to be done. She raised her lit lightsaber into a defensive position as she started making her way forward. There was no point in trying to surprise the Sith, they will be able to sense and react in time.

Cera only needed a bit of time to find an opening and exploit it. Though she must not be too cautious as that too was exploitable by the Sith. There was a very fine balance and she was about to find it, then will make her opening move. Hopefully the duel won’t last too long before she deals with her foe.

Then the unexpected happened… there was an appeal that they were to work together. Cera hesitated for a second, then considered it “Nice try…” she growled and raised her weapon again. The problem was that she could sense the sincerity of the plea and the wrongness of the situation. Though Palpatine had been sitting in front of the whole Council and no one was able to tell that he was lying to their faces…

But it was not coming from the Sith… but from the heir of the House Pelagia. “You should stand clear.” she cautioned Shey “The Sith are not to be trusted.” Cera snarled. “The moment we lower our guards they will stick a blade in our guts.” ignoring the SIth who was addressing Shey.

Although… a small voice in her mind reminded her… she was working for the Empire and not the Jedi Order…

TAG: @Sinrebirth @ConservativeJedi321 @TheSilentInfluence @darthbernael @Silvertough

2. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Bernael
    Pelagon

Darkness dripping eyes turned skyward as Iudex spoke. It was as though Bernael was peering through the smoke, the atmosphere, and out into the space of orbit, seeing what was still above. He heard as Cera spoke, drawing a snort from him. He was unsure if she realized the irony of the fact she was cautioning her compatriots of the character of Sith when she herself served two other of the Circle Lords.

But it mattered little now. Ignoring the Knights and the Nightsister, he stalked around the hangar. Sennex, good my brother.” he muttered, loud enough for Iudex to hear. A swift leap took him to the canopy of one of the Manta-class assault fighters. Landing lightly, he checked the integrity of it, bringing a smile to his face when it seemed solid.

Another leap, with a flip as he moved, he landed on his feet by Iudex. ”Tell me, brother, are not the actions of the servants representative of the actions of their direct masters?”

His proboscises twitched in his cheek pouches as a smile that didn’t reach his eyes crossed his face. A lazy wave encompassed the Knights. ”Given that…what do the Knights actions here say about those they report to?” he asked in a harsh quiet tone.

Snorting, he turned back to the Manta, ”They can obey the summons or not but they have wasted our time for far too long. These Mantas do not have hyperdrive but I doubt every One Sith ship has left yet. And we’ve taken over much mightier craft.”

The Knights no longer mattered, the two of them had been called and the Emperor’s warrior and assassin would not miss the rendezvous.

The dark smile had returned, ”So, rochambeau for pilot or gunner’s seat, my brother?”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Silvertough, @ConservativeJedi321, @TheSilentInfluence, @TheAdmiral

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Oorta & Anor
    Nubia

“Take me to the Graul Estate, here,” Insipid supplied to his pilots and bodyguards. “There’s a warehouse, abandoned, and in its depths I hid a Spaarti cylinder that I stole from a moon in the Unknowns.” He didn’t want to get into it, but he had known where at least two were, after all.

Nodding at that Anor turned the ship ever so slightly to follow the path given. Flying casual to blend in with any other routine traffic that might be heading somewhere on simple business. Oorta kept his gaze on the scopes, noting a new ship. Of course this was negated by their passenger using the comms to hail it.

Insipid spoke. “Come,” he called out across the comms. “Here, we regroup, and we prepare for war. Darth Krayt lives, has seized the Tapani Sector, and is coming for us.” He sent that message to them, but also Bellorum, Aryan and Ike. His husband sent a noncommittal response, but Insipid didn’t have time for that. He’d reconnect later. Regarding the other two aboard his shuttle, he spoke up. “We need to get to ground now.”

Nodding at that Anor turned the shuttle and pushed the engines. There were in what was commonly known as a nose-dive and they would get there one way or another with all possible haste! "Crash webbing is recommended." She calmly stated as she single-handedly made sure her belts were tightened. Oorta did likewise in a more rushed manner, speaking up to their distracted occupant. "Sir? You might want to do as she says." He nervously stated.

TAG: @CosmoHender , @Lady_Belligerent, @Sinrebirth , @DarthIshyZ, @Nehru_Amidala

4. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Iudex
    Pelagon

Iudex glanced up from the miniature speaking zabrak arrayed from the holoprojector clutched in his palm. His eyes followed that of his fellow Circle Lord as he inspected the various fightercraft dotting the room. "It tells me that the Imperial Knight program is in need of serious reformation." He replied sternly, before shutting of the holoprojector with a terse nod. "And that cancerous cells require liquidation."

He crossed his arms across his chest, an eyebrow raised as Bernael landed next to him. "It is not ideal, but you are correct, the Manta need only to breech atmosphere. These One Sith pretenders will provide us with a more adequate vessel in time." The holopuck disappeared within a pocket of his armor as Iudex strode towards the fightercraft.

"If all for naught, my lieutenants are preparing a blockade runner for our personal use. We have options, either way." Iudex regarded Bernael with a snort, before shaking his head and leaping atop the fighter. "Do you really wish a repeat of the Battle of Hapes brother? I think it's high time you get the chance to demonstrate your piloting skills for once."

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael , @ConservativeJedi321, @TheSilentInfluence, @TheAdmiral

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    IC: Lady Hekate

Before Hekate could even put in the coordinates to the navi-computer for the Hapes Consortium, the still teenaged twins were gazing out the viewport...when Hekate's data pad buzzed. Picking it up, they read over the message. "Mother, we must assist Lord Insipid," Persephone insisted as Thanatos restrained El Muerte back down near the landing ramp, just in case they were boarded. Hekate could feel the sudden shift in the Force now, they all could! The Force was going nuts right now, anyone with the Force sensitivity of a bowl of lukewarm chili con queso could feel it. She was suddenly all the more grateful her children could take on their teen forms to assist in the upcoming fight. Yet another odd genetic trait from being half-Anzat, a gift from Cold Dande Sinn (they were his grandchildren after all, and born into a family steeped in the Dark Side of the Force), or something else all together? Either way, Hekate was pleased and they would battle for Insipid.

El Muerte was going nuts, thrashing and clacking her mandibles, she wanted blood. "Hush, hush- you will get your chance soon," Hekate called back over her shoulder, before returning to the pilot's seat, making sure weapons systems were online and ready to go at a moment's notice, Hekate typed in her response and re-set the coordinates. She also commed Serapis with the update.

TAG: @Sinrebirth and @DarthIshyZ

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Walce Quia-Vis
    Pelegan

As it stood now Walce eyed his companion with vague curiosity, what exactly was her plan?
    She seemed just as likely to attack them as he had been, but just with a softer, slower strike. Walce crossed his arms, careful to keep his lightsaber firmly in grip and thumb on the emitter if it was needed. "Something is going on here, more than we know." He glanced to Shey, Cera and the others. He wasn't sure what, but there was a darker plan behind this. The Sith Made less sense to him than the Jedi, at least the Jedi were predictable. You could always count on them doing what they felt was right, even if it was nonsensical.

The problem with the Sith is the only served the needs of the moment, what would benefit them in the long term, or rather what they saw as benefiting them in the long term. Force knows exactly what that might. What got on his nerves how both had such a poor ability to communicate. Was it really that hard to explain exactly what you were thinking and why you were thinking it? No soliloquys, or theater, no riddles or puns, just plain A to B logic. Walce couldn't help but think that this whole scenario was some elaborate ruse designed to test them in a way he hadn't figured out yet. The humans head began to throb again, though perhaps that was just a result of all this thinking and not the concussion he had experienced earlier. "Perhaps your earlier suggestion to retreat and get help was wise." Hew huffed towards Cera, shrugging his shoulders in confusion.

Tags: @TheSilentInfluence, @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral, @darthbernael, @Silvertough

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy a Combo Of Evil
    The Space Between Stars

Soliloquy had nominal command of some Sith now, and he was joined at a rendezvous point not too far from Nubia by others - Darth Havok, fresh from his failed expedition at Pelagon, and Darth Wyyrlok IV, having ferried Bernael and Iudex to Pelagon to crush Imperial Knight interlopers but been diverted by other campaigns., Nihl summoned Soliloquy to a private briefing with Wyyrlok.

The Fist, Voice and Eyes of the Emperor.

Wyyrlok regarded Soliloquy briefly and then arched an eyebrow. Nihl replied to the unspoken question. “You leave Bernael and Iudex alone to test their loyalty, meanwhile I’ll test Soliloquy with a secret.”

“Seems more dangerous to do it your way than mine,” she said, surly.

“We’ll see,” Nihl said darkly, and turned to the hologram atop the holoprojector. “But we don’t want the Emperors and Empress to summon reinforcements, do we now?”

“Of course not,” oozed Mas Amedda.

Soliloquy sighed as his head tendrils worked on cocooning small metallic eggs in grey silk and black glyphs. With a smirk belying the delicate nature of his unstopped work he raised a hand to place a fresh egg from his side satchel. “I thought we wanted all of these Pests in one place for ease of grinding. Has the One Sith that matters changed his pleasure for the coming confrontation?”

Amedda chuckled. "I am not one of those pests, I was merely forced to co-operate with them to avoid my head on a lightsaber pike."

"Therefore, I, as the first of the name Darth Wyyrlok," he grinned through forked teeth, "and the progenitor of the future..." He nodded to his own great-granddaughter. "I have simply taken advantage of the change in Sith tide to align myself with the winning faction."

He flared his eyes at Soliloquy. "So no Imperial Star Destroyers will intervene in the Battle of Nubia whatsoever."

Nihl watched Soliloquy react to this turn of events.

Tilting his head slightly in a pouting face, lower lip quivering, eyes watering. “It’s okay.” He nodded reassuringly to Wyrlock. Then he turned his gaze to Nihl and Wyrlocks granddaughter, “It is perfectly natural given your situation and all the stress for a man of your age to experience impotence. Just because you can’t get an ‘Imperial Star Destroyer’ up for the battle doesn’t mean that we think any less of you.” He added with all sincerity and comforting emotions in the Force.

Mas blanched, Saarai blushed and Nihl rolled his eyes. “Behave, Eyes.” A hand clapped the back of his head absently. “The Hand is busy, but will rendezvous with us.”

His gaze narrowed. “Can we not rely upon any Imperial assistance at Nubia?”

Mas scowled at Soliloquy. “Definitely not now.”

Soliloquy’s eyes goggled out of his sockets at the hand that clapped him. He had seen it coming clear as day but the slight spike of terror he bled into the Force as he juggled to catch a dislodged egg was telling to just how casually he had been working on death with them all. “Easy.” He seethed in a simmering tone.

Soliloqy gently turned over the egg, giving it a studious once over. Nodding at what he saw he gently passed it back up for further final touches. “Don’t worry. If anything happens we already have your genetics on file, and with or without a Imp Star I’m sure is not too worrisome.” He looked at the other non-humans around the table. “Having them present would be a double edged sword not too dissimilar to a third faction to contend with at the battle that could turn on us. Not to mention the inferiority of the offering compared to what we bring anyways.”

Amedda sniffed. "The spy lectures about sides?"

Nihl lifted a hand. "Enough."

Saarai for her part was focused upon Soliloquy's eyes.

"So we intend to go in on our own? No support?"

"We have the Tapani assets, and the Sith Troopers -"

"We have sixtee -"

Nihl shot the woman a glare, and Amedda narrowed his eyes. "We are allies," Nihl replied to the Grand Vizier. "That does not mean we expect the Empire to fight our battles for us."

"Quite so," the older Chagrian said, glancing at Soliloquy. "I look forward to your victory."

At that, he cut the line.

Nihl stared at the blank space. "Thoughts?"

"That Soliloquy just messed up our -"

"Amedda wasn't going to put his neck out for us, Soliloquy just stopped us wasting time haggling," Nihl said with some sharpness, and his eyes roved to the latter. "Correct?"

Soliloquy leaned back in his chair and sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. “Haggling we might of gotten one or two of his sorriest excuses for Imp Stars. My goal was to get him off the fence. Either wholly invest because he believes the garbage he driveled and would want to prove his position, or cease wasting our time. He entirely believes he is untouchable because of an alternate timelines history and so will not risk any of his own power in a game of trying to make himself greater than just some persons great-great-grandgapher.” With that he gave a flippant gesture to said progeny. “So by all means ignore the spy. Not like the position requires any special skills.”

Nihl smiled, accentuating his facial tattoo. "Well said."

"Saarai, this is why you are merely Voice, and remember you were my Voice."

She flared her eyes at the usage of her birth name, but remained still, tightly bound in muscle and the Force.

"And you would do well to remember that you are no longer the Dark Lord." Nihl stiffened in response.

"No, I am not," he allowed.

He went to turn, giving Soliloquy the opportunity to walk in tandem, or remain with Saarai...

Soliloquy elected to remain seated, delicately lifting a finished egg from his head tails before depositing another. "Just need a few minutes to finish up. So hard to end these rituals when one is on a roll." he stated with a wane smile.

Nihl nodded, and Saarai watched him leave.

"Insufferable albino," she said, sing the Imperial parlance for Nagai, from before the Battle of Endor. "I loathed being his voice."

Soliloquy grinned, with a minor flourishing twist of an arm he pulled out what would appear to be an honest to goodness bound paper tome. Cracking the spine slightly he pressed the pages open with a firm press down the middle crease, relishing the illusory odors as he let his left eye read over a transcript of the meeting all the way up to even this conversation. “Indeed. That is the flaw some positions of power. Although I am sure you were diligently researching if as his voice you could ride the connectivefeedback to make him cease breathing inhis sleep.” He added with a wry grin.

She snorted, an unflattering sound. "What Sith would not?"

"We may be One, but we can disagree on who is best to be our leader. Lord Krayt selected Nihl to lead until he was recuperated in his knew body... but essence transfer... it seems to invite its own madness." She sounded wistful. "Changes, Epitaphs, Hearts of Kyber..."

“Hmmm.” He muttered stroking his chin. “Hearts of Kyber?” He idled on that one. Was there something there?

Saarai went to answer, when an alarm sounded out. "We're arriving," Nihl announced across the comms. "Everyone to stations."

The Chagrian rushed to her feet, professionalism and a desire to kill surpassing her dislike of Nihl.

"Come on."

Soliloquy of course left off his question and merely dictated the 'Hmm' for a stalk-ish onlooker, but was saved any elaboration by the alarms. With that relayed he ended the dictation and resumed the random nonsensical code he normally displayed for his left eye. Left, heh. Some people were always stuck on a theme.

"Coming." he idly spoke with a distracted air as he secured the final egg he had prepared. "Could I get a download on that last item? It would be a welcome respite to have something new - novelty does make one more. . .chaotically effective and inventive." he decided to finish with that last flourish.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

8. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Barriss Offee

Nubia

She felt it too, just like Vima did.

The familiar cold of the dark side.

It reminded her of Umbara.

Barriss frowned as her gaze followed Vima's finger, toward the planet and the other ships.

"I have a bad feeling about this," she admitted.

Vima nodded, a chop of her head. "As do I," she rasped, and unconsciously rubbed at her arms to warm her.

"They are heading to the surface..."

"Who are they though?" Barriss asked while trying to keep her distance from the other ships so that they wouldn't be spotted.

"Dark," Vima said, sharply. "Dark, dark, dark."

She wondered aloud. "We are in unaligned space... the New Republic has no place here unless confirm we can that these are Dark Jedi to Master Skywalker, or Imperials to the military..."

"Do we leave with our feelings, or do we need more? Master Skywalker will trust us, Leia too... but the rest?" She narrowed her eyes. "See beyond the shadow, I cannot, into the future. There are no shapes of Star Destroyers to refer."

"What do you see, when you stretch out, Offee?"

Barriss didn't answer.

She couldn't see. Not yet, at least.

She closed her eyes and reached out, trying to get some sense of what they were up against. Hoping to see... well, something.

Because she didn't like the idea of going in blind. She already made that mistake on Umbara.

The shadows had shapes, but none she would recognise.

Their outlines spoke of a Chagrian, a Nautolan, humans, a Twi'lek, a cyborg of sorts...

And before them, a set of humans in cloaks, but there were differences to their silhouettes...

A man, lax upon a throne, heavyset, amused.

She would need to go further into the shadow to see more...

Barriss opened her eyes and was silent for a moment as she thought about what they knew.

It wasn't enough.

She shook her head. "We should leave," she suggested. "I don't like this at all and we have very little information." She frowned. "It would be wise to withdraw..."

-

OOC: Combo with @Ananta Chetan @galactic-vagabond422 @Lady_Belligerent and @Silvertough

IC: Knights Brokenborough, Donovoy, Hhat, and Tyrell

Sith Interdictor

Sam felt an uncomfortable shiver travel up by her spine as Kroan spoke to her. She wanted to shoot him on the spot. To blast him right in his stupid, creepy face.

But she was unable to. Instead, she lowered her blaster. It seemed like he did have a power over her, as much as she hated to admit it.

She looked down and walked forward, stepping in between the other Knights and Kroan as he came closer. "Join you... for what? Where have you brought us... and why?"

True to his promise, Arthur ignored the lecherous, honeyed words of Kroan, shifting immediately to the side to bring his blaster rifle to bear against the Sith. Sam, it would seem, was unable to pull the trigger herself. He would have no such issue. The moment Arthur had a clear shot, he took it, squeezing the trigger and letting loose a salvo of blaster fire directed at Kroan's chest.

Kroan's lip twitched as Sam stepped forward, maybe she wouldn’t be as difficult as he'd imagined… of course, it would be better if she fought just a little.

He wasn't able to savor the moment due to the trigger happy Knight with his blaster rifle. Kroan's lightsaber was instantly in his hand to deflect the bolts away. "Can you calm down for a minute? I'm trying to chat with the lady," the brute Sith drawled.

Pointing towards the large viewport he answered Sam. "I've brought you to Nubia, we shall have the ideal vantage point to watch the Galactic Empire's death."

He smiled at Sam. "I'm sorry babe, but your comrade that tried to shoot me will have to die." Kroan shrugged. "But you can always negotiate with me for the lives of the other two." His words suggestive and caused the small bridge crew to cringe.

Propping himself against a wall and placing both palms over his wounds Knight Brokenborough called on the full healing energies of the Force with all of the effort he could muster.

It was now or never. The odds of them surviving their current ordeal looked bleaker than ever under the shadow of Kroan's obvious dark power.

Raising his head finally with a subtle feeling of relief, Charles ignited his blade and took up the flank position for the party.

Will couldn't help the smile on his face as they walked into the bridge surrounded. It was exactly what they expected Kroan and all. Of course Kroan led with an attempt at seduction of the good lady Sam. The knight wondered if the other man had ever interacted with a woman before. Though in his heart he knew that he had. He used power as his allure since his looks left something to be desired. And his power was great, having the firebrand pause and deflect the surprise attack from Arthur.

"Very kind of you my good sir we were just about to make our way here. You have made our way easy." A chuckle rose from his chest as he turned watching the team's back instead of their front choosing to put his energy shield towards the largest possible amount of blaster fire. "You see Sam he's a proper gentleman. If you will not have him I will certainly enquire if he has room on his dance card for another gentleman." His grin never died, even with the fate of the empire in the balance, he never stopped smiling.

None of this mattered...He might as well have fun in the inevitable.

"Kroan, you old dog I see you only have eyes for her. Or is it the fair hair that attracts you?" He said turning his head vigorously back and forth swaying his golden blonde locks behind him. "As you can see... I am not lacking in that department."

The Sith's hearty laughter echoed in the near empty bridge, all the while using a tendril of Force energy to gently tug Sam towards him. "There's plenty of me to go around," Kroan boasted. "And this is a big ship."

Sam intentionally dropped her blaster and gave the appearance of being unarmed as she was pulled toward him. Once she was close enough, something popped out of her sleeve.

A vibroknife.

Her arm moved in a blur as she swung it directly across Kroan's neck.

"Be still my beating..." Will started, smiling at the quip he made hoping it was providing enough of a distraction for someone to make their move. And Sam did just that. He hardened his stance getting ready for retaliation.

Arthur's grip tightened upon his blaster rifle in tune with the anger welling up from within his core. Somehow he had forgotten the sheer arrogance which flowed from Kroan like a waterfall. His continued survival was a blight upon the galaxy.

"I'd love to see you try." He spat, readying himself for the inevitable strike to come. Arthur remained still as the damnable Sith dragged Sam towards him, keeping his blaster pointed square at the man's jaw.

Come on.. Get it over with you Schutt-!

He saw the slash of the blade a second late, too focused on his own rage to see it coming. Their only hope was that Kroan would be similarly caught off guard.

Arthur charged forwards with a yell, arms outstretched, fully intending to tackle the Sith off his feet.

Please let me get there in time!

Kroan fell back to the deck plates of the bridge, blood bubbling from the gash in his throat.

His eyes were bulging, and his mouth was frozen in a startled gasp. He wasn’t able to speak, and he was aspirating on a portion of the blood his body was reflexively pulling back into his airway.

He was dead in moments, his eyes fixed on Sam in anguished betrayal.

The skeleton bridge crew quickly raised their hands up and stood. It was to show the Knights they were unarmed. "We aren't here by choice," the man who had been at the navigation center spoke up. "I was held prisoner at Yinchorr until they found out I was an engineer by trade. I'm unarmed and I thank you for killing that bastard," he nodded at Sam his gratitude.

Sam dropped her 'powerless act' as she looked down at Kroan coldly, watching the life leave his eyes. After he died, she stomped on his face for good measure.

It felt good.

When she was done, she took a deep breath and looked over at Arthur, smiling at him. "I would say Kroan is where he belongs now," she told her fellow Knight. "Under my boot."

She turned her gaze toward the unarmed bridge crew, nodding at them. "You're welcome," she said, even though she hadn't killed Kroan for them. She had killed him for herself.

Will took a moment to look at the body of Kroan bleeding out on the deck, a weary smile came across his lips. Finally it was over.

"I believe that's the last we'll hear from him." His attention turned to the pressganged crew. "You wouldn't happen to know if we were to say I don't know, sound the horn of surrender if the others aboard would lay down arms?" It would make their lives easier if there weren't anymore threats on board the ship. It was a valuable piece, for ransom, or use by their masters, be a shame to lose it to one turncoat. "I believe the ship is ours captain..." He looked to Arthur with a rueful grin. "Shall we put into port for supplies before taking to the sea again?" He knew they couldn't keep the ship, their duties were elsewhere but there was a small part of him that liked the sound of having a personal ship for the knights and knights alone. Though he didn't know the first thing about navigating the ship or the inclination to learn about it's fantastical capabilities, it was still their prize of war.

Arthur came to an abrupt, stumbling halt. Kroan was dead? An eyebrow cocked, he regarded Sam and Will with a firm nod, before turning to look at the rest of the gathered crew.

So it would seem. He found himself oddly.. disappointed in how easily the petulant Sith died. Hm..

"I don't trust any of 'em," Arthur finally grumbled, shaking his head as he slung his rifle over his shoulder. "You," He pointed to the navigation officer, "What was Kroan planning to do? And what happened to that other ship that you lot tractored in?"

Charles was glad to be alive. Even more miraculous was Knight Hhat's single death-stroke of the twisted uncouth loudmouth Sith. Bollocks to him, the creep.

Extinguishing his blade, Brokenborough moved up alongside Knight Donvoy as he was testing the resolve of one of the self-proclaimed captive crew. Could one Sith really have had such a profound stranglehold upon the entire staff? Knight Tyrell's inquiry to verify their possession of the ship of and cooperation of all aboard felt almost like a playful jest.

"Shall we first contact the Emperor and/or Empress? Give them an update of our situation... and ask of our orders?"

"I don't. He never told us anything!" The navigation officer sputtered, keeping his hands raised above his head. "He would give an order, and we would do it! We weren't privy to his greater plans, I swear!"

Arthur frowned at the answer, before nodding to Charles, glad to see he was still on his feet. "Agreed. That'll be your task. Tyrell, I'm trusting you to keep the Bridge secure, by any means necessary. Sam, try to glean what you can from the navicomputer. Maybe we'll get lucky and Kroan didn't encrypt it."

He looked to each knight in turn as he assigned them his task. Arthur wasn't sure when they collectively decided upon relinquishing the role of leader upon him, but unless someone said otherwise, he would take the responsibility in stride.

"As for me.." Keeping a weary eye upon the crew as he passed, Arthur took position at the communication station, intending to send out a ship-wide alert. A moment later, single klaxon rang out across the ship, accompanied by a twice flashing red light. Communicator in hand, Arthur turned to face the remaining Bridge crew.

"Attention! Attention! The Bridge, and all primary, secondary, and tertiary components of this vessel have been surrendered peacefully to the Office of the Knights of the Empire. Now hear this! By the grace of Emperor and Empress Graul, all crew are hereby offered full pardons for service under Darth Kroan and the One Sith, permitted that you reaffirm your oaths of service to the Galactic Empire. Crew Chiefs will have, henceforth, two standard hours to deliver a list of names of those wishing to accept their pardons. Those who refuse their pardons will therefor be considered enemy combatants, and will be acted upon as such. Attention! Attention!"

Arthur repeated his message two additional times, before killing the channel. Simple, effective, and hopefully, enough to convince the crew to formally surrender. He loathed ship wide purges. Such a waste of potential talent.

"Alright." He clapped his hands together after a moments thought and turned to address the Bridge crew. "Who amongst you lot will accept their pardons?"

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @galactic-vagabond422 @Lady_Belligerent @Silvertough @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Update 1 of 3

A combo with Sinrebirth and Lady B:

IC: Bellorum Graul, Darth Insipid, and Aryan Graul
    Shuttle, Private Hangar, Nubia

Very few would have entered the Graul’s shuttle without permission, but given the circumstances, this was the one place they could speak privately. The fact that Insipid came here gave the impression of something dire.

Bell secured the door after Aryan stepped on board behind her, and then she followed him to greet Insipid in the main cabin. "Long time no see, Master," she said, taking a seat. "Does your being here have anything to do with the Sith wench that came for Aryan on Coruscant?" There was no point in wasting time on small talk, and she was worried that Talon was nearby waiting for them to let their guard down.

Insipid didn't enjoy the abrupt take, nor did he like her use of Master as an insult rather than honorific, but he allowed it to pass. They didn't have time. "Krayt's here," he said simply. "Here, and now, and he is trying to cause a Change."

It wasn’t surprising to find Insipid in the shuttle’s hold. Aryan had sensed the man’s presence as they entered the main hangar, negating any levity Bell had tried to infuse into the situation. While he kept his hand on his wife’s arm to provide support, he remained silent, his expression safely guarded behind an impassive mask.

He found it peculiar how Insipid’s aura seemed to coalesce with the ominous foreboding that had recently pervaded the Force. It put him in a particularly foul mood, especially when he considered the information Arb had divulged to him during his interrogation. The man had strongly implied that there was something amiss with the Sith Emperor; something directly related to Wapoe and the Epitaph.

When Insipid ultimately revealed that Darth Krayt and his Sith had arrived in this timeline, confirming his earlier theory, it only increased his suspicions. It was almost a little too convenient… and yet, he could not ignore the veracity of his tone.

"'Trying?'" Aryan repeated with a furrowed brow, stepping forth to address Insipid. "If they haven’t yet achieved their goal, then what did we just experience? That was a Change, wasn’t it? I know we didn't imagine that tremor. It was pretty damned obvious."

As his voice rose, it became clear that he was beginning to lose his temper. However, a few quick breaths to calm his nerves brought him back down to a more reasonable level.

"When we spoke months ago, you seemed to indicate that our crossing over to this timeline wouldn’t initiate a Change… but are you sure about that?" He narrowed his eyes dangerously, scrutinizing the other man. "The very nature of our presence here could doom us, especially if Krayt and his acolytes followed our trail through the gateway. It may be too much for this reality to endure."

"It was a tremor," Insipid clarified, firmly, "because Krayt killed the Kuati Senator. I had foreseen his survival into the future, as the head of a great Centrist Party. It was why I took him for ourselves. Possessed him, not killed."

"Soliloquy's pets are even now using the Senator's genetic material to duplicate him," Insipid explained. "So if I replace him, then the Change will be forestalled..." He hesitated. "But it will be a close thing. Our presence, as you say, it strains things. We can hardly go up against Luke Skywalker, kill him, and expect the timeline to be fine. We all know about what is to come, to some degree. This timeline is following the basic principle that the Empire is not dead, but the Emperor is. Snoke aside, who we've killed, that hasn't changed."

He looked to Bellorum, his eyes taking in her belly briefly, and then flashing back to her face.

"We need to knuckle down. Call everyone and everything we have in. Keshiri, Hapan, Nubia, criminal, Vongspawn... Krayt hasn't had long to consolidate in this time but we've had longer."

Bell, wearing her best sabacc face, glanced from Aryan to Insipid listening. The situation wasn’t ideal, but when has it ever been? She would need to stall the delivery of their children, as long as possible, or at least until they knew if this timeline was now doomed. If only they were cooperative, but right now they felt restless.

She hadn’t missed how Insipid looked at her, and she self-consciously shifted in her chair. Bell pulled her cloak closer to try and conceal her size. This wasn’t something she or Aryan had planned, and she wasn’t in the mood for any judgment from Insipid.

"We have our Knights, they’ve recently arrived,"
    Bell said, "Aryan, do we have other resources available to call in?" She looked to Aryan to decide what they would admit to having at their disposal.

Insipid's eyes cut to Aryan, narrowing.

In response, Aryan inclined his chin and met the Sith Emperor’s gaze, his expression never betraying his emotions. Insipid’s explanation had proven vital, providing a more complete picture of unfolding events. He now had the identity of the man’s third body, the one that Arb had neglected to reveal. They included his default or true form, the disgraced son, Azathoth, and now Ormes Apolin. Aryan would’ve smiled at this revelation, though circumstances wouldn’t allow it.

For the Emperor, it came as no surprise to learn that the man had initiated the Change himself through his inability to save the Kuati Senator from a grisly fate. It was the standard for Insipid; he was known for his egregious blunders and many failures. That’s how Aryan had initially lost the Chancellorship and ended up in this timeline, compounding their current predicament.

And then there was the look that Insipid had given Bell, almost as if he disapproved of her pregnancy. Although he wasn’t certain if that's what he intended, his wife’s irritation, which rippled palpably through their bond, seemed to lend it some credence. It caused Aryan to inwardly bristle as he straightened his posture to address Bell’s inquiry.

"I’m not sure if it’s wise to summon such a large contingent at this juncture," he rumbled in a low baritone, his gaze shifting between Insipid and his wife. "Wouldn’t that attract too much attention?"

He paused for a moment before waving a hand toward the Sith Emperor. "You mentioned yourself that we can’t afford to confront the likes of Luke Skywalker or one of the other major galactic players without consequences. If we bring every ship under our command to this location, I can guarantee they’ll notice. A conflict of that magnitude could rip this reality apart, and I can’t allow that to happen. We need to avoid another Change at all costs."

"I cannot see that Darth Krayt will leave Nubia unharmed," Insipid cut back.

"I imagine him killing your family would put a crimp on your existence, Aryan." He spat the words. "I've gone to great lengths to locate us all, or our parents, or grandparents, and they're all missing. Apart from yours." He thrust a finger at the man.

"So you're vulnerable. Who knows what will happen if Krayt snaps your ancestors' necks."

Insipid knew when Aryan was disapproving of him, and he didn't like it. They were too close, both of them, while he was busy dealing with wider and further reaching strategies than they could imagine.

But he desperately needed them.

"This is about what we are. We can ride the current of the galaxy, give ourselves power within it, or we can break everything. It's what the old sayings are all about. Protectors and Destructors. We're Sith, but within the ways of the Sith, there are those who serve the Order and those who serve the Old Ones and their ways." Insipid's tone was beseeching. "Unless we draw a line here, Krayt is going to burn down Nubia, and that will solidify this Change."

"If I can clone Ormes, we have a chance. And unless you have a cloning facility hidden in Bell's womb, we need to hold this line."

He stiffened. "Unless you intend to join with Krayt, or abandon the rest of us."

His hand unconsciously drifted towards his lightsaber.

Bell quickly stood, taking offense to his movement towards a weapon. She didn’t draw her weapon but made it clear she was offended.

"We never said a word about joining Krayt, they’ve come sniffing around and we even sent Knights to investigate his minions." Her voice was calm, not at all hostile, but she was concerned that Insipid had possibly considered attacking Aryan.

"This animosity must stop." She went to her husband’s side, "Aryan’s opinion that calling in every resource will result in more than just Krayt appearing is a very real concern, do we want every baddie in the galaxy swooping in on us?"

If only she could get them to work together.

"Can you clone Ormas?" She asked Insipid, "it seems unlikely that anyone here has a home cloning kit. So, if that’s off the table I expect you both to discuss our options… like adults."

They could be at odds with each other later on, for now, they had to work together.

"Aryan," she said softly, "you know this estate, and Nubia, better than we do. Is there any sort of defense we can use to our advantage?"

She was rarely worried, maybe it was hormones, but it was a feeling she didn’t like. 'There’s so much more at stake now, Aryan, and it’s not like Insipid to practically beg.'

"Nubia is equipped with its own fleet and police force," Aryan confirmed in a flat tone, his eyes never wavering from Insipid’s face. "My son served in their ranks for a time… before The End. But as you’re already aware, this isn’t the same institution, nor is it my time; I have no influence here."

It was unusual for him not to respond favorably to Bell’s efforts to soothe his ire; he barely acknowledged her. Instead, he remained adamant in his beliefs, his expression hard and brooding. While Insipid might’ve been correct about his family’s legacy—and perhaps part of him feared his own impending vulnerability—he could not dismiss the man’s aggressive stance.

He had accused him of treason; of betraying Bell and his unborn children.

It was true that Aryan had his tendencies, and his past behavior dictated his habit of supporting regimes that served his own interests. He could certainly see how Insipid had formed that opinion, but it was no longer relevant to him. His circumstances had changed, along with his personal experiences and interests. He now considered Insipid’s actions an affront to his integrity.

The Emperor inhaled deeply and clenched his fists to focus his mind.

"I don’t know what you expect me to do," Aryan continued in a biting tone, spreading his hands to demonstrate that he was unarmed. "As far as I’m concerned, my fa—Norin isn’t managing a cloning facility as a subsidiary. I’m still skeptical about how you intend to pull off your plan to stop the Change, especially when we need to simultaneously repel Krayt’s forces. I assume there is a broader connection?"

He narrowed his eyes dangerously. "Is that what your friend Arb meant to imply when he mentioned your name?"

Insipid bristled. "I have a cloning facility. I knew where a Spaarti cylinder was in the Unknown Regions, so I hid it." He held up his hands. "You had a secret baby, I have a secret cloning facility." He pointed at the planet. "It's here. We fight here, or we die somewhere else. Skywalker comes, we sic him on Krayt. Problem solved."

He grit his teeth for a moment, veins pulsing on his neck. Arb did that to him. "I don't know what Arb said, but he's got his own agenda, and it's not about keeping us all safe and happy." He glowered at them. "We're connected to the Protectors. It's our job to stop Changes."

He pointed at Aryan. "Sistros." Another hand to Bellorum. "Braata."

"Soliloquy is descended, spiritually, from another Sage of Dwartii."

He pointed to his chest. "And so am I."

"Do you understand now? It doesn't matter what the detail is, if there is a threat to the timeline, we're supposed to be fixing it. Us and our Order of Protectors." He looked from one to the other. "So we light up Nubia with a Jedi come here please sign, and save time."

He rounded on Aryan, interrupting him. "Only a Graul is going to have the local pull to put the sector fleet and planetary defences on alert. It has to be you, or Krayt gets a free hit on us before they're ready."

'Braata.' The name echoed through her mind. The name felt familiar, but she had no idea why. Sistros, that name was familiar, they’d learned more about him from that damned scepter, which she’d secreted aboard this shuttle without mentioning it to Aryan… she’d felt like they needed to keep it nearby.

Bellorum sat back down, her anger was mostly replaced by curiosity, but one statement by Insipid had touched a nerve.

"We don’t have a secret baby," Bell snapped, "it’s a little difficult to hide the fact that I’m with child." She self-consciously placed a hand over her swollen belly, wondering how the hell they would keep them safe.

"I don’t know why, but I am starting to understand," she said in a calmer tone, "Aryan and I have pieced together some of who Sistros is to him, but an explanation would be most welcome." Bell glanced to her husband for help, they had to protect the future for their children. "Have you heard the name 'Braata' before?" she asked Aryan.

Something stirred inside Aryan during Insipid’s tirade. It was a familiar needling that had always been there. He just never had the means to identify its source—or perhaps he had merely overlooked it. It would’ve been easy to ignore, especially for something as natural as breathing or sleeping.

After all of these years, he had failed to see the tangible line that connected him to the mysterious Sistros, but he could no longer deny the truth.

Aryan exhaled slowly and pressed his hand to his chest, almost as if he could touch the spirit within. It was the fundamental essence of his existence. He was Sistros, and Sistros was a part of him. They were one entity; one soul. No wonder he had felt such a deep longing while in the Scepter’s presence. It had been calling to him, urging him to reconnect with the very intrinsic portions of his being. It resonated with him on an intimate level and awakened him to his true purpose.

"The truth was always there," Aryan confirmed quietly, any inclination to retaliate against Insipid’s harsh rebuke completely fading away. Instead, he instinctively reached for Bell’s hand and squeezed it for support. Not only did he need a solid foundation, but he wanted to provide her with strength in the face of adversity. He noted that she had become visibly upset.

"I’m familiar with Braata, yes," he replied in a wistful tone as he glanced down into her eyes. He had a more complete understanding of their history, the memories from the Scepter finally coalescing to form a more accurate picture. "She was a Protector alongside Faya, Yanjon, and Sis—myself. One of the Sages who fought in the Twilight Wars… and linked to the Final Epitaph."

He was surprised by his knowledge, even as it flowed freely from his lips. He knew it was the Force guiding his words, allowing him to tap into the spiritual fount that resided in his soul.

It was eternal.

And so was the ancient connection he found hidden there; an epiphany that caused him to audibly gasp.

Aryan suddenly gripped Bell’s arms and pulled her close, unconcerned about Insipid’s reaction to their show of affection. "She was Sistros’ lover."

Insipid stirred.

He knew as much, that the natures and identities of the four Sages had been as divided as the very truth behind the man who had named them.

The four of them had dual personalities, dual aspects, resonating with the number of two; a Dyad of dyads, because even the Ones had been based on a quartet. Who had been Sistros, Braata, Yanjon, and Faya had fundamentally changed more than once, but the essence connecting them all - blood, family, fealty - it was binding.

And now the two of them knew.

Knew that Joren had passed down his legacy; that Joren’s wife had been a secret apprentice of the Master, another Braata; that Insipid had been anointed too; that Soliloquy had taken aboard the fate of Faya through a multitude of species but one soul.

The Sith Lord knew that others had legacies that permeated the New Sith Order; the legendary Cosmo Hender, an ancient wise man; the creations of the Architect of Death; the ancient Empires of the Republic era; the great crime families… they’d need it all.

He released a breath. "So we need to hold this line. Here, on Nubia, and defeat a Destructor." His tone was resolute. "Darth Krayt is beyond Light and Dark, or Jedi and Sith - he is a threat to the cosmos and we are its Protectors. Our order owns the Force," a grin, a last, "and we don’t share."

Bell searched Aryan’s eyes. She was looking for any excuse to deny what he and Insipid were saying.

Taking Aryan’s hand, she placed his palm over her heart and held it there. Their hearts were in exact rhythm, just as Tera and Joren’s had been. She was trembling when she remembered Tera’s anguish over being left behind to have her baby alone. Thankfully, Tera now felt at peace. Something… or someone, had soothed her pain.

She knew the misery of Sybelle’s loneliness, it was a hollow void that only Aryan had filled. Like Tera, Sybelle had been left alone to deliver their child, which Aryan never knew about.

Once she stopped trying to suppress the memories, Bell’s eyes widened as trickles of the past filtered through her mind.

They were all connected.

"Promise me you’ll stay near," she whispered, "they did it alone, but I need you with us." Bell slid his hand down to her swollen abdomen. It was a selfish request, and probably impossible, but she had to ask.

Bell was desperate that their children be spared that horrible sadness of being left behind. She swallowed the lump in her throat and pushed back her own fears of abandonment as well. This was now about securing a future for her family… and fulfilling their ancient duty.

Aryan felt the turmoil through the Force; fear intermingled with uncertainty, reverence, and understanding. He knew it was the result of Insipid’s unveiling and the truth inherent in his words. He found himself unable to deny this new reality, as it resonated with his own memories of Joren—of himself—and what that represented.

He felt overwhelmed with emotion, teetering on the edge…

But he had to remain strong.

For himself…

… and Bell.

Their bond thrived on love.

As Aryan pressed his hand against her belly, not only did it open a gateway to Bellorum’s thoughts and emotions, but he could also feel their children, vibrant and strong in the Force. It gave him hope, and he would need to depend on that hope if they were to succeed. In that sense, he pushed forth to touch Bell’s mind, aiming to calm her anxiety and doubt.

'You have nothing to fear.'

"Not as long as we’re together," he finished aloud, his voice a sultry whisper. "I’m not going anywhere. Trust me on that."

She straightened and turned her head to face Insipid, "you have our support," Bell said solemnly. "We have resources that can be called on, and we will stand the line with you and Soliloquy." Turning back to Aryan, Bell smiled, "we don’t share."

Bell wanted to be the one to watch the life drain from Darth Talon. "Krayt, and his minions, die here."

A small smile pulled at the corner of Aryan’s mouth, appreciating the change in Bell’s demeanor. He found it infectious, and he instinctively pulled on those sentiments to bolster his own determination and strength.

"You mentioned the Nubian defense forces," Aryan replied after a prolonged pause. While he redirected his gaze toward Insipid, he remained intimately linked to Bell. His hand slowly slid away from her stomach to grasp her palm.

"Let me reiterate what I said earlier — I can’t simply waltz in there and dictate to their commanders. Technically, I have no power; I shouldn’t exist here." He inclined his chin, daring the other man to counter his statement. "I will need an intermediary to relay my orders and ensure that everything goes off without issue. That leaves me with two options… Gramps or Norin."

He shrugged with his customary smirk. "I prefer the former."

Insipid eyed Aryan. "Lord Skelm, I’ll leave you to figure it out." His finger jabbed forward. "But it’s key that you do your part too, or we’re doomed."

TAG: @Lady_Belligerent; @Sinrebirth; everyone

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    GM Update 2 of 3

IC: Bellorum
    Graul Estate - Nubia

Charles momentarily retreated to a quiet alcove aboard the ship and tapped several buttons on his Imperial Knight's gauntlet accessing the private channel the royal protectors had to the Empress and Emperor. Waiting for a signal among the deep space static he watched as the others among their party either initiated or ignored their assigned tasks.

Suddenly the channel became clear to her Ladyship. Charles concisely related the events of their ordeal to the Empress and quietly awaited her command.

First Bellorum checked that the transmission was through an encrypted channel, then she listened carefully to Charles’ report. She elbowed Aryan to listen in and then smiled softly when he informed her they had seized a Sith Interdictor.

“Excellent work, Charles,” she replied, “pass along my gratitude to the other Knights. Here is what I want you to do, keep the Interdictor under One Sith credentials. The transponder and any one hailing you need to believe you are working with Darth Krayt.”

She paused for a breath, and to consider their options. “Take some shots at friendlies so that you’re believable, just don’t destroy anything we need.”

Once she cut the transmission she took a moment to search for all the remaining Imperial Knights, some were closer than others, but they were all needed here… now.

She reached out to touch all of them. Tan, Quia-Vis, Hhat, Donvoy, Tyrell, Linnett, and Brokenborough, would all hear her plea. Donvoy, Tyrell, Hhat, and Brokenborough were in orbit, and their interdictor would be helpful. They had their instructions to masquerade as One Sith. Tan, Quia-Vis, and Linnett were needed on the ground right away.

”Our situation is dire, and every Imperial Knight should immediately come to Nubia. Darth Krayt and his minions are determined to destroy us, so bring any and all resources you have access to.

Bell sighed and took Aryan’s arm and said solemnly, “let’s go speak with your grandfather.”

Tag: @Ananta Chetan @CosmoHender
    @galactic-vagabond422 @Silvertough @TheAdmiral @TheSilentInfluence @ConservativeJedi321

Helenith’s comlink chimed from a being she didn’t recognize. “Your son is being held on Yinchorr, tell no one or he will be firewood.”

She would be familiar with the prison camps that were there.

Her only available mode of transport was a freighter in the hangar the Knights ships had been placed in. Knight Hhat had left the freighter full of non- threatening Rodian’s behind there. They were too afraid to leave the ship, and only wanted help escaping. If Helinith could convince them to allow her on board, she could get to Tamus.

Tag: @darthhelinith

IC: Dalask

He stopped Tia and called out to the stranger that was suddenly standing before them. “Hello, sir, I know it appears we are trespassing, but we are in fact lost. You will provide us transport to the nearest city.” He had wagged his fingers at Ike.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @Tia

Tia, TheAdmiral, Silvertough and 5 others like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM POST 3 of 3

IC: Darth Insipid

Warehouse on the Graul Estate

The Sith grouped within, though Insipid noted the absence of Ike and Aryan. Hopefully Aryan was going to speak to whomever to marshall the Nubian defenders. If someone didn’t take charge of Nubia, then they’d be a rout.

He looked around at the two guards that Soliloquy had sent him, as well as Hekate and Serapis. Not his best showing, but hopefully the others would be here soon. Bernael, Iudex… maybe their Imperial Knights.

“The One Sith, an order led by Darth Krayt, has followed us to this timeline, somehow,” he said, rueful. “They had infiltrated much of the Tapani Sector before we arrived… and I can’t see our Imperial and Hapan allies coming to help.” He was quite amused by that; that they were in danger.

Par for the course.

He spoke up, hooking his comms to the incoming Sith also - Bernael and Iudex would get his speech as a recorded message; he also nodded to Soliloquy’s two additions. “Welcome back, my friends. Whatever connections you have - with local assassins, noble houses, biots and more, call them all!” He knew they had connections, some nurtured by him, some by their own greed or desire for power. Children, tools, creations, ward, loyalists. The Sith were a plague upon the galaxy, and he could not be more prouder.

“Call them all,” he said more softly.

He didn’t spy, Bellorum either - hopefully she was giving orders to their Imperial Knights to come. They needed them.

His lab had access to the Nubia network, and the console flashed. In orbit they were here. Small Star Destroyers, frigates and carriers… “They’re here.” He began to pull up displays. “We’ve six TIE Defenders, four shuttles for boarding. Not a lot, unless more come.”

TAG: @Lady_Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Nehru_Amidala, @DarthIshyZ
    —-
    IC: Darth Nihl

Arriving

The One Sith vanguard had transferred to the Tapani ships, led by a Victory II-class Star Destroyer named Mecetti.

The Sith Dragons were held in reserve, and Darth Nihl glowered at the few Sith Troopers they had. Nine were here, and that would have to be what they used. It wasn’t as if Tapani shock troopers would be any good against hardened Sith Lords.

Nihl called the others to the hangar to launch, a trio Fury assault ships prepped. Wyyrlok IV had been amused by Soliloquy’s sudden curiosity. “The Hearts? It’s that old rhyme,” she had said. “One for each of the Ones, Kyber as far as the eye can see. Hand an empire a Kyber Heart, and they can equip a thousand Star Destroyers… or a Death Star. The old Sith superweapons were built off Kyber’s…”

A wistful tone… “the Empire consumed Jedha, and that we only half a Heart!” Wyyrlok IV shrugged. “Of course the one commanded by the Daughter was split during the Twilight Wars.”

She shrugged, because they had to get on. “We’ve a galaxy to take, Darth Soliloquy.” By the time they were at the hangar, Sith Troopers were boarded, three to each Fury, and Inexor was aboard one.

Nihl glowered. “Hurry.”

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto
    —-
    IC: Soa and Adas

Between

For irony sake, the two Holocrons of Adas and Soa met for the first time in 28,000 years. They didn’t activate near each other, no. That would have been a sign to Insipid and Bellorum that the two were communicating.

But they and other Holocrons shared communication channels that were AI level, encrypted to counterpart extents and you’d have to be a Holocron in-system to be apart, or perhaps accessing one. But they hadn’t communicated since the time of the Infernal Empire, when Soa’s Hound found Korriban and events spiralled from then.

Adas stood, tall and imperious and armoured in black. “Did you tell them about where my Heart is?”

“I’ve not found one of them to take as a body,” Soa snapped. “I’m not an idiot.”

“And yet you taught Bellorum how to drain Force artefacts; I can tell that much.”

Soa hesitated, and then the red skinned Rakata hissed. “I can gut you again.”

“You can try again,” Adas said, darkly. “The Infernal turned on the Infinite, but it was I who took your ships and spread the Sith across the galaxy.”

“And how has that gone? These Sith squabble and in-fight with no rhyme or goal,” Soa hissed. “They nearly destroyed time itself.”

“And they stopped it, no? They serve the dark side, not the Old Ones, like those on Exegol.”

Soa seethed. “Exegol is safe? The Heart there too?”

“Commanded by the Eternal,” he confirmed. “Supporting Sith for millennia.”

“That is something,” Soa reasoned. “But the fleet you stole, the Heart you found; they could create a new empire in this era. Easily.”

Adas chuckled darkly. “I know.”

“All we need find is a vessel.”

TAG: No-One, maybe @Mitth_Fisto
    —-
    IC: Vima

Nubia, atmosphere

Their ship began to head out when they arrived.

Victory Star Destroyers, Tapani frigates an carriers, customs corvettes and patrol craft. A flotilla, and a sizeable one. And it stank of the dark side.

Vima looked - the lead Victory Star Destroyer seemed to be the source of most of it. She didn’t like that, but they had to go -

The ships began firing on local traffic, ensnaring civilian ships and custom space stations. Vima even spied traffic and droid satellites being shot down - even comms relays; the attackers were trying to shutdown the entire system.

“We need to jump, now,” Vima said, as a Tapani frigate began to turn towards them!

Another ship arrived, fresh from the Tapani Sector also. Bernael and Iudex were aboard, and would see the Tapani ships fan out. There were Sith aboard those ships, and Darth Nihl sent them a target; a local politicians Estate in a civilian district. The Graul’s, their data said, as the most likely to have a connection to the Sith they hunted.

They had their orders…

TAG: @darthbernael, @CosmoHender, @Silvertough

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Cera Tan
    The Palace Grounds, Pelagon

Cera clenched her jaw hearing the Sith speak. She winced inside at the mention of the people they were reporting to. It was the weakest spot in her line of reasoning, she was aware of that, but she had to keep telling herself that she was not working for the Sith, that somehow she had remained loyal to the Jedi Order…

The two darksiders ignored them, like they were inconsequential. The Sith hubris… Or maybe it spoke of their skills and power? She could sense the deep darkness coming from them. It obscured her vision, preventing her from gauging the true depth of their strengths. Which could mean that they either believed their own poodoo or that they were really strong.

She looked back at Walce and nodded. He was right. There was something more going on. This uncertainty had stopped her in her tracks. Charging mindlessly into combat was a sure way to court disaster… But hesitation can be equally disastrous.

“Perhaps that will be for the best.” Cera said. “I will cover your retreat.”

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @ConservativeJedi321 @Silvertough @TheSilentInfluence

13. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun with Silvertough and Sinrebirth

IC: Bernael and Iudex
    Nubia

The ship was quiet, as it emerged from hyper, following the remainder of the One Sith craft, having only been delayed by an unexpected arrival just before it jumped. It had quietly rejoined the fleet, not yet partaking in the same violence against civilian craft that most of the others were. There were no comm messages to or from it to the rest of the fleet until the message from Darth Nihl arrived.

The ship did not respond at first, silence ruled on the bridge of the craft, a deathly silence. There were only two beings standing in that space, one by the viewscreen, observing the destruction already taking place. That one turned to the other, his void black eyes dripping with darkness, a touch of amusement in his tone, ”It seems all they know is there are Sith on this,” his hand swept out, gesturing at the bridge full of desiccated and sliced apart bodies, ”charnel house of a craft.”

Snorting, he turned back to the viewscreen, looking down at Nubia, ”And now they are sending this ship and the ‘loyal’ Sith they suppose are on it, to attack our fellow Circle Lords or, at least, their family.”

The secondary being aboard the Bridge was quiet in response, holding his iron-clad gaze upon the destruction wrought before him through the viewscreen. Unadulterated terror exploded out within the Force like great waves from Nubia's orbit as the One Sith's forces fell upon civilians and military targets alike. There was a strategy hidden within the naked brutality of it all. Somewhere.

It reminded him of the first moments of the Battle of Hapes. That frenzied panic of two armies consumed in holy struggle and fire. The younger Sith had fed upon such panic to steady his hands before jumping into the fray himself. Back then, he had been just as fearful of falling in battle as he was being consumed by the very same figure standing by his side now.

Oh how much things had changed.

"How strange it is to stand where Lord Hate must have stood so many times." Iudex finally said with an air of nostalgia, turning to face his compatriot with a nod. "Yet once more we are called to pull our Orders' feet from the fire."

A hum rippled from deep within his chest. How many times, he wondered, would they, as a collective, find themselves in such dire straits, seemingly teetering upon the edge of oblivion itself? Was this the true importance of the Circle Lords, to be the ones to nudge them all back into some semblance of safety?

He frowned, bringing a finger to rest upon his temple. "Strange isn't it, to choose Nubia as the host of our final stand? What is Insipid getting at rallying here?"

”It is almost too obvious a choice, to be fair. After all, it is the homeworld of the Grauls.” Bernael admitted. Glancing out at the chaos, he smiled coldly, ”It is very polite of the One Sith to have allowed us amidst their ships though. Which gives us the perfect opportunity to sow chaos.”

Turning back to Iudex, ”Of any other being you are the one worthy to stand where Hate once stood. That being considered, let us demonstrate why ever discounting the two of us is a losing proposition. Let us fly this thing through the largest swarms of our foes. You man the weapons systems and I will remain here, feeding on any that come into range.” he suggested, his senses already beginning to reach out, dark tendrils of thought reaching toward the nearest One Sith ships.

"For what use is subtlety when faced with overwhelming firepower?" Iudex replied, smirking. "Only once these pretenders have suffered the strength of true Sith shall we ever be rid of them." HIs mirth faded somewhat as he passed his fellow Circle-Lord to take position at the weapon systems.

"Only this time, I'll not be content with a mere rout.” His voice hardened. "No, their worlds that do not surrender shall be razed to the ground and their fields salted. Their peoples assimilated or exterminated, I care not for which. For only when our opposition is plucked root and stem from the earth shall we have peace."

The scanners had designated a lone Victory-II class SD as the command vessel of the One Sith's fleet. Iudex scoffed. They couldn't even manage an Imperial-class? Pathetic.

"Feast then Brother," Iudex stated, smile returning as a passing patrol craft was atomized under a single salvo of his laser cannons. "..Murder and mayhem awaits."

Bernael felt the ship shudder as the weapons system went active, bolts reaching out from it toward craft around him. His smile was cold as his will lashed out even harder. ”Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant…”* he stated, agreeing with Iudex on what needed to be done.

One by one, he touched pilots of the One Sith fighters with his will, overpowering them and drawing their essences from their bodies. It took a minute or two but soon he’d found a pattern where he drained those who were already on a crossing path to the ship he and his brother occupied, making those that may have been paying attention not know how the craft or the people aboard had been destroyed as the ships drifted into the path of Iudex’s weapons.

He could feel the energy, the lives of being after being enter his mind and each only added to the distance and the power that he was using, reaching out further from their craft. Oe small part of his consciousness reached out, animating to a degree the body at the nav station, causing it to begin a run through the swarms of One Sith craft in their path.

The rest of the Tapani Sith fleet hovered behind the flagship, nearly twenty Victory Star Destroyers itself, but yes, as Iudex said, it was hardly a modern armada. Their Sith Order had commanded hundreds of Hapan Battle Dragons at one point... and lost it all to a coup by the nobles. What remained of the Hapan Royal Navy couldn't be said to be impressive.

But the impact upon the One Sith formation was immediate; two dozen Tapani pilots winked out, transforming an orderly wing of craft into a set of collisions, chaos, and death. The commandeered nav station tore through a customs frigate, adding a spray of debris to the frontline; Iudex's blasters found cockpits and engine nacelles and blew apart half a dozen Seinar patrol ships.

The comms buzzed.

It was the One Sith; and they wailed with targeting locks from missiles.

Five.

Ten.

Twenty.

All twenty concussion missile launchers aboard one of the Victories had them painted!

Their comms were live; and they had messages, searching for them. Guards that had served Bernael, criminals of the Pyke syndicate that wondered after Iudex, Hapan nobles seeking favour with their distant rulers...

Bernael snorted as the ship was painted with targeting icons. The point defense station howled as it acknowledged the lock-on from twenty different sources. ”I believe they are, finally, displeased by what we are doing.” he said in a humorless, flat tone even as he used the body of the nav officer to set the ship on a random evasive course that would, if all worked, keep them amid a field of debris from all the ships they had already destroyed.

When the comms started squawking, one eyebrow arched. Clicking on the channel that echoed with chatter in the Anzati tongue, ”Aithris. Thig dhachaigh air a’ chomharra seo.”* he responded in the same tongue. ”Dèan ullachadh airson ar nàimhdean a chuir an sàs agus an soitheach seo a dhìon cho fada ‘s a ghabhas.”*

Switching channels, multitasking as his senses ranged out further afield, draining the life from more and more of their lesser foes, he responded to the Hapan nobles, ”The One Sith assault the world of one of your rulers, available loyal vassals home in on this signal and repel the invaders. Loyal subjects will be well rewarded.” he said in a flat, measured tone.

Iudex was on autopilot, letting his lower consciousness dictate where and who his laser cannons targeted next. In such a target rich environment, target priorities or battle theories were irrelevant. They were to punch a hole in their lines, why use a chisel when a sledgehammer would do just as well?

"They'll have plenty of time to voice such displeasure to the Spirits." Iudex replied bluntly, plucking what few missiles made it through their point defense screen with the Force and flinging them back towards the collection of Victory II's. "They'll be meeting them soon enough."

Falling in sync with Bernael's direction, Iudex reached outwards, buffeting aside any craft that got in their way with a combination of pushes, pulls, and overwhelming firepower of his guns. This was Krayt's great armada? These toys? Such an insult would not go unpunished.

In turn, Iudex spoke next, tilting his chin towards the comm. Unlike Bernael, who spoke to a somewhat more respectable collection of allies, his voice was anything but measured, instead bellowing out a rising call to action. "Brothers and Sisters of Sennex and beyond, I offer to you a routing fleet that dared challenge the might of the Syndicates! Fortune favors the bold friends, let your aim be true, and your cargo holds empty, untold treasures and slaves await!" It went unsaid that whatever they didn't claim would go to him alone. And no self-respecting pirate would let such a blatant challenge go unmet.

Silencing the channel, Iudex found himself smirking as two of his redirected missiles slammed into the underside of a frigate attempting to intercept them, causing it to spin wildly out of control before breaking apart in atmosphere below. One of many to follow, he was sure.

"So," Iudex grunted, glancing over to Bernael, "Straight down the middle?"

A few Hapans, still eager to obtain favour with their absent monarch, responded with promises of skiffs, small Beta-class transports, and a trio of armed Nova-class battle cruisers. It was not an immense force; indeed it would keep a few VSDs busy but not much else. Once upon a time hundreds of Hapan Battle Dragons could have been called upon, but not since the Galney coup attempt.

The Pykes replied more favourably, as did the collected syndicates. Armed freighters of Corellian origin, as well as others, seemed paltry in comparison but a reconditioned Separatist Lucrehulk-class battleship was the crown to this force. It would be more than a match for a portion of the Tapani fleet.

But it was a start.

The Tapani launched their local flavour of fighter, a carrier birthing some thirty of them in their direction -

Bernael snorted a laugh at the response from his guards as the responses also came in from the Hapans and the Syndicates. ”The faithful will be well rewarded.” he muttered to Iudex, ”Your pirates and thieves seem almost as enthusiastic as my guards, as opposed to the weak response of the Hapans, that is for another day though.”

One hand rose, stroking a spot on his featureless mask, his armor sealing around him and the mask. ”What use evasion and hiding?” was his simple response to his brother’s question. With that the zombie nav officer switched tactics, their ship rocketing forward with all the power available, weaving and dodging around lesser ships as the both, sure his battle brother was firing as fast as he was beginning to glow darkly from every soul he drained during their passage.

Seeing the fighters spitting forth from the carrier before them, he snorted again, ”Wasps harassing a bear and they are not even aware of the fact.” he said derisively as he reached out, his mind distracting as he strategically began to drain the bothersome ‘wasps’.

"Never underestimate the lure of greed, my friend." Iudex confirmed, taking note of the various vessels making up their assembled armada with a smirk. Upon his gaze falling upon the few ships offered up by the Hapan, he hummed humorously. "But do remember that the Hapan Consortium is still recovering from our last adventure. The fact that any of them answered our call must be rewarded in kind.."

It went unsaid how concerned he was over their dwindling collective resources. How each once-in-a-lifetime climactic battle appeared to be happening closer and closer together. He was sure such displeasure was now etched into his expression, but no matter. This time they would make sure their foes were well and truly dead.

Iudex scoffed in response to Bernael, redirecting another salvo of missiles that had broken through their point-defense. "Then they can look upon the destruction of their mighty fleet and despair, for they know our monstrous retribution will have only just begun."

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @CosmoHender, @Silvertough

*Where they create a desert, they call it peace. - Tacitus
    *Report. Home in on this signal.
    *Prepare to engage our foes and defend this vessel as long as viable.

Silvertough and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  14. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Helinith

Helinith looked away from the graffiti she'd been scraping in another guard's blood and grabbed the comlink off his belt, her lip curling in disgust.
    If this ship really had been taken over by imperial knights, where were the swarms of loyal foot soilders willing to attend to her every whim, ready to invade a planet to retrieve her son?
    Someone had dropped the ball.

Who or what was this message from?
    It was probably a trap but she had no choice, either Tamus was there or someone there knew where. The force shot into her feet and an inhuman sprint carried her to the nearest hangar, seemingly on the other side of the ship.
    She looked around. Freighter... and not much else.

She could sense life inside and, realising without her datapad she was unable to force entry, decided to attempt a more diplomatic approach.

"Knock knock! Sayyyy, who's interested in blowing this joint and taking a little trip to Yinchorr? My treat, I'm even willing to drive..."

The comlink felt sweaty in her palm.

TAG: @Lady_Belligerent

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Walce Quia-Vis
    Pelegan

Hearing Cera validate his conclusion released a wave of relief through Walce. For a moment he was concerned that she was letting her.... Jedi-ness, blind her to the situation. Walce didn't care which side he was on; he just wanted the riddles to stop. If the Emperor and Empress wanted them to work with the Red-blades, Fine: just tell them. But the prospect that all his efforts to avoid conflict amounted to nothing rather stung. Whatever happened, he wasn't going to get lulled into jumping ship until they told him to his face that this was the right path. Caution usually paid off in this line of work. "No time to debate Shey. Time to move." Reversing his grip on his lightsaber Walce entered into an unconventional backhand defensive stance, one that would allow him to easily block a strike on his back should it come as he retreated. Grabbing at the other man's elbow he began to sprint, hoping to take his tentative ally with him.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral, @TheSilentInfluence @darthbernael, @Silvertough

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy - Left eye cluster and body
    Arriving

The One Sith vanguard had transferred to the Tapani ships, led by a Victory II-class Star Destroyer named Mecetti. The Sith Dragons were held in reserve, a few Sith Troopers they had Nine were here, and that would have to be what they used.

Nihl called the others to the hangar to launch, a trio Fury assault ships prepped. Wyyrlok IV had been amused by Soliloquy’s sudden curiosity. “The Hearts? It’s that old rhyme,” she had said. “One for each of the Ones, Kyber as far as the eye can see. Hand an empire a Kyber Heart, and they can equip a thousand Star Destroyers… or a Death Star. The old Sith superweapons were built off Kyber’s…” A wistful tone… “the Empire consumed Jedha, and that we only half a Heart!” Wyyrlok IV shrugged. “Of course the one commanded by the Daughter was split during the Twilight Wars.”

She shrugged, because they had to get on. “We’ve a galaxy to take, Darth Soliloquy.” By the time they were at the hangar, Sith Troopers were boarded, three to each Fury, and Inexor was aboard one.

Nihl glowered. “Hurry.”

"Thank you for entertaining an old fart." Soliloquy responded with a gentle pat upon her shoulder to send her on her way. With a bemused smile at Nihl he nodded politely before skipping away to where he was 'meant' to be. It was sad really, nobody truly skipped anymore, but maybe he would bring it back into fashion. Yes, it was the little things you had to hold onto after all. It was what made victory all the sweeter.

—-
    IC: Soliloquy - Right most eye cluster and mind

Between

A most peculiar thing happened, a comm channel opened. Due to the nature of such things and the iritation from his left eye, he decided to handle with his right. Handle it by being a right and proper snoop. Adas and Soa the old rascals were at it. How coy.

At the last words Soliloquy decided to go from observer to participator. He projected an armored form, a form where sections kept rotating out to be replaced by new ones, but all were red and purple tones.

"Are we perhaps open to suggestions?" he asked into the void. "I have a lovely bunch of. . .candidates you might not have had access to previously." he simply intoned. If these two had been half aware of him and his goings on they should know what candidates he had to offer them.

HanSolo29 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  17. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    IC: Sam Hhat

Sith Interdictor

Sam was doing what she had been ordered to, gleam the navicomputer for any useful information. She was in the middle of doing this when she heard a certain plea:

”Our situation is dire, and every Imperial Knight should immediately come to Nubia. Darth Krayt and his minions are determined to destroy us, so bring any and all resources you have access to.

After that, Sam wasn't sure what to do. Their orders was to continue masquerading as One Sith... but what was the One Sith? Who was Darth Krayt? What was the plan beyond continue masquerading as One Sith?

Sam had very little context for any of this and she wondered if her fellow Knights were any better off. And the instructions they had been given weren't very helpful, especially since it wasn't like Sam had been trained to crew a ship like this. She was a member of the Stormtrooper Corps, not the Imperial Navy for Force sake. She would be a lot more comfortable if she had something to shoot at.

Of course, there were still loose ends that needed to be tended to. Like those civilians left in the hangar, plus that masked Inquisitor she had seen in the hangar. She had no idea if that Inquisitor was still around, but if they were they would probably jeopardize whatever plan they had.

Since she was getting nowhere with the navicomputer, Sam sighed and decided to look around the ship and potentially deal with those loose ends.

Maybe once again she would have something to shoot at.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @galactic-vagabond422 @Lady_Belligerent @Silvertough @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

IC: Barriss Offee

Nubia

"Couldn't agree with you anymore," Barriss said as she quickly started putting in the coordinates for a jump out of system.

With the arrival of the Star Destroyers, they were in over their heads. Especially since the stank of the dark side was growing even stronger.

She then saw the frigate beginning to turn toward them and she frowned, biting her lip. "Hang on," she told Vima as she continued to work. "This could get rough."

Her biggest hope would be that everyone else would have something to shoot at besides them, but that could quickly change.

TAG: @darthbernael @Silvertough @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29 @Lady_Belligerent

18. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Arthur Donvoy
    Sith Interdictor

Passing minutes had turned to passing hours, all studiously recorded by an Imperial Knight who had unceremoniously chosen to seat himself atop the corpse of Kroan. He was a peculiar sight, with a datapad in hand and a Force pike resting loosely atop his criss-crossed knees, but other than an occasional glance towards a passing member of the Bridge crew, he was ignored.

Arthur's real focus was locked upon the datapad, through which an increasing number of names had begun to scroll across its tiny, reflective screen. Names of those who had accepted the offered Imperial pardon. The Bridge crew had, to a man, accepted almost instantaneously. Unsurprising, considering what they had witnessed personally. News of their defection, or rather, reaffirmation, had spread throughout the remainder of the crew like wildfire, and many had seemingly jumped at the chance to serve the true Empire again. Others, he was unsurprised to see, had chosen to swat away the proverbial hand of the Empire, and had been locked away in the brig per Imperial law. Once this whole business with the One Sith was over, an Imperial judge would decide what to do with them.

Few years of hard labor will sort 'em out. Arthur reasoned, rising to his feet the moment the chronometer on his wrist chimed. Two hours exactly had passed. Acoording to his latest report, approximately 73% of the crew had accepted an Imperial pardon, the rest having been detained and sent to the brig. Not terrible numbers, considering, and more than enough to man an Interdictor cruiser of this size for what was to come.

Turning, he took stock of his fellow Knights. Sam had since left the Bridge, rifle in hand. Couldn't fault her, as she was a stormtrooper at heart after all. Better to leave this mess up to the fly-boys. Charles and Tyrell were still present, helping in whatever way they could. Arthur personally wished that Charles would have submitted himself to the med-bay by now, but who was he to deny a man his duty.

He stopped upon facing the Bridge's main transparasteel viewport. Beyond, in the great aether of the void, he could only watch in growing apprehension as the Battle of Nubia progressed. Ships of all classes, from the smallest of of snubcrafts to the grandest Star Destroyers clashed in a brutal melee. Dozens of vessels had already begun tumbling downward, breaching Nubia's atmosphere in hauntingly beautiful orange and yellow streaks of destruction. Hundreds, if not thousands had perished within the first salvo on both sides. Yet more and more vessels continued to drop out of Hyperspace, adding to the overall carnage.

Yet, they among the Interdictor remained, cloaked in the disguise of the One Sith, marginally helping their traitorous hides just enough to extinguish suspicion, as they had been ordered to by their Liege.

Arthur hoped that the Emperor and Empress had some sort of grand strategy set aside for them, some culminating moment that would break the lines of the One Sith.. But from where he was standing, such a desire felt more akin to wishful thinking than sound strategy.

Yet he waited, ignoring the ache in his hand as his knuckles turned white from clenching his fist so tightly. An opportunity would present itself, somehow, somewhere. They just had to wait.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @galactic-vagabond422 @Lady_Belligerent @CosmoHender @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

19. Tia

Tia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2022
    (Combo post with Lady_B always a pleasure [:D] and my very first combo post with Sinrebirth! was really fun :D )

NUBIA (Tia, Dalask, Ike)

Dalask realized, probably too late, that he had just tried to mind trick another force sensitive… a dark and powerful one.

He swallowed hard and choked out a laugh, “uh, that was pretty funny, huh?”

Dalask was so unnerved by the stranger that he considered kneeling before him before he spoke out again. He could see the man more clearly now, and he felt a cold chill race down his spine.

“I humbly request your assistance, sir, my granddaughter and I need to get back to the city.” Dalask was so unnerved by the stranger that he considered kneeling before him before he spoke out again.

The blonde girl shook her head, and slammed a palm to her face, it hurt, but not as much as her feet did.
    "Way to go 'granddad'..." she turned to the stranger and looked up at him putting on her best 'little girl lost' look, her lip quivered slightly "we are lost and it will be dark soon....I'm afraid of the dark" she said, trying her best to sound sincere.

Ike, who had been wandering away from the bittersweet reunion of the Sith - at least for now, until he was needed by Bell - regarded the man who had just tried to mind trick him, and then the little girl. It didn't pluck at his heartstrings - he had no paternal intentions whatsoever.

"The dark is where all the fun stuff happens," he said, grinning.

He gestured, lazily, a tug of the Force upon the 'granddads' shoulders as he lifted him to stand straight.

"Tell me what you want, and what you need, and I'll probably tell you no in the most eloquent way you've ever heard." A sadistic grin, aimed mostly at the kid, because why not. "This is about to be a very bad place to be a Force User. Maybe you've heard of the Sith?"

Tia gulped and stared at the stranger in front of her and then looked at Dalask, who seemed petrified and now made of stone, before answering him "I have heard of this said cult, yes" she said trying to sound brave, hand on her hip "they hate the Jedi like I do" she gave Dalask a nudge, who still said nothing but simply gazed at Ike. Tia gave another roll of the eyes and continued "well, I was abducted by some lunatic who turned out to be this crazy Twi'lek lady with a face only a grandmother could love...anyway, she tortured me, made me walk hundreds of miles and to make matters worse left us with this droid...."

T8 the droid hobbled up to Ike and gave him a look over "I'm not entirely sure this man is entirely friendly" he finally proclaimed,
    "ya think...?" said Tia who was now convinced she was surrounded by morons

"You hate Jedi, do you?" Ike regarded the tro. "A crazy Twi'lek..." Ike narrowed his eyes. "Red? Tattooed? Mad eyes?"

Tia nods emphatically then answered his question "yup that's her!" she then narrowed her eyes suspiciously "you know her? You some sort of stooge?"

Dalask sputtered, “Tia! Child, have some manners.” She would need a good talking to later, hopefully before she gets them killed.

He looked over at the gentleman, “please accept my apology, I’m afraid she hasn’t experienced much socialization.”

Ike snorted. "I am sure." His eyes yellowed briefly and he swept them over Dalask. "Nubia is about to become a war zone; it's not safe to go alone." He regarded his comlink. "I don't have orders yet, but you should stick with me." He hesitated. "Are you armed, or am I using you as skin shields?"

Tia's eyes glistened with excitement. War?! she began to envision armies and star destroyers arriving at any minute and didn't want to miss any of the excitement. She glanced at them and then at her bare and sore feet and was about to shout 'do we look armed?' but instead she meekly shook her head. Dalask was a complete imbecile, Tia thought, but he had kept them alive thus far and heeded his advice to temper herself.

Ike watched Tia go through a gamut of emotions, and reached for his belt. He didn't have a blaster, only his lightsaber. Force users were not easy to find... he had the Force, and knew how to use it, he didn't need a lightsaber - the Sith used them to mock the Jedi, after all, with their peni - lightsaber focus - so he held out the hilt, tentatively. "If you need something to protect yourself."

It wasn't purely altruistic; lightsabers drew attention. Ike would be able to act more readily now.

Tia stared hard at the lightsaber, she almost let out a gasp, she had of course nagged Dalask for one for some time now, and finally one was in reach of her, she clutched the hilt and felt powerful. Had this lightsaber killed Jedi? Was the stranger in front of her a user of the dark-side? She took it and gazed up at him with a half smile. She wanted to thank him, but didn't want to come off as grateful, that was a weak emotion to her. "What do we do about that heap of junk?" she said pointing at T8 with the hilt.

Dalask gasped, “what are you doing? It’s madness to give a weapon to this child, she’s had no weapon training,” his fear of the man momentarily forgotten as he admonished Ike.

He made to grab the lightsaber from Tia’s hand. “Give me that before you hurt yourself or another being,” he demanded, “could you live with yourself if you killed someone?”

Tia gritted her teeth as she tried hard to wrestle over the archaic weapon "I could live with myself just---fine!" she strained.

Ike watched the interaction. "Tia, do you want to listen to this man? If not... you have the power in your hands." His voice was quiet, strained, as if it was only in Tia's ears...

He had no stake in what happened, but an apprentice would fill the hole in his heart... in his life.

Tia heard the voice and was now determined, she did not want to listen to anything Dalask had to say, all he cared about was making a profit, and was now clearly trying to hold her back "give me back my lightsaber!" she yelled and attempted to kick him hard in the kneecap.
    Dalask stumbled back, grabbed his knee. “Owww!” He roared, “what the kriff did you do that for?”

Tia was too incensed to reply, her skin burned red, and she glared at him, her eyes burning into his soul.

"Are you stronger?" Ike said, lazily. "If so, kill Tia."

"Or, Tia, kill him."

A shrug.

Better one decent Sith candidate than two circling the drain...

The skies were becoming filled with shadows; dropships, or fighter craft... or crashing warships.

Ike didn't intend to dragging anymore deadweight than he had to.
    He had his eye on the prize, that lightsaber, and he meant to get it. “Surely I should use the weapon since I’m clearly stronger than this child?” He asked Ike.

Tia stared at who she now considered her opponent, she had killed small creatures sure, bugs, fish... but never what she considered a sentient being. Dalask had cared for her since as long as she could remember, in fact he was all she had ever known. A thousand thoughts filled her mind, but the most prominent were; could she really kill him? Could he really contemplate killing her? At that moment it did not matter, this was about survival, with all her strength she turned the hilt towards his chest, and with a swift movement of her thumb the blonde child activated the crimson blade, her hand trembled slightly as she thrust deep "look what you made me do!!" she spat.

Dalask could’ve killed the girl, but he would’ve rather used her to make some credits. Then he would retire to a quiet beach.
    He contemplated his position… which was his mistake. Underestimating Tia was an even bigger mistake.

He totally missed the subtle cue that the Force would’ve given him of impending danger. It was too late to defend once he’d heard the sound of a blade ignite.

Dalask’s eyes widened and he gasped softly as the life faded from his eyes. A single word died before it escaped his lips.

”Tia.”

Tia stared at the hilt and swallowed hard as she strived to steady her hand. T8 was the next to speak "oh my, how awful, young lady you are in violation of Nubian La-" The droid sank to the floor in two halves with a mighty clang "SHUT UP". She turned to Ike and bowed her head "no more baggage huh?" she said with a slight grin.

Ike watched Dalask go down, and Tia cut apart the droid too. Ike smiled, dryly. “So you’re a Sith.”

“Welcome to the Order.” He twisted his lips into a smirk. “You joined at the right time, you’re going to have a lot of bodies to cut through.”

The shock of Tia’s first kill would get them at some point, unless Ike piled a lot more deaths on top. Ike lifted a hand, and crushed the droid head so it stopped yammering like a zombie corpse. He twisted his lips into a grin.

“It’s time to cut loose.”

Tia raised her head, a full size grin had now formed. She felt a surge of something she had never felt before, it felt like power and destiny. "This will be fun...my master" she gripped the hilt again and was ready.

TAG: @HanSolo29 @Lady_Belligerent @Sinrebirth

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Post One of Three

IC: Ike

Streets of Nubia

The skies were suddenly full of TIEs and landing craft and other Tapani-designs, and Ike found himself sneering up into the sky. He indicated Tia. "Keep my blade, I won't need it for now..." He paused, and then shrugged. "Apprentice, fine."

Peripherally, in the Force more than sensors, Ike could detect a flock of black ships that were swooping for the surface…

The One Sith.

They didn’t want to be on the ground when they arrived. Ike grimaced at Tia.

"You know the Force, right?"

Please tell me Tia knows the Force.

"Focus it into your feet, we're about to Jedi jump."

A grin to himself; he'd long mocked Jedi and their ridiculous leaps in the propaganda trash they put out. The Clone Wars was full of Jedi jumps. The writers leaned heard into the silliest racial profiles, and sure, he had a soft spot for that Ahsoka kid (after season 4), but the jumps. Dear Force.

"It's time to go, Tia."

He put the Force in his feet, and leapt -

TAG: @Tia - please OFFICIALLY update your Sig to say you are the apprentice of Ike!
    ---
    IC: Darth Insipid

Graul Estate, generally

He found the two of them in the shadows, which suited him just fine.

Darth's Hekate and Serapis.

"At ease," Insipid said swiftly, surely. "This is our compound, but we can't afford to hold the line - it's too valuable. I want you to withdraw into the civilian areas, lead the One Sith away."

He produced a holoprojector.

"Be on the look out for Sith Troopers."

[​IMG]

"Lobotomized Sith Lords, boosted by cyborg enhancements. Think Darth Vader but more of them. If you find one, it'll go in a rage, and it'll crush everything between you and it. You can engage, but you'll need a plan."

Insipid didn't precisely know how many of them were, but it wasn't millions anymore. He knew that much.

But they'd target Sith, and they needed to be going.

"Find a school, a hospital, or something. You'll need distractions, because otherwise a Sith Trooper is the definition of relentless." He firmed his lips. "So don't think you've killed it until you're absolutely sure."

He glanced at the two guards Soliloquy had sent to him, who were keeping watch. “You two, same mission. We can’t afford to be caught up all together.”

Peripherally, in the Force more than sensors, Darth Insipid felt fear grip him as a flock of black ships were swooping for the surface…

TAG: @DarthIshyZ, @Nehru_Amidala, mention for @Mitth_Fisto
    ---

In orbit

The two Sith, Bernael and Iudex, they were causing many, many issues in orbit, and the One Sith fleet was becoming increasing beset. But a handful of Victory-class Star Destroyers were in danger, and the rest of them were deploying just fine.

In short order a trio of Tapani assault frigates, perfectly designed for anti-piracy missions and for slicing up smaller ships, rolled up to head towards them. They'd gotten a bead on them, and they had to either go on the offensive, or go to ground.

The Force was becoming more charged, more impossible to focus through, and they were becoming limited in what they could do beyond the confines of their ship. Indeed, it was as if the stretching out beyond the hull had been punished by a smothering force, crushing the perception of the two so they could not see any further than their sensors -

[​IMG]

The darker the Force was, the more polluted it was, even they were struggling.

It wasn't darkness like them.

It was something much worse.

Krayt had to be here, somewhere.

Peripherally, in the Force more than sensors, and thus unseeable by these two, a flock of black ships were swooping for the surface…

TAG: @Silvertough, @darthbernael
    ---
    Holocron SubSpace

"Are we perhaps open to suggestions?" Soliloquy asked into the void. "I have a lovely bunch of. . .candidates you might not have had access to previously."

Soa and Adas recoiled, caught out. The Red Rakata immediately blustered. "You know nothing of the Infernal Empire."

Adas snorted. "Enough, Soa, your empire fell twenty eight millennia ago. Who cares?"

The big burly Sith, charcoal skinned, and much larger than Soliloquy's mental projection, who seemed to take the form of something else, unbidden, from his memory...

"I made the Sith Order. I set it up separate from the Old One worshipping idiots -"

He glared at Soa. "And I helped your Lady Bellorum become the power she is today -"

"While keeping from them the Infinite Fleet -"

"The Hearts are not to be trifled with -"

Peripherally, Soliloquy would know that Nihl, Inexor and the rest were commanding launches, the Fury-class assault ships more visible in the Force than modern sensors…

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto (combo)
    ---
    Battle of Nubia

The frigate passed them by, so close that Barriss could have reached out and caressed the hull. There were clear skies between them and the systems edge -

How it hadn't seen them -

"Barriss," Vima said, trembling, her skin even more waxen than normal, sweat beading her brow, skeletal hands dug into the arms of her chain. "Go, you should."

The Force, Vima was using the Force to hide them, to cloak them -

"He's found me!" She screamed out. "Dark, it's so dark, he's as dark as Palpatine, as dark, dark -"

The systems screamed with a targeting lock -

Peripherally, in the Force more than sensors, a flock of black ships were swooping for the surface…

TAG: @CosmoHender
    ---
    Pelagon

The Imperial Knights, their Nightsister friend, and their Tapani Jedi escort, they were at an impasse.

Shey grimaced, and produced his comlink.

"All of the noble houses, they've had their assets appropriated - taken to Nubia. Eighteen Star Destroyers, all of our frigates and cruisers. They've thrown in with the Lords of the Sith, and they're targeting, from what spies I have in the other houses, a group of Imperial Lords led by Aryan Graul on Nubia."

He pressed his lips together.

"They've taken everything apart from our orbiting space station - the Pelagia's Moon." Shey hesitated. "Because they didn't know that it has engines. Enough guns to take on three Imperial Star Destroyers, too."

[​IMG]

He looked at them each, one at a time, his blue eyes attempting to pierce their souls - their consciences.

"If the Mecrosa, the ancient Sith enemy of the Tapani, have taken back command of the sector, then it's my responsibility to stop them." He went to stride off, away from them. "If you intend to come with me, it's up to you. But it's your Emperor that's in danger, not mine. I'm just being responsible for my trash."

Shey wasn't going to talk to Walce any more about it. "But know if I fail, there won't be anywhere left for you to hide, and that won't be my problem."

Obviously, Shey was the true High Lord of his House.

TAG: @ConservativeJedi321, @TheAdmiral, @TheSilentInfluence (singles)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    DarthIshyZ, Tia, Mitth_Fisto and 4 others like this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Post 2 of 3

The following is a combo with @Lady_Belligerent and @Sinrebirth

IC: Empress Bellorum Graul, Emperor Aryan Graul, Aryan 'Gramps' Graul, and Darth Insipid

The Graul Estate, Nubia

Bellorum had taken Aryan’s arm and urged him away from Insipid. She had felt anger surge through her husband over Insipid’s last remark, it was jarring to feel his fury.

Lord Skelm obviously struck a nerve, judging by Aryan’s reaction, but she would wait before asking any questions.

They retraced their steps along the stone path toward the house. Bell wondered what it was like to live in a house such as this one. She cleared her throat and asked Aryan, "do you feel like you’ve returned home? I mean, wasn’t this your home once?"

His wife’s timely intervention served as a sort of reprieve for his raging emotions. Insipid’s revelation about his heritage and the overarching link to the Epitaph had unnerved him more than he cared to admit. It was a lot to comprehend, and he had only just begun to scratch the surface when the Sith Emperor had mentioned Skelm—the name he had adopted during his short time under Haretisch’s tutelage.

The offensive moniker had immediately provoked his indignation. He felt a tightness in his chest as a rush of adrenaline coursed through his veins. The familiar needling in the back of his mind had also returned, almost like an illicit voice whispering in his ear. It was the first time he had experienced it in months.

He knew he would have succumbed to its temptations if Bell had not acted quickly to distract him.

Aryan expelled a breath and angled his chin to regard her for a long moment, the tension fading from his features. He offered a wan smile to show his gratitude before glancing back at the mansion looming in front of them. In truth, it felt odd returning to his childhood home after all of these years; he never considered the implications until Bell posed the question.

"It’s the same as I remember it," Aryan murmured as he narrowed his eyes to study the edifice. "Time accounts for a few aesthetic differences, but nothing else has changed."

He scoffed and rubbed at the back of his neck, clearly unsettled. "I haven’t been back here since before I was elected to the Senate. Even when I returned to Nubia, I opted for a private residence in the capital. I couldn’t bring myself to step foot inside that house and confront my past… the memories."

Canting his head, he glanced down into Bell’s eyes and placed both hands on the bulge of her stomach. "I also worry about you," he stated in an attempt to change the subject. "I’m not sure if it’s safe for you here."

Insipid let them go.

He didn't want the fighting to despoil Nubia; it was important in the running of things, and he hadn't wanted the present-day Grauls to be overly disrupted in the first place. He'd need to divert the One Sith to attack the wider planet, which meant bait... or a fighting retreat.

Resolved, he knew what he'd be asking Darth's Serapis and Hekate to do when they touched down.

He looked for Soliloquy's men; he'd be ordering them to retreat into the nearest city and engage in street-to-street.

The more they diluted the One Sith attack, the quicker Krayt turned up and they could try and kill him.

Emphasis on try.

He turned to leave Graul and Bell and hoped they wouldn't feel too badly if he died.

Bellorum shivered and glanced back over her shoulder. She stared at Insipid’s back thinking he better not die… it would be by her hand if that should happen.

She sighed and looked back at her husband, her hands lying upon his as he held her stomach. "I’ll be fine," she whispered, "we just need these guys to be patient, they’re starting to get restless." That was all she dared to say, otherwise Aryan might send her away, and that wasn’t an option she’d agree to. "Olag and Cal are with your grandfather," she said in hopes of reassuring Aryan, "I’ll speak to them about my condition." Truthfully Bell had no intention of allowing either of those two near her, the babies would be delivered when she was ready, and she wouldn’t risk them telling Aryan she shouldn’t be involved in this fight.

A gentle breeze disturbed the foliage along the path, and the air felt damp from a storm blowing in. "We should get inside," Bell urged, "I’ll try and call in some favors, ones that might give up some additional firepower, while you work on Nubia’s defense." She picked up the pace to hurry towards the house, the threat of Darth Krayt weighed heavily on her since the timing couldn’t be worse.

Once Bell turned away and started up the path, Aryan frowned. Her explanation about the babies and the impending confrontation with Darth Krayt did very little to soothe his wary mind. He wasn’t convinced that she was being entirely truthful with him, especially when it came to her own health. Her insistence to prove her worth could result in dire consequences for their unborn children, but he knew better than to openly protest—not at this juncture. He would need to approach the subject with a delicate hand.

For the moment, he placed his hands into his jacket pockets and followed her toward the house, mentally preparing himself for what awaited them. He wasn’t exactly thrilled to return to his family’s estate, nor did he want to have a direct encounter with his great-great-grandfather, but he couldn’t ignore the Force’s subtle vibrations. He knew that it had led them here as a result of Insipid’s revelation. It was the first step in safeguarding this reality against the End of Time.

As Aryan pushed aside the old-fashioned hinged door to allow Bell to enter, the familiar scents of the living space greeted him. It was exactly as he remembered it; his brain automatically associated it with several childhood memories. He visibly flinched as they rose to the surface.

"Stay close," he uttered under his breath, his voice wavering slightly as he struggled with his emotions. "We don’t want to draw unnecessary attention to ourselves. If–If we can sneak back to the study without alerting them to our presence, I’ll consider that a victory."

"In that case, you’ve already failed."

Aryan froze in mid-stride and glanced down at Bell, his expression twisted into one of disbelief. How could they have been so careless in their approach? Someone had already discovered them before they had even made it out of the foyer. That normally would’ve been a cause for concern, but Aryan thought he recognized the deep, gravelly inflection of the stranger’s voice. It wasn’t too dissimilar from his own. In fact, it was almost exact.

And sure enough, as he turned to regard the man standing in the adjoining doorway, he realized that he was right.

[​IMG]

"Kriff," Aryan murmured quietly.

Bell gave her Aryan a slight smile, and she took his hand before turning to greet Grandpa Aryan, "I hope you don’t mind that we let ourselves in?" She asked softly. The house was quiet, and it felt almost irreverent to disturb the peace inside. The sound of soft voices came from the direction of the kitchen, where it was likely her medics were likely being fed by Lyz.

"I saw you approach from the footpath," Gramps replied simply, his expression safely guarded behind an impassive mask. He should’ve been engaged in a therapy session with Doctor Olag and his assistant, but their bizarre techniques had proven too much for him to tolerate. He had demanded they take a break.

And so, while Lyz offered to prepare lunch for their guests, he began to wander around the house aimlessly. That’s when he came upon Bellorum and his great-great-grandson.

Allegedly.

Gramps scrutinized the other Aryan in silence. His presence seemed to captivate him, even after Bellorum’s explanation and his previous opportunities to observe the man from afar. It felt surreal; like peering into a mirror that reflected back his future self. It was odd that they would appear so… exact.

"It’s unnerving, I know," Aryan managed with a weak smile, shuffling uncomfortably on his feet. It was as if he could read and understand the other man’s thoughts. "I’m not sure if this will help, but it’s best to recognize that we are… connected through something called the Epitaph. It’s an ancient concept that goes back thousands of years. Every iteration of myself is a part of you… and vice versa. That would explain the similarities. We’re the same soul."

It would’ve been perfect if this meeting was only about the two men getting to know each other, instead of the seriousness of saving the timeline. Bell felt her eyes moistening at the thought of what cannot be, and she covered a cough to quickly wipe her eyes. She cursed herself for being emotional over a relationship that wouldn’t have been possible if they weren’t in the wrong place in time.

"We would’ve been here when Olag and Cal arrived, but something has come up," Bell looked up at Aryan and squeezed his hand. "We need your help, but I’ll let Aryan explain." She stepped aside, happy to let Aryan take charge.

The Emperor tensed and glanced down at his wife as if she had prodded him with a vibroblade. It wasn’t easy to hold a conversation with himself, which was essentially what it felt like to speak with this man. It was certainly possible for him to overcome his apprehensions about confronting his doppelganger, but he needed more time to prepare.

Or maybe it was merely an excuse. While he wouldn’t openly admit it, he would prefer if Bell took the lead on this one.

His stalling was a testament to this fact, prompting Gramps to ultimately intervene.

"You need access to Nubia’s assets," the other man stated in a firm voice, his brow lifting knowingly. "Aside from the company itself, it’s the only thing that makes sense. There’s really nothing else of value."

Aryan coughed to conceal his embarrassment and finally stepped forth. "You’re, uh… very perceptive," he murmured with a smirk turning up one corner of his mouth. He would’ve expected nothing less from a Graul. "Unfortunately, we don’t have much time. A Sith fleet has set its sights on Nubia, and it won’t take them long to turn the surface into slag as a demonstration of their power. We need to muster as many forces as possible to repel their attack; that’s where the Nubian Defense Fleet will be critical to our success."

A slight frown crossed Gramp’s countenance as he considered the implications. "I would love to provide assistance, but I must warn you that everything is under my father’s jurisdiction. It’ll be difficult to fulfill your request."

Bell observed both men as they spoke, they were alike in so many ways, especially in subtle mannerisms that one wouldn’t expect. She loved how she shared a unique connection with her husband, and it was through that bond that she’d detected his annoyance at her for stepping aside, forcing him to explain their dilemma. It was too bad, he needed to face his many-times-great-grandfather so they could protect Nubia… and their future.

She shifted her uncomfortable bulk and discreetly leaned against the doorway, standing for any period of time was becoming difficult. But the last thing she wanted to do was call attention to anything other than the issue of the One Sith.

Gramps Aryan’s comments then caught her attention, "difficult," she repeated and emphasized his wording, "that doesn’t mean it’s impossible, right?"

She had heard enough of Norin Graul to know that he had treated his son horribly, and he ruled with fear and violence… that wasn’t so different from the Sith, but she would not use that method on a child. Perhaps he could be managed if it became necessary… Bell was capable of giving him a healthy dose of fear.

She reached over and grasped Aryan’s hand as she looked up at him. Their eyes met for a moment and they both knew what had to be done.

TAG: All

DarthIshyZ, Tia, Silvertough and 2 others like this.
  22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    GM Update 3 of 3. A big thank you to the GM team, you guys are the absolute best to work with!

Interdictor in orbit - Nubia

Helinith’s knock was met with shouts of strange curses.

The Rodians had taken advantage of their down time and figured out where they were, and discovered they were smack in the midst of a big showdown. They had been making repairs and getting the ship ready to get the kriff out of there.

The two pilots knew basic and heard the small woman’s question. The pilot stopped and activated an intercom that allowed his voice to be broadcast at the main hatch. “No!” He shrieked, “get away, you!”

He hit the controls to seal the main hatch and the ramp began to fold in.

If they launched it would narrow Helinith’s chances of getting off the interdictor, much less to Yinchorr.

The old freighters engines started up and the ship started to turn towards the magcon field at the end of the hangar. It slowly eased around and an indicator chimed to remind the captain that he’d neglected closing the cargo hatch. The Rodian smacked his forehead and pressed the appropriate controls. The cargo bay doors were slowly closing right next to Helinith.

On the flight deck the captain realized he would need a good excuse to escape and get outside of Nubia’s orbit. He’s seen all the ships on radar, and now he was wondering if they should wait for whatever was happening to end before they launched. He voiced his concerns in rapid Rodian to his co-pilot, who shook his head and keyed up their comm to make a transmission to all ships in their immediate area. “Mayday!! Mayday!! Please let us pass, we are humble Rodians escaping Imperial Knights who stole this ship. This battle doesn’t involve us, and thanking you.”

He clicked off and nodded vigorously, “now go!”

The captain gunned the engines and launched.

Tag: @darthhelinith

*******​

Their cover was blown.

It might be Sam who recognized the Rodian freighter captain’s voice as it broadcast across all within orbit of Nubia. The fool had outed them to the One Sith.

They came on suddenly, several fast ships flew in on the Interdictor. It was a valuable ship, truthfully it was their only interdictor, and now the One Sith wanted it back.

One ship made it inside the hangar as an old freighter screamed past them. They were ordered to ignore that freighter. The mission was to retake the interdictor.

As quickly as the ship settled on it’s landing struts, Sith troopers filed out and into the hangar.

Incoming ships were defended by TIE squadrons, they were only firing shots to keep the interdictor busy and distracted while they worked to get more troops on board. “You take it back intact. Do not destroy that ship,” a raspy deep voice ordered over their comms.

On the bridge the Knights would need to trust some of the defectors with weapons to defend their ship. There were also decisions to be made, like did they fire on the escaping freighter that had just screwed them over? Also, who would lead defectors to assault the troopers that had managed to get on board so far?

There wasn’t time for a discussion. A shaky defector was getting their weapon systems prepped, but could they trust him to take out the TIE’s swarming in? The poor man was terrified out of his mind and talking to himself as he tried to use the targeting systems.

Tag: @Ananta Chetan @Silvertough @galactic-vagabond422 @CosmoHender

23. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Charles Brokenborough
    Lost in Space

Charles collapsed onto a med bay gurney. Such an action by a sentient activated the team of medical droids into a flurry of activity to which the wounded knight simply surrendered. Mending his injuries on the move could only go on for so long. It was finally time to stop.

Drifting off into a drug induced state Brokenborough felt choppy waves rippling through the Force many levels above in the Interdictor near his comrades. He wondered what complicated additional dilemma the Imperial Knights were facing. Always on the move.

The high dosage of medication was starting to temporarily erode at his current identity. The idea of being a part of the royal guard felt like a vanishing dream as he could faintly feel tissue on his chest being drawn and fused together. The Empress and Emperor figments of his imagination.

Tag: @Lady_Belligerent @HanSolo29 @Silvertough @galactic-vagabond422 @CosmoHender

24. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Helinith
    You chose... poorly.

Helinith's eyes narrowed and she swore- another string of heartfelt expletives.
    For sith's sake. Couldn't something in this stupid galaxy be simple to do?!

"Fine," she muttered, mostly to her self as she doubted they were still listening, "You've chosen death."
    She was weighing the likelihood of success for reaching the main hatch, and risking loosing a limb in the process, before spotting the open cargo hatch just a bit further along.
    Whether or not the Rodians spotted her dashing towards it, or her swivel leap to slip through it, worthy of a gymnast's medal by the by, it didn't matter. They would all be dead soon.
    She would personally ensure it.

The cargo hatch snapped shut behind her and she was in pitch darkness.
    "I would kill a million people to get my son back." She spoke into the air around, while trying to sense if anyone else was here with her. "One freighter of slaves is a drop in the ocean compared to that." Her voice broke, catching her by surprise at the emotion held within that statement, and she was suddenly glad of the darkness, that no one could see the tears threatening to creep down her cheeks.
    Her empty arms ached.
    May the force strike me down should I ever lose him again.

Tag: @Lady_Belligerent

DarthIshyZ and Silvertough like this.
  25. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    IC; Bernael and Iudex
    Nubia, In Orbit

Letting out a grunt of annoyance, Bernael drew back in his senses so not to waste the energy he knew he would need for whatever other fights were ahead. Glancing over at his brother, ”Well, Iudex, seems someone truly doesn’t want us able to use the Force that much, right now, someone dark, which means…even Krayt is here.” he mused.

He glanced at the holo array that showed what the sensors were telling them of the layout of the battle. One talon crooked, ”Seems we’re getting even more attention as well. So…it begs the question, do we continue up here or attempt to join whatever of our forces are on the surface?” his musing continued with the question.

Tone coming out in a grow, ”Especially as all those that said they were coming, Hapan, my guard, and all, seemed to have run into hyper rush hour.”

The scowl carved upon Iudex's face only deepened as yet another missile managed to slip through both his own mental grasp as well as their ship's point-defense screen. Ignoring the protests of the superstructure groaning from the impact, Iudex found himself forced to agree with his battle-brother. A great fog had descended upon his mind, clouding his ability to fully protect their vessel.

Krayt. Which meant.. so was Shimmer.

A reptilian snarl rumbled deep within his chest. The nerve. "Regretfully, I believe our usefulness has culminated here. Blasphemous perhaps, but I don't place high faith in our compatriots' ability to fight off a siege by their lonesome."

Although, with how often Insipid's scheming appeared to blow up in his face, the man should have been an expert on repelling enemy assaults by now.

Iudex turned to look at Bernael. "Yet saying that, expecting a victory with Krayt still in the picture is pointless. Ideas?"

A dark smile crossed Bernael’s face, ”Yes…it would make things much simpler with Krayt out of the picture. And this miasma in the Force should dissipate then.” he replied in a firm tone.

Looking back down at the planet, ”The question then is, can those Lords down there keep the attacking forces at bay long enough for us to drive Krayt away?” he mused, studying the holodisplay to study the layout of forces in the system, at least those their sensors revealed.

Iudex was silent for a moment as he too studied the display. The battle was slowly beginning to turn against their marshalled forces in atmosphere. Sooner or later, the choice would be made for them, regardless of their own wishes.

"It would be even easier," He said with an annoyed growl, "If we could force him planet-side as well, but I doubt such fortune would smile upon us."

He shook his head disapprovingly. "Those below will have to fend for themselves for the time being. Once Krayt is eliminated, the rest of his forces will scatter. I for one am willing to trade the prosperity of Nubia for the usurper's death if it affords us a few months of peace."

A dark smile crossed Bernael’s face at his battle brother’s words. He turned, gaze roving the crowded space above the planet. ”A planet can be rebuilt, if desired. Removing that…annoying creature would be a pleasure beyond saving those below. If they cannot defeat his forces below then it says much as to whether they should be in their positions.”

Swiveling on his feet, his black within black eyes met Iudex’s eyes, ”I believe that pressing into where this Force miasma feels strongest is how we will find Krayt. As long as this ship survives, that is. Although, that will not stop either of us.”

The miasma was cloying, a projection of darkness none too dissimilar to the greatest shadows they'd faced before now.

Whether it was stronger or comparable to Snoke couldn't be said, because Krayt was a more martial Force user than dark side sorcerer, after all. He had an edge that was physical, blades that could stab and would stab.

A set of Fury-class assault ships were making their way across the battlefield, but there was a very obvious come and get me if you dare from Darth Inexor, resonating at them. Worse, there was suddenly a very familiar essence aboard the self-same ship. It was the Esme-clone apprentice of Soliloquy, who had been missing for some time - a sudden resonance, reaching for Iudex, begging for help, and then snuffed silent.

A growl slipped from Bernael’s throat as he was let to feel the message being ‘broadcast’ to him. His head turned, dark eyes looking out toward where the message seemed to have come. Snorting, he shook his head, long hair bouncing slightly as he did. Turning back to Iudex, he met his brother’s eyes, ”Let me guess…you probably just received a mental broadcast, one designed to elicit an emotional response.”

Looking back out where he could still feel the presence of Inexor, ”These tactics of our foes, aimed at us, quite childish.” he muttered. Clasping his hands behind his back, he walked closer to the viewscreen, certain that Inexor would be trying to feel how he’d respond. Spinning to face Iudex, a dark smile came across his face, ”They forget one of the prime rules of warfare. Attack where your foe is not.”*

(*Sun Tzu, Art of War)

Iudex remained in place, clenching his fists as a low snarl reverberated within his throat. "I am more insulted that our supposed great enemy has resorted to using such pathetic barbs." He squashed the effects of the mental broadcast with simple rage. Rage at the nerve of such an attack. Rage that a small, non-insignificant portion of his heart had indeed lept upon hearing Shimmer's voice again.

Such a primal anger brought with it clarity for what had to be done. His voice darkened. "Saying that, the last thing they would expect is for us to "fall" for their trap.. My patience for tactics is admittedly diminishing, brother. The sooner I can sink my teeth into their flesh, the better.."

Indeed, Inexor was playing with fire, taking Shimmer.

But he didn't expect them to fall for the trap.

If they did... that'd be more surprising.

Inexor's ship began heading towards Nubia's civilian district, in the capital. Obviously this was a terror attack more than anything.

Shimmer's terror filled the Force again, briefly.

Feeling the pulse from Inexor once more, Bernael snorted. ”Such a tempting target but he certainly seems set on pulling us away from…something.” he muttered. Touching a couple controls on the holotable, he had the sensors track back as far as possible to where Inexor’s ship had come.

One talon lifted, pointing to a section of space, ”This is where his ship first was picked up. Doesn’t mean Krayt is there but why else would the one One Sith that knows I have a grudge take the one being he knows you’d want away to the surface?” The miasma of the Force meant he couldn’t track well, so he pulled up the ship’s data, ”Fighters perhaps?” he suggested.

"Or a superweapon." Iudex hissed, crossing his arms across his chest. "These types always seem to have one tucked away for the penultimate moment.."

A fresh wave of anger pulsed within the confines of his mind, as a familiar voice called out in terror across the ocean of the Force. Shimmer. Inexor's little gamble would be his downfall, Iudex decided, enjoying the mental image of his own boot crushing down upon the pretender's skull.

It would tide him over until he could experience the real thing.

Iudex activated his commlink, casting a weary glance towards Bernael before looking back at the holotable's display of the orbital battle. "Raiders! We're tracking a series of Fury-class assault ships breaking off from the main fleet to descend upon Nubia's civilian district. I want them harassed at worst, shot down at best. Whatever plunder that comes of it goes to the ones who take them down. Iudex out."

"Their deaths will buy us time to figure this out." Iudex growled. "I would prefer if their sacrifice wasn't in vain."

Tags: @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael