main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Plagueis Novel by Luceno --- Canceled!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 000, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Luceno to Pen Plagueis Page-turner

" In 2008, readers will learn more. James Luceno, author of the bestselling Cloak of Deception and Darth Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, has been contracted by Del Rey Books to write a novel about Darth Sidious and his Muun mentor, Darth Plagueis. As is to be expected on all matters of the Sith, details remain obscured by the shadow of the dark side, but in time, more will be revealed.

Luceno's as yet untitled book is scheduled for hardcover release in 2008."

Original post follows:

The details have been ironed out and should be announced tomorrow, [link=http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=222689&start=2160]according[/link] to Sue Rostini. So I created this thread for the hell of it to speculate what it'll be about and who'll write it for the next 20 hours or so. Whoever comes closest gets to say "look, I was closest!"

I say it's most likely an intertrilogy novel, dealing with some sort of major pre-established character, and probably written by a new author.

I'd [i]like[/i] it to have a 1,000 BrS plus setting, or better yet a 25,000 BrS plus setting, but we know how likely [i]that[/i] is. I'd also like to see Stover get another crack at Star Wars.

Zahn's Fel-and-EotH-clean-up-story would be welcome too, especially given recent developments.

So: predictions?

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    It will be a Lando novel!! :D

That or another Old Republic novel.

3. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Lando novel? Heh. Dream on, Zebra. :p

4. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I shall go to my grave believing!!!! :p

5. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Lando's already had 3, :)

What I would like is a proper Qui-Gon novel.

6. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A Darth Ruin(?) novel set 2000 years bby showing how the new sith wars began, a nice tie in to Path of Destruction.

Kind of like how they did Survivors Quest and then Outbound Flight.

I can dream can't I.

7. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Another by Stover would be nice, but...not too likely IMO.

Maybe Republic Commando: Order 66? :p
    As if Karen doesn't have enough to do with LOTF and her own series.

And I can't imagine Zahn doing yet another novel in that same period.

Another novel detailing the New Republic years wouldn't be bad if it was done right, or one showing more of the 5 year gap between the NJO and Dark Nest, focusing on not-essential-to-LOTF characters of course. Same with the NJO, as much as some might hate it. Something not covering the Big Three or their immediate family and friends.

Or a new X-Wing novel? :D
    Stackpole returns for another go around?

Or there're always the Dark Times and KOTOR periods to explore. Those are probably the most likely, considering the other periods are littered with novels and triologies and the like as it is.

Other than that or the odd Lando novel, not sure...

It'll be interesting to see what Sue pulls on us.

8. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot to say how great it'd be to get a hardcover about the campaign of 48. It's even less likely than a 25,000 BrS one, but it'd sure as hell be nice.

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    A Jedi purge era novel by Luceno featuring Olee Starstone.

10. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    I'm hoping for another Sith Era (or is it called Old Republic Era?) novel, hopefully by Stover.

EDIT: I changed my mind. I wanna see a novel detailing Jacen's journey between TUF and DN. By Stover, of course.

11. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Yes. He needs another one. One that doesn't over-use Earthisims such as dinosaurs and the like.

12. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Gray Lord: The Rise of Rokur Gepta

13. Ph0enix

Jul 22, 2002
    I wouldn't mind it. It'd be nice to see more of his and Tendra's relationship anyhow. And how he's coping with the success of his business. Although that could probably be covered in LOTF a bit easier.

14. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    I love the Lando Trilogy. So wonderfully quirky.

"Don't call me Master!"

15. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I'm guessing that it will be a Clone Wars Novel based on the Confederacy. Maybe a few Dark Acolytes. Mandalorians.[face_thinking]

16. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I'd like to see more Sith era stuff. I'm super stoked for Path of Destruction, and would love to see more in that vein.

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I?ll venture a guess that they throw a bone to all the ?dark and gritty? haters:

The Dark Warlord Superweapon, by Kevin J. Anderson

It is a dark, but not too dark, time for the New Republic. Upon waking up to realize the last ten years of his life were nothing more than a dream, Jedi student Jacen Solo sets a course to Bastion in order to buy a cake to take to the surprise birthday party for his brother, Anakin Solo. Jacen?s trip soon turns disastrous, however, when the cake store turns out to be a front for a crime syndicate headed by a ruthless and charismatic warlord bent on destroying the New Republic. Meanwhile, Han Solo, his life partner Chewbacca, and Leia Organa Solo are off doing some other stuff. Thus once more Luke Skywalker must swoop in and save the day. Will he make it on time? Will Anakin Solo remain on the morally righteous path and eat only one piece of cake instead of two?

To both questions, the answer is yes.

18. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Snerk.

19. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    A Darth Andeddu novel??

They did say they had "plans" for him....

20. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Hmmm.... [face_thinking] A distinct possibility. And with the Sith returning to the SW universe both in novel and comic form perhaps they're going to create a series of sith lord novels in the vein of the Bane novel coming out.

21. Thanos6

Apr 20, 1999
    They should hire some real life historian to co-author a book on the history of the Sith with Daniel Wallace...

22. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    What would be the point of that? Better to just read the NEC and have the new novel be something new.

23. Ph0enix

Jul 22, 2002
    Hell...just get Abel.

Although I'm sure if the two of them ever did attempt to write an entire book, the novel wouldn't come out within two years...or the decade. They'd be researching until...forever.

24. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Hmm...

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction: A Novel of the Old Republic
    Darth Ruin: Rise of an Empire: A Novel of the Old Republic
    Darth Millenial: Descent into Obscurity: A Novel of the Slightly Newer But Still Old Republic
    Darth Revan: Who the Hell Am I: A Novel of the Much Older Republic
    Darth Adeddu: Korriban Is Scary: A Novel of the Very Old Republic, Or Maybe The Newer But Still Old Republic, Or Maybe Even Not The Republic At All

25. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Along with my Lando prediction I'm also going to say Kyle Katarn will finally get his own novel :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.