main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Plagueis Novel by Luceno --- Canceled!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 000, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Actually, if you go the the "Memory of San Hill" thread, I just posted a pic that shows his body (from the movie) :D

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    But if humans can have different personalities, why not other species. We've seen it in others (Wookies, Twileks etc.). Why not Muuns.

At least a Muun is different.

3. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, plus, Muuns can be creepy.

I mean, just think about it, you wouldn't want to have a Muun behind your back right now....

4. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Marvellous. I'm especially happy that James Luceno got to write the novel (he should've written the ROTS novelization IMHO) as he has proven himself to be one of the authors who best understands the continuity and characters as well as being a very talented author. It's interesting that Plagueis was a Muun, that was something I didn't expect. I can't wait for October 2008!

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Darth Sidious: Muunny's Boy

It was certainly an interesting choice of race... I love Luceno's other stuff, and I loved the Plagueis references in DL, so we'll see how this plays out.

6. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Sids was trained by a Muun?:eek:
    Wow....

7. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    A very good subject, not so sure about the author. Luceno´s work has been mostly average, except LoE that was good. And it´s good to see a non-Human Sith Lord, although Plagueis being a Muun feels somewhat odd... but better Muun than Ewok.

8. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    I think this Muun is gonna be quite different from the Others we've met.....

Maybe they have already illustrated him?? I mean, isn't it a coincidence that they modestly point out his race just before an Insider Issue devoted to the Sith is Shipped??? I hope they have indeed illustrated him and show him to us early on. Don't wanna wait to long.

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This is beyond, beyond, beyond...
    *gasping for breath*

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I know it's been addressed 50 times by now but...

A Muun?

I think I'd rather see Sidious bow to a Chevin

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/ephantmon/img/eu_bg.jpg]

I do also feel that depicting an apprentice Sidious would most likely humanize the character more than I'd like, but that depends. If it's in a timeframe leading immediately up to Sidious' betrayal of his master than it could be good. However, if it's about how Sidious was first picked up as an apprentice or in an earlier time frame like that I think it will ruin the Sidious character.

11. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    One thing I always hated about SW: everything is the same. Tatooine is ALL desert. Hoth is ALL frozen. Endor is ALL forest. Mustafar is ALL lave. Coruscant is ALL city. That's just dumb. And they were doing the same thing with species (and even humans). All Corellians are like Han Solo. All Hutts are like Jabba. All Wookiees are like Chewie. That's stupid, and just plain unnatural.

Thinking that Plagueis will make a bad Sith Lord just because the only other one seen in the movies wasn't an evil mother****er is dumb. Not all humans are alike, not all Muuns are alike.

Anyway, I'm pumped for this as Luceno has been one of my fave authors since a throwaway line about Jorus C'baoth in CoD. He knows more about continuity than anyone outside of LFL and can easily bring characters and plots together. Hopefully we will see some of Qui-Gon seeking the training of the Whills in this, too.

12. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I just wonder will this really be novel about Darth Plagueis, or more in the vein of Dark Lord? So that Darth Plagueis would just be one of several main characters, and perhaps not even the one who gets most of the spotlight time. Oh, too close to wonder about that yet.:p

13. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    This is really interesting.

Plagieus, a Muun.

He must have plenipotentiary auditing powers at LFL, I suppose.

14. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Why would an apprentice Sidious make him seem more human? Why can't he be an evil bastard who's plotting to kill his master right from the beginning? He doesn't have to be a nice kid who was turned evil by Plagueis. He was more likely evil right from the beginning which is why Plagueis choose him to begin with.

15. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Wasn't what I meant. Up til now, Muuns haven't been portrayed in a particuarly flattering light, their species mostly being represented as cowards. Obviously that's not a true representation of the species as a whole, but it seems to leave a certain impression in the mind - to me, Muun = weedy guys with bad dental hygine. It would be like suddenly having a Jawa as the Dark Lord of the Sith: now, that would admittedly be pretty cool, but, as previously portrayed, Jawas doesn't seem to immediately equate "ruthless master of the dark side". Same with Muuns.

But, by all means prove me wrong, Luceno!

16. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Considering how closely guarded most of his core characters are within the Star Wars universe, isnt' it entirely possible that the story will be more about Plagueis than Palpatine? I mean, from what I understand, GL doesnt want Palpatine touched. Perhaps this will be a story about Plagueis search for that elusive "immortality" moreso than his training of Palpatine.

A Muun? Hell, I can dig it. Why cant they be force sensitive? Besides, they remind me alot of "Frankenstein" from the original movie done by Universal Pictures. Imagine a creepy, 6'9" Muun sith lord, who only speaks when he has to, and has a deep, whispery voice, is prone to fits of rage, and is ultimately very cruel. Imagine HIM coming to your sith dorm room at six in the morning to wake you for breakfast....>WHICH, i might add, consists of a freshly opened can of "WHOOPA$$!!!!!"

17. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    jeez - some of you guys are almost as bigoted as the Empire!!! all this hatred of muuns and such!!! lol

i mean - to hate an entire race based on 3 or 4 bad examples??!?!?!!!

dare i point out... heaven forbid... darth plaguies is a human?? i mean we do have humans like richard simmons, napolean dynomite, david spade -- and a whole lot of other weird-o types as far as looks and whiny voices...

get the drift?

18. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Really now.... A muun? Im just waiting for them to correct a typo and say Sidious' master is actually a moon. it would explain why he loved the death star so much he built it in his own image thrice and has a hatred for living "moons" like sekot.

Maybe Cowardice is the source of Plagueis hunt for immortality, moreover maybe its fear from his own apprentice...

19. Imperial_Commandant

Imperial_Commandant Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    What's the big deal with him being a Muun? I always pictured Plagueis being a thin, pale SOB, a Muun is perfect for the "scary pale guy" look.

20. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Hate leads to suffering. There is no emotion, there is peace. :p

I don't hate the Muuns. But it is common in Star Wars for entire species to be grouped under a single category - Hutts, Twi'leks, Rodians...although there are a few exceptions, which is the case here.

21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Star Wars: Shadows of War: The Story of Darth Plagueis
    Star Wars: Teaching Palpatine: Darth Plagueis' biggest challenge (and Mistake)

22. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    You know, with Luceno writing this, anything is possible.

For example, the very end of Dark Lord. They cut to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon having a little chat! I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Luceno does something like this again. He has a great ability to throw some of our favorite characters out at us and blindside us with them.

23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It can't be the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise.

No, no, no...

The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis, the tall, thin, rich, spoiled Muun

Hope he doesn't muun anyone...that would be bad[face_laugh]

24. wade1972

wade1972 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Stupid question but what the heck is a Munn??? Is it that creature thing with the long snooty face in that pic?

I don't care who/what he was - I'm just happy as hell we'll get a book about him.

Palpatine had an anti-alien bias so maybe this is where it comes from?

25. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.