main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darksaber - Thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Erkan12, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/01/28/star-wars-are-you-ready-for-the-mandalorians

It seems like a different than regular lightsaber, it is like electrical I wonder it has a crystal or not though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk, Barbecue17 and Vorax like this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well at least it worked a bit better than that other Darksaber.

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I love the darksaber. I think it's a pretty awesome design and seeing it was always fun.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The shape is interesting on the Darksaber. I bought a replica for around $13.

Marco1907 likes this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It's cool and it is canon. We now have blue, red, green, white, purple, and black. Now we need yellow and orange though we did get orange on that box episode with Dooku and that funny looking dude Eval something. The yellow, well didn't Asohka have a tinge yellowish greenish second sword? Never got confo on that one

Gamiel, Marco1907 and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm pretty sure Ahsoka had a short yellow lightsaber. And the jedi temple guardians also had yellow lightsabers.

Darth Basin and Erkan12 like this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I thought Ahsoka's shoto lightsaber ( the second one) was more of a yellowish-green as well. At least in certain lighting it looked that way.

Darth Basin and Jax_the_Admiral like this.
  8. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
  9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Lucas seems to have kept the colors unexplained, CW seems to have reintroduced EU colors but also without explanation. Yellow(Jedi Temple Guardians) and Silver(or White Tera Sinube) . Ventress will now also be sporting yellow blades apparently. Am curious over if the crystals choose what color to turn upon the user's mood and personality, sorta like the wands from Harry Potter,lol. The ice planet Ilum seems to have yielded primarily, blue and green which are consistent colors of Jedi Knights. When that scarred Ithorian youngling approached his crystal the whole place was red, then it turned.

[​IMG]

Darth Basin likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    According to Filoni, TCW Season 5 established that Ilum crystals are all colourless- and that it's other factors that determine the color of the blade:

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/20...-star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-five-part-1/

maybe one of those other factors is user's nature?

Vorax likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    When Obi-Wan used Ventress' saber it was still red.

Obviously saber color is determined by something in the construction of the saber. The user's state of mind or Force-allegiance has nothing to do with it.

Hell, why do blaster bolts come in all different colors?

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That might be what determines the colour during the process of constructing the saber though.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the dark saber is the best lightsaber ever

The end.

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I thought the dark saber was awesome, I actually made a black lightsaber as a kid (really a black wooden rod and some duct tape) and called it a dark saber so I was pretty pumped when this showed up.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Further to my earlier post, but which occurred to me after the fact, and outside of 30 minutes, which means I can't edit it into that post:

After Anakin fell to the Dark Side and became Darth Vader, his saber remained blue. It was blue when he led the 501st into the Jedi Temple, blue when he butchered the children in the council chamber with it, blue when he hacked up the CIS leaders with it, and blue when he fought Obi-Wan.

When the Imperial Inquisitor briefly commandeered Kanan Jarrus' lightsaber at Fort Anaxes, it remained blue.

When Darth Vader fired up Luke's lightsaber on Endor, it remained green.

And so on.

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In the EU red sabers were made of synthetic. Crystals.

Darth Basin likes this.
  17. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    My only complaint is it seemed like a more advanced lightsaber than the normal ones. Normal lightsabers just have one color, and is just a beam that stops at a certain point. The Darksaber though had shape, and it didn't behave like a beam. If it is from the old republic it makes me wonder why we don't see more variation on blade styles, especially for ceremonial purposes.

On the color of lightsabers and mood, maybe what is important isn't how the person's state who is currently wielding the lightsaber, but the state of the person when they crafted their lightsaber.

Darth Basin likes this.
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Kyber crystals are force attuned officially, so that imply something of the energyfield of the user or even blood of the user or both factors. Star Wars unfortunately has internal inconsistencies that havent been resolved.

Possible explanation:

The Meaning of Colors

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/meaning-of-colors.html

In an interview Lucas does state that the Sith use red cause its an aggressive color and represents their nature.

The giant Kyber crystals are apparently constantly green(so far).

Darth Basin likes this.
  19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014

Maybe it really was one of a kind and only one was ever made?

Darth Basin and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    it wouldve been interesting if they made that Ithorian youngling bring back a red crystal, would like to know how the Jedi would go about something like that.

Darth Basin likes this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I know.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/ahsoka-in-rebels.50016157/page-33#post-51828423

Darth Basin likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wow we said the same thing.

Darth Basin likes this.
  23. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Asajj Ventress's Second Lightsaber in the upcoming Christie Golden novel will also be yellow

Darth Basin likes this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Who had a White saber?

Darth Basin likes this.
  25. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    In the EU? The Imperial Knights or whatever. The guys in the red armor. Not sure if anyone in canon has one.

Darth Basin likes this.