main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul Lives!? (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Savage_Oppress, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage_Oppress

Savage_Oppress Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2010
    At the end of my trilogy, it was revealed that I will be trained by my brother, Darth Maul, whom is still alive?! So, how will he be presented? Robo-legged? Will he just have a scar from 449 stitches?

2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    He'll be a crippled space hobo

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    They should play this dire fact out in the most cruel way: let him be a Sith ghost. Then the crap will really hit the fan. [face_laugh]

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    It'd be nuts if George decided to make canon and let the writers run with the whole Darth-Maul-with-robotic-Centaur-legs thing. I wonder how people who really like Darth Maul would react to that.

5. wookieesniper

wookieesniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2010
    Darth Maul fell down a mineshaft. Who knows what was actually being MINED?

Maybe, just maybe, it was there for mining oil and his fall was padded by the lake of oil. Or better still - a Water of Life mine :)

If Padawan Ahsoka can pad her fall off the 100m fortress in Landing at Point Rain by using the force, then I'm sure that Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Maul can do the same.

Having said that, I really do hope that Darth Maul is dead, and he only exists 'in the mind' of Savage or some spiritual banthacrap like that

6. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Nuh-uh! If he's still alive it automatically ruins Star Wars, duh!

7. wookieesniper

wookieesniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2010

Doh! :oops:

8. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    From the official site databank:

"A pained look of bewilderment crossed Maul's tattooed face as death overtook him. His body fell into the melting pit, splitting in two as it tumbled into oblivion."

That's official information. Maul was cut in half and fell into molten metal, thus (obviously) dying.

I will not fret over the supposed return of a living Darth Maul until I see more evidence than a frozen face in a glass ball.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    We don't know if Maul is alive from the end of the latest episode. We can only see a still frame, nothing more. Besides, Talzin could very well be sending Savage on a wild Bantha chase.

10. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Exactly. They haven't changed that, and it's been a few days since the 'big reveal.'

And given that Mother could find Savage easily on Toydaria with that glowing ball, why did she have to give Savage a talisman to find Darth? She could have said, "He is on this Outer Rim planet.'

11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It's just smoke and mirrors (or rather green mist and crystal balls).

12. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Wasn't there also official information regarding Ventress that was abandoned for the Witches-arc? Thought I heard things along those lines.

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Sure, relatively minor details are changed all the time with TCW, like the fact that Darth Maul used to be Iridonian but now he Dathomiri. Whether a character was cut in half, thrown into a melting pit and killed or not, however, is anything but a minor detail.

BTW, interesting that the databank now shows his Homeworld as "Iridonia, Dathomir". I was under the impression that he was born and raised on Dathomir now, while his species comes from Iridonia. Is the official site just as confused as we all are?

14. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Hmmm I don't remember them addressing that issue in explicit detail in the episode so yeah my guess would be they're just guessing just like we are.

15. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    The episode said he was "raised" on Dathomir, but nothing about where he was BORN. If I remember correctly, anyways. [face_peace]

16. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah that's what I recall as well, I don't think they got more specific than that.

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The episode guide pretty much blatantly suggests that the long lost brother is Maul. Is Mother Talzin lying to Oppress and conjuring Maul's image to send Savage on a wild chase? Who would the talisman lead him to then?

If Maul is alive, why didn't he return to Palpatine? Why go into hiding in the Outer Rim? Talzin says that Maul will teach Savage. Then what? Does Maul have some reason to train Savage as a third wheel that stands separate from the Jedi and Sith? It's possible that maybe he feared Palpatine would kill him for his failure, but then again how was his body retrieved and rescued. We know Palpatine was on Naboo soon after Maul was defeated, and as with Vader, perhaps Palpatine could sense that Maul was in danger, and again as with Vader perhaps Palpatine used technology to keep Maul alive so that he could survive what would otherwise be a mortal wound. But then why send Maul into hiding and recruit Dooku as his replacement?

I was hesitant about the inclusion of Maul 2.0 (Savage) but accepted it as Lucas throwing a bone to the fans who wanted to see more of Maul by including his brother who also fights with a double bladed lightsaber and could be included without contradicting Maul's death. Now it's suggested that Maul is alive (HOW?!) and in hiding (WHY?!).

I thought the Savage arc ended on the dumbest possible note. Talzin corrupted Savage and turned him into a monster to help Asajj, who Talzin always seems to regard with a certain degree of warmth. And when it's found out that Savage left Asajj for dead and that their plot against Dooku failed, Talzin sends Savage on a chase to find Maul. Certainly she must be expecting Dooku and the separatists to come knocking at her door for being in league with Asajj and plotting to have him killed, why send Savage away?

This is all just a huge mess in my opinion. I was thinking Savage would be dead by the end of the arc and certainly was not expecting Maul to survive. Even if Maul is truly dead, what could Talzin's motive be for making Savage to think that's not the case and sending him away?

I have low expectations for any further developments in Savage's story.

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Believe it or not, since I have *no* idea via spoilers or previews how that's going - I'm willing to wait and see.

We KNOW Mother Talzin's up to something. We don't know what, how she expects Asaaj to react, or Dooku, even HOW she wants anyone to react.

I find this speculation actually fun, since there's no real preconceived notion based on spoilers.

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    O RLY? :p

I think it's better to say 'we assume', or 'suspect'.

Unless I missed something.

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    More than anything, I DEARLY HOPE Talzin is up to something, otherwise her actions in this arc make no sense whatsoever.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    She will appear again. And there has to be a reason.

22. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah, I'm largely with ya on that. If there's never another word about Opress' reason for turning against Asajj that will be a huge disappointment. I'm hoping it has something to do with Mother Talzin.

23. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Agreed with both of you.

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Grr, you guys are tough. I concede.

25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey, it's alright. [face_peace]

If you have any interesting theories, I'm anxious to hear them. :)

(No sarcasm, honestly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.