main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Dark Reach: Episode II – THE STORM OF ONE

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by HanSolo29 , Nov 1, 2021.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Cera Tan
    Coruscant, Coronation Hall

Cera was back on Coruscant. The first time since… since forever actually. Not since after Order 66. She and her team were deep in the Outer Rims when it was issued. Commander Rem… The Arkanian closed her eyes for a second.

That was the past. This was different. She was different. Gone were her days as a Jedi. She was an Imperial Knight now. Cera needed more time to get comfortable with the idea. Spending most of her life on the run from the Empire to join in and help protect it.

Not that this was Palpatine’s Empire. This was something different. Or so her recruiter told her. Her last mission had taught her that Jedi and Sith could work together. If the holocrons and the books were to be believed.

Those findings had shaken her to the core and then Order 66 happened. She pushed that part away. A fairer Empire could be beneficial for the Galaxy. Cera had not been blind to the corruption and the injustice of the Old Republic.

This was a rare thing. A second chance. To fix the evils of the old Empire and the old Republic, learn from their mistakes and start anew.

Cera needed to believe that this was possible. Back there in the Outer Rim she had witnessed the decay and hopelessness that had gripped the hearts of the people. The village that she used to protect would need more than just a washed up Jedi Knight who one day will either die of old age or be killed, then the vultures will pick the scraps off.

They needed this new Empire…

Still trying to get used to the armor, she had worn parts of Clone armor before, she stood still before the Senator whom she and a small group of others were to protect. A young man spoke, Cera was yet to learn the names of the others. She was not there to make friends.

Her expression blank, she was going to wait to be addressed by her superiors.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @ConservativeJedi321 @Corellian_Outrider @TheSilentInfluence

2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Kazan Aima
    Coruscant

Kazan watched as Sam gave a nod, her face turning to watch the skyline. He returned to his seat, settling back as he continued to clean his hilt. The methodical act over and over again until it shined brightly. The red of his helm reflected in it as he continued with this process.

Sam was an interesting one, there were things that she had just done that Kazan respected, and others that annoyed him greatly. She was not the massive hot head he initially thought, her not escalating matters proved that. But she was too keen on asserting herself, something she perhaps did not initially notice as she, in her mind, was doing her job. Kazan could respect that.

So the hulking red frame of a man remained silent, the matter in his mind resolved until after the mission when they would have to meet with the Chief of Staff, Aston Ess, and bring up their security concerns.

A troubling thought entered Kazan's mind who dismissed it quickly. Such thinking led down dangerous paths, although he could verify his theory quite easily. He would have to wait until they met with Aston however. All in good time.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @Lady Belligerent @CosmoHender @pashatemur

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    IC Bernael and Hekate
    Preparing to Depart Oba Deah

It had been an interesting six months. After the gala and other events that had occurred then, Bernael as well as those that planned to follow the vision that had touched Azathoth had returned to Oba Deah. Well, those plus one, his wife. They had researched and studied the problem and how to find Exegol so that they could discover the whys and wherefores of Azathoth’s vision.

And now the time had come for them to set out. These things came to mind as he woke. Hekate was laying beside him, the twins in their bassinets, still sleeping. He sat up, reaching out, a mug of caf heating itself as it glided through the air to his waiting hand. He glanced down at her, as he sipped, she wouldn’t be happy when they departed and she headed back to Known Space, but it was for the best, she and the kids were safer there than facing whatever was to come.

He reached down, the aroma of the caf reaching Hekate’s nose as he stroked her hair, ”Morning, time to get ready dear, and get the things packed for you and the kids to head back.”

Hekate could smell the caf before she woke up, and she yawned, moving day already? She took a swig of caf, and checked on the twins, who were still asleep, after gently kissing her husband. "Thank goodness for small miracles," she remarked drily. Crossing the room to look for some comfy robes to wear, her mind wandered back to what had happened over the last six months.

The birth of their twins, settling in as new parents and getting to have some much needed time together as a family.

Bernael chuckled, the twins had been very active since they were born, little balls of energy. So any time they were actually resting was a time that he and Hekate had to be able to rest. He watched his wife move and smiled. Shifting his legs from the bed, he took to his feet. His clothes and cloak flew to him and settled on his form with just a thought.

Have you decided, Coruscant or Hapes yet?” he asked as he dressed. ”Which do you think will be more secure for you and the twins?

"I've decided on Hapes. With Helinith and Renn squarely on the throne, it's safer than Coruscant. As an added bonus, I think it's safe to actually restart teaching younglings again, starting with the twin," Hekate told Bernael. Kissing him, she walked over to the twins, who were awake and hungry.

Bernael smiled as Hekate began to nurse the twins. He tended to agree with her assessment that Hapes would be best. He sipped his caf as he thought. ”Hapes is safer, behind the Mists but it also depends on how the rogue Hapan nobles will be acting. However, the Palace is one of the more secure places in the galaxy.

He took the twins when they were done feeding, setting them back in their bassinets. Turning back to Hekate, he let the smile stay in place. ”But, also, one more strong Sith there would help with maintaining the rule of Renn and Helinith.”

Hekate nodded, she could see El Muerte antagonize the moving droids they had hired to pack whatever they could into the ship. Thanatos and Persephone, who could more or less sit up on their own, were quite interested in seeing what was going on outside. smiling, Hekate used the Force to lift them so they could see.

Bernael chuckled, Hekate’s pet was up to his usual antics. Leaning over the bassinets, he ruffled the twins hair, ”Do not let your mom get hurt, or get into trouble.

He looked up at Hekate, walking over, cupping her cheek. ”Keep an eye on Renn and Helinith, I have a feeling things may be a bit tight for them as they run the Consortium.

Hekate nodded, “I promise I will.”

With a small nod, Bernael kissed Hekate. ”Good.

Glancing around, a low chuckle came from his throat, ”At least Hapes will offer both you and the kids a chance to have more space.

Turning, he headed toward the door, ”Not sure how long we’ll be gone, we don’t even have a hard location on Exegol yet. But you and the children will be in my thoughts.

Hekate nodded, as much as it pained her to admit it, it was time to part ways. Getting the twins strapped in took some time, and she left El Muerte to watch them, she kissed Bernael again. "Until we see each other again, my love." One last hug, and it was off to Hapes.

Strapping in, she plugged in the coordinates and they were off. Persephone and Thanatos fussed a little bit, but Hekate assured them Daddy would be okay.

TAG: @Sinrebirth and @Lady Belligerent

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Aveline Lawson

Four and a half years... it has been four and a half years and here she was again feeling a sense of déjà vu. As the Graduating Ceremony commenced, Aveline couldn’t help but compare to when she had graduated from the Royal Academy on Coruscant. It had rained that first time... not that it had bothered her. Her and her former class mates were in a celebratory mood despite some jokingly called it an omen.

They were all making plans to cross paths and see each other in some way no matter where their new promotions and assignments took them. So full of hope and optimism that they could make a difference in the Galaxy.

Most of them were gone now...

She closed her eyes and subtly shook her head. She remembered standing before her father, in dress uniform, saluting each other. She remember the proud expression on his face... and the hint of sorrow. Maybe it was because she had grown up, that their duties would keep their family apart. She could tell he wanted to break protocol and hug her. Not that it stopped her mother! She bundled her up fiercely and ignored her embarrassed protests as she was pulled into a tight embrace.

Those words her mother whispered in her ear so long ago cautioned her to be careful. ‘You are gifted, Aveline, and there are those whom would exploit those gifts without hesitation. Be mindful and cautious, do not flaunt your abilities needlessly.’

She took that to heart. She had to hide a part of herself during her time with the ISB, under Palpatine’s regime. She had felt someone’s watchful gaze during her early assignments. Waiting for one slip up... though nothing became of that.

Or had it?

Somehow someone could read her ‘gifts’. She had, in more recent times, been lured into opening up and to hone those gifts and skill sets. It felt as though a blind person was seeing for the first time... a new way of observing the world. Had she done the right thing in doing so? That warning of her mother’s came back to mind as she waited in line.

Aveline blinked and gazed up from under her brows. They were calling out their names now and they stepped forward towards the dais.

She glanced back over to the barricades as they stepped again. Hopeful to see a familiar face. Were her parents watching? It was probably best they were not... nothing is clear these days and there is too much risk.

The knight in front of her moved along. Aveline held her breath and stepped forward as well as she watched the new Emperor of the Empire address the kneeling knight as had been done with the knight before them and so forth.

“In the name of the Celestials, The Empress, Emperor, and myself, I give you the right to bear arms and the power to mete justice!”

Aveline watched, with butterflies fluttering in her stomach, as the knight responded: “That duty I will solemnly obey, as a Knight of the Galactic Empire.”

“Arise, Imperial Knight Sam Hhat.”

The Empress presented the Knight, Sam Hhat, with their weapon. A lightsaber hilt.

It was now her turn to stand before the Emperor and kneel. She listened to his voice as he repeated the same line, she could hear her own heart beating very loudly.

His voice stopped and she repeated the vows given to her.

“Arise, Imperial Knight Aveline Lawson.”

Aveline rose to her feet though did not dare to look him in the eye. Was that a hint of a smile of his? She didn’t linger as she turned to the Empress and accepted the offered hilt. She mouthed a ‘thank you’ and followed after Sam Hhat, making way for the next in line.

She listened to the last four knights while her eyes scanned the audience, seeking those beyond the barricade for some sense of familiarity during these unprecedented times...

The Emperor raised his blade and shouted “I give you the Knights of the Galactic Empire!”

Her skin felt tingling, clammy. The weight just hit the pit of her stomach.

Oh... What have I done?

— Present Moment —

It was still too early to gauge how the knights perform together. Each one of them are from different backgrounds and disciplines. Comparing with Aveline’s time at the academy, the academy usually strips out such individuality for efficiency.

Although, Aveline had not been a shiny example of ‘how to be sociable’, she had not ignored them either. She mostly observed how they behaved while she kept herself guarded. It was still too soon. As for the uniform? The issued armour wasn’t too bad. It didn’t hinder her range of motion as much as she had anticipated though she missed the light flexibility of her ISB field uniform. She’ll get used to it.

While six of the ten knights are assigned to the Empress. The remaining four were summoned to meet with a senator of Kuat.

While en route, Aveline mentally remembered some of her notes from her datapad of her colleagues.

Cera Tan: Arkanian. Oldest of the group. Had formal training with the Force prior to Imperial Knighthood. Former Jedi fugitive of Order 66. - I wonder what operations she had been a part of.

Walce Quia-Vis: Human. Youngest of the group. Child of Imperial aristocracy. Former merc. - Was that a rebellious act against his upbringing? Potential to be a wild card, hard to say how he will conduct himself.

Madelyn Linnet - very enigmatic and elusive so far.

Aveline kept a step behind Cera and Walce as they entered the building. As they made their way to their intended location, she thought about their target.

Who was this Kuati Senator? She had heard of Ormes Apolin. He been a part of the Imperial Senate before it had been disbanded around the time she had been accepted into the Royal Academy.

He was a stout supporter of Imperial interests in the current Galactic Senate as one of the founding members of the Centrist Party. Though it was hard to say whether he will be the progressive type to advance Imperial affairs or a restorationist to take things back to the ‘glory days’ under Palpatine’s reign.

As they arrived, Walce unexpectedly took charge.

Her eyebrow arched a fraction at Walce’s blatant disregard for protocol when interacting with officials. Straight off the bat he admitted that he was more of a blunt weapon in an operation than a surgical tool.

Was that bravado speaking? Or projecting a facade? Given his age... a bit of both?

At least Cera maintained that stoic front.

Aveline folded her arms behind her back and stood at attention, awaiting for the Senator to address them.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @ConservativeJedi321 @TheSilentInfluence @TheAdmiral

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The following is a RETRO combo with @Lady Belligerent and @Sinrebirth – thank you so much!! :D

Six months prior to the start of Dark Reach II:

IC: Emperor Aryan Graul, Empress Bellorum Graul, and Ike
    Private Suite, Aboard the Stardust

The setting dissolved into a misty cloud, a faint ethereal glow shining down from above to create an almost fantastical atmosphere. While the darkness lingered at the edges of this picturesque environment, it failed to impede upon the tranquil scene unfolding at the epicenter of the swirling haze.

Two figures occupied this space, enshrouded in shadow but immersed in each others’ essence. They swayed precariously from side to side, seemingly entranced by the rhythm of an inaudible tune.

Their affection permeated the Force…

...but so did their uncertainty and doubt.

And also their fear…

...of losing each other.

A great schism was approaching, and that’s when the voices commenced with their haunting song:

'I’m losing him to this obsession...'

'I can’t raise the baby alone. I’m afraid; afraid for
    him...'

'He knows something is wrong, and yet he’s
    still going out...'

'I’ll see you in a bit; it shouldn’t be too long today. I promise...'

'Don’t leave me!'

And then the coldness, along with a profound sense of loss, overflowed from the dark fringes to completely obliterate what remained of the vivid scene. It was a crushing blow, and the resulting shockwave traveled outward like a tremendous explosion among the stars…

Spreading… and spreading…

When it finally engulfed the entirety of the dreamscape in a blinding light, the vision ended.

Aryan Graul sat upright in bed, a strangled gasp issuing from his throat as he kicked the covers aside in a desperate bid to escape the effects of his nightmare. Several minutes passed before he finally disentangled his limbs from the sheets—and the woman at his side. He was oblivious to Bell’s presence, unable to focus on their bond or the intimate nature of their lovemaking, which they had shared together only a short time ago. The emotions that he had witnessed were far too intense to allow a lucid thought.

Was this what she had felt while under the Scepter’s influence?

Exhaling heavily, Aryan edged toward the side of the bed and leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees. He then stared absently into the darkness, his brow furrowed in thought as he tried to decipher the significance of his dream.

[​IMG]

Bellorum was relaxed in the afterglow of a very pleasant afternoon spent with Aryan, and since she was still unaccustomed to sharing her bed, Bell was instantly alert when he gasped.

Her lightsaber was in her hand in an instant, and its blade was glowing as she realized the threat wasn’t in their room. Aryan’s distress was very real though, so she dropped her lightsaber back onto the bedside table and slid out of bed. She grabbed her robe and wrapped herself in it as she went around the bed and kneeled down in front of Aryan.

"I’m here," she said while brushing his hair out of his eyes with her fingertips, "we’re here together, Aryan. Look at me, darling." Bell stroked his cheek and whispered, "it was just a dream. I can feel how much it affected you, but it’s not real."

Bell felt a cold knot forming deep in her chest, it was the wretched feeling of loss again. The profound loss of one's soulmate.

"Aryan, it’s that damned Scepter causing this," Bell stood and put her arms around him. She mentally fought back against being pulled into the pain of loss. "We can’t let it control us, you and I aren’t the ones suffering. I don’t know who they are, but we will get answers."

She sighed and answered the question he had not spoken out loud, "yes, it’s exactly what I experienced."

There was a knock at the door, loud, precise - singular.

A second later Ike swept into the room.

"Morning Emperor, Empress!"

He was dressed in almost regal finery, grinning widely.

"Windows; transparent."

The internal blinds vanished, and light swept into the room, Ike reaching for the curtain to specifically ensure the brightness was angled towards the head of the bed -

Ike turned to look, mock voice. "OH MY!"

That knock sent a jolt of adrenaline through Bell, but not from threat. Bell took Aryan’s chin and quickly tilted his head up and gave him a look indicating she would handle this. She quickly leaned down and kissed him before smiling at Ike, "morning? It’s half an hour before dinner," Bell couldn’t resist laughing at the situation. There was Ike dressed to the nines, and then there was Aryan, who was equally as fine au naturel.

She’d have to start leaving an extra robe handy because Aryan would have to get used to Ike showing up, or maybe she’d let him figure it out for himself. The two men had no choice but to learn to like each other, even if she had to bash their heads together to make it happen.

"I’m glad you’re here," she quickly gave Ike a quick embrace and an air kiss, "Aryan and I are anxious to discuss something with you."

Bell moved back to Aryan and put her hand on his shoulder, she was quite aware that he was seething in spite of the soothing she’d been giving him from the moment Ike knocked. 'It’s okay, love. This is how Ike is and I’m sure you’ll grow to love him as I do.'

"We’ve been a little, uh, distracted this afternoon, so I failed to order food," Bell’s eyes widened as she looked at Ike, and her smile was definitely cocky, "could you order some dinner sent in? We’ll just get dressed and be right out."

Despite the embarrassing ordeal, Aryan’s gaze never wavered from Bell’s face. He merely lowered his arms and gripped the edge of the bed as he clearly projected his disdain and frustration through their bond. While the kiss from his wife had helped to appease his mood, he still couldn’t fully forgive Ike for the disruption. It wasn't that he was angry at the man for catching them in a compromising position; he had denied them the opportunity to privately work through their unusual circumstances.

The Scepter and the nightmare it had conjured remained at the forefront of his thoughts. He had hoped to spend this moment with Bell to discuss the implications—to dissect the images that he had seen and give it some context. There was a deeper connection, and he recognized that the man and woman who continued to inhabit these visions were a critical piece.

Who were they?

How did they relate to them?

They would need more time to uncover the truth.

'The jury’s still out on that one,' he conveyed to Bell after a prolonged pause, countering her theory that he would come to appreciate Ike’s company. He followed up with a gentle caress against her cheek and a reminder of their task. 'Remember, the Scepter… that's our priority...'

Pursing his lips, Aryan then nodded to himself and rose slowly to his feet. At this juncture, he didn’t bother to cover his nudity. He certainly wasn’t ashamed, especially if Ike was uncouth enough to barge into their suite with hardly a warning. The man deserved an uncomfortable experience.

To emphasize this point, the Emperor arched his back and stretched to loosen stiff muscles, eliciting a yawn for dramatic effect. "You have impeccable timing," he drawled in a low baritone, canting his head to regard the foppish man. "If you’re ordering dinner, don’t forget the spiced nuna sausages. I hear they make a great side-dish."

Aryan flashed a devilish grin before padding barefoot across the room toward the refresher.

Ike snorted at them.

"Actually," he said with some wryness, and snapped a finger, the doors opening again. "I had already taken the liberty of ordering your dinner-to-bed." Notwithstanding that the two were in a state of... disarray, he was not to be one-upped just because of some minor nudity.

"Sausages included."

Who he had said that for the benefit, he could not say.

The servants were, for some obvious reason, humans, and also all female, and they all looked down at the trays after a brief glance. They could have been droids, could have been anything else to avoid teasing Aryan.

But it was Ike.

That should’ve been reason enough not to engage—but Aryan couldn’t resist.

It was pure instinct that he turned at the sound of the door’s release, an audible curse issuing from his lips when he noted the procession entering the suite. Each servant had a tray balanced on their arm… and they were all distinctly female. They diverted their eyes at the sight of a naked man in their midst, which prompted Aryan’s ears to grow warm with humiliation.

Naturally, he snatched a decorative tapestry from a nearby cabinet and used that to cover himself as he crossed the remaining distance toward the 'fresher. With a final glare at Ike and a rueful smile at Bellorum, he proceeded into the room and shut the door.

Bell rushed to grab the shirt Aryan had worn earlier and slipped it on. Her fingers rushed through fastening the elegant buttons as she struggled to suppress her laughter. There was no doubt Aryan was aware, but he would also know she wasn’t laughing at him.

She was incredibly proud of how he owned the situation and walked away like a model on the runway. Yes, he had made a glorious sight and she sighed out loud as she pulled on soft black socks and whispered, "I love you," and rushed back to their guest and his harem.

Bell pulled the covers into place and had the servants place the trays on the bed. "You may go, ladies," Bell dismissed them and once they had left the room she turned to Ike, "you are so bad, and I love that, but we do need your help." However, she couldn’t hold back her laughter any longer, "that was well played, my dear, you are the master." Bell bowed to acknowledge Ike’s talents as she giggled.

"Aryan should be out in a moment, and I’ll let him explain what’s going on," Bell involuntarily shuddered just thinking of the scepter and her experience with it. She sat down cross-legged on the bed and patted a space beside her, "have a seat, you know, I don’t believe I’ve ever entertained in bed before," she quickly shook her finger at Ike, "don’t you dare turn that into anything vulgar!" Her smile was genuine because other than that damned rod, she was very happy.

Bell handed Ike a plate, and acted the role of hostess, "I’m anxious to hear all about your reconciliation and how Insipid handled you dallying with his boy," Bell playfully smacked Ike with her napkin and shook her head, "that was so wicked. Details later?"

Aryan emerged a short time later, exhaling softly through his nose as he approached the others. Dressed simply in a pair of gray lounge pants and a v-neck undershirt, it was obvious that he did not consider this a formal occasion. The only indication that he had any intention of entertaining their guest was the care he had taken to tame his tousled appearance; he had wet his hair and swept it back away from his forehead. He surmised that it was 'good enough' for the present company.

He would rather crawl into bed and dismiss Ike for the evening—but he also knew that Bell had a point. The vain fool had a notorious history as Insipid’s partner, and that had likely exposed him to a myriad of secrets, including pertinent information that may help them discover the truth about the Scepter.

Stroking his beard in thought, Aryan refrained from filling his plate; he was too distraught to eat. Instead, he ambled toward the perimeter of the room and began to pace along the wall, observing the various holos and other trinkets as he moved. He wasn’t sure if they held any sentimental value to Bell, or if they had always been here. Perhaps they were now a permanent fixture of this particular suite, left behind by the original owners of the Stardust.

In any case, that was beside the point; he was stalling, and he knew it.

"So, uh… Ike," Aryan cleared his throat to garner the man’s attention. He picked up a small statuette from the shelf and began to idly examine it as he spoke. "I’m aware that you suffer from memory lapses, correct? Or at least, that’s how you so eloquently described the experience the last time we held a serious discussion."

The Emperor angled his chin to give Ike a knowing look. He wasn’t going to allow the other man to forget the excuse he had used when he had tried to inquire about the Graul family history. "But regardless of your… ailments, I was curious if you’ve retained any knowledge about ancient artifacts—more specifically, artifacts imbued with the Force that may have a link to the distant past. I suppose it’s the sort of thing historians or archaeologists may have a stake in… or maybe Insipid himself dabbled in such matters? Is it possible you gained insight from him?"

Raising a brow, Aryan returned the statuette to the shelf and stepped closer. "Does the… Scepter of Sistros sound familiar to you?" He then canted his head and sought Bellorum’s gaze, pouring hope into their bond. "Bell and I would really like to know."

Ike nodded carefully. "Memory lapses, definitely. Insipid never really explained why, but he mentioned once that it had happened before he met me. But then again, Bell was sure this wasn't my original, um, sexy body." His discomfort gave way to a flirtatious smirk as he plopped on the bed, legs crossed.

"The Scepter of Sistros? You mean the thing that Vice Chancellor's of the Old Republic have walked around with for, what, twenty-five millennia? I guess you mean that?" He reached over and tugged a sausage from the plate, wagged it at him. "No?"

Bell rolled her eyes over the locker room humor as she raised her finger and swiftly tugged the sausage from Ike, she loathed sausage because no one really knew what went into those vile things. The sausage smacked Ike’s hand and landed on his plate. Bell offered Ike a napkin saying, "you know very well what thing he means, it’s a very old and angry object."

Ike hesitated, regarding his hand. "Sounds like the Darkstaff, that thing Bernael and the others were tagging along with before the Battle of Coruscant... or maybe the... what did they call it... the Scepter of Ragnos? It was said to be pretty malevolent in and of itself, Insipid thought it was even before Marka Ragnos got his claws into it."

He frowned at Bell and Aryan. "Why aren't you asking Insipid this?" His tone became sharper. "Am I under suspicion?"

Aryan canted his head and narrowed his eyes. "Is there a reason you should be?" he asked carefully, briefly exchanging glances with Bellorum before returning his full attention to the man perched upon the bed. "Notwithstanding, what I suspect you did to me… and my family, of course…"

While he still craved answers to the mystery surrounding his latent Force abilities, he also understood that now was not the appropriate time to delve into such matters. Bell had been wounded by the Scepter’s influence, and that remained their priority.

"Perhaps I already did have a discussion with Insipid regarding the topic," Aryan continued after a brief lull, a wily grin pulling at the corner of his lips. "We had an enlightening conversation about the multifarious nature of the universe, but it wasn’t anything compared to what I was previously able to learn from you." He hesitated slightly, clearly perturbed to openly admit that under the circumstances. Nevertheless, he shook his head and carried on; it was too important to dismiss.

"Do you remember our last encounter onboard the Star Home? I confronted you about the echo memories—and whenever you uttered a specific word or brushed against me in a certain way, it triggered another torrent of memories. That’s why I collapsed. It was the same phenomenon that I experienced with the Scepter, so I’m assuming there’s a connection?"

He then inclined his chin, his expression hardening. "It happened again recently… a few hours ago. But this time, it affected Bellorum as well. If there’s some correlation between those other items you listed, or if you have any further insight—especially with the influence you had on me last time—I know that we would both appreciate it."

Ike shook his head. "I don’t know myself. Wapoe, Arb - they seem to. But I don’t." He eyed Aryan. "But what about you? I overheard that Imp - Ars Dangor. Before you killed him in the Senate he called you Norin. Isn’t that your Dad’s name? What’s that about?"

He was standing up for Bell more than himself. "If you’re dragging her into a mess, you should be more honest about it."

"Gentlemen, please!" Bell was getting close to banging their heads together, "I need you both to please dial back the jabs for a minute, and let’s try to figure this out."

She immediately regretted losing her patience, but being caught between two people she loved was maddening. Her hand opened to summon a wine bottle into her grasp, she opened it and poured herself a full glass.

'Later, please?' Bell’s voice would clearly echo in Aryan’s mind, and she hoped he would understand that she needed answers, but she was willing to wait until they were alone. Surely he had meant to tell her these things?

Bell turned to Ike, "I was close to dying from what that thing did to me. I’m not exaggerating, and had Aryan not acted quickly," Bell swallowed, "I believe I would have died."

She looked down at her plate and pushed some slices of fruit around, "it caused physical and emotional trauma that I wasn’t prepared for, I’ll not make that mistake again."

Ike hesitated. "I don't know, Bell." He interrupted Aryan's response. "I feel as if we're stepping into a much larger world... one which will eat us whole."

His eyes glazed over. "Maybe one we've been in the palm of all along."

An awkward silence followed the somber shift in the conversation, granting Aryan an opportunity to fully disengage from the proceedings. He had heard enough, and he had nothing further to say—particularly after Ike had sidelined him by revealing the distressing encounter with the late Chancellor. The man had mistaken him for his father, and that had rattled him more than he cared to admit.

It had conjured a flurry of emotions that he had believed long forgotten, prompting him to self-consciously rake his fingers through his beard. He idly wondered if it was the facial hair that had evoked such a strong resemblance to his old man—or perhaps the very nature of their genes, as father and son, had doomed him to become the very monster that he had come to loathe… and fear.

Closing his eyes against that notion, Aryan inhaled deeply and turned on his heel. While Bell’s silent plea to share the details with her had helped to alleviate some of his concern, it didn’t change the fact that he had lost control of the narrative. He had hoped to explain the situation under his own terms, but Ike had denied him that luxury.

It left him vulnerable.

Pursing his lips, Aryan clamped down on his insecurities and exchanged glances with Bell—but not before glaring at Ike a final time in silent warning. He then retreated silently from the room without partaking in the dinner spread.

For the moment, the Scepter remained forgotten.

TAG: All

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    An After Dinner Combo with @HanSolo29 and @Sinrebirth —this was incredibly fun!

You know that something is coming.

Something—a specific, dire, and even awful something—will happen. It rolls slowly, inexorably, back into your mind.

You make what preparation you can. Or you think you do, though your bones know the truth—there isn’t any way to side-step, accommodate, lessen the impact. It will come, and you will be helpless before it.

You know these things.

And yet, somehow, you never think it will be today.

Diana G.

Bellorum sat on the floor in her office, she’d slipped out while Aryan was sleeping soundly, so she could go think without the possibility of disturbing him.

The Scepter was secured within the vault, but she still felt threads of cold reaching for her. “Leave me be,” she said softly, “I won’t be seduced by an object that only offers me pain and suffering.” Bell shook her head and felt foolish to be sitting in the dark talking to a scepter. Could it even hear her? Did the cursed thing have intelligence or was it a depository of memories?

She shuddered, the sort of tremor that Granny used to say ‘some just walked across my grave’ over. That memory triggered her to consider the various timelines she and Aryan knew of. “Did someone step on my grave somewhere in the future?”

The past, perhaps.

The voice was similar to hers, but with a more natural human inflection. Bell had originally possessed a Chiss accent, but this wasn’t her self-taught words, but a voice that originated as human, in Basic.

She might have missed the words, if there had been any other distraction, and it was eerily similar to her internal monologue. Did you just answer me?

Bell pulled her cloak tightly around her body as she slid her knees up towards her chest. Aryan had rubbed his chest, and she understood why, except for her it felt like she was freezing from the inside out. She scoffed at how silly it was to even imagine the comment was from the scepter.

Why was she here, instead of with Aryan where she would feel loved and sheltered from this ominous cold?

I did.

The silence was pregnant; the woman cautious.

I was going to ask if you heard me, but clearly you did.

A wise-crack.

You're related to me. How?

Bellorum blinked and massaged her forehead.

“You’re mistaken, I’m sure we've never met.”

She was frustrated, the whole thing felt strange. There wasn’t any hint of deception, this was just a voice in her head.

“I guess you’ve calmed down now? That assault earlier was totally uncalled for, I mean you no harm.” Bell swallowed and felt some better now that she could have a bit of control over the conversation. “How about you tell me who you are?”

You surprised me. You and I... we're connected, and that connection was stronger than I expected.

A hesitation.

I'm Tera. I'm what's left... or perhaps I'm all there ever was.

Bellorum sat in silence a moment.

Aryan! Bell prodded her sleeping husband through their bond. She shook him awake, I need you, now…

“Tera, why did you also torment my husband? He wouldn’t harm you.”

Bellorum realized he might give her some grief since they had promised not to go near the thing without the other present. She had not removed it from the vault, and she didn’t actually touch the scepter, so he would have to understand.

“You called out to my husband, and he felt drawn to you, why?” Bell swallowed and then added with some hesitation, “I don’t understand how we’re connected, that just can’t be possible?”

Probably because he's the descendant of my partner... Joren Graal abandoned me, and the baby... I died, once, and then the Celestials reversed it, created a new Nouane, to manage the inconsistency...

There was a wistfulness to her words.

You could be descended from me... I did have siblings... perhaps one of them went blue? Cold hearted bitches, all of them.

Bell’s arms hugged her knees tighter to her chest as Tera spoke, she could feel Tera’s cold sorrow deep inside her chest. “He…abandoned you and your child?” Bell glanced at the door, she hoped Aryan would feel her urgent plea. “Tera, my Aryan wasn’t the one who abandoned you, so please help us understand rather than lash out at him?”

There was one thing that stood out in what Tera had said, “can you see me? Also, how do you know we’re related?”

Aryan staggered through the pre-dawn gloom that had settled over the apartment, his fingers fumbling to secure his robe in his haste. While he had learned his lesson after the earlier blunder with Ike, that all felt distant and inconsequential compared to Bell’s urgent summons. Her voice had reached him through their bond, penetrating his senses and thrusting him awake from a sound sleep. The intense rush of her emotions had filled him with dread, and he immediately feared the worst.

Had something happened…?

...had someone tried to hurt her?

Her wellbeing was at the forefront of his mind, which accounted for his awkward run. His pulse pounded in his ears as he moved, keeping time with the pattering of his bare feet against the wood-paneled floors. This continued until he crossed the private antechamber and skid to a halt before her office. He started to slap the door release with his palm—but then stopped when he heard the low drone of voices.

One belonged to Bell; he recognized the familiar timbre and inflection of her words.

And the other?

It also sounded like Bell. And yet, it… wasn’t. There was something off about it, something that Aryan couldn’t quite identify. He might’ve been content to stand outside the room and listen—to glean as much information as he could before confronting the scene, but then a pair of names caught his attention.

Joren Graal.

Skelm.

Both resonated with his very soul, clenching at his chest and bringing an icy chill over his body. He heard himself gasp with the physical pain that accompanied it, but before he could push back to counter the negative forces that had descended upon him, a vivid image materialized within his mind’s eye.

He saw a young teen, lanky and lean, with features that were so much like his own. There was a malicious glint in the boy’s eye as he sneered at a forlorn woman. He could only assume that she represented the teen’s mother, but he couldn’t be certain. Nevertheless, the scene did not end well; a wordless exchange passed between the two before they separated in anger and grief.

The vision faded, and when Aryan finally regained his bearings, he discovered that he had apparently proceeded into the office. He couldn’t recall ever crossing the threshold, and yet… here he was.

Standing awkwardly near a display cabinet, he inhaled sharply and allowed his blue-gray eyes to sweep the room until he found Bellorum. He silently appraised her lithe form for any injuries as he slowly stepped forward and closed the gap between them.

"What—what’s going on?" he murmured shakily, his fingers sweeping through his hair with exasperation. "Are you alright?"

Bellorum could only nod in response, and she quickly stood and rushed into
    Aryan’s arms. She held him close for a moment before she tilted her head back to look into his eyes.

“Tera,” Bell whispered, “what do you mean he carries that seed? Are you saying my Aryan has this?”

The tears that filled Bell’s eyes finally spilled down her cheeks. She wanted to find proof that this was an elaborate deception, but it wasn’t. She looked up at Aryan with concern, it was likely he saw the vision too, but she was hesitant to ask.

“I…I don’t understand what you’re calling The Darkness in his heart? Please help me understand…”

Joren Graal was bait for one of the Six Darknesses; the Heralds of the First. He failed and the Darkness took his body; took his bloodline; took his future. My future. Your futures. The Darkness was named Skelm.

A sniff.

I doubt that name means nothing to you. It doesn't take long for Skelm to guide a Graal down the path of power and self-destruction.

The second voice returned, echoing inside Aryan’s mind before he had an opportunity to question Bell about its origins. It pervaded his mental barriers with ease, a quiet utterance that whispered both platitudes and shocking revelations. He tried to dispel the disturbing images that it conjured—of Skelm and the inherent Darkness—but he was unable to reject them completely. They continued to percolate under the surface, spurring his sense of dread.

It was so potent that he failed to immediately respond to Bell’s obvious distress. Her emotions rippled through their bond, and the tears in her eyes reflected her torment—and yet, he merely closed his eyes and issued a heavy sigh.

He was struggling to control his own inner demons, bowing his head as he tried to cope with the voice’s adverse claim. It was ludicrous to assume that he would follow a pre-determined path that denied him free will. Life didn’t work that way; there were always choices, always obstacles to overcome. Someone, or something—perhaps the Scepter itself—was messing with them. No doubt it would certainly like to plant illicit thoughts to betray their thinking…

"I rejected Skelm," Aryan stated suddenly, his voice gruff and tinged with malice. "I may have adopted it for a time, but as I told Insipid, that name no longer exists. I chose… Aryan… myself."

Backpedaling slightly, he glanced toward the safe where Bellorum had safely stowed the Scepter. "Who are you?" he demanded harshly, pulling Bell closer into a protective embrace. "Who’s Tera?"

Bell relaxed a little after Aryan’s embrace tightened, she welcomed the warmth that was radiating from his body. She clung to him and turned her focus to calming Aryan, she was starting to recover from the shock of Tera speaking to her, but he would need a little more time.

“I gather that she was Joren’s wife,” Bell whispered against Aryan’s chest, “he…” she took a breath before finishing her statement, “left her and their child.” Fresh tears streamed down her cheeks, which frustrated her. Why would this make her sad? It wasn’t Bellorum’s problem that Tera’s husband walked out on her. She made a sound that was part groan, and part growl. “She claims I’m a distant relation.”

Bellorum pulled back a little and looked up seeking his eyes. She was overwhelmed at how quickly there were answers, but they came with more questions. “You won’t leave me,” Bell said softly, and felt a waver, “will you?”

Tera, for her part, grew silent, and the staff inert, as if the effort had exhausted her.

She didn't have anything more to say to the descendant of her cursed partner.

He shouldn’t have been surprised that Tera had refused to answer. As he replayed the conversation in his head, Aryan realized that he had come across as a bit aggressive, but that was only natural when this elusive woman—the purported wife of one of his distant relatives—had abused and tormented Bellorum. That was inexcusable, and yet… the lingering silence continued to aggravate him. It reached a point where he was beginning to project those sentiments onto Bell.

And so, when she asked once more whether he would leave her, it hurt… probably more than he cared to admit. It indicated a lack of trust, and—

No.

He didn’t want to wander down that path. It was obvious that the Scepter was still likely influencing him in negative ways. They would need to adapt and dissect this new information together. It would be a difficult journey, but that was the only true method that would allow them to fully resist its irresistible allure and uncover the truth.

Inhaling deeply to clear his mind, Aryan closed his eyes once more and leaned down to press his forehead against hers. "I’ll repeat it as many times as it takes," he murmured quietly, purposely adopting a husky baritone to appeal to her sensibilities. "I’m not leaving, Bell. I’ll always be right here."

Enveloping his arms around her torso, he brought her close. "Don’t worry, we’ll figure this out. Both of us."

Bell sighed with relief. She was content to just stand in her dark office as long as Aryan was holding her. This could have ended badly if Aryan had been angry at her for coming back here, and she had picked up on his ire at her questioning him about leaving. She had hurt him, and that wasn’t her intention at all. I’ll make it up to you…

But the damned Scepter wasn’t easy to let go of…yet. Why was she drawn to this woman?

“Tera? How did you know I’m…blue?” That wasn’t the question Bell had wanted to ask, but it was bothering her that Tera never answered if she could see them.

Softly Bell asked, “will you tell me about your child? Was the baby a son?”

Did Tera and Joren truly want the child, or was it simply an accidental pregnancy…Bell had never put a lot of thought into these things. But, Tera’s sadness over it was daunting. Was her crushing heartbreak because of Joren leaving or that he left her when she was having a child?

A child, another living thing to care for…that would be a crushing blow if one parent walked away. Then would the child do the same when he was older? You pour yourself into another person, you commit to that person…and then what are you left with? Bell knew what you were left with…

For a moment she stiffened in Aryan’s embrace, she remembered what true heartbreak felt like.

Tag: All

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth and @Mitth_Fisto.

IC: Azathoth, Soliloquy, Insipid
    Oba Diah, near the Maw

Azathoth had been extremely busy over the course of the previous six months. In fact, Insipid within Azathoth had been forced frequently to remind his son multiple times to eat and drink, as well as rest. Although Azathoth did not sleep anymore, Insipid had made good on his promise to teach the young Sith on how to overcome the need for sleep and allow the Force to rejuvenate his body instead. Between Azathoth's obsessive research he had been conducting aboard the Stardust, to his own self-imposed brutal training, strengthening his abilities including refining the 'Black Lightning' technique Bernael had taught him almost half a year ago. And those were what occupied Azathoth's 'free time', his true work of locating and finding Exegol along with all the countless meetings and planning Insipid had been dragging him on, along with having a constant 'roommate' within his head... it all wore away slowly over Azathoth.

And yet, half a year later it felt they were no closer to finding Exegol.

Azathoth watched the recording Insipid informed him would be of interest, his face neutral during the whole thing as he watched it carefully.

[​IMG]
    And then Azathoth's mouth opened as Insipid then spoke.

"Well, Soliloquy? Is the tale of the Ronin merely an aside, or do you think it worth pursuing as a route to Exegol?"

Azathoth brought a fist to his cheek, looking to Soliloquy.

"It was odd that he was collecting kyber crystals, trophies perhaps? Certainly did not seem to be his main objective there. Curious...Do we know what era or when this took place?"

Soliloquy, stirring a drink idly looked at the twinned pair before him with their alternative questions with a sardonic grin. It was adorable! And people said Sith didn't know how to share!

Resisting the urge to reach out and pinch the boys cheek Soliloquy instead raised a hand between them and formed a holoprojector from his palm. The displayed image hung between them of a timeline. "We are this dot, red for reasons. Ronin is believed to have occurred. . ." here the image scaled out numbers rattled off the bottom until a purple dot came into view. ". . .here. Give or take a couple decades. Hundred year darkness in brackets here for temporal reference."

Giving that moment he closed his hand and let the timeline dissolve. "I would judge it as an aside. Unless we can locate this Ronin's holocron or the Sith leadership of that time I doubt it will prove any great help. A long shot, pursue if you have nothing better to prevent idleness." he shrugged at that as he made a sliding motion of his fingers through his head tendrils. A visual pain coincided, but it was a good pain. Grounding.

Sipping his drink he gave a nod. Time to see what else this adorable pair had up their sleeves.

Insipid agreed with them. "We would have more luck with the accounts of Noctyss and Sanguis as they actually mentioned Exegol..."

Soliloquy was here as their loremaster - outside of Insipid himself. The datapads of Sith from this reality were dotted across the table. A hot caf was present, which was more for Insipid than anyone else, and he wasn't even corporeal... nor was he, all that often, present. Azathoth would have moments when his father was not to hand, having vanished to some nook or crevice of his psyche.

"The Hundred Years Darkness happened here and in our origin timeline. As do Darth's Andeddu, Revan and Bane exist here." He reached out with Azathoth's hand to tap a pile of three datapad's, but the foremost two were essentially names referred to in hermetica rather than biographies - Bane at least was known to have founded the Rule of Two. "The branch point is of interest."

Insipid paid attention to Azathoth's reaction to the Bane mention. Exposing young Sith to alternate philosophies could be dangerous. The Rule of Two was completely opposed to what his Sith were seeking to achieve, so it was a risk, but he judged it small.

"There's a salient mention of Noctyss and Atrisia... somewhere..." this time a spectral hand reached out and picked at the datapads, the Force surging through Azathoth to do so. One fluttered up. "Ah here it is. Atrisia was an ancient Sith redoubt, and there is some vagueness as to whether that was millennia ago or tens of millennia ago."

The Force seemed to curdle around the datapad; resonating.

"Hm."

Azathoth had no discernible reaction to the mention of Bane, although Insipid would know that Azathoth was one to discover and develop his own ideology based on what he thought was right. Whether that happened to coincide with Insipid's goals was another matter, but Azathoth's lack of interest when he had come across the mention of the 'Rule of Two' likely indicated he had no interest in it as a prospect to lead the Sith.

Azathoth let out a sigh, it was all such a mess. Lost histories, varying timelines, forgotten pasts... it was all a muddle. Azathoth tapped his chin in thought.

"Certainly a possibility... but if we work off the assumption that at very least Palpatine was able to find Exegol in this time, he himself must have come to find of this information himself. The question is did he discover the location or was it passed down to him..."

He tilted his head, thinking for a moment longer.

"From what I have gleaned Palpatine does not strike me as the kind of man that would destroy Sith knowledge. Hide it? Undoubtedly, but not destroy it, so the means of how he found it is out there somewhere still..."

He leaned back in his seat, the dark bags under his eyes becoming more clear than before.

"But finding what that information is or what happened to it is just as nebulous as finding Exegol itself..."

Soliloquy gave an pitying gaze at the boy before him. “Your education on Palpatine has been lacking, hasn’t it. Hmmm, very well.”

Raising his hand again he set the Galaxy a whirl between them. Highlights began appearing as glowing halos about certain stars. “Palpatine would never destroy knowledge? He has in the past, but only if he feels he can replace it with his own version. Improved somehow, or if he has memorized it and wants no one else to have it. Calamities of human memory being what it is - he made vaults of themed knowledge and purpose. Such as Wayland and if rumor is true Jaku. Knowledge we seek is likely backed up in one such facility but which one and where are serious questions as we never knew all locations in the prior universe Even a century or two afterwards of his final demise.”

Reaching out his tapped the data pad , “Atrisia has a very nice School of the Arts, or did in the past few decades. Haven’t raided an ignorant museum or warehouse in millennia. Worth it just to stretch my legs very nearly no matter how little it would turn up. Still a sensitive should go, just in case if you want to follow up on it.”

Taking the lesson in his stride, Insipid eyed Soliloquy. "Can you handle it alone, or do you feel that you'll need input?"

Soliloquy was a member of the Circle of Lords, after all.

He didn't hold an Imperial office, but he was still important; and more than adept.

Otherwise, he flexed Azathoth's hand. "If we're dealing with Palpatine, we do need to be exceptionally careful. If we accidentally locate him, then he'll kill whoever does." Another chin tap. "I haven't been to Wayland, but Cartao doesn't exist to create Spaarti cylinders, the cloning technique used there. I know of warehouses on Pilio, on Adumar, at the edge of the Deep Core - but nothing at Byss, for example - no great Dark Empire."

He allowed Azathoth to see how Palpatine had returned as a clone in their own timeline, some six years after his presupposed death. Of course, Insipid knew a lot about cloning.

But this wasn't their timeline.

Insipid had purposely checked out Byss for this explicit reason, but in their own timeline there had been no Battle of Jakku, either.

About now, the Empire should have lost Coruscant and warlordism was ravaging the galaxy.

Instead, they ruled.

The New Sith Order ruled.

With a chin tap, he asked of Azathoth, aloud. "Unless you want to take the Team?" He was referencing Iudex and Bernael and Azathoth, rather than Soliloquy or even Insipid.

Azathoth settled back into his chair, thinking on what Soliloquy said. He altered Azathoth's view slightly, but he still sensed it was the greatest possibility of all the information they had to find Exegol. Even if the probability was small, it was larger than the nothing they had uncovered the last six months.

But still... these other possibilities... it was like wading through mud, trying to find a needle. Everything merged together and looked so unappealing. Azathoth huffed slightly frustrated at the situation, his eyes closing for a moment. He felt the chin tap, his father asking him a question.

"Will those Imperial Knights you set up recently insist on coming along?" He spoke distantly, his mind thinking, whirring on what Soliloquy had said.

"Soliloquy going to investigate Atrisia while 'the Team' goes to Wayland is I think the best course of action. But the utmost caution, as you said is needed,"

Giving a slight "Hmm." at the whole situation Soliloquy took another sip of his drink. "Perfectly fine on my own, could always bring a guard or my pet with me if you want to make sure I'm not totally alone." Of course by guard he was referencing one of the beings had created for the defense of Hapan space that were soggy Force Nulls. He really should get a few them some experience now that they were bordering on self suffiency on creating a working fleet and supply lines.

Insipid looked at Azathoth. "You don't like the Imperial Knights?"

He chuckled before the response came out of his lips. "But fine," he fluttered a hand. "Off you go, Soliloquy. Be mysterious, but be successful."

He placed a thumb on their chin in thought. "Do you believe that the Imperial Knights are a problem?" He turned his spiritual head rather than actual head. "I won't be tagging along, I promise."

"How can I dislike beings I have barely met?" he spoke, sidestepping the question. He had only gotten a brief look at the Knights during their little ceremony, his mind had been too distracted with other matters to give them much thought. Not that he really needed to think about them.

He glanced to Soliloquy.

"Thank you, you have been of great help," he spoke this honestly, his attention returning to the spectral head of Insipid.

"You will not be tagging along? Then where will you be?" There was almost a tone of concern in Azathoth's voice, his interest recaptured by Insipid.

Soliloquy gave a nod and made of show of gathering his things. "Anything else I can do, or shall I proceed at once?" he asked finally as soon as one of them glanced at his lingering form. He was deeply interested to hear what the answer would be to little Azathoth's question.

“Proceed,” Insipid said.

He didn’t want all his secrets to be revealed.

After Soliloquy left, he spoke to Azathoth. “Tell me, my son, have you ever heard of an Essence Heart, as an evolution of Essence Transfer?”

Azathoth could not help but chuckle slightly at Insipid's dismissal of Soliloquy, who was just as curious as Azathoth. Although the young Sith knew for a fact if the situation had been reversed he would have done the exact same thing.

"No I have not heard of such a thing... and you know that..." he spoke with amusement rather than annoyance. He had grown accustomed to Insipid asking him questions that he did not know the answer to. It had been annoying at one point, but these days Azathoth found it endearing.

Insipid chuckled. "Essence Heart was created by one of my clones."

"A rogue one, which I was severed from during the Shadow War, roughly twelve years before the End of Time." He sounded rueful. "By your mother, in-fact. She was quite the opponent." He sounded wistful. "That's the thing with clones; perfect vessels, but the Force abhors a vacuum - a clone, or an inclination - it will acquire its own soul, it's own intents, it's own heart, you could say."

"Darth Malthus did just that, and briefly seized control of my Sith Imperium... but I of course hunted him down and killed him. Well, so I thought." A shrug. "He returned an ally of the Old Ones, a member of the Sith Pantheon. And he used Essence Heart on the gathered Sith Order - in my bedroom!" A dark chuckle. "I'd created an altercation whereby it appeared the Sith were divided, to lure out the Old Ones' agents on Korriban."

"It of course backfired, as Essence Heart allowed him to attempt to body-hop into several bodies at once. The lesser Sith, the slaves with no potential, they were easily seized, and did not require his full power - he transformed them into batteries for the next stronger Sith, time and time again, a chain reaction of power..." Insipid sounded bemused. For every body Malthus took, he had another font from which to power his seizure of the Lords'.

Azathoth's eyes studied the spectral head of Insipid closely. This 'Essence Heart' sounded fascinating... the mysteries and potential of the Force were wonderous and great indeed.

"How does Essence Heart relate to our... dynamic?" he spoke with further curiosity. "Are you planning to body hop into multiple and if so who?"

“I’m entitled to my secrets, my son.” A dark chuckle. “I needed to acquire enough power to be able to be in two places at once - to exist as one essence over two bodies; two avatars. Not an easy feat. So I’ll be leaving you be for a time. But if you call…”

A pause; calculating. “I should be able to come.”

“But do keep the lesson of clones in mind, if you’re not careful, you end up creating someone, genetically, as clever and ruthless as yourself, and then they could sabotage you.”

Azathoth chuckled at his father's entitlement to 'secrets'.

"So quiet not gone in other words," he spoke, relaxing into his seat.

"Yes clones... that is useful to keep in mind, having some other version of myself would be quite the handful,"

He considered for a moment how Insipid was going to achieve this gathering of more power if he was still, for now, going to remain within Azathoth. He tapped his chin, his eyes looking down at the table wearily. Even he realized he needed to take some actual rest before this mission. Investigating Wayland not at full strength could quite easily get him into trouble.

“So, as I say…” Insipid was careful with his words. “I’ll leave you to it. To your team. Don’t get killed.” He held a spectral finger up to his son. “If you find Palpatine - if he truly is alive, and this isn’t some… some Echo of the Past - I would remind you.”

His spiritual eyes met the physical.

“Do not engage.”

His voice was firm.

“You will die.”

Azathoth nodded his eyes meeting his father's.

"You have my word,"

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  8. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Circle Lords Iudex and Soliloquy (And a Friendly Blightwing)
    Oba Diah

Six long, uneventful months had passed since the Sith's conquest of Coruscant. The initial weeks had been spent marshaling their forces, awaiting the inevitable military response from the New Republic. Yet nothing happened, no mighty armadas exiting Hyperspace above Coruscanti skies, no secret incursion by Jedi forces, nothing. It was an odd position for Iudex to find himself in, a warrior without a war. Yes, the Sith remained surrounded on all sides by enemies, but for the moment, they existed in a sort of fragile peace.

So for six months, Iudex devoted his time to his training. Having been recently elevated to the rank of Lord of the Circle, it would be a disservice to the Sith as a whole to fall behind. With the disappearance of Lord Hate, a being he refused to admit might have legitimately perished, niche had opened up within their ranks. Iudex had internalized the notion that his continued service to the Empire was paramount to it's continued existence. To the idea, he had focused the majority of his training on developing methods of surviving grievous wounds to his person, an imitation of the missing Hate. Only time would tell if his training would pay off.

But today started like any other day on the Sith's outpost on Oba Diah for Iudex, namely untangling himself from the loving embrace of Shimmer. He had long since given in to the woman's incessant demands, and had surprised himself by starting to actually enjoy her company, beyond the simple pleasures of the flesh. But maybe that was just the odd period of Peace they found themselves in talking.

He arose from their bed early and donned a simple blue robe, trying not to awake his companion. There was nothing on the schedule for him to do today, nothing exciting rather. His thoughts remained on Azathoth's mission to find the hidden world of Exegol, but for six months, there had been no news on the matter, at least none that he had been made aware of. Iudex gave himself a once-over in the mirror, and upon being satisfied on his appearance, slipped out of the room.

Iudex strolled about the halls of the Outpost, slowly making his way towards the chambers of one of the other Circle Lords that resided within. He wasn't in any particular rush to speak with Soliloquy. Ever since an "agreement" on his relationship with Shimmer had been met, the Falleen Sith had given his fellow Circle Lord a wide berth. But that would change today. All other avenues on finding Exegol had failed, save for charting the Unknown Regions, planet by planet, themselves.

The Croke had to have something on worth buried within it's head. Iudex sighed, clasping his hands behind his back as he approached Soliloquy's doors. Strange how even after all this time, he still felt like a schoolboy being admonished by his headmaster on the rare occasion he had to speak with it alone.

"Soliloquy." Iudex called out, gently rapping his knuckles on the door. "You got a minute?"

"Utinni!" Came the high pitched cry from the other side of the door as a general sound of skittering could be heard. Soon the door opened to reveal the large insectoid form of Blightwing buzzing his wings in excitement at having a visitor.

"Huist ikees Tiwih Uaniwi! Uwanna Yua Tadriwi?" it asked with a twisted head. Of course it didn't know whether or not this being spoke Jawa-ese, but it was prepared to bargain for whatever it wanted.

Translation: Wow! This is the one! Want to trade?

Iudex raised an eyebrow, suddenly remembering another reason why he had kept his distance from Soliloquy. Its pet abomination. One that just happened to speak the most pleasing languages to be subjected to, Jawa-ese. Sighing, Iudex switched on the universal translator planted within his ear. It was a lesson in futility trying to ignore the beast's games. So he would play along, as if he were but a simple scrapper peddling his wares on the hot sands of Tattooine.

"But of course." He said slowly., shifting into an old persona. "I've found many an interesting thing to trade my friend. For example.. I ran into a Pyke recently that sold me the most amusing of blaster pistols. Every time you fire it, the chance of the blaster completely dissolving in place rises. Think of it as a.. joke gun, of sorts." Iudex quirked an eyebrow. "All yours for the very meager sum of allowing me an audience with your Master, wha'ddya say?"

The insectoid face twisted in concentration. Luckily Blightwing understood basic, so that wasn't the problem. Tapping a digit on the ground it thought about the deal, "{You got blueprints for this? What I look like? Like I trade droid with bad motivator?}"

Iudex raised his hands and scoffed, as if the very idea of making a bad deal was insulting. "No no my chitinous friend, no blueprints. This is a one-of-a-kind item I'm afraid. But I'm sure a businessman of your standing would have no issue finding a way to replicate it.."

He waited a moment, making a point to stroke his chin as if thought. "Buut.. You have to make a decision friend, Got quite a few buyers lined up for this particular specimen.. Remember, this one-of-a-kind weapon can be yours for the low price of letting me past that door there to see your Master, quite the bargain, if I do say so myself.."

Buzzing for a moment the creature that was Blightwing did a small dance of frustration. "Fine. Throw in a favor or stack of creds and you have a deal!" Blightwing held forward a spiked leg waiting to shake on the deal and to accept the item if this was acceptable.

Iudex simply smirked, shaking the offered limb with his hand. "Sounds like a plan my friend. I'll have the item and a generous pile of credit chits transferred over to you."

He found himself enjoying these little exchanges. There was no danger here, no sense of urgency, just two beings killing time with some friendly banter. It was a nice change of pace before the storm that was undoubtedly approaching. Iudex rested his hands on his hips, an eyebrow quirked. "You're never one to accept terms so quickly. Lemme guess, Soliloquy's not even in, right?"

"Wow! You are the smart one." Blightwing stated with a chattering laughter. "Not in, seeing spectral one. Should be back anytime, had to make deal short. Almost no deal."

At about this moment, as if on cue Soliloquy came striding down the hallway. "Iudex! Hi." he stated with a nod as he looked past the man to Blightwing. "Pack with suits and some old art. We are blowing this Sith-icle of a pop stand." Turning his eyes back he gave a questioning gaze.

"If you're here to ask for Shimmers hand in marriage the answer is no. And I don't have time for that long of a conversation." he added with a glare.

Iudex shook his head, making a show of sighing dramatically. "Ah, you've proven yourself the better salesman, I concede to you my friend." It was all but a friendly game anyways, he had sensed Soliloquy approaching for a few minutes now, might as well play nice with the pet.

"Thought we buried the hatchet on the issue of Shimmer." Iudex spoke casually, the corner of his lips upturning into a smile. "No, I originally came here to speak to you about my upcoming expedition into the Unknown Regions. But.. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion you would be repeating yourself, no? So, I'll leave you to your devices."

He turned to leave the room, before coming to an abrupt stop, as if struck by a sudden thought. Maybe it simply the nerves talking, the possibility of once more having to stare down a version of Palpatine, but the notion of burying the hatchet suddenly felt more appealing.

"We have our differences, you and I." Iudex said softly, his voice dropping in pitch. "But we serve the same Empire. Can we forget past grievances and simply move on? Have there be one less source of friction among the Lords?"

Rolling eyes his Soliloquy shook his fist at the young lad. "Now where's the fun in that? I've only stopped being a holocron for the blink of an eye and already you want to deprive me of so much joy and emotional play. . . fine. Be that way, and good luck with the vaults." he added with a dismissive wave.

Iudex smirked. "Yes, well, I doubt either of us could resist emotionally attacking the other for very long, the least we can be is cordial to one another. Ha, every once in awhile at least." He turned on his heel, making his way back out the door. "Good luck on your mystery quest, hope we survive long enough to antagonize each other again!" He called as he passed into the hallway.

"Ha!" shaking his head at the departing back Soliloquy waved the lizard off, "I survived ten thousand years, not about to be killed by a liberal arts university!" With that and a firm grin in place he closed his door and set to the simple task of packing.

Iudex shook his head as he departed, his hands clasped leisurely behind his back as he walked along the hallway back to his chambers. Soliloquy had the right idea, it was time to prepare for the mission ahead. Finally, after six long, uneventful months, they were finally on the move once more..

Tags: @Sinrebirth , @Mitth_Fisto , @Shadowsun , @darthbernael

9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Courscant, Coronation Hall

[​IMG]

Madelyn Linnett understood that there had been much change since her days of serving Emperor Palpatine as an Emperors Hand. She was older of course, wiser, she hoped; and still was loyal to the Empire. No matter who ruled it. She had been raised this way. Loyalty above everything. Now she was an Imperial Knight. And although that didn't have the same ring as Emperor's Hand, it still made her feel powerful. She was currently in the coronation hall, and although she didn't know any of her fellow Imperial Knights, she still gave them looks of respect. Obviously they had been chose for a reason too. Madelyn hoped they would win back the territory they had lost to the Rebellion and the New Reoublic.

She wanted them destroyed.

She eyed Senator Ormes Apolin critically, although Madelyn sensed he was probably as fanatical as her. She gave him a little bow and waited her orders along with her fellow Knights. She hoped she would get to fight sooner her later. Madelyn could feel her blood burn for it.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral @ConservativeJedi321 @Corellian_Outrider

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    GM Update one of two
    Starting off with an Ike cameo.

IC: Empress Graul

She would never admit it to anyone, besides Ike, but she was nervous. This was an important appearance and it was her first big solo outing as Empress, and her first time out with a security detail this large. She adjusted her tunic, and checked her hairpins to be sure they were secure.

“My Knights seem ill at ease behind us,” Bell said with a smile as she looked out the window, “I rather like that they’re spirited.

The two sat in silence for a few minutes while watching the lights of the city speed past, before Bell spoke again, she raised the partition so the driver couldn’t listen in.

“I’m…nervous,” she said looking confused, “I want this to go well. I need this to go well, so I can prove myself.” She scoffed and tried to rephrase herself, “I guess I need to prove it to myself, but I kind of want Aryan to be proud of me. Is that bad?”

Ike rolled his eyes a little, preening in a reflective surface. “You’re the most grounded of the former Triumvirs, you basically won the War of Three, and you survived Typhojem, remember? I would think inspiring a bunch of Imperial Jedi wannabe’s would be well within your range of skills.”

“Unless it’s the Epitaph stuff that’s throwing you off your game?” He turned from his reflection to look at her.

Bell opened her mouth to fire back a response, but she quickly closed her lips tightly. She maintained eye contact for a moment before replying, “the what stuff?”

Thoughts of her confidence quickly went out the viewport.

Was this another secret between Aryan and Ike, or was she starting to get paranoid for nothing? They seemed to know things that she hadn’t been filled in on. Suddenly her eyes widened slightly and she quickly looked away and faced the window, did they not trust her? These things now involved her, so how could Ike and Aryan keep things from her? Aryan had eventually explained the details of his family, that she’d been in the dark about until Ike mentioned them at dinner, and maybe he really hadn’t had an opportunity to tell her about it.

Ike frowned. “What did I say?”

He rewound his thoughts. “Imperial Jedi wannabe’s should be within your range of skills. Ike said the last thought he heard aloud.

“What’s wrong with that? Saying that?” He cocked his head. “No?”

Bell turned back to Ike and repeated his question, “you said, ‘Unless it’s the Epitaph stuff that’s throwing you off your game?’ What is going on, Ike?” She didn’t sense any deception, and she knew Ike well enough to know when he was teasing her.

“Are you okay?” She put her hand on his and squeezed.

Ike did something he rarely did with Bellorum; he closed down. “I’m fine. Just my memory problems are getting worse, that’s all. That Arb guy, he did something. There was this… statue… Atrisian.” His eyes clouded over. “I feel… as if we need to figure this out. The Change, and all of it. If we don’t… I don’t think it’ll matter how successful we are.”

He looked at Bellorum. “I don’t think we need to worry about the Imperial Knights, or even Aryan.” He pursed his lips. “I think we need to worry about Wapoe, or whatever his name was, and Arb…” Ike looked unhappy. “And I think we need to worry about Insipid, too.”

Bellorum nodded slowly, filing away all Ike had said, including how he didn’t explain the ‘Epitaph’. She leaned forward and opened the cabinet that would conceal refreshments, but found it was empty. “Not even a bottle of water,” she grumbled and lowered the partition, “we need something to help us get through this appearance,” she smiled grimly.

“Driver,” Bell spoke up, “if you hang a left up ahead, and head down 3 levels, there’s a store I’d like to make a quick stop at.”

The driver’s eyes were huge when he glanced back, “ma’am? Uh…what about the other vehicles that are with us?”

“Tell them you’re taking the lead and they’re to follow,” Bellorum shrugged and closed the barrier again. “I guess I should inform the Knights, or they might get concerned when we detour off the route.”

She took out her comlink and keyed the channel for her 4 guards, “we need to make a quick stop, so please keep up.”

It was then that Bell remembered that she didn’t have any credits on her, but she had something better. “I’ll wait in the vehicle, otherwise we might have issues with my posse, but you can take Aryan’s credcard,” she grinned and handed the card to Ike, “get us a nice wine for now and another for the trip back —and don’t forget glasses!”

Ike was shook from his worries. He grabbed the card - Aryan’s card - and skipped into the store. The doors whisked open and Bellorum would hear him say the following. “Your most expensive wine, good sentient!”

That left Bellorum for a few minutes as Ike skipped off. Would she message Aryan? Or just wonder, before he returned with two glasses and a decent sized bottle of bubbly.

Bell wanted answers about this Epitaph, and the things Ike said, but she had to get this hospital visit behind her first. She heard Ike’s request and giggled, she then made a mental note to pay that card before Aryan saw the statement. This was definitely a business expense, she thought about it a moment and decided to just let Aryan sort out those details.

“You got my favorite,” Bell squealed when Ike jumped back into the vehicle. “To our Emperors, long may they reign,” she touched her glass to Ike’s and then quickly downed it.

~

The line of vehicles pulled under the porte cochere at the hospital. Bellorum was finally feeling better after some fortification from the champagne, and she smiled apologetically to the Knights now joining her outside the vehicles, “I hope our little detour didn’t disrupt things too much, but it couldn’t be avoided.” She started to walk away, but instead turned back, “we really should have a security meeting tomorrow, I’d like you all to take charge of things, and it seems reckless to be arriving at a public entrance like this.”

Bell turned and walked inside the hospital to where the Director and the Chief of Staff waited to greet her, and she introduced Ike as her confidante. Bell moistened her lips to stifle laughter, goddess help her if Aryan ever found out she was introducing Ike as her ladies maid. She handed Ike her purse to hold and walked with the hospital administrators for the tour they had planned for her.

The Knights were a very pleasant surprise for Bell, they seemed to know exactly what to do and they were extremely discreet and professional. At times they seemed to blend in when she spoke to some of the children who were brought out of their rooms to greet her. A very pale little boy tugged on her cloak for attention, so Bell knelt down and asked his name, “I’m Rolfe,” the child answered, and Bell took his hand and shook it saying, “I’m Bellorum, it’s so nice to meet you, Rolfe. Are they taking good care of you here?” The boy seemed to look distant as he nodded, “I just want my mummy,” Rolfe whimpered. Bell looked up at the hospital’s Director and he shook his head slowly. “How about I send over some treats later for you and your friends here? Would you like that?” The children were all excited and asked for their favorite sweets. Bell finally held up her hands and told them she would be sure they all had a selection of goodies. “But, it’s now time for me to speak to the hospital administrators and the media,” she smiled at the young patients, “and you are all coming along to be on the holonet with me!”

The children were all speaking at the same time and it gave Bellorum a chance to speak to the Director, “where is Rolfe’s mother? Why isn’t she here with him?”

He frowned and sighed before replying, “she died fighting earlier this year, she was a pilot. We’ve tried to explain to Rolfe, but he cannot, or will not, acknowledge the truth.” He glanced over at boy and added sadly, “his father died before he was born. He had been an elite Stormtrooper trainer, and he died in the line of duty. Rolfe has only his grandmother now.”

Bellorum looked at the Director in disbelief. “I see…” she managed to say before taking Ike’s arm and slowly following the lines of patients and guests back to the atrium lobby where she had to speak to those gathered.

Something felt a little off, but security had vetted all of the media and guests who were attending. Bellorum blinked and pushed aside the images that were flashing through her mind. It’s fine, she told herself.

There was suddenly a roar of noise and cheering as the Director introduced her, Bell managed a serene smile and walked up to the dais. “Hello, thank you all for being here today, and I’d like the thank the children for their warm welcome and the coloring lessons.”

She smiled a moment and an awkward silence filled the vast space.

Bell looked around the gathered children until she found Rolfe sitting with the other patients, and she made a decision. “I have some very good news for the Coruscant Children’s Medical Center today. My husband and I will be funding an expansion to this facility that will focus on the mental health of the galaxy’s children.” She scribbled a number on a scrap of flimsy and handed it to the hospital’s Director. He looked at the number and nodded at the Empress. The poor man looked shocked, and Bell wondered what she’d just done, no, why she’d just done it.

She nodded back to the Director and he turned to the other administrators to show them the amount Bell had written on the flimsy.

“I’ll be back to check on the construction and then to celebrate the opening of The Emperor Aryan Graul Pediatric Hospital for Mental Health.”

There was applause all around and then Bellorum was surrounded by the administrators all wanting to shake her hand and ask questions.

Bellorum had to just make it through the reception and then she could leave.

Tag: @Ananta Chetan @Shadowsun
    @CosmoHender @pashatemur

The meeting in Emperor Graul’s office continues in a combo.

Tag @galactic-vagabond422 @Silvertough

Combo tag from last week for @Snokers @WookieeRage

Combo continuing for @darthbernael

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE 2 of 2

IC: Prince Isolder

Edge of the Hapan Consortium

He had been anticipating this for some six months.

The return of the Sith.

Now, he hadn't directly opposed their efforts, but he had asserted his independence, building upon the military reforms put in place by General Astarta and Admiral Tomsini. With the Circle of Lords busy with their new pretty control of the Galactic Empire, the Hapan Consortium - battered, bruised, and more besides - had time to lick its wounds.

And so Isolder positioned the Golan battle stations at each entry point to the star cluster, reinforced them with gravity mines, and used Hapan wealth to hire mercenaries to make up the gap between the Hapan Navy and their reconstruction. The Battle of Hapes had wrecked the navy, after all, but Isolder had the sensation of being used up and discarded. But for no longer.

And so, when Darth Hekate headed back to Hapes from Oba Diah, her personal ship was very abruptly decanted from hyperspace, hit with ion fire, and towed into the hangar of a waiting Lictor-class dungeon ship. Sonics put her into unconsciousness, but no harm was inflicted upon her. After all, the Hapans didn't want to war with the Sith or Galactic Empire. They just needed some breathing space.

With the use of non-Hapan ships and personnel, Isolder could claim that he didn't know about the event, and blame overzealous mercenaries. Indeed, the ex-Crimson Dawn pirates he had hired, well, they were ruthless. One, a Zabrak by the name of Freff, was in charge of this particular group on the approach from Oba Diah. The Force resonated within him, and it would be that which woke Hekate and her children first.

He held out his palms. "Peace, Sister of the Night."

Between them was an energy field; they were in the brig, but coupled with a floating medical droid.

"I apologise for the abrupt manner in which we met, but I only took this job to meet those who were whispered to be Sith."

TAG: @Nehru_Amidala
    ---
    IC: Darth Insipid

Floating

And so off he went, channelling himself to another avatar.

There were options, after all. He had historic tethers with Aryan Graul, with Kronos, with Helinith.

But none of them were his choice.

Not now.

He stood in a nondescript place now, and drew a Black-Coat over him; it wouldn't do for Azathoth to overhear...

Nor Vicrul.

"They know about the Keys. Bellorum and Aryan resonated with the Scepter of Sistros, as you expected."

Wapoe turned to look back at him. "Of course."

"Braata and Sistros would."

The original Black-Coat turned back to the Holocron in his possession. "I found Ashmet."

"Ashban?"

"The name of the Darkness that was tied to Manticore; via Anguish."

"Ah, the Miraluka/Zabrak bloodline. Does it's host know?"

"That he was once Jin Long?" A shake of the head. "No."

"Does Balance know?"

"About his friend? He doesn't, but he will."

There was silence between them.

"Bellorum has recruited a group of Imperial Knights to the Sith," Insipid said.

The Master stayed still for a moment, as if looking at something far off.

"That's not my problem."

"Do you not need Protectors to prepare for the Destructors; for the Darknesses?"

"The Destructors are already here; they followed you."

Insipid's chest tightened. "The Old Ones were kept from this reality. At the Battle of Bedlam; we closed the Last Gate. We've accounted for most of the Keys; the Darknesses won't get them again." His tone grew harsh. "The Scepter of Ragnos, it'll be destroyed soon. The Darkstaff; it's gone. The Sistros Scepter, it is in our possession. The Lightstaff -"

"Ahsoka Tano has that," he demurred.

"Surely we can trust her with it."

"Can I trust you with the one in your possession?"

Another pause.

"Ike is going to remember."

"Arb wants him to; wants your house-of-cards to crumble."

"Great," said Insipid. "Can't we replace Ike with another from the Twilight Timeline?"

The Master snorted. "You focus on the Jedi Knights in your midst."

"Imperial Knights," corrected Insipid.

"Did I stutter?"

With a twist of his face, Insipid abandoned this body; this avatar.

TAG: No-One
    ---
    IC: Ormes Apolin

Coruscant, Coronation Chamber

The Kuati Senator looked positively carnivorous as the Imperial Knights grouped with him.

The silence dragged, but not for as long as he had expected; the first moment of introduction was always a tense one.

Walce was as succinct as he had expected.

“I’ve never really been the subtle type.” He had finally spoken with a shrug. “You want someone beat up or removed from the equation. I'm your guy.” A hand-flutter that would not have looked out of place on Darth Insipid. “Grand scheming and such is better left to the professionals.” With a wide grin Walce leaned back against the wall. “If you like however I can offer you what wisdom I do possess.”

Cera Tan remained blank-faced, and it didn't speak of her heritage and the recommendations that Ormes had received of the woman. But perhaps she was merely sizing them all up. Fair; he was a Kuati Senator - a New Republic representative - hanging around on Coruscant, the capital of the defeated Galactic Empire. Ostensibly part of the caretaker government that the New Republic had set up to ensure that Mas Amedda didn't get into trouble, I think almost everyone on Coruscant realised that he was merely here to turn as blind an eye to the sudden disappearance of the Imperial Senate - for their own protection, it was said - and the coronation of the Emperor and Empress Graul.

Aveline was just as circumspect, but she did fold her arms, and that was about as close to disapproval that he expected she would get to. Ormes smothered a snort, but in all likelihood they would all sense his derisive emotion; he was an open book, after all, and his desire to make the Empire great again was overwhelming. To have a do-over, and distance the Empire from the madmen like Tarkin and Vader.

Madelyn Linnett was an interesting one, but her story would come over time. A former Emperor's Hand was enough to warrant a space here. She was also of the darkest countenance out of the four gathered here, at least to Ormes. She was silent for the moment, but Ormes wasn't sure as to what passed through her mind; she seemed distracted, with a dozen other thoughts on her mind.

He didn't care, not immensely. He only cared for results.

Smiling at Walce in a self-depreciating manner, he spoke.

"The Galactic Empire lost the war," he started firmly.

"I know that we've been allowed a territory in the Core and Inner Rim under the Galactic Concordance, but the rest in the north will be carved up within years. Even if most of those sectors have already seceded from the Empire, setting up their alignments and fortress worlds, the New Republic will annex them all eventually, and their hoarded war materiel and wealth won't make any difference."

He looked concerned. "Even the systems we have been allowed, they aren't loyal. Commenor overthrew its Moff, and Rendili has refused to take Imperial contracts. The others, Humbarine, Tinnel, Denon - they're important, but in the C-list of Inner Systems." He wasn't lying there. "Coruscant here is isolated - the New Republic have the administrative section tied down, while we accept the parts that haven't been too battered by the Imperial Civil War."

He sniffed. "So we need to ask the question - what makes us Imperial? Is it our anti-Jedi stance? Our High HuMan Culture? Our Star Destroyers, or Stormtroopers - most of which are forbidden by the Galactic Concordance - by the Pax Imperica? Our dedication to Order, at the expense of our very souls - the Death Stars, the other superweapons gestated by the Empire they were designed for genocide, and the galaxy punished us for it."

"And then we need to ask the next question." He adopted a dangerous glint to his eye. "Will we lose the next war?"

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @TheSilentInfluence, @ConservativeJedi321, @Corellian_Outrider (singles)
    ---
    Heading to Atrisia

Soliloquy had no loose ends left to resolve, per se.

His apprentice, Shimmer, well, she was as independent as they came, and though she woke from Iudex's bed after his chat was finished with him, the woman wasn't overly concerned if she'd missed out. The two of them had already talked it out, after all, especially when Shimmer completely disregarded her masters instructions and shacked up with the Falleen. Iudex could only say no so often to her wiles.

Really, Shimmer spent most of her time worrying that Iudex had lost his guiding star. With the deaths of the Acolytes of Beyond - the Knights of Ren - she was very sure that some of the fire had gone from him. His connection with the Sith had been one of convenience, and though he was now a Lord of the Circle, she wasn't sure if Insipid had done that purely to keep him around...

Shimmer buried those thoughts as she waved off Soliloquy, as Bernael and Azathoth joined them, finished with whatever business they'd had the night before. Hekate had left them, heading back to the Hapes Cluster, but she hadn't expected to be able to tell that Insipid had left Azathoth. Something of his double-presence in the Force had vanished.

Standing in the hangar, she peered hard at the younger man and quipped. "So, we're going alone?"

They did have Bernael and Iudex, so she wasn't overly concerned. If it had been just her and Azathoth, she would have more worried.

In the meantime, Soliloquy had his freedom, as he was often given - his return to his home planet to breed, his explorations of surge coral planting, his experiments and mastery of Sith history. As a Croke, he was unique in the Sith Order, and Insipid knew that the age of the creature was such to make most of their tribulations seem simple. But the Sith Lord had faced down Mggnal-Mggnal three times now and defeated the God of Rot in detail; he was to be respected, even if he was not one of their Sith.

So he was free to pursue the Atrisian connection to Exegol however he saw fit, and whatever business he had in the interim, well, it was his. He had the sum total of Insipid's Holocron's knowledge on the history of the Sith, and Insipid's own personal history, including the baubles of information about Essence Transfer, Celestial Instinct, Doubt Shroud and of course the parentage of Azathoth. The child wasn't in the Holocron, which of course leant the birth to being a secret, but Darth Ardeur had been sacrificed to allow Insipid to escape a Rakatan Mindtrap so many years ago - and an old, dead timeline ago.

How he chose to go, well, that was up to him.

TAG: @Shadowsun, @darthbernael, @Silvertough (combo), @Mitth_Fisto (single)

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Coronation Room, Courscant

"No!" Madelyn half- shouted in response. The intensity in her tone scared her for a moment, and she looked at Senator Ormes with determination. "We can't lose the next war Senator. We can't lose a single battle from here on out."

She took a deep breath. "Our enemies are anyone and everyone who are against us. We have to deal with them accordingly and quickly. We can't take a single step back or towards mercy for anyone." She paused. "Our dedication to the cause is what helps make us Imperial, but our loyalty makes us even more powerful. It's not the time to betray each other if we want to crush the Jedi, Rebellion and New Republic." Madelyn growled out, angry.

She looked to the others, "I will do anything for this cause. We didn't become Imperial Knights just to laze around. We're here for a reason."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral @ConservativeJedi321 @Corellian_Outrider

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Walce Quia-Vis

The passion from the Knight with a scar gave Walce pause, though only for a moment. He shouldn’t be surprised by the vigor of his compatriots, though he did not know them especially well it made sense one of the first traits the Emperor and Empress would look for when recruiting their guard would be loyalty and commitment to the Empire in its purest form, however one might define that.

Which made Walce himself feel like somewhat of an outlier. In truth when looking at his life from an outsider's perspective the only clear indication of his loyalties would be his mother.
    Magti Zepis Quia-Vis had been an early supporter of the Republic's transition into an Empire, and a professed loyalist of Palpatine's reign during her time as Governor of Borosk.

All the same, anyone with enough resources could probably discover his father's former allegiance to the Church of the Force, and sympathy for the Jedi if they tried hard enough. Despite mothers' best efforts to cover them up. To be fair Etern Quia-Vis never made much of an effort to blend into Imperial High Society on those few instances he traveled outside of the Governor's mansion. Which certainly would throw Walce’s own worldview into question if they had dug so deep, and he had no doubt that they had.

But to answer the Senators questions, it was his mother once more that came into focus. As Walce grew up she had offered him many platitudes as to the purpose and intention of the Empire: order, unity, direction, and a chance to be part of something greater so as to improve the state of the galaxy as a whole, not merely the wealthy elite. Naturally with his father speaking in his other ear these words felt shallow at the time but still, something in them rang true. After all it was similar rhetoric that had prompted him to join the Imperial guard. He hadn’t expected to be picked at the time, but looking at his companion's dedication to the cause, a part of him wanted to internalize it. To look beyond the meaningless words and discover the reality that prompted them to have such conviction in their beliefs.

He would never actually articulate any of this to them of course. Outwardly he held his composure, raising an eyebrow at the outburst but forcing a slightly bemused smirk at the same time. He wanted to contribute to the conversation, but would rather have something of substance to add, rather than those words he felt so insincere on his tongue. Looking back, he found some inspiration from a speech given by one of his mother's guests at one of those very banquets he had been thinking of a couple minutes back. “Fear can be a powerful motivator. Give people a reason to check under their bed at night, any reason it doesn’t need to be a logical one, and millions will come crawling back, clamoring for the good old Empire to protect them from their shadow.”

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral, @Corellian_Outrider, @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  15. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    OCC: Thank you, Darth Bernael for your cameo contribution as Master Sabel.

IC: Blue Deck’nd

LOCATION: Coruscant Traffic Grid en route to Coruscant Pediatric Hospital in escort of Empress Graul, Mellowing out Spirits Stop en route, and Coruscant Pediatric Hospital

All had settled into a delicate quiet as the entourage continued through Coruscant’s morning skies. It was clear the cortege was meant to blend in with traffic. The guards and other security were not on show. Sabel’s words upon her leave taking went round and round in her mind. She understood why he’d sent her, though she could not quiet an underlying concern that his words did not satisfy. Still, she understood his reasoning.

Yet, that feeling of an impending collision gnawed at Eiras’ mind. Like the feeling of tearing toward a gravity well and unable to turn from the peril, this sensing made Blue catch her breath-she felt an unexpected deviation approaching ...to the left! The present, Eiras, the present, she silently admonished herself-She’d already tried to interpret and relay her concerns credibly and that had resulted in an existential conflict of egos. Abruptly, their car rolled up and pitched down and to the left.

There it was! This confirmation of her sensing did nothing to calm the feeling she had been having. Eiras peered out of the sky-car as a metallic voice announced, the Empress’ vehicle was “taking the lead” and “escort will follow.” Then, close after, all of the knights’ commlinks opened on a dedicated channel, the Empress’ own voice saying, “we need to make a quick stop, so please keep up.”

They’d dropped 3 levels down before coming to a stop at which the hair on Blue’s neck stood up. Discretion! She reminded herself. Standing, Blue would be ready to move if necessary, poised to act as she surveyed the busy area from the car’s windows, her gaze following the one called Ike as he entered a shop and returned with a bottle and glasses. Blue raised a brow and glanced at the other knights. She could not surveille the opposite side of the vehicle, but from her perspective, nothing gave her any sign they were watched more than expected for such an entourage. Upon the Imperial friend’s return, they’ sailed’ swiftly and shortly arrived at their destination.

To her surprise, the Empress addressed the four knights, making comment that the stop could not have been avoided, and adding, as they all took up guard position, that there would be a security meeting the next day, adding that they should “take charge of things,” and commenting on her sense that arriving at the front entrance as they had seemed reckless.”

It was a relief to hear the Empress say so, it did help relieve some tension, but again, Blue felt herself experiencing everything moments in advance. She had to concentrate not to do so. It was important to be in the present, to react as all unfolded! The walking, a tug, a child whimpering, a crowd, hands reaching... Her heart pounded in her ears as Blue walked in formation with the other knights, her helmet still in her arm, the Empress’ actions, particularly with the children indicative of the need to be approachable. As her Master said, "Remember Eiras, these are not Sith alone but politicians, which means they know how to play to the crowd, hiding the durasteel gauntlet inside the velvet glove." She would watch and learn! There were so many levels of action at play in this deceptively simple outing!

The grandmother, the Empress offering sweets, thanking the children...all unfolding as Blue had felt it in her mind, time seeming to telescope. Again, the Chiss scanned the staff and patients, all children. There was an adult here and there, in addition to staff, but children and visiting parents, siblings. The Empress greeted and was introduced to many. She smiled. Blue tried a smile too. The Empress' actions were what Sabel would call, "gracious." What had seemed a straightforward task was in actuality, demanding, particularly when one’s mind raced ahead in 3rd sight! Yet, everything was developing as Eiras was feeling it and while the Empress herself looked about several times on the tour, she nonetheless conducted herself in a poised manner, calm, serene even, and ...gracious!

They seemed to have come to the end of the outing. In an open area, many people were gathered and the entourage stopped. Announcing that the Imperial couple would be funding an expansion of the hospital, her voice was strong and sure, still, the Empress seemed distracted. At her words, the hospital officials and administrators became animated. Something of import happened when the Empress had hastily written something upon a flimsy and offered it to the Hospital’s director.

Eiras heard the word “credits” at least three times whispered around them with a good degree of excitement. “I’ll be back to check on the construction and then to celebrate the opening of The Emperor Aryan Graul Pediatric Hospital for Mental Health.” The gathered suddenly surged toward the monarch excitedly, hands outstretched.

Knight Blue, her helm clipped to her belt, slipped closer to take a position at the Empress’ side, standing close and walking people back. Blue took her cue from the Empress whose gestures and attitude thus far impressed the Chiss that the Lady intended to set those around her at ease. However, judging from the large-eyed glances and the palling faces, the people found Blue’s aspect alien, despite the tight smile into which she held her lips, while the Empress was clearly more adept! Eiras would endeavor to practice more.

“Please, give way. One at a time!” said Blue, aware that not only was her pronunciation bad, but she must raise her voice to be heard above the crowd. Excitedly, the mob jostled, speaking all at once, hurling a barrage of questions, voiced like a shoal of sea lions jockeying for positions of power.

“Step back. Give way.” she said, walking the people back and scanning the crowd for weapons, flushed faces, and odd movements.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @Shadowsun @CosmoHender @Lady Belligerent @darthbernael @HanSolo29

16. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: A most enjoyable combo with @Lady Belligerent

IC Tamus
    Mama, Dada meeting, fun table!

Renn and Helinith had double checked with the maid that Empress Bellorum had provided to watch Tamus to be sure she was up to the task. With her reassurance, they had gone in to meet the Empress. Tamus had already been distracted though. He’d already sensed his friend B’orum and knew she was b’sy. But she’d left his favorite food out and he could smell it.

As he let his nose guide him he squealed in delight, she’d put a table just his size in the room and it had colors and papers and all the tools he needed to draw. Forgetting about the food, he raced over to the table. Laughing and giggling he picked up a whole handful of crayons. Ignoring whether he was drawing on the paper or the table, he pressed the crayons down, scrawling all over.

One little branch reached out, snaking across the room, where a crinkle of packaging announced the appendage grabbing the brownies, taking them to the small table, where the first disappeared into his mouth. He glanced at the babysitter, ”Red juz? Spici appa juz?”

Sonja had been warned this was an unusual child, and that had been an understatement. It’s fine she thought, because she’d raised several children, how hard could this one be?

“I have your juice right here,” she cheerfully answered Tamus. “The Empress was very specific about what you like, and look at this, Tamus,” the sitter pulled out a fluffy pillow and blanket. “She brought these especially for you, just in case you get tired.”

Tamus smiled cheerily up at the lady, reaching out for the juice. Sipping it, ”Ahhhh, gud.” he sighed.

Before he could return to his scribbling, she brought out the blanket and pillow. With a grin, he took the banket and wrapped it around himself, ”Supah Tamus!” came out in a shrill yell as he launched from the chair, racing around the room, arms spread out wide.

“Yes, super Tamus,” Sonja smiled as she took more brownies from the package with tongs. “Come and draw super Tamus for your parents? It could be a surprise for your parents when they’re done.”

Sonja opened the crate of Tamus toys and took out sheets of colorful paper and some water colors, “have you painted before, Tamus? You could paint or I have some clay.”

A happy yell escaped Tamus’ mouth as he saw the brownies. Even as he bounded across the room, leaping over the couch in one bounce, his arms were elongating reaching for the chocolate and sugar cube.

As he began to devour it, crumbs falling down from the corners of his mouth, he smiled up at Sonja, eyes glistening as she pulled out the paint. They went wide, ”aint? Colr?”

Dipping a finger in one of them, he held it up, watching it drip down until it reached his palm. With a chirp, he smacked his hand on the paper, leaving a blue impression of part of his hand and the finger as he lifted his hand once more.

“Oh, my,” Sonja said under her breath. That could easily be mistaken for a crude gesture.

The sitter shook her head as she refilled the child’s sippy cup with Bloody Mary mix, it was a highly unusual drink to give a child, but it’s what her instructions were.

“That’s lovely, Tamus,” Sonja exclaimed over the child’s artwork, “I’m sure they will love having a handprint to hang up, but let’s try something different on another sheet.”

The sitter moved the handprint image aside and sketched out a crude landscape with a tree and some flowers. “Try drawing a garden with light and clouds,” she demonstrated, “it’s very cheerful and uplifting.”

While the child worked on his drawings, Sonja looked to see what else might entertain her charge. There was a datapad with educational activities, so she laid that on the table and opened more brownies.

“Do you like playing games?” Sonja asked Tamus, “I know a boy who loves a game where you fly speeders and race around a course, would you like to try that?”

Absently, Tamus took another brownie, sipping his ‘juz’. He glanced at the drawing Sonja had made, giggling. Taking the crayons, he began to draw. At the question, he looked up, “Rass? Ahhh nah, baster, pew pew.” he intoned, making one hand into a gun shape and rocking it with each ‘pew’. ”Tamus little, no fy nu.”

Turning back to the paper and the crayons, he drew a bit more and then smiled. Picking up the paper, he held it up so Sonja could see, ”Dada n me, bad mans…all gone.”

It was a drawing of a corridor, with blood splatters, stick figure body parts and two figures, one short, one tall, that appeared almost exactly the same, ”See…” he pointed to the short figure, ”me…little kong,” Pointing to the taller, ”Dada, big kong…” And then he let loose as deep a roar as he possibly could.

“Hmm,” Sonja studied the drawing, “okay, I see what you were going for here…it’s a little abstract but I do see the severed head laying there.” Sonja studied the drawing a little more for a moment, “you should consider doing a series of these. We could scan them and create your very own storybook.” The sitter pulled out a few more sheets and placed them on Tamus’ table.

“Let me get you another brownie, sweetie, you draw some more deceased people.”

The wrapper on the brownie was being stubborn, and Sonja didn’t have anything sharp to cut the reinforced packaging. She finally gave in and used her teeth, which made the soft chocolate square crumble on one corner, “hmm, this is delicious,” she murmured as she placed the remaining portion of the brownie on a plate for Tamus.

Sonja sat down with Tamus and noticed her tongue was tingling.

Tamus smiled broadly at the compliment, ”Dank u.” he chortled and picked up the sheets, spreading them out. Just before he started to draw, he squirmed, leaping to his feet and racing to the fresher. He was in there only a few moments before the toilet flushed and he came out, ”Hada potty.”

Skipping across the room, he paused, looking up at Sonja, ”Brownees gud!” he said at the expression on her face.

He sat back down, giggling, an extra pair of arms growing and the two on each side began to draw on separate sheets. She’d suggested he continue the series and she was so nice he wanted to show her. A little yawn came, but he plowed on, drawing furiously.

“Oh, my goodness,” Sonja practically sang, “you’re really working hard now. Here,” she shuffled pages around and gave him fresh sheets, ”I’ll lay these out and we can start working on the story for each scene. You’ll have your own storybook soon.”

Sonja looked over the completed pages and realized they would need a drawing of Tamus for the back of the book, so she took some crayons and began a drawing of the child.

Tamus chirped happily as the lady gave him more sheets. Pausing for a moment, he drank more of his juice and tore through a brownie. With the sugars racing through his system he smiled up at her as she drew, before turning his attention back to the drawings. His little tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth as he concentrated, trying to put onto paper the entire trip he and dada had made, when they played on the big metal box. Another yawn split his lips but he powered on, she wanted the whole story and he’d try before he fell asleep.

Sonja completed her drawing of Tamus and she showed him how she’d captured the light on his best side. “You look a bit tired, would you like to lay down for a few minutes?”

She stacked the drawings in order and scanned them so they could be printed and bound as a book. Sonja checked her chrono and wondered how much longer the meeting could possibly go.

Tamus’ smile was a bit wan when Sonja asked. His extra limbs folded back into his torso and he nodded, ”Seepy…yes…”

He took the blanket and pillow, staggering over to the couch. The pillow was tossed at the end of the couch and he curled up head on it. He tried to settle the blanket over him, ”Hep, pwees!” he murmured as his eyes shut.

TAGS: @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Sinrebirth

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Heading to Atrisia - Eventually

Soliloquy had taken his packed bags and Blightwing and set off into the universe. Shimmer had come to see him off, waving him off on his journey. It was odd to think back on his life now. To really think on it. Born of the Kymoodon Era, the later side of it, and all that had happened to bring him forward to the very ending of a universe only to sidestep into a new one that was mere centuries from the same calamity if not for the differences. It was all so, weirdly comforting.

In a way it didn't matter what he did now. He had no world waiting for reports and truly just had to wait a few thousand years longer before one of his offspring came looking for him for more answers to the many loose ended questions he had left behind. Questions he had already found answers to. With those answers he had not a single doubt he would be alive and waiting to welcome them when they came. After all with the knowledge he had gained from consuming Insipid's holocron not to mention so many others, digestion was his largest challenge. Making that knowledge his own and working with it to master it. Then again he was an eternal fool faking simplicity to learn at the feat of native races savants when it came to the Force. Never judging his own understanding greater as to do would be to toss away potentially useful information, and tools.

So he went to the Hapan systems first. Not through the main ways, that would be foolishly wasteful of time and respect. No, no, no. He went to the far side of the Transitory Mists and waited briefly for a ship he had summoned. When it finally came out of the gaseous vapors to dock with his shuttle he was soon to exchange some minor testing materials for return to the labs, and received his requested body guards. Both were wearing concealing ooglith masquers to hide their true identities.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Due to how he had made them they had disguised themselves as Yinchorri. The disguises weren't perfect, but he doubted anyone would actually be taking that deep of a look at his body guards. Welcoming Commander's Oorta and Anor aboard he had changed his own appearance to better suit the current mission.

[​IMG]

"Right then. We all know what we are doing. I'll try going through the front door and seek understanding on Atrisia. You two will be silent observers and body guards. For this mission, from here on out, you will refer to me as Mister Barrow. Or Master Barrow if you must." the two nodded at him, both with that look of intense concentration that belies the hard workings of the minds beneath to fully grasp something. "I will continue your combat and universal knowledge training on this mission when we are in a secure space only. Alright chaps, lets try not to break anything. Just yet." he added with a weak grin as he went forward to set them on course for Atrisian intrigue.

Of course he had his own private training to try and crack the workings of Celestial Instinct and Doubt Shroud now that he had something to actually go off of instead of just a second hand Jedi Archives attempt at recording such knowledge. So it was going to be a busy trip for everyone, at least while they were in private. Although if he ever felt good enough about it, he just might get a chance to try out Doubt Shroud on Atrasia.

As for him and his ship, he was servant to the Lord Soliloquy of Hapes sent on a art and knowledge shopping trip and would otherwise keep his Force presence appropriately small and contained to fit that role with Art of the Small. It should all prove, rather interesting.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

18. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Charles Brokenborough

Hospitaltopia

The history of any nation follows an undulatory course. In the trough of the wave we find more or less complete anarchy; but the crest is not more or less complete utopia, but only, at best, a tolerably humane, partially free and fairly just society that invariably carries within itself the seeds of its own decadence. - Aldous Huxley

Decadent decisions.

A near universal set of laws of living seemed to exist among the nobles Charles had served over the decades. For one, a balance was generally maintained between generosity and indulgence.

With some, perhaps, the noble gesture absolved them of their hedonism. Placated their conscience momentarily, until the next urge arose. While others, clearly suffered no such delusions of their own true nature.

He had seen many of his fellow protectors and servants that he had worked alongside over the years become lost in judgement and gossiping because of it. Poisoned by envy or false righteousness.

The small ordinary moments of life reveal much about others.

Watching the convoy halt for a necessary stop and the companion of her Ladyship return from a shop with bottle of spirits before continuing on to their philanthropic endeavours at the children’s hospital provided such a moment.

Brokenborough quietly observed the scene as well as the expressions of his companions.

Interesting.

The Empress did not disappoint. Once inside, the public appearance and hospital ceremony proceeded flawlessly. Everyone present seemed visibly affected by her charisma and charity.

Charles was no exception.

He was equally pleased at the fluid professionalism of his colleagues once they arrived and assumed their stations. An almost instant unspoken chemistry and cooperation made them invisible and effective, which came as a bit surprising in contrast to the previous discussions that had transpired in their transport en route.

Proximity to power had a curious effect on the average citizen.

Once her Ladyship completed addressing those assembled, Brokenborough felt the ebb and flow of emotions of the people present begin to culminate into a collective surge towards her.

The nimble and observant Knight Blue was first to act on her instincts. Charles followed swiftly on the adjacent side of the Empress.

While just moments before they had been unseen witnesses to the proceedings, now their postures and demeanours allowed their royal armour and weapons to be seen by the guests to ensure order.

TAGS @Lady Belligerent @pashatemur @Shadowsun @CosmoHender

19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Cera Tan

Normally Cera would have been rather gleeful at the mention of the Empire’s misfortunes, but given her current position that meant more chaos and more death. Something she had signed up to prevent.

Before she could answer the question, the Imperial hardliner decided to reveal herself. The woman was like a walking propaganda piece. A throbbing migraine was starting to form in her head. I am too old for this poodoo… she thought resignedly.

Normally she would have sprung into action to defend the Order’s honor, but that would be counterproductive. She was no longer a Jedi, but she was not an Imperial fanatic either. A difficult position to be.

Cera was curious how that was going to play out.

Then Walce spoke, he too decided to use Imperial platitudes. The Arkanian closed her eyes for a second to steel herself. This was going to be difficult. Though admittedly she should have realized what she was going to involve herself with when she decided to join.

“The exhibited behavior and way of thinking was why the Empire failed.” she stated flatly “It was similar as to why we, the Jedi, yes, I am one.” she looked at Walce and the scarred woman. “Failed as well. Arrogance, blindness and a narrow view. Things that Palpatine exploited back then and maintained in the Empire.” she continued.

“We need an Empire that is stable but also just. I know this is rather idealistic, but still. We need an Empire that listens even to the poorest planets and sectors of the Outer Rim. An Empire that could rid them of pirates, slaves, criminals. An Empire that would help everyone realize their potential. An Empire with a vision for a better future that involves all or at least most. Unlike the Republic and Palpatine’s version of the Empire that was rotten by corruption.”

“Don’t get me wrong, where needed we should use force. Punish the ones who try to sow chaos, but not instill fear for the sake of it. And not squash for the sake of squashing.”

And with that she finished her speech.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Corellian_Outrider @ConservativeJedi321 @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  20. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Walce Quia-Vis

This sentiment surprised Walce, who eyed the Arkanian inquisitively for several long seconds. He had been aware that the Guard was open to accepting those who held steadfast to the light but was genuinely surprised that one with such convictions would actually willingly serve such an Empire. Did she really believe that she could build this regime back up, better than it was under Palpatine? He couldn’t help but wonder how she reconciled such thoughts: an autocracy that cares for the innocent and spreads justice fairly across all systems? The concept didn’t seem that far off from his mother's values, though his father would never be so persuaded. Even if the plight of the innocent may be alleviated by an enlightened monarch for one generation, what of the next? When forced to make tough decisions could they truly be trusted to consider the wellbeing of all equally? Would they receive a fair voice for their concerns?

These idea’s batted around in his head for several moments, and he really had no answers. He wanted to believe, but something just seemed off. Maybe Walce just wasn’t used to such philosophizing. Walce became a mercenary to avoid dealing with such grand ethical dilemmas, at least in part. Still, he was here now, and all of a sudden it felt like he was once again in the middle of one of his parents' arguments.

Ultimately Walce did what he usually did when he felt conflicted, put the internal monologue off for later and trust his initial instinct. “Maybe the Empire’s…” It took him a moment to recall the term “‘Tarkin Doctrine’ was just misaimed.” The Human looked to his fellow Knights for support. “His focus was making people fear him, which just prompted them to fall in line behind the rebels. Especially after the whole Death Star fiasco.”

Looking back to the Senator he hoped to drive his argument home. “Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin or whoever coulda brought everyone together by making em fear an outside threat. It worked during the Clone War. Make the Empire the solution, promise to make things better.”

Turning once more to meet the former Jedi's gaze, he simply raised his arms in a noncommittal gesture. “As it happens, I don’t entirely disagree with you.”

Tags: @TheAdmiral, @Sinrebirth, @Corellian_Outrider, @TheSilentInfluence

21. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    IC: Sam Hhat

Coruscant Hospital

Sam was uneasy.

She was uneasy about the unexpected detour, though the Empress had at least mentioned wanting the Knights to take charge of security. That was good, even if Sam still thought they should have already been put in charge.

She was uneasy while children had been brought out of their rooms to meet the Empress and Sam had overheard the Director explaining that both of one child's parents had been killed in the line of duty. Just another reminder of how many Imperial lives had been lost as a result of either the New Republic or the Empire's own leaders. Sam had nothing but sympathy for these kids.

But these children also reminded Sam of something else... Project Harvester. After the Empire's defeats in the Battles of Endor and Jakku, information started to come out about an operation by the Empire to capture young Force-sensitives and convert them into Imperial agents before the whole thing was shut down by the New Republic. Just another one of Palpatine's dark little secrets. Lately Sam had been wondering what would have happened if she had shown signs of Force sensitivity earlier. Would she have been taken from her family as a child too?

As she thought about this, Sam glanced at Knight Deck’nd. How old was the girl? Eighteen? Nineteen? Blue had to have still been child only a few years ago. Blue's age made Sam uneasy, reminding her not only of Project Harvester but also of how the Jedi used to send teenagers into battle. Their Padawans had basically been child soldiers who weren't ready in the slightest for the realities of war. Sam could only imagine what effect that must have had on some of those kids...

However, while the Empress gave her speech Sam focused on her duties and looked out for any potential threats. Just like the rest of her Knights she scanned for hidden weapons or odd behavior. Nothing could be overlooked. The life of the Empress depended on it.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @Shadowsun @Lady Belligerent @darthbernael @HanSolo29 @pashatemur

22. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun combo with @Lady Belligerent and @HanSolo29

IC: Renn, Empress Bellorum, Emperor Graul
    How to get back the Consortium?
    (The meeting takes place before the Empress leaves for the Children's Hospital)

A moment after Bellorum had finished speaking, she picked up on a vibration in the Force. The Empress quickly rushed to Helinith’s side and went to reach for the Queen Mothers wrist. Aryan might have seen the images that had crossed Bellorum’s thoughts. They were closely attuned and the vision was extremely clear.

As Helinith collapsed Renn began to reach for her but the Empress reached her first. His ‘heart’ ached as he felt the trembling in the Force, the vibrations of it centered on his wife. He felt unable to move, to think, only trembling like a true tree in the wind.

Bell keyed her comm for Cal and gave precise instructions as Helinith collapsed into her arms. The Empress eased her down to the rug as she spoke.

“Medical emergency to my office, Cal. Hurry, and use the side entrance so her child isn’t upset.”

Once Bellorum got her to the floor she checked for a pulse, it was weak. Bell slid her hand into the woman’s blouse and placed her hand against Helinith’s skin. “She’ll be okay,” Bell assured Renn and Aryan, “The doctor will be here in a moment.” After a moment Bell was confident it didn’t feel like Helinith was poisoned, “I’m not finding a toxin, did she eat today?” Bellorum asked Renn while continuing to use healing techniques on the unconscious woman.

Renn was almost rigid with shock, one appendage having grown, reaching, and laid on Helinith’s thigh. He barely heard the Empress’s words, taking several long moments until the words truly registered, ”...Yes...nothing unusual…” he whispered.

Dr. Cal Jepsun and Olag came bursting in from the side entrance with an orderly and gurney trailing them. Cal sat down a bag of equipment and started checking over the patient, Olag took over Bell’s position and she moved back to Aryan’s side.

“Renn, if you’d like, I’ll go with her to the medcenter. The doc will comm you with questions or updates, but I think your son will need you.”

Cal looked over at Bellorum, “Ma’am? If I may interject, no one will be staying with this woman, she’s in daibetic ketoacidosis, and I believe her pancreas is failing. We need to get her stabilized before anyone will be allowed in. I need her personal information sent to the Medcenter for my attention.”

Renn’s eyes narrowed and a growl came from his throat at the mention of no one being allowed in to see her. He’d begun to pull himself out of the shock that had hit him when the Empress had mentioned Tamus, she was right, he’d need daddy. His eyes took in the doctor, “Screw this up and the Hapans will hunt you for eternity, not to mention me.” came out in a rumbling tone.

Bellorum watched while Helinith was loaded onto the gurney, and the physician had already inserted an IV line to administer medications. Olag was putting an oxygen mask on her and was monitoring her vitals as they removed the patient.

Renn shook his head, watching the doctor, the medics, and his wife rushing out to the medbay, before he turned back to the Empress. Straightening and clearing his throat, trying to clear his thoughts, ”Taking back Hapes just got much harder.”

“Why has the difficulty changed, Renn? I mean, a medical issue is unfortunate, but that shouldn’t greatly change our ability to regain our hold on Hapes.”

Bellorum sat down at the table and indicated for the men to join her.

“I’m confident Helinith will recover quickly,” Bell wanted to reassure Renn, “Olag is a very talented healer, he’s one of the few my husband and I trust,” she glanced at Aryan with a look that he would understand. Olag was very important to her for repairing Aryan’s brain injuries, and although they didn’t know it at the time, he gave them their lives back. “As for a surgeon, Dr. Jepsun is your man. He’s saved the lives of several Sith in our order.”

Bell pulled her datapad over and activated the display that had dimmed white idle, “now, we were discussing where to launch from…”

Renn had to shake his head, to clear it, all he could see was Helinith laying on the floor, the doctors around her. It had shaken him, he couldn’t deny it. But the Empress was right, Helinith could and would recover, she was resilient that way. He sighed, rubbing his face with one hand.

As the display came up he mused about the two approaches that had been offered already. ”An attack from the Spine or the Reach are both viable options but could cost us more forces as well as the goodwill of some of the nobles that were on the fence before.”

He smiled wryly, shaking his head, thinking about how to explain it best. ”The worrisome part of that is that after Helinith ‘won’ the civil war she had managed to bring most of the nobles to support her. However, there is at least one that would be willing to help, I’m sure, Lady Galney, Helinith’s senior ‘Maid’.”

Aryan had remained silent throughout the ordeal. He had merely watched from afar, his eyes narrowed perceptively, as the medics had ushered Helinith from the room to tend to her medical emergency. It was all rather unfortunate, though he vowed not to allow it to deter them from their present course. Even after things had settled down and the conversation had shifted to matters of state, he had maintained his stoic professionalism.

And then his datapad chimed with an urgent message…

Pursing his lips, Aryan casually glanced down and perused the communiqué before passing it across to Bellorum. He studied her for a moment under a hooded gaze, gauging her reaction as he noted the set of her jaw and the slight crease in her forehead. Their bond stirred with her initial reaction—however, he didn’t need to tap into that intimate space to sense her urgency. It was quite apparent how they had to proceed.

The Emperor reached beneath the table and gently squeezed Bell’s hand before leaning forward to address the Neti. "I’m afraid there’s been a change of plans," he began mildly, his voice bereft of all emotion. "I’ve just received a report from our intelligence agents that the Hapes Consortium has fallen into disarray. Prince Isolder has taken advantage of the military reforms established by General Astarta and Admiral Tominsi to reclaim the system. He has sealed off all entry points and declared their independence."

Aryan canted his head as he folded his hands upon the table. "You do understand that the Empire cannot directly get involved with Hapan politics…" Raising his brow, he allowed the full extent of his words to sink in. "Under these circumstances, they no longer recognize Helinith as the ruling monarch; they will appoint a new Queen Mother and move on."

Renn thought through what the Emperor had said. His initial reaction was to smile softly at the thought that Helinith would be happy to not be in the position of having to be the Queen Mother, as he wouldn’t be upset at the freedom they would now seem to have at not being the Hapan rulers.

And then a pang hit him. Memory caught up to his joy at being bereft of having to deal with Hapan politics. He pushed back from the table slightly, thinking about a few things. His large brow furrowed, his eyes shifting shades back and forth a few times as he did.

Finally he sat forward. ”First, yay! No more having to deal with their politics for Helinith and I.” His voice was calm and had undertones of relief to them. And then his eyes narrowed, his voice becoming as flat and toneless as his old friend Bernael’s, ”There is perhaps one issue… Prior to you both becoming Emperor and Empress, you both,” his gaze traveled back and forth from Emperor to Empress, ”kidnapped, or however you wish to put it, her and I. And promised to take care of our remaining soon to be born, children. Children which happened to be aboard Star Home...”

He sat back, spine stiff, his long dreadlocked style ‘hair’ swaying as though with a life of its own. Truly not upset at the two before him but they had promised and he had a feeling that his wife would remember what he’d just brought up, as well, after she found out about the Hapans having successfully retaken the Consortium. And would have been upset if he hadn’t brought it up prior to her awakening.

“We’ve been planning on discussing this with you and Helinith, when we had more information,” Bell took a drink of her tea and moistened her lips, “we had been in contact with Star Home, and had confirmation that many of the hatchlings weren’t viable.” Bell hesitated because she couldn’t bring herself to use the term halfbreed. “There were deformities that kept them from living more than minutes.” Bell poured a cup of tea and slid it over to Renn, she picked up a crystal decanter of amber liquid and placed it beside the cup in case he wanted something stronger.

“We only received one more update, and it was to inform us that the condition of one sprout was promising. A neonatal specialist was to be consulted and we were waiting for that report…” Bell swallowed and glanced at Aryan, “contact was lost with Star Home. They reported contact with a fleet belonging to a Warlord on the edges of the Hapes Consortium. They were grievously outnumbered and Hapes refused to assist, we do not know the current location or status of the ship. We have agents looking for it, and bounties have been posted offering a substantial sum for the safe return of your offspring.”

Renn’s eyes darkened, not in anger, but in grief. ”Last sons and daughters of Ryyk…four thousand years…my fault.” he whispered. He opened the decanter, turning it up, draining it in one swallow. He wanted to slam it down on the table but it was the Empress’ and he wasn’t going to break her property.

His eyes burned as he looked back up at the Empress and Emperor. ”I’ll…I’ll tell Helinith. When she’s feeling better. Please…she deserves that…” he told them, grief in his tone.

Glancing at the decanter, ”Really wished that worked, all I get is the sugars and starches from it.” Eyes turned back to the pair before him, ”Well…we’ve lost our positions and now lost…seedlings I’ve held since Ryyk fell. It doesn’t seem that either she or I have any importance for either of your plans…anymore.” he said, wearily.

Bellorum sighed softly, “we wouldn’t dream of mentioning this to your wife,” she assured the Neti, “but, keep in mind that we are looking for that ship. It could be recovered with the nursery undisturbed, so I encourage you to be positive for both your wife and son.”

Bell glanced towards the door leading to the outer office where Tamus played and waited. “You’re aware that your feelings will be picked up by the child, and he will worry, you don’t want that.”

The truth was that they did have something that they needed Renn and Helinith to handle. Bell had questioned Aryan through their bond asking “are you thinking—?” The two had been discussing the current situation there and had been gathering intel to make a decision. Aryan squeezed Bell’s hand and agreed, she closed her eyes for a moment, ’it was meant to be, politically we have no choice but to let Hapes ruin itself, this place is in play and we must grab it up before anyone else notices.” The Emperor had received an urgent message last night just before turning in, and he had shared it with his wife before setting it aside to work out how to proceed. Now, the issue had possibly solved itself.

“Renn, we have an assignment for you and Helinith, it will be difficult but you managed Hapes well, so I believe this is the logical place for you both to take on. You go and be with your son, comm Dr. Jepsun and check on your wife. The Emperor and I will be checking on her as well.”

Renn went stiff for a moment, as his emotions swirled, before the shadows in his eyes disappeared, the Empress was right, he had to bury his worry and grief, for Tamus’ sake. He nodded, ”I will do just that, and wait to find out what you have for us to achieve.”

Standing, he sketched a bow to the Empress and Emperor, before heading out to the outer room, thanking the babysitter, gathering up his sleeping son, the book that the babysitter said Tamus had made, and headed back to the quarters that were the family’s. On the way he lifted the comm, contacting the Doctor, ”What news do you have of my wife?” he asked, after introducing himself.

TAGS: @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @darthhelinith

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  23. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC Just some simple guard duty between @Silvertough @HanSolo29 @Lady Belligerent and myself)

IC Will Tyrell, Arthur Donvoy, Aryan Graul
    Coruscant

It was a odd place for a man like him to be. William Tyrell, the scion of the Tyrell house, Ranger of Killia IV, and now Imperial Knight, checking packages for possibly deadly material. There was no doubt many messages on his datapad informing him of his assignment, likely other threats but, he had a distaste for the device. It was all so in tangible. These missives came in but, he could not hold them in his hands, and the immediacy of them was alarming. Instant communication was both a useful thing no doubt but being in constant communication and available at any hour of the day was uncomfortable. He was a knight and a guardian so he would do his duty but, it was still an adjustment for him and likely one he would never get accustomed to.

"Aye Mam'," He replied giving a formal bow as he was taught to do when receiving an assignment.

He walked with his counterpart towards the Mail room fighting back a smirk. All these droids and scanners and they still rely on flesh and blood to check their parcels. If this wasn't busy work Will wasn't sure what was. As he moved towards the door he put on his helm that covered his face, it was stuffed with more wires than the entirety of his home planet surely it would protect him from whatever was hidden inside these dastardly packages.

He took the first box, it seemed rather thin and rectangular. Shaking it he didn't hear anything rattling around. Reaching around to his back he withdrew his Staig Lance, the symbol of his station as Killian Ranger, and ran the blade along the adhesive holding the box together. From noble weapon to humble letter opener, quite the trip.

Inside he found a simple natural wood cutting board, though oddly there was a perfectly shaped bite mark on the lower right hand corner of it.

"Guess someone got impatient." He said holding it up to his comrade in arms.

It was a strange sensation, to be standing upon the mighty ecumenopolis of Couruscant again. So much had happened since his forced departure, and yet, so much remained the same. Men and women wreathed in gilded fabrics still prattled about the streets, waltzing past the odd Stormtrooper or two completing their rounds. How did they feel, Arthur wondered, guarding the same streets so many of their brethren died protecting such a short time ago?

Their deaths were necessary for the Empire's rebirth. In times of great crises, when morale was at an all time low, such measures were not only necessary for stability, but critical. That was the lesson Palpatine had tried to teach an undeserving Galaxy after his death, after Arthur's greatest failure. So to find himself standing within the Imperial Palace once more, clad in tough crimson armor, being directed by the Imperial Head-of-State?

It felt downright nostalgic.

Arthur simply nodded in response to Aston's command, his visage hidden behind a crimson faceplate. His tongue had remained still ever since he returned to Coruscant, save for when he affirmed his allegiance to the Galactic Empire. Such words carried with them the unspoken vow to sacrifice every ounce of his being to protect his Masters, no matter the cost. Such was the way of a Royal Guardsman before, and now it would remain the same as an Imperial Knight. He had failed his vow once, with Palpatine. It would not happen again.

So if his Masters asked him to confirm the contents of mere packages for danger, he would leap at the opportunity.

Arthur accepted the odd cutting board with an open hand, scrutinizing the bite mark for a moment before setting it down besides him. Turning, he picked up a second box. It was circular, no bigger than a dinner plate in size. Arthur slide his hand over the object, feeling for any deviations in texture that would raise alarms. Finding nothing out of the ordinary, he opened the box in a single motion.

In his hands he found himself staring blankly at a printed image of what appeared to be be two smiling Imperial Admirals each giving the viewer a thumbs up. Beneath them, in crude Aurebesh, read the words "Keep up the Good Work!"

He blinked, tilting the image so Will could take a look at it before he set it down with the first box. "Moving on.." He muttered gruffly, reaching for another box.

Will couldn't help the smile underneath his helm as he gazed upon the print, it was nice that the people were sending messages of support to the most powerful and deadly beings in the galaxy. They were giving them congratulations for their work. It was precious to think of this being sending this item to a being that could literally wipe their planet out with a thought-on their own mind you- and thanking them for their good work.

As Arthur moved on so did Will. The next package was large, surprisingly so. It stood a good few centimeters over him.

"How much would you think it cost to ship this?" His asked his terse partner. Closing his eyes he held his and to the outside. The force permeated the object passing through it and inside Will could sense many items. Furrowing his brow he found a small step ladder and climbed up. Again opening it with his lance he couldn't help the giggle as he looked down to Arthur. "Quack..." He called out as he tossed a small, brightly colored, rubber, water fowl. "Quack..." He said again tossing another one down "Quack..." A third left his hand, before he stuck his arms up to his elbows inside withdrawing armfulls of these cheap rubber ducks. "quackquackquack..." He gleefully tossed them everywhere. "Well, at least the privies will be well stocked with diversions."

"Too much. Yet they continue to demonstrate their love for the Empire." Arthur replied. He reached out with a hand, mentally guiding the tossed collection of waterfowl to fall into a more manageable pile. He was only mildly successful, and watched in mild disdain at the rubber toys bounced across the room in spite of his use of the Force. Something to work on later.

"Yet I admit.. The purpose of these ducks illude me." He quickly added, observing his next closest box curiously. It was entirely made out of wood to begin with, and old, if the various pockmarks and scrapes were anything to go off. Arthur cautiously knelt before it, making a mental note on how heavy the thing appeared. Nothing about the box raised any suspicions from him, save for it's wooden appearance. Either it had simply gotten lost in transit for a fairly long time, or someone had deliberately chosen the aesthetic. Either way, Arthur's job wasn't to critique the Emperor and Empress' gifts, but to simply catalogue them.

Unable to find an obvious unlocking mechanism, Arthur retrieved a knife from his boot. Achingly slow, he inserted the tip of the blade into what appeared to be the crate's lid, and began shimmying it back and forth along the perimeter of the lid. Satisfied in the knowledge that the crate wasn't hiding any hidden explosives, Arthur finally cracked open the crate. Inside lay six ornately gilded vibroblades, each individually wrapped in what appeared to be silk of some kind.

Arthur let out a low appreciative whistle, before replacing the lid of the crate. "We appear to have found the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to the value of the gifts." He murmured, glancing upwards towards Will.

There was a slight bug eyed expression on Will's hidden face as he looked down at the ornate weapons. There was enough gold on just one of those weapons to feed 4 families for a week and yet here it was being poked and prodded by two glorified security droids.

"Must have cost a lifetime's wages to make and they just give it away." Will just shook his head. Coming down off the ladder he looked through the last few boxes, nothing much exciting though there was one object that Will was in no position to even guess at it's function, nor why it vibrated. Finding it unthreatening he set it off to the side to be cataloged later. Soon he made his way through his half...or at least what he thought was his half of the collection and looked to his partner.

"Well, that's me cleared up. How fair you? Ready to take our posts?"

As he walked to the door Will smoothly guided a rubber duck to his hand and brought it up to his face plate.

"I dub thee...Sir Duckington." he said before secreting it away into his belt.

Arthur tilted his chin towards his comrade, finding the man's displeasure at the obscene display of wealth almost endearing. But he moved on, finding little else of note. No secret explosive charges, no tanks of poisonous gasses, nothing. All that remained were simply gifts. It was almost disappointing.

He rose from his kneeling position just as Will descended the ladder. "Cleared and catalogued on my end." Arthur said with a nod of his head. Frankly he was looking forward to standing guard. It would give him time to center himself, to gather his thoughts. Privately, he wondered what exactly the differences were between this current posting and his prior one.

Sure, he was a Knight of the Empire, but as a former Royal Guard, that made sense. But at the Induction Ceremony, he not only spied Aliens but former Jedi. That gave him pause. Clearly this new Empire was reforming certain aspects of Palpatine's Empire, but how much remained to be seen.

Arthur glanced once more towards his comrade in arms, an eyebrow quirked behind his faceplate. "Have you worked a Security Detail before? Senators almost always think of themselves as more important than they actually are. Don't let them walk over you."

"I have been a guard before." Will replied walking towards their post. "And if these senators are akin the nobles of my homeland. I should handle myself aright. When I was but a Squire my Ranger and myself were assigned to guard a wedding party. Us Rangers were often used for such as we ally to no house. Though the parties involved in the marriage were not of relation to my house or my that of my Ranger Robert Kilane." That was also a learning experience for the young man, at fifteen he'd yet to have hair on his face and while he'd been far and wide across the plains he'd yet to deal much with the upper crust in his position as a Ranger. He learned very quickly that much goes on behind closed doors, much that is unsightly but not rising to the need for intervention. Deals made for land, money, and support, often at the cost of the people that lived and worked on them.

He'd learned that day that he upholds the laws and traditions of Kilia, but he cannot change it, no matter how much he wishes he could. Another lesson was that...castles have many rooms, with which to have deeply private meetings with ladies-in-waiting attached to the bride-to-be's entourage.

"We are to wait here for the Senators? How many retainers do they bring with them on these meetings?"

Arthur listened closely as they walked. It was a good chance to understand what made his fellow Knight tick in person. Discovering that he had worked a similar role in the past was a welcome one. As they walked, Arthur found himself unsure of what to do with his hands. Before, a staple of his uniform was the deadly Force Pike, which was to be held in clear view at all times. A lightsaber was far more effective, undoubtedly so, but it's modest presence hooked on his belt left something to be desired.

So he simply marched, keeping his hands resting near to his belt at all times. "I am pleased to be working with someone with experience." Arthur replied, coming to a halt upon reaching their assigned positions. He turned to face back down the hall they proceeded through.

"It depends on their importance, or rather, their perceived importance. Newer Senators, or those representing backwater worlds may only have a single aide with them. Dealing with them is preferable. They have a job to do and want to get it done as quickly as possible. Others will attempt to bring a half-companies worth of retainers. For them, simply being seen attempting an audience with the Emperor is a victory." A humorless chuckle rippled through Arthur's chest. "It is often a battle in futility."

"That's how it used to be at least. It has been.. A long time." He concluded with a twinge of sadness.

Will nodded his head. He'd seen many a jumped up lord arriving at banquets with whole trains of people and nearly starting a brawl at the gate when their cries of 'My dog ate my invitation' fell on deaf ears. Those brawls would have inevitably required the intervention of the Rangers. Once again Neutrality wins the day. Though he highly doubted he'd have to lay hands on a senator that tried to see the Emperor.

"You sound as if you've done this before...Defending the Emperor. Though it was my understanding that we knights were something new. Though Not a month ago I was home burying my Ranger and becoming one myself, so you'll excuse my ignorance on this matter Kila IV is one of those backwaters...a backwater of a backwater if you must know."

Arthur let the question hang in silence for several minutes before answering. There was no easy way to put into words the conflict that raged within. How could he describe both his greatest achievement and most horrific of failures to a man unaware of the role in the first place? He sighed, the first noise from him in awhile.

"Our role is not a new idea. Simply an.. evolution of an older profession." He said softly. "It is a great honor to be afforded a second opportunity to give my life for the Emperor."

"You die the first time?" Will couldn't help his chuckle this all seemed so mad, at least from the way he saw it. And he'd take laughter over the silence that had held between the two men for an interminable time. "Well, I'm glad the great darkness didn't claim you completely. Who would open up boxes of faux ducks with me..." There was a smile underneath his helm. "So how long did you spend in that undiscovered country from which no man returns?"

The door to the office suite opened unexpectantly, rendering any further response moot as Emperor Graul crossed the threshold into the antechamber. "Gentlemen," he announced in an amicable tone, spreading his hands wide to welcome the armored Knights. "I hope things haven’t been too strenuous for you so far."

Through his security briefings, he had learned that his Chief of Staff, Aston Ess, had assigned them to what essentially amounted to 'busy work'. Searching and cataloging packages wasn’t exactly a glorious job for a trained warrior; it was rather tedious and perhaps even a bit… demeaning. He intended to rectify that before things could spiral beyond his reach. It was important to begin this partnership on a positive note.

After all, it would be counterproductive if they came to loath their new Empire…

"Why don’t you join me inside?" Aryan continued, sweeping his hand to usher them toward the inner offices. He did not wait for an acknowledgment before retreating back through the door that he had appeared from.

As he moved, he glanced over his shoulder to carry on their informal conversation. "It’s, uh… William and… Arthur, right? I’m still trying to commit all of your names to memory, so forgive me if I mangle any pronunciations. And also feel free to correct me when the inevitable slip happens. I want you to feel comfortable while we make this transition."

Reaching his desk, the Emperor adopted a more casual stance by leaning back against the edge. He then canted his head to regard the two men. "That’s why I wanted to ask you here personally before my first appointment arrives. I thought that you would like to take a moment to survey the layout, make notes, and inquire about any concerns you may have. Security is a critical aspect of this regime, and it’s pertinent that we work together to ensure the best approach."

Again, he spread his hands. "So, I open the floor to you—do you have any suggestions? Recommendations? This is your realm, after all."

"Your Majesty." Will replied as Emperor Graul exited his office. He turned his head to his comrade as their charge ushered them into his office. This all felt a little off. This is an Emperor, the fate of trillions rested in his hands yet he was welcoming in his guard dogs. Then he did the most unexpected, asked for their ideas. Again, what did he care. It all felt off, like there was some trick. Even though Will had gotten better at reading emotions, but this was a powerful sith lord, reading their emotions would like trying to read a book in a foreign language upside down. Though more exactly it would be like reading a blank book.

"Will is fine your Majesty. Your pronunciation is passable." There was a bit of mirth in his voice, if they were going to be casual, he would be as well. "As for security measures, not sure how quick it could be done, but having another mode of egress, one not clearly visible to visitors. Many castles where I come from had many secret passages to get around or out of dangerous situations."

Arthur glared silent, murderous daggers into the hallway ahead, refusing to even acknowledge Will's mocking questions with a response. He was but a boy, barely qualified enough to be considered a young man. How could he possibly understand the sacrifice required, no, demanded by their station?

It was simply impossible. Those who shared similar attitudes had been forcibly cleansed from the halls of Yinchorr Academy, always at the hands of their fellow students. Arthur had survived the trials at the top of his class, the lessons seared into the very fabric of his soul. To have such hardships not only disrespected, but mocked? Arthur stood ramrod straight, nary a twitch of a fingertip to betray the bubbling indignation rising from within. If this was to be their relationship, so be it.

As the door behind them swung open, Arthur snapped into a tight salute. Even with his back facing the individual, Arthur could tell who it was, simply by the gravitas of the aura which followed him. The Emperor.

"Your Majesty." Arthur said in unison with Will, letting a second pass before turning on his heel to follow the Emperor inside his chamber. He shut the door behind them, sealing the trio inside from any prying eyes from outside the room. He remained silent as both Will and the Emperor spoke casually to each other. It was an admittedly strange interaction to witness relative to the conversations Arthur had witnessed Emperor Palpatine have with his subordinates, on the rare occasion they happened.

"You are correct, my Lord." He spoke with a neutral inflection and clasped his hands behind his back. "Delegate. Fewer unknowns you come into contact with, less chance of an unexpected attack. The Aristocracy serves the Empire, You, my Lord. They must earn an audience."

"I would also recommend a standardized training regimen for the next class of Knights. We are but your humble tools, My Lord, you deserve the best and brightest." Arthur remained eerily emotionless as he spoke, the previous fire in his heart having vanished upon entering the room.

There was a tension in the space between Arthur and Will slightly killing the mirth the younger man had. The crack at their training did not go unmissed by Will but he held his tongue. He was still learning what was acceptable and what was not. It seemed his lightheartedness around death or more specifically the death of one of them was not acceptable. Fair enough. He still smiled underneath his helmet letting out a soft chuckle.

Narrowing his eyes, the Emperor considered their ideas and nodded his head marginally. Despite their easy rapport, he could detect a certain… dissonance between the two Knights. It was difficult to isolate the source after only a short conversation, but it was still evident through their actions—especially when Will quietly scoffed beneath his helm. It was something that he would need to keep an eye on, particularly if there was a potential for negative implications. While a healthy rivalry could prove beneficial, he did not want it to interfere with their duty.

"Some may perceive the Senate Building as an ancient edifice in its own right, very reminiscent of a castle," Aryan addressed Will’s proposal first, a small smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth. "The lower levels contain hidden recesses and a myriad of passageways. We could easily map and utilize that system to serve as an egress, so your plan certainly has merit.

"Delegation is another important aspect," he turned to acknowledge Arthur next, placing both palms against the edge of the desk as he adjusted his posture. "However, if you are to dictate my authority—and effectively act as my gatekeepers in the process—I want to ensure that you are capable of handling the task. Tell me… what do you know about Senator Fetil of Orinda?"

If they had fulfilled their obligations, the two Knights would recognize Fetil as the staunch representative of the former Imperial world in the Mid Rim. The Imperial Ruling Council had temporarily relocated to Orinda, making it the new capital of the Empire—until the New Republic had impinged on their territory and annexed it as a member state. Fetil, forever an Imperialist, continued to adhere to the old ways, even after the transition. And now, many months later, she had finally reached out to the new Emperor in a bid to discuss mutual aid and benefits.

It was a pretty standard transaction, all things considered.

"I believe Fetil is a former Vassal of the Empire who was forced to swear allegiance to another lord. Now they wish to make overtures to the new leage lord to get into your good graces? Having never forsaken their oath in the interim?" He had read the information...once he had it impressed upon parchment, or flimsi as they called it. He stood looking a little sheepishly, not that one could tell through the helmet, towards Arthur, the older man had a better grasp of this new politics, though it seemed similar to the old vassal system Will had grown up with.

Arthur narrowed his eyes for a moment as he searched his memory for relevant information. "Orinda was an Imperial stronghold for an admirable amount of time, post Endor." He stated matter-of-factly. "It held far longer than other so-called loyalist worlds, which is to be commended. It was only against overwhelming odds, and with no chance of Imperial reinforcements, did the planet formally surrender to the New Republic."

There was a faint twinge of anger evident in Arthur's voice as he spoke, a hint of deeper disappointment in what had became of his beloved Empire. "As I understand it, Senator Fetil belongs, or at least has secretly aligned herself with the New Republic's Centrist Faction. Combined with her Planet's history with the old Empire, it stands to reason that she will, at least privately, pledge her support to your cause, my Lord. It is of no surprise that old Imperial sympathizers are coming out of the woodwork to pledge their support, your Forces did just reclaim Coruscant. But I would argue caution my Lord, for it would not be unreasonable to presume that some of these sympathizers will in fact be Republic spies."

Arthur tilted his faceplate ever-so-slightly towards his compatriot, for the first time bearing little ill-will to his lack of knowledge. Galactic politics were a fickle thing, with allegiances and motives always changing based on rarely known criteria. Generally, it was all one could do to stay afloat on such matters. That being said, within the natal stages of this Reborn Empire, He, along with the rest of the Knights, would have to gain some sort of familiarity with the players of the great game if they ever hoped to succeed. Arthur returned his gaze to the visage of the Emperor, satisfied with his internal conclusion of that matter.

The comm chimed in The Emperor’s office.

Aston announced, “Emperor Graul, the Senator Fetil of Orinda has arrived early, should I—“

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Lady Belligerent @HanSolo29 @Silvertough

24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Kazan Aima
    Detours

Kazan remained completely silent during the course of their little detour. He had been pleasantly surprised by the fact the Emperess wanted to discuss security and updating it in the future. A pleasant contrast to her seemingly not wanting security whatsoever earlier. Kazan listened to the story of the child 'Rolfe' and how his parents had been killed. Such was the reality of things. Kazan was not moved one way or the other by it, or at least as it often seemed it was impossible to tell how Kazan felt or reacted to it. Though he was not here to be seen but rather unseen. Ready, waiting. A sentinel of red.

Kazan of coursed performed his duty to the very letter. His eyes constantly scanning for threats, his mind singularly focused on the mission.

Kazan could not help but shake off the feeling that something was amiss. He could not explain why he thought so or even what was amiss. But something fundamentally felt wrong.

His hidden eyes darted to Hhat, Deck'nd, Brokenborough.

And then the surrounding crowd attempted to swell around the Emperess, wishing to speak with her in some form of fashion. He formed the rear as the Blue cleared the way ahead, and the others scanned the crowd for potential threats.

What was it? The feeling... unknown and out of reach.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @Lady Belligerent @CosmoHender @pashatemur

25. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Silvertough

IC: Azathoth, Iudex, Bernael & Shimmer

Disagreement

He was gone. Insipid was gone.

That was the resounding thought that played in Azathoth's head. Insipid had sidestepped the issue of him actually leaving Azathoth altogether.

Then what was the point? Azathoth could not help but think. He was just a staging ground for Insipid? To refuel and then take off elsewhere...

It sat unwell within the young Sith, due it felt like Insipid was being underhanded and he could not understand why he would be. But what troubled him, far, far more was they he could not feel his father anywhere. It was like he had become utterly and completely silent, not a whiff of him anywhere.

Azathoth was missing something... and it troubled him greatly, gnawed away from him. Insipid said he was 'entitled' to his secrets... but these secrets... Azathoth bit on his thumb as he thought this over, trying to do his level best to not go completely paranoid as he often did when he failed to understand something.

In this circumstance, he would look rather pathetic to an outsider if they knew what he was worrying over.

He looked to Shimmer, one he had not gotten to know particularly well but had seen in passing over the six month period, who now made a quip.

"So, we're going alone?"

Azathoth even in the best of moods would have met this joking question coldly.

And he was not even close to the best of moods.

"It is news to me that you are accompanying us," he spoke with his harsh eyes then glancing to Bernael and Iudex. A brief bow to both of them. Even if Azathoth was the one driving this quest of his forward, he did not forget they were both still Circle Lords.

"Circle Lord Bernael, Circle Lord Iudex. We have isolated some potential locations where information on Exegol and its location may be kept..." he paused, glancing back to Shimmer and then back to the two men.

"It is not exactly the ideal scenario but the possibility certainly exists. Soliloquy will be looking into one possibility, while we look into Wayland, a rumored repository of knowledge Palpatine stored,"

When he said it out loud it sounded like they were grasping at straws... A place that might have been a place of knowledge that might not have been destroyed that might have information about Exegol that might also contain its location. But it was better than had turned up in the last six months.

Bernael nodded at the bow, then dismissed it from his thoughts, they wouldn’t need such things as time went on. He had noticed, when they were gathered together, that he didn’t feel his old master’s presence. It had caused him to pause, at first, but Insipid was like that, kept his secrets and his own counsel, chose when or where he would take part in things. Which meant they were without his presence in this phase of the hunt for answers.

He’d tasked what few Aran Tyr and Shadows survived to spread out, seeking what few clues were out there but, to date, there was very little in the way of evidence, Palpatine had done well to hide all knowledge of Exegol.

The corner of his lips turned up, at the mention of potentials and maybes. ”Potentials and maybes are better than no information at all. There is very little to go on, as the last six months have shown. So even the slightest clue needs investigating.”

He glanced at Iudex, before returning his attention to Azathoth, ”The three of us, well Shimmer too, have faced Gods and beings that wanted to destroy all in their path. So, I tend to doubt what we face ahead is going to be as much a complex ‘scavenger hunt’ as it seems.”

"Gentlemen." Iudex returned Azathoth's bow with a casual two-fingered salute. It had been some time since the Falleen had a chance to speak with the pair at any length, all of them having so much of their time spent preparing for what was to come. A twinge of nostalgia brought a faint smirk to his lips, but he remained silent as Azathoth and Bernael spoke. He hadn't been privy to the briefing between them and Soliloquy, so he listened intently.

But it would appear as if such a meeting wasn't as substantive as he was led to believe. Iudex stole a look at Shimmer, offering the woman a single private smile before refocusing on the task at hand. Six months ago, he would have objected to her presence, argued for her removal from the mission. But now, after spending half of a year by her side, things had changed. Maybe he was simply feeling sentimental.

"If nothing else, Wayland needs to be investigated, its contents catalogued and secured. Any cache of knowledge deemed important enough by Palpatine to hide away is too dangerous to ignore." Iudex's voice was stern as he gaze shifted between the two men. Something about this, them all being here again, was rubbing him the wrong way. Maybe it was just buried anticipation for finally getting back to work, maybe not. Either way, Iudex couldn't ignore the desire welling up from within to get moving, to leave behind this blasted planet.

"The Force is agitated once more," he said after a moment's pause, clasping his hands loosely behind his back. "It would be best if we were to depart sooner, rather then later.."

There was, however, a chime.

On all three of their comms.

A message.

The path to Exegol starts at Nyssa.

And that was that.

It was a worrying message for a few reasons but chief among them was that the Exegol mission was only known to a handful of Sith - and their encryption had been a mixture of the Empire and Hapan's best. It was anonymous, too, and their comms would be unable to trace it.

An inquiry into Nyssa would reveal an ancient order of assassins that had dwelled there; Sith assassins, known as the Mecrosa Order. Over a millennium ago they had even taken down a Dark Lord of the Sith who had encroached on their domain.

Azathoth's eyes narrowed at the message. The short seven-word message had near endless implications. Chief among them was that there was some entity or group that could not only hack into their comm system but also had knowledge of Exegol and presumably where to find it.

Then there was the more harrowing implication that there was a spy amongst the Sith. Such a prospect unnerved Azathoth. He had gone through each of the Sith he had met and would have known about this information. Such information was sparse but each of them had ties to the Order, to Insipid, going back years, decades even hundreds of years. The prospect of one of them...

Focus.

He had to tell himself. The issue of a spy was lesser than that of the issue of Palpatine. But it needed to be noted, and even greater caution would need to be taken than before. He looked toward Bernael and Iudex. At that moment he made it a personal policy not to communicate the details of their mission to anyone other than those two.

And well Insipid of course.

If he ever resurfaced.

There was one last major implication. The fact this entity had contacted them meant that there was indeed at least something of import on Exegol, even if it was not a plotting Palpatine.

That was granted if this communication was even true, it was certainly possible that the entity that sent this message knew of their mission and had reasons of their own to throw off their search. The issue being there was no way to verify this information without actually going to Nyssa. And there was a high probability that a trap had been set up there. Taking out two Circle Lords and the Emperor's Son in one fell swoop would be a boon to many groups that wanted to see the fall of the Sith Order.

His twin eyes looked to the two Circle Lords.

"It is crucial that this information and all future information in relation to the conquest of Exegol remain hidden, known only to us and Emperor Insipid,"

He gazed down, playing the message in his mind again.

"A trap or genuine?" Was all that he asked of them.

"A genuine trap." Was all Iudex intoned, a thoughtful look on his face. The possibility of a spy within the Sith's ranks wasn't anything new. In fact Iudex found it surprising that there were so few spies operating within Insipid's Order, or at least ones finding success. But if the range of emotions swirling around Azathoth were of any indication, this was dangerous news indeed.

"I was under the impression that information surrounding our mission to Exegol was to remain hidden from the beginning." He said, casting a sidelong glance at Azathoth. "But ultimately, this recent revelation changes nothing. If anything, we have simply been offered a chance to skip some steps."

As Lord Hunger had so eloquently put it, the quartet had emerged victorious against all sorts of gods and demons set to destroy them. Was this a trap? It was almost guaranteed. Was Iudex concerned? Not particularly. In fact, the opportunity to put his recent training to the test so quickly was rather an exciting prospect.

Iudex turned to look at Shimmer, an eyebrow raised. "If you have anything of note to add, speak freely." Of course, she was the only one outside himself, Lord Hunger, Azathoth and Insipid who was aware of their mission. He narrowed his eyes for a moment, before a shrug squashed such thoughts of betrayal.

If she were the spy, he doubted she would have volunteered herself to walk into the trap with them..

But then, maybe that was just sentimentality clouding the obvious.

"It is," spoke Azathoth regarding the hidden information. "However other than us three, Emperor Insipid, Circle Lord Soliloquy, the Emperor and Empress Graul, Shimmer, Ike, perhaps Darth Hekate all know about the mission " he cast a glance to Darth Bernael, he had indeed mentioned the Exegol mission to Hekate although Azathoth did not know this merely only suspecting.

"Only those assigned to the mission and the Emperor that approved it should be aware of all future developments." He glanced to Iudex for a moment. Azathoth's own internal disgust for affection almost bellowing to the surface. Shimmer as far as Azathoth had been informed had not been assigned to this little mission, she had just sort of turned up. Azathoth was leading the mission, after all, he glanced to Shimmer.

"Shimmer, as far as I am concerned you are not a part of this mission. It would be prudent if you left us," Azathoth knew this directly counteracted what Iudex had just stated. But as far as Azathoth was concerned anything related to the mission was under his purview, any other matters both Iudex and Bernael outclassed him.

"If you do find anything out be sure to send a message to Iudex," Azathoth was not against new information, after all, he glanced to Iudex. The Falleen seemed confident, perhaps overconfident. Azathoth's caution, perhaps over-caution, stood in conflict with this, his mind slowly thinking over their next move, wondering what Bernael would have to say on the matter.

Bernael’s travels, over the years, had taken him to many places, had exposed him to many different cultures and species. That, and being the Balance’s agent had exposed him to many facts about places and peoples that gave him a depth of knowledge that many lacked, as did having a ranting shard of his Father locked in his mind.

All this crossed his mind as he listened to the others speak, heard the mentally whispered message. There were undertones, subtle variations in how the words were spoken that would, eventually, allow them to know who it was that was touching them. He shook his head, a wry smile on his face, behind the featureless mask, as he thought about the place that had been mentioned.

An eyebrow arched at Azathoth’s swift dismissal of Shimmer. No, she hadn’t been on the list that the Emperor and Azathoth had thought up but ridding one’s team of an asset that could prove of use, in ways that none of them had thought of was also troublesome.

Clearing his throat, his eyes shading from their silver to a more dull grey, black creeping in more, he glanced at Azathoth, ”I am quite sure Hetake would not have betrayed us, no matter how Sith are.”

He could see that something was brewing, in Shimmer’s experience. A short sigh, ”I am not the head of this expedition, but, Emperor’s Son, tell me, is it tactically sound to reduce the quality of the team by denying one that has unique skills? She may be just recently raised from apprentice to Underlord but, tell me, how well will she wish to assist us, assist you, if she’s buried in rage at being denied a chance to physically assist, especially assisting her beau?”

A snort, ”That being said,” he turned, facing his fellow Circle Lord, ”I do agree with Iudex. This is, most likely, genuine but also a trap. I know that place and also know their hatred of Sith. The question that is, obviously being missed, is why this mysterious ‘benefactor’ is attempting to steer us away from Wayland?”

Iudex stood maddeningly silent for several moments in the face of such direct opposition to his words. The moment festered, with the Falleen's only response being to tilt his head slightly to the side. "As Lord Hunger so eloquently put it.." He finally said with a wisp of a smile, "If you wish to deprive our party of a proven and capable warrior before we walk into what has collectively been agreed to be a trap, so be it." Iudex crossed his arms across his chest, hiding his hands inside his sleeves. "I only aim to offer wise council to the leader of this expedition."

He returned Bernael's look, an eyebrow raised. "I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question to assume that by ignoring this message and proceeding to Wayland, we would be walking into a secondary trap? Clearly someone has a vested interest in our mission and its results.."

Iudex turned to look back at Azathoth, his smile fading. "Or rather, lack thereof."

Shimmer pulled a face. She didn’t need Iudex or Bernael to speak up for her, but she appreciated it. Azathoth and his ‘high and mighty I’m the heir’ schtick was becoming annoying. Insipid wasn’t here; as far as she was concerned he was no better than her.

“If you want to cut at our group, reduce your options, team leader, then you can take it up with Circle Lord Soliloquy. He’s proven pretty defensive of slights against his former apprentice; if my training isn’t up to scratch then I’ll report back to him,” she said tartly.

A finger lifted to interrupt him. “And I’d love to put a hydrospanner in your analysis. We’ve been hunting Exegol for, what, six months? Whatever word has leaked to whomever and however, we only decided to go after Wayland a few minutes ago. So I don’t think it’s a matter of diverting us from there,” she said with some tone, “but a matter of getting our attention.”

“Yes, trap,” Shimmer agreed, “but not a trap and diversion. I took it that we were hunting people that know about Exegol, not places. If someone is using Exegol as their new hidey-hole, and if he’s Palpatine, he won’t have casually left data in an ex-Imperial base.” She glowered. “Tell me if my analysis is wrong, but this,” she hefted her comlink, indicating the message, “is a person. I’d be more inclined to spring a trap than walk around a dusty base.”

“Whatever is at Wayland will have vanished years ago, or been forgotten and still be there years from now.”

Azathoth eyes glanced from Iudex to Bernael to Shimmer to Iudex and then back to Bernael. He let out, ever so softly, a sigh, he looked to the two Circle Lords thinking for a moment. And then he looked back to Shimmer.

"Did I say I was dismissing you because you are untalented, unfit for this mission? No. I said no such thing oh wise Circle Lords..."

His attention turned back to the twin Circle Lords.

"...but when an Apprentice to a Circle Lord simply decides for whatever reason to show up to a mission that you so oh correctly put Circle Lord Iudex that they should have no knowledge of... even more so when the one leading such a mission has not been informed of nor has made any changes to the team's roster. Thus it perplexes me greatly that you both think it is even mildly appropriate no matter what capabilities this individual has that they should just be allowed to simply show up uninformed, uninvited, and unapproved. Such actions and utter sloppiness in regards to classified intel lead to the very destruction of orders and causes leaks such as these,"

He held up his comm as he spoke the last word to emphasize this point. His words were spoken with a malice-filled calm. His Sith-coloured eyes darting back and forth between Iudex, Shimmer, and Bernael. He paused for a moment, his eyes softening slightly but his words no less firm. He looked back to Shimmer.

"If instead you or either Soliloquy or any members of the Circle had approached me or Insipid and requested that Shimmer be added to the mission for the reasons you have stated now then it would be a far different story."

His eyes looked to them all. He would pass no comment on where they should go next, not yet at least.

Bernael’s eyes crinkled behind the eyeslits, the only evidence that he’d smiled at all. This was certainly a fun way for the entire mission to begin. His expression, and form stilled, almost a statue, before a dry chuckle came from his throat.

”Dry, dusty, equipment and possible archives on Wayland that, knowing Palpatime’s paranoia are filled with more traps than could be counted, or a world full of beings that absolutely despise and hate Sith, that would want to kill us the moment they see us, on the word of a voice that spoke to us exactly once to tell us that, to take its word for that being so.”

He turned, becoming fluid in his movements once more, as he faced Azathtoth. ”As you pointed out, Emperor’s Son, you lead this mission. With a pair of Circle Lords that will do just as Insipid knew we would, looking over your shoulder. So,” he suddenly relaxed his stance, a light tone of humor coming to his voice, ”since you are the ‘boss’ as it has been said, where are we going? You lead, you decide, I can tell that tone when I hear it, so where? Let's go, the sooner we do the sooner we find out, one way or the other, which was the right choice.”

Iudex stood unfazed, finding the whole increasingly tiresome. "Forgive me, I had forgotten that this was our first time starting a mission together, and by extension, your first time with Shimmer. You can object until your face turns blue, but it doesn't matter. In the end, if she wants to come, she'll find a way. Might as well prep for it." He said with an honest shrug, remaining stonefaced.

"As for our destination.." Iudex glanced between the trio. "Whatever course you decide, I'm sure our mysterious informant will inevitably adjust it to their liking. The Force is funny like that." His tone was noncommittal, overtly casual like. Truthfully, the Falleen had slowly found himself not caring about the details of such things anymore. From everything he had experienced so far with the Sith, a singular truth had made itself near undeniable. The Force had a will of it's own, what else could explain what had happened in the Akkadese Maelstrom? Sure, that will could be nudged towards a particular outcome, bribed even in special circumstances, but not controlled. When the Force wanted them to find Exegol, the path would be made clear to them.

Until then, Iudex would wait, offering his opinions when desired, his lightsaber when needed. Otherwise, this was Azathoth's ship to steer.

"As my fellow Circle Lord said, you get the honor of making the final decision, Lord Azathoth." Iudex said softly. "I have no doubt you'll make the correct decision."

Shimmer smiled at Iudex. He knew her so well. She'd stowaway, find her own ship, or anything to join up if she wanted to. That was her way. With a smirk, she looked back Azathoth. "I am at your command, my Lord."

Azathoth looked to Bernael, his address of Azathoth as 'Emperor's Son' and not his Sith name being salt to a further wound. Though Azathoth's face remained neutral. His eyes cast down to his mechanical left arm, flexing the fingers of it. All three of them it seemed had utterly missed the point. It was not about supplanting himself as the 'boss' Azathoth had no need or desire for such a thing. It was the utter recklessness, their utter arrogance that infuriated him. Shimmer was given impunity by these Circle Lords to act how she wished to, it did not matter what Azathoth said or did at this point.

Azathoth flexed his fingers. It broke the hierarchy he dreamed the Sith Order was. He felt oddly alone in this moment, the presence of Insipid gone from him utterly. One he would have immediately called upon for his advice on the matter. Not as Father but as Emperor.

He looked upward as if staring off into the distance his face placid, a swivel round to face away from them as he began to walk away. Making his way to the ship set aside for them. He said nothing.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Silvertough

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021