main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Plagueis in IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DANNASUK, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Good lord...

Darth Bary likes this.
  2. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    It IS the greatest Star Wars novel to date

3. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    The Jacen/Jaina Solo series was way better. I've read alot of the star wars books and the Plagueis book was pure ****.

Darth Lurker and kalzeth like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So what you're telling me is Nute Gunray was Darth Plagueis? I can believe that.

5. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    Maybe JJ is a big fan of Darth Plagueis?

rebelknight1 likes this.
  6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe Nute Gunray was the son of Plagueis?

7. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    not going to lie, when i was watching "that scene" in TLJ, it felt like a massive victory for all us anti-plagueis folks.

I almost burst out laughing after the movie when i started to think of all the plagueis theorists seeing that scene.

8. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011

I was hyped to see who Snoke would be, but I did like the whole "not everybody has to be somebody" thing the film had going on

9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Snoke is Plagueis. He survived Sheev, and he will stand up again :D

rebelknight1 likes this.
  10. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Plagueis had more backstory than Snoke ever did and Plagueis didn't even show up on the big screen.
    Must be fun to be part of LFL story group.

11. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe Plagueis will find the destroyed lightsaber, put it together again, turn it red and rule the galaxy [face_dunno]

12. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Maybe Plagueis is actually Snoke´s father. And in episode IX he will seek revenge against RJ for writing such a bad plot for his son.

KSennia, Vohnkar and Darth Smurf like this.
  13. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I am sparticus!!!

Vohnkar and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. starkiller1980

starkiller1980 Jedi Knight

Jul 12, 2010
    He's going to be 1/2 Snoke, 1/2 Maul. Best villain ever.

Vohnkar and D'an like this.
  15. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

And 1/2 Gamorrean. MaulSnokePig

[​IMG]

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth Plagueis in IX

Wildcatbarry and Micro_Chip like this.
  17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Maybe not Plaguis BUT perhaps Snoke's body was just a vessel filled with a dark spirit.

Kylo will probably still be haunted. Right now Kylo's a bumbling, wavering, unstable, and conflicted villain. Certainly that's new but it's also weak because Kylo has already been punked by Rey.

I'm guessing Kylo may go to the dark side world and get advisement from someone else.

Maybe, symbolically, the real enemy is the dark side itself and the only way to defeat it is to go to the dark side world.

KSennia likes this.
  18. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    LOL, Plagueis will not be mentioned or referenced in Episode 9.

19. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    At first, I’d be sympathetic to your claim. But, he undermines my boy. He should have died prior to TPM events. Not that I had a problem per se with Luceno revising film canon per se. Just didn’t like Palpatine being demoted.

20. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Only if we get the simultaneous return of Darth Vegas.

This thread is why we cannot have nice things.

dlbates and TadoFett like this.
  21. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Darth Plagueis has become the character I am most tired of in Star Wars and the one I dislike the most. The dislike of Plagueis came in large part due to his vivisecting of other beings, but "Snoke is Plagueis" is why I am soooo tired of Darth Plagueis. If Snoke did turn out to be Plagueis at this point it would be the most boring thing ever and actually undermine his surprisingly not boring demise. It's bad enough that I don't know if Snoke is really dead. But it's just worse if he's not really dead AND he's Darth Plagueis.

22. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Tell, oh wise oracle. What exactly did we know about Palpatine at the end of ROTJ? I'll tell you: Diddley Squat. And the OT would have still been awesome is we never learned another thing about him.

This is just pearl-clutching, IMO.

TadoFett likes this.
  23. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Lol! Just going to say it, this thread is ridiculous, and since there is zero chance of Plagueis being in the next movie, I think this should be closed.

That being said, Strongbow is right. There was absolutely zero backstory on the Emperor in the original movies, and then he died. The same as Snoke, but spread over three movies. Heck, we didn't even get that his name was Palpatine on screen.

Also, there is almost no backstory at all for Plagueis in the new canon. Just what is mentioned in ROTS, and a tiny bit in the Lords of Sith novel. The rest is not canon. We can't even say for sure that he is a Muun anymore.

Wildcatbarry and Strongbow like this.
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    So the story group and Abrams can't come up with an interesting and convincing new super villain? A character who is revealed to be the one pulling Snoke's strings, keeping themselves out of view whilst the New Republic is being destroyed. Then they can step forward, the saviour of the galaxy...sounds an awful lot like Palpatine, with Snoke as a sort of powerful version of Tarkin.

But then evil is repetitive - we live in a world that has had Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein and now Kim Jong-un. All dictators, all rule with an iron boot and all guilty of purging any opposition to them.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    ...I am still amazed people are taking the thread topic seriously, after I pointed out I was just carrying on the Plagueis debate for giggles.

Immortiss and Wildcatbarry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.