main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Darth Vader by Greg Pak, February 2020

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    I've been trying to figure out how this Darth Vader run fits in with the Hidden Empire crossover, and it turns out that
    the Fermata Cage disturbance occurred while Sabé was hunting down Jul Tambor. How long was she on the hunt? Did all of Hidden Empire occur during issue 28 of Darth Vader? Because Vader was all over Hidden Empire with no Sabé in sight. I guess it works if you squint a bit. o_O

2. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Good point, and people are constantly expecting XYYZ death it's not very dramatic.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Aphra and Ochi's interactions were great, the latter even showed some "treacherous minions" solidarity. Although her literally seeing visions about Vader's character development is a lazy writing.

Smug Amedda is quite entertaining, hope that this series will have a post-RotJ epilogue, showing his initial reaction to Palpatine's "death".

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  4. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Aphra is all over the place. And I love it. And to think they almost killed her off once.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
  5. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    So is that the end of Sabe?

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Context?

7. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    What happened in issue #34.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's Marvel and Star Wars, no one's ever really gone.

JediFett10 and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Finished issue #33.

This has been the most consistently good Star Wars monthly comic for a while now.

Love the proxy-Padme substitute via Sabe. It's been done well. Lots of character development to explore there.

4.5/5

10. The Empire_59

The Empire_59 Jedi Padawan

Apr 1, 2022
    I saw the preview of Darth Vader #37 and it seems that Mas Amedda will be the antagonist of Vader. It’s about time because he was always in the background in the comics, even if he had his own moments.

Barriss_Coffee and Stymi like this.
  11. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Yea, I'm enjoying it as well. This time period is also very interesting. I agree on Sabe as well.

Stymi likes this.
  12. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Sabe is what has made this whole run interesting. I'm still unsure if she is
    is playing some kind of deep deep double agent game that she seems to not be letting anyone else in on, or if she really has fallen.

13. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    I’d like to think that not even she is really sure anymore.

QuinlanSolo and Stymi like this.
  14. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    After I've been singing this books praises, #34 was a bit of a let down.

Vader has some kind of Force level up he can't control, and Sabe is caught in the middle of it. The level up felt a bit overdone (and anime-ish). And it causes some kind of Sabe vision (is she Force sensitive now?) where she becomes the fascist she apparently wants to be deep down inside to make people agree in order to finally have the peace Padme dreamt of.

Is there flirting going in between Sabe and Vader? That would honestly be pretty cool and messed up and complicated. But I don't think Marvel Star Wars has the guts to run with something like that.

3.75/5

15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    What do you think of the last 2 issues?

16. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Was nice to see Piett from a more noble side. Plagueis' reference was rather unexpected.

17. Supreme Leader Woke

Dec 29, 2017
    Hard disagree. Sure, we're introduced to a more noble side of Piett from Corleque's point of view... but only until it really matters and the nostalgia goggles are flung off. The four seconds Piett affords Corleque this second time around aren't enough to make a difference. The order to "fire when ready" exposes Piett as just another ruthless b*****d scrambling to retain his place in the Imperial hierarchy.

18. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Well, this time it is a (mecha)zombie situation, so Piett ordering to destroy Corleque's ship is a necessary evil to prevent the futher infestation, in this case he is saving not only his own skin, but also his underlings and Imperials on other ISDs.

19. Supreme Leader Woke

Dec 29, 2017
    Sure, it’s the obvious choice — just not the noble one that Corleque’s lionized version of Piett would have made.

Faced with the same situation, Corleque refused to act immediately, out of a misjudged sense that, ‘well, Piett’s an honorable officer. Surely he would do the same for me.’

20. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Sadly Corleque did not have a Vader on his ship, so Piett could not afford himself extra honor.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Solicit for issue #42 sounding interesting...
    [​IMG]

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nice TROS connection

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Once again, Zaarin would fit in great here, though I know that isn't likely to happen.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I liked the recent issue.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I request elaboration.