main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader Costume...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JayFank, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bh-4703

bh-4703 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2007
    here is the armor...
    I think you can see the attachments...right?

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/bobdes/projectvader/large/DSC00373.jpg]

What do you think?

2. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    yep, that looks like a earlier release, and the hooks are too high up. if it were me, i would carefullt dremel them off, touch up the spots left with black paint, and make new hooks, and place them where they need to be.

you can make them from brass rods from the hardwares tore and thread them to bolt on, or use large cotter pins and reshape them to look like the rubies hooks, and have 1 hole, with reshaped cotter pin stickin down in the hole, then use a washer that fits pin on underside, and spread the pin ends out flat, and epoxy them down.

heres a pic of mine and where porty placed the hooks at, its lower than what yours is:

[image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0008.jpg]

3. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    man...I feel SOOO bad asking all these questions from all of you guys. :-(

I really do appreciateALL of your help. I am supposed to wear Vader at the Cornell medical Center Pediatrics Holiday Party this Frioday and really need to finish as much aspossible.

What is a COTTER PIN? :-(

4. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    Would it work if I took out the cape attachmetns on my Rubies Deluxe and attached them to the Porty?

5. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    Well, I think I finished. lol (for now, anyway)

I trooped an event at Cornell Hospital in NYC for the kids holiday party.
    What do you think?

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/bobdes/projectvader/websize/DSC00384a.jpg]
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/bobdes/projectvader/large/DSC00382%20copy.jpg]

6. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    sorry been out awhile. bad arsed ice storm hit and almost all of the NE corner of OK was out of power, and at my house right now, i still dont have power. been out for a week now, and been stayin with a friend who got his power back wednesday, him and us both lost power last sunday.

he had a fireplace, so we stayed there. i went out friday and bought a generator, man, i have had it running for 3 days straight, and spent 80 bucks in gas for it, and not to mention it cost me 550 bucks for the generator. my X-mas looks pretty bleak, like alot of others around here now. theres still lots of folks with no power, and like myself, we have no idea when the heck we will get it back.

costume looks good BTW.

7. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    Where did everybody go??? :-(

8. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    still around, but the ice storm kept me off line for a week and a half. it has been a lil lax round here tho.

9. Huzz

Huzz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Hey!!

That looks really great BH!! The costume looks really nice and I think does a great job of nicely capturing the ROTS look.

I've been away due to the Christmas festivities. And by the way, I hope you, Lan and the others here had a great Christmas break.

Huzz

10. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    not really Huzz. that ice storm kinda killed things round oklahoma in my neck o da woods.

short pay, and such and i had to blow 550 on a generator and all. killed my X-mas this year.

11. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    Can someone please PM me L.A.'s contact info?
    Ineed a new cape.

12. seduced

seduced Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2005

PM sent!

13. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    I have been contacted by L.A. and understand that he has 2 different cape/robe sets.
    One is wool and the other is Alpacuna. This is description I got offline from an alpacuna coat.
    This is an elegant, and heavy, warm men's black wool (Alpacuna...contains alpaca, mohair, wool, and cotton but no vicuna ) single-breasted overcoat, but feels and looks like cashmere.

Does anyone have any advice for either one? There is a $70 difference in price. The wool is more $$$.

Thanks!

14. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    wool is movie correct, the other isnt, but looks and acts like wool.

if your not anal bout the accuracy, the OTHER less pricey version, will work just fine.

15. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanks Lan.

Is there a difference in weight or the way the material flows?
    Also, is there anything specific that I need to tell LA about the ROTS cape? Hooks, collar, etc...

16. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    i think the lesser priced version is a lil lighter, and just tell LA thats its a ROTS cape, which has no leather collar, i think the option is there for a fabric collar, which is what you want for rots.

and dont forget to ask for the clasps on the capes collar ends.

a friend of mine got his, and LA used a lil larger clasp than what is supposed to be there, but he said he replaced them with a lil smaller clasp. theyre lobster claw clasps, BTW.

17. new73142

new73142 Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2008
    I've reading info from this website for months and decided to show what so many of you have helped me to create. First link contains the mods to the Rubies Supreme costume.

http://web.mac.com/justinnewton/iWeb/Site/Becoming%20Vader.html

I thought it would end there but making this costume better has becomes somewhat of an obsession. So here's a side by side comparison of what's been done since.

http://web.mac.com/justinnewton/iWeb/Site/Return%20of%20the%20Dark%20Lord.html

Have Star Fortressarmor and Fenixprops (LA) suit if anyone needs the lowdown. I recently bought the Porty chest box and was pretty disappointed with it. So much so, that I decided to go back to the Rubies box and modify it. The parts of the Porty box that I will use will be the green and red static lights. Anyone out there know where I can get a circuit board to fit the Rubies box that has a screen accurate light sequence. Somebody on E-bay used to sell the kits, but I can't seem to get my hands on his name. Thanks.

18. new73142

new73142 Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2008
    LA's contact address is: la@fenixprops.com

He generally answers within 24 hours.

19. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    i got mine from a ebay seller that does ALL light versions for ALL boxes. look maybe under chestbox lightkits, you might find it. or i have his email still i think if you wish.

20. Huzz

Jan 19, 2006
    I'll PM the name of that eBay seller to you.

Huzz

21. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    beat me to it bro!! lol

22. Huzz

Jan 19, 2006
  23. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    I finally ordered my cape and Robe from LA. I went with the full wool version.
    He emailed me that he bought the wool and it has begun. Hopefully I will have pics for you soon. :)

24. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    cool. one word on the cape. a friend of mine got one in rots, and he uses a clasp that a bit too large, so you might have to get smaller ones. and also, make sure if it is rots your wanting, he makes it with a fabric collar not leather.

25. bh-4703

Jan 9, 2007
    I just sent a reminder...thanks ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.