main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul wasn't cut in half????....

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by darthspino, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    this man seems to be honest

So does Palpatine.

2. OX-FAN-WHO

OX-FAN-WHO Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2003
    One day you just might hear from some "reliable" source that what I said was TRUE. Remember, you read it here first.
    as for the "Waterfall" scene not being shot after the movie came out? Why would they all come back to film it for a DVD deleted scene section. It might not have been "finished" enough to put in the final version. After all, Its not like GL and company never lied before. When the hyping of TPM was being done, before the release, we were told that DM was all CG. We've all seen storys like that on the "inside edition/access hollywood type shows.

3. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    The scene wasn't filmed just for the dvd. The fx were completed just for the dvd.

Oddly I never noticed how people say the fx are lower quality on the TPM deleted scenes, but I do think they look terrible in the AOTC deleted scenes.

4. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    ;) lol don't you think you exagerate a bit here?

5. OX-FAN-WHO

OX-FAN-WHO Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2003

";) lol don't you think you exagerate a bit here? "

no!

6. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    excuse me ,in fact I replied to muul's post: So does Palpatine...I didn't realize that there was a page2!

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Then let me reply: No ;)

OX-FAN-WHO: As was already said, the waterfall was filmed but never finished. All the CG work on it was done for the DVD. Noone ever said that they
    FILMED it for the DVD.

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I would really be interested in seeing a clip of the non-split apart Maul falling down the pit.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I saw TPM in theaters twice and saw him get sliced in half both times. I never saw the other Maul death.

10. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Why would there be any question about this? Dead is dead, and the boy ain't coming back! :oops:

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I remember on my first showing on TPM that Maul didn't split. I thought it was really cool when I saw it a second time and saw Maul falling down in two parts.

When my mum saw the DVD one time, she said "Oh, I didn't realise his legs were cut off."

12. Xizor_Prince

Xizor_Prince Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    He was most certainly cut in half.. Where did the blood spew from? What did Obi Wan cut when he swang his light saber at an un protected Maul? Yup ladies and gentleman, he cut that fool in half....

13. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Each time my sisters and I saw it in the theater...I think the count was around 10 times give or take a couple times...Maul was cut in half. *sniff* What we didn't remember seeing at each of those viewings was the big spray of blood when Obi slices him.

That's not to say there wasn't a little in the theater, but that I think for the video/DVD release they enhanced it... Afterall, the reason for slicing Maul in half in the first place is so that they don't get another Boba Fett...managing to crawl out of the hole they tossed him into in future EU stories and complicating things. Making sure the blood is seen clearly would help drive a final nail in the coffin.

Knowing how Lucas likes to release multiple versions of the same movie (be it various video versions or even one or two different theatrical versions) and continue tweeking, it really wouldn't surprise me if there were at least a couple of versions released, even if by accident for the most part.

There was a shot in AotC with Dooku that I could've sworn I had seen in the theater the first time, but after that (if following showings and in the DVD release) I haven't seen the exact same angle. So who knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.