main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Bain, Rain, and Darth Rivan: How does it all fit?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Poor Rain. She really wasn't a very lucky kid. :(

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I suppose it's possible to make everything -- JvS, BotS, etc... still fit by having Bane get pissed and Rain and killing her as soon as JvS #6 closes...

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    TPM novellization is reasonable - Maul was thinking in general terms there. We did not have to have a long lead-in of Maul thinking to himself, "Hmmmm, I will think in terms of masculine gender when referring to the Sith as an institution and this should not be a slight to those female Sith who have served our cause." Maul's a man, he'll generally think in the masculine gender. That doesn't really lead me accepting that Rain is an error.

Bubba,
    Okay - you almost gave me a heart-attack. I think thus far, WotC is the only company to refer to something called the "Sith Wars." As such, I leave it to them to place it in the timeline, unless someone else does first. I don't think it's been done yet.

4. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Sorry, Genghis. :)

But according to the TPM novelization, there is a millenium long Sith-war amongst themselves that lasts from 2,032 to 1,032: the Battle of Ruusan. I ASSUME, and only ASSUME, that those are the Sith Wars.

Nathan Butler believes that Darth Rivan settled Almas at 1,050 BBY, and was killed either just before or just after Ruusan, 1,032. I think it should be after, because then Rivan would be the second person to be called Darth, but wouldn't be Bane's apprentice.

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Dan Wallac:
    "My thought is that perhaps Rain isn't his apprentice. The end of JvS implies that she is, but without flash-forwarding several years into the future (which it doesn't), there's certainly the possiblity that any connection between Rain & Bane was something less than a partnership."

-Via chat, Matt Trias' question about about the TPM novel, J vs S, and Bane of the sith, and how they all fit together.

6. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Typical.No credit. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.