main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Times #9: Parallels, part 4 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 000, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    That's very nice of you, Manisphere. It's much appreciated on this end, and I've just bookmarked the site! [face_peace] Thanks so much!

2. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    I'm basically holding on to this series for two reasons. First, I'm a fan of the use of all these myriads of aliens. Second, I love Doug's art.

That said, whoever this artist is who is filling in, is not meeting my standards. The last issue looked like someone vomited on a page, and I get the feeling this one might look the same way.

3. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    No, half of the art looks like someone vomited on the page. The other half look really good. Not Wheatley good, but good.

4. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    That not true since last issue's art had that great picture of Crys Taanzer in her slave outfit. =P~

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    And he was a pretty good soldier in the CW.

6. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Come come. Let us not be crude. Chrys has looked great in all of her appearances. [face_shame_on_you]

And when do we get more Dass Jennir? I picked up the book for him and Bomo, and now I can only see half of them. Bring back Dass!

7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    How about Kai Hudorra and Noirah Na? I like to see those two again.

8. r2d2istheman

r2d2istheman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    T-minus-43 minutes to the comic shop opening. This issue looks good. Hopefully K'Kruhk kicks some ass.

9. r2d2istheman

Dec 27, 2005
    Man... Good issue. But the next one looks to be the best yet.

10. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Spoilers, please?

11. r2d2istheman

Dec 27, 2005
    They're interrogating Bomo and he fakes passing out to get them to go off and then he wakes up and breaks out of the bindings that are holding them. He leaves the torture area and then the bad dudes come back and see he's not there and they all go off looking for him thinking he tried to escape. Bomo is sneaking around and runs into Crys and she takes him to the armory since they've only got 2 blasters. Bomo is trying to figure out how to get into the armory and a henchman comes up and tries to stop him. Bomo stabs him and then Cyn shoots him and freaks out cause it's the first person she's shot. Bomo is about to use the grunt's grenades to break into the armory.

Now, the K'kruhk/younglings story line. K'kruhk has noticed the hostile troops approaching the younglings and Piru and tried to warn Piru but it's too late. Piru gets shot up trying to protect the younglings. They tie up the younglings and are marching them behind a transport. K'kruhk shows up and uses his healing powers (looked a lot like Cades) to heal Piru and she tells him that the rumors are true and that there is a bounty on all Jedi by the Empire. K'kruhk decides he must go rescue the younglings and is having Piru help somehow, even though she only has the use of one arm and sends her floating down a river holding onto a log (not sure what their plan is yet). Issue ends with the words "Next: K'kruhk and Bomo Go To War!"

12. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Interesting...looks a lot like a filler, but the next issue does seem promising.

13. Psychodragon

Psychodragon Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2008
    Did Crys look good in this issue compared to last time (#8)?

14. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    She does look a bit more like herself, but her figure is still annoyingly exaggerated in several shots.

The issue opens with Bomo Greenbark being tortured by the Ishi-Tib crimelord, whose name escapes me. Bomo fakes falling into unconciousness and the Ishi-Tib and his goonsquad depart, foguring that when Bomo recovers he'll be ready to talk. Bomo comes to and uses his horns to snap his chains. He hides in the compound. On the planet where K'Kruhk and the younglings are (the name also escapes me) we see the preview pages whith the pirates trying to take the parts from the Jedi's ship. Piru tries to stop them after the knock one of the younglings around and gets shot. The pirates realize that the kids are all Jedi and decide to sell them to the Empire for the bounties. Back on Mimban, the crimelord discovers that Bomo has escaped and throws a fit, sending most of his gaurds out into the swamp to look for him. Bomo emerges from hiding and finds a blaster, but is cornerd by an offscreen threat. On Jediworld the younglings are being lead away tied up by the pirates, and K'Kruhk returns to the camp to find Piru. He heals her, but her arm will be useless for some time. They devise a plan to save the younglings. On Mimban, Bomo finds that his antagonist is actually Chrys Taanzer, (and yep, she's still in her slave costume) and that she has also broken out. The two go looking for the armory in the hopes of getting weapons to spring the rest of the cre, but the armory is locked. Chrys and Bomo are attacked by one of the remaining gaurds (he looks like a mutant six-eyed Nitko) and there is a fight. Bomo stabs him but the wound seems to have little effect. Chrys shoots the gaurd, but seems to be shocked by her own action. She admits to Bomo that she's never killed anyone before. On Jediworld, K'Kruhk cuts down a tree and sends Piru down river clinging on to it, (this is part of the plan) while he gets his bow and arrows and prepares to go all Robin Hood on some pirate @$$. End of story.

At the end of the issue there's a hilairiously campy advertistment for the new Star Wars: Legacy miniatures that features Cade and Deliah fighting Darth's Krayt, Nihl and Talon berfore Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo join the action. Cade is not amused.

15. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Crys looks good in every issue. It just depends how much an artist wants to "highlight" her boobs.:p

Great issue though. This is an issue where a lot is moved into place for the finale but I wouldn't call it filler. I prefer K'Kruhk to Dass on some levels. Dass was the opposite K'Kruhk. Dass is really a lousy guy so that was appealing too story wise.

I'm getting much more into the series in the second arc.

16. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    We are now enemies for life.

:p

17. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    Sounds like a great story like always. :D

18. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Just finished issue...

It's nice to see they are keeping the pattern of "one up her bra size from last issue this time," going. That and Bomo are the two things that seem to me will reoccur every arc. Lol.

19. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Let me guess, all of you are reacting in this manner when it comes to Crys and her current attire - [face_hypnotized]=P~

20. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    That for sure. =P~

21. r2d2istheman

Dec 27, 2005
    If I was into drawings, I'd hit it.

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Only several shots, vodi'ka? o_O

Eh, whatever. This issue gets a gigantic "meh" from me. [face_talk_hand]

23. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Has anyone else been getting a Predator vibe from K'Kruhk these past couple of issues. It is the hair mixed with the shirt-lessness plus the tusks and the jungle background I think. Every time I see him I keep expecting the Govenator to pop up an d swat him.

24. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Don't you mean you expect K'Kruhk and the freaking sweet hat to go Rambo on the pirates?

25. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    The really important question: is Crys wearing underwear? :p

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.