main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Darth Vader by Greg Pak, February 2020

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I like Sabe`, am a big fan of the Queens novels and honestly want to see as much as her as we can.

wreath, Jedi Ben and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Here's the synopsis for issue 26...

...And... wow. This is bad. Like, sounds-like-an-April-fools-prank bad...

INTO THE SAND!
    • We all know about Anakin Skywalker's aversion to finely ground particulate matter.
    • But what does sand mean to the Dark Lord of the Sith?
    • When Sabé, Vader's unlikely new ally, goes missing, Vader must confront his own dark heart in the maelstrom of a terrible sandstorm – while tapping into one of his earliest skills in a wildly unexpected way!
    ..."What does sand mean to the Dark Lord of the Sith?"

...I think I just dropped this series.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Vialco likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    You know he dosent like sand,:p

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Vialco likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    A Vader comic series going beyond issue #25, I'm surprised that this happened for this run. I hope they drop the Valance side story soon though, it truly bores me to death each month.

5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's just the write-up having a bit of fun. It's happened before. The real story is this:
    When Sabé, Vader's unlikely new ally, goes missing, Vader must confront his own dark heart in the maelstrom of a terrible sandstorm – while tapping into one of his earliest skills in a wildly unexpected way!

Vader trapped in a monster sandstorm and having flashbacks seems fine.

Ghost and QuinlanSolo like this.
  6. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I know it's just a write-up (an incredibly stupid one), but I've been disliking the direction of this series for a while, with all the
    guest stars or elements from other SW films/shows just showing up, characters from Anakin's past just showing up, Vader being OOC, more Crimson Dawn stuff, more Sabé and less Ochi, the one side-character I liked...

So no thanks, I'm done. Ready for a new series with a new writer. Maybe they'll make one after Kenobi premieres. With all the anticipation for Vader in that series, I'm sure they'd like to cash in on the hype.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well seems like you disliked the whole point of the series premise, then. Those things are what makes it popular and unique.

Vialco and Darth Corydon like this.
  8. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    they won't randomly relaunch one series with a new writer when the current is still in the middle of their run

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    I don't have a problem with this run personally. I just want to know factually if Crimson Dawn's thorough infiltration of the Empire was one of the reasons for Palpatine's Contingency, and what does that mean for Maul acting in opposition to him before his death.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  10. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    @Ghost: I wouldn't mind some of this stuff; in the earlier issues it was more fresh, but now it's dragging on, repeating plots, and over-relying on shoehorned cameos.

And no Vader series should have "make Vader OOC" be the "whole point", IMO. Again, it's just going in a direction I don't like. Oh well.

@Darth Corydon: I said ''maybe they'll make one after Kenobi premieres", not that they'd relaunch a series during this one. Maybe in a year or so. This one does seem to have gone on for a long time compared to the others.

11. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    they won't make one until the whole publishing line baring high republic era comics transition to post Return of the jedi

12. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Has that been announced, or are you just speculating?

13. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Speculating but it seems the most likely. The 40th anniversary of ROTJ is fast approaching. And the period between ESB and ROTJ is anywhere between six and nine months. And it seems pretty clear we're at the half-way mark of that timeskip.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The chances of Marvel doing a surprise SW series with no media fanfare in advance is near-zero.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if they would instead of doing a Darth Vader comic after Kenobi tv show, they do Inquisitors, more important The Grand Inquisitor. We got him a little in Darth Vader 2017, he had his big precense in Rebels. But in Kenobi, he be known worldwide.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Ithorians likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't know, there seems to be a big steer clear zone around all TV stuff.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah, it depends on how mutch the Inquisitors are featured after Kenobi.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The new EU/Disneyverse literature has not been particularly great about exploring the new on-screen villains. The Kylo Ren comics left... much to be desired. The Phasma stuff was ok. Thrawn and Vader have both had a good run, but they're not "new". It would be nice to see something specific to the Inquisitors.

Ithorians and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You got 5 main Inquisitors you can tell stories with, do a test with a 5 mini series of the Grand Inquisitor. Grand Inquisitor, 5th brother, 7th sister, 8th brother, 2nd sister and 3rd sister Reva.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just do a mini series with all of them, each gets an issue.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    16 years of Inquisitors, do a mini series and if does good do more with them. I still want book of the Inquisitors. Lets see Grand Inquisitor, as his time as a jedi.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Ithorians likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    After Soule had the Inquisitors steamrollered by Vader, they need some serious restoration work.

iPodwithnomusic and Vialco like this.
  23. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I just want Grand inky's name so we finally know it

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also Intresting is Grand Inquisitor is the third in rank behind Darth vader.

Ithorians likes this.
  25. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    The idea of a series about the Inquisitors is something that would work fine, I think. At least I would love to see not only how someone like the Fifth Brother worked as a Jedi, but also some of their victories hunting Jedi in the Dark Times period. Lots of potential for tragedy there!

It's also understandable that Lucasfilm wants to keep them mysterious, but they been around for enough to deserve more exploration...

All I know is that if they end up revealing his name to be Laddinare Torbin, my Canon and Legends head canon realities will go basically like this:
    [​IMG]