main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Presumably he still has it because he used it throughout the comic, then it oddly goes missing in the last couple of panels of SOD - but it could just be time constraints and budget as the comic was rushed to meet a deadline and quite a bit of material was trimmed. At some point he was to have used the doublebladed firesaber against Sidious like the cover suggested, but it was cut. Guess we'll find out soon.

They have not been that forthcoming on sharing much about the story nor have they released a lot of concept art about the SOD storyline, so my guess they're reserving stuff for Rebels and to surprise the audience ect. Maul's later storyline for TCW season 7 or 8 has not been shared either, just a few drawings.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Didn't one of the drawing have Maul in some sort of wise looking stance, dressed in a robe?

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You know it, brother!:
    [​IMG]

I love this art.

When we had our first look at the new trailer, my thoughts immediately turned to this image. I think an older, wiser and perhaps even less... overtly evil Maul would make for a fascinating development for the character. Particularly if there is to be any future relationship between "Old Master" and Ezra Bridger.

It gets me very excited for the possibilities.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Looks like he grown into mastery of the Sith. Will be interesting what the season finale reveals.

5. beatbox

beatbox Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    Where would be have got this knowledge from?

6. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He's a Sith Lord, surely he knows where to go in search of further knowledge, such as the Sith temples of old . Also Filoni said that some of Talzin's magik is inside Maul, so likely a part of her lives on in him, plus they got the same blood and Maul's blood contains midiclorians - all of that kinda thing that adds another dimension possibly as well.

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I like that art as well, and since it wasn't part of SOD, I hope it's realized on screen. After the significant gap since Maul was last seen, I'm hoping he has become more stoic, perhaps even like Talzin - keeping his rage bottled.

8. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Please animate son of dathomir!

9. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Question: The trade collection includes parts of stories from SW Tales #s 7, 8, & 9.

I take it those are not, canon, correct? Just some fun, extra stories Dark Horse included.

Sent from my Samsung g8-Wing

10. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    No they aren't Canon, but weren't even Canon in the EU to begin with.

cwustudent and Stymi like this.
  11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  12. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love if this comic is put to the screen, especially since the return of Maul is confirmed for the upcoming CW revival. If not, I'm at least hoping to see Talzin, even in spirit form, communicating with Maul.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Username checks out.

14. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I want to see the Pykes.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just bought the graphic novel off of Amazon for Talzin's appearance alone.

Dathomir-Witch and Mother_Talzin like this.
  16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Looks like we might be seeing an animated Rook Kast for the first time:

[​IMG]

Vorax likes this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Would be cool, but it seems like Super Ahsoka will be eliminating whoever that is.:ahsoka:;)

18. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    The comic run was nicely done, and we get to glimpse some amazing depictions, but so much detail was lost when the rough animation and scripts were translated into comic form. Don't get me wrong, I bought every issue of SOD when they were originally released, and I'm glad the story was told, but I still long for the full animation and voiceovers from the great actors on the series.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It would be pretty chilling to hear the voices of both Talzin and Palps at the same time.

20. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Heck yeah dude!!!

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It'll be interesting where they land Maul in the TV series new season cuz Son of Dathmoir basically goes from Maul being captured by Sidious to escaping and the last time we saw him in the TV series was "I have other plans for you." So if you're just watching the TV series, do we see Maul's imprisonment or it just kicks off with him free again with a reference to the comic events? (maybe he got captured twice?)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    SOD is very important to Maul's story and is canon, so I don't see the problem cause it was a comic. And I think some time would have passed since that was Season 6 and this is Season 7.

The Jedi and Republic already knows Maul controls Death Watch and Mandalore and they've been in contact with the Mandalorian rebels as we found out in SOD. I don't think Maul will go on two page dialogue spree talking about the events of SOD since that is more a personal character specific arc - aside from what little interaction with the Jedi and Republic forces.

I am more curious as to what Witwer was talking about, he was referencing some major character change for Maul. I think if anything cause the events of SOD, Maul has changed considerably after the loss of his mother(and brother). I think he wanted one final showdown with Kenobi, as Maul isnt the type to grow old and die on a farm. Kenobi not going to Mandalore probably pissed him off, since he ends up having to battling an outsider who is not supposed to be there, someone like Ahsoka, which leads to that Rebels showdown years later. Maul always finds that death eludes him and he constantly comes back to rise again, to fall and rise again . Thats the cycle they put the character .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know what change Witwer was talking about, but I wonder if maybe Maul tried to forget Kenobi, Sidious and his dreams of galactic domination in favor of simply consolidating what he had gained on Mandalore and survive the upcoming rise of the Empire.

Sudooku likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah SoD is a solid story that doesn't need an extensive recap I'm just thinking it'll be an odd transition in the show from Season 5 last we saw Maul was at the mercy of Sidious saying he had plans for him and then Season 7 Maul is free again and rolling with Death Watch? That's a bit of a gap there in what the show has shown what happened with him.