main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Darth Vader by Greg Pak, February 2020

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Yes, but for once I literally have no commentary. Vader barely appears in this issue and does nothing of importance. This issue is the definition of filler.

I can’t wait for this Bounty Hunter Arc to end so Vader can get back to doing interesting things again.

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I have to admit, I read last issue rather quickly. I think it deserves a better look, but I got something in my mind about it anyway, haha...

So, I have been eagerly waiting for this issue ever since I saw the solicitation. Something about Vader facing a dignitary (of sorts) made me dream of wild conspiracies and Amedda and that ilk deep in potilical procedures to keep the Sith Lord at bay. "You bring a lightsaber to the Senate building? you had to fill this form first!" and such.

And then, we get this curious idea that high ranked administrators work as some sort of cult. That's rather interesting, but until further development, I still find the Prophets more appealing. The whole cult was absolutely a throwaway for Vader to deal with some guys dressed in black robes, like killing dozens of similarly dressed poor devils on Exegol made a hobby out of it for him. And the thing about Moore´s... hand? I swore I saw a panel where she was getting cut down, but then, she only held her hand in pain, and there was later references of some sort of abilities (including in her dealings with Mas Amedda) but I found it rather confusing. Still, as I said, I read though it rather quickly.

One last thing, in the end... didn't the whole thing feel a little rushed? Moore ended up looking like an idiot, her cohorts absolutely disposable (and here I was, thinking that the bearded one was going to be a new Joruus C`Baoth) and even IG-88 career was unceremoniously finished in this issue. I imagine we will get more development out of this storyline, but still, I felt the issue needed more time to breath...

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    there's something really funny to me about Sly Moore being busted down to sub-administrator into the basement of the Imperial Palace and using a folding card table for a desk. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Also no one gonna talk about the random alien in Imperial officer uniform ???

Dawud786 likes this.
  5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    tbf he was in the basement

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett and Daneira like this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fair. They may allow aliens technically to join but you'll more likely get tossed in the basement.

Dawud786 likes this.
  7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I canNOT stop laughing at Sly's pout. This is my favorite panel in months. I didn't even see Ochi laughing in the background on my first read through yesterday, so when I spotted him today I cracked up all over again. Oh my gosh, she is just shattered, lol.

[​IMG]

In addition to the Devaronian shown in the preview pages, there looks to be a Duros and a Bith or two in some later panels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I love Sly's pout but honestly I still can't get over her card table because it looks exactly like the table I put the condiments on when I'm having a cookout.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Maybe gotten more lax on it's recruitment policy, or they allow them in administrative duties.

Awushi Awere and Vialco like this.
  10. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    New art for a cover, I believe
    [​IMG] Source
    Featuring what looks like two Lord of the Rings weapons glued together.

I haven't caught up with this comic in a while, but I love the fact that Ochi fans exist out there.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  11. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Looks like a possible variant tbh

clone commander bossk likes this.
  12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    [face_rofl]

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Looks like Ochi has kacked himself on the cover - all those brown stains.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Looks like dry blood to me but...

... I do like Oochi getting so much love.

He does need building up because his presence TROS was just one MacGuffin too many - you can't have so many MacGuffin's in one movie.

And I am being generous by treating two Sith wayfinders as one (admittedly ingenious) MacGuffin.

I caveat this by saying how much I love TROS and it is close to edging our ROTS as my favourite.

Yes I like Palpatine basically embracing the 'I'm the Actual Devil' angle; which the Vader comics really to emphasise.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't help but think he suffers from Too Much Starscream.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh I can definitely see that.

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-november-2021-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #18

GREG PAK (W) • RAFFAELE IENCO (A) • Cover by AARON KUDER
    LUCASFILM ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY KEN LASHLEY

RED REVENGE!

• Fearful whispers echo in every corner of the Empire – Darth Vader is on the hunt, searching for anyone with any connection to the criminal organization known as Crimson Dawn.

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I'M ON THE HUNT!
    [​IMG]

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    A filler issue but I’ve grown to like Ochi, and his relationship with Vader is enjoyable.

Vialco and Awushi Awere like this.
  20. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    Yesss! Absolutely! I feel like I understand Ochi as a character more and more. Even in his clumsyness I found him even a bit badass on this issue. ^^

Vialco likes this.
  21. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    You've pretty much summed up all of this crossover right there.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Vader teamed with a funny sidekick sounds like it would never work. In practice, Marvel has not only pulled it off successfully, they've done so twice. Crazy.

Daneira and QuinlanSolo like this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

See I think the Marvel comics can do this wacky stuff in a way that things like the Disney + stuff can do.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Remember, we're talking of the company that published Howard the Duck and they had Squirrel Girl deck Thanos along with a Cable & Deadpool series that had Cable as straight man to Deadpool's clown.