main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Moe-min

Shaw

tatooinesandworm and cwustudent like this.
  2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Could be new, but I don't see why I shouldn't be a Sephi. The slender build, the tapered ears, the skintone... It's a match.[/spoiler]

kalzeth and spicer like this.
  3. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I agree, Momin looks like a Sephi indeed. Nevertheless, there is enough room to make him a new species. We'll find out next week (provided his species is named in the issue).

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I have nothing against new species, but then again, if an alien you create looks exactly like an existing species, there really is no need to come up with a different name. Besides, new mentions/appearances by a seldom-used species are always welcome.

5. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Yeah, I was thinking of Momin, but I was looking at those other species and none of them look recognizable.

kalzeth likes this.
  6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    From that preview, I find it interesting the female Sith Shaa is not referenced as a “darth”.

And those duel sabers makes me wonder their relationship to cross guards. The sabers shown are mostly identical to modern sabers. We know the Sith also used cross guards from that Star Wars Annual issue (it bring a bit different from Malachor crossguards).

I welcome the day when we learn about the relationship crossguards had to “regular” sabers. Did they predate them or were just different designs coming about and used at around the same time?

Revanfan1, chrcharcor2 and kalzeth like this.
  7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    What if she is part of canon's equivalence of Kaan's brotherhood of darkness?
    Forsaking the Darth title in the name of equality amongst Sith?

There is still so little we know about the Old Republic Era in Canon.

8. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    This might be contradicting info, but in the RO Visual Dictionary doesn't say that Palpatine forced Vader to live there. In this series, he chooses to be there.

9. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Or the powers that be plan on making "Darth" beginning with Darth Bane when he created the Rule of Two.

10. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    I mean, there are plenty of instances across SW media where characters drop Vader’s honorific. I imagine we’ll find out on Wednesday whether or not Shaa is referred to as “Darth.”

11. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I just double-checked and the exact quote is that "Vader's personal abode is an obsidian tower on an inhospitable world. It is by the Emperor's design that Vader lives in such an unforgiving environment." So Palpatine merely planned for Vader to choose Mustafar, but he never forced him.

Force Smuggler and KamNale like this.
  12. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    Ah thank you.

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I considered that possibility as well. But wasn't sure if other Darth names had been established in canon yet so didn't mention it.

14. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome new issue :D
    I think that Momin could be my favorite new canon comic book character besides Eternal Rur
    ''TRUTH. ART. MOMIN.''

15. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    we def going to Chaos Losers

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Wow, what a great issue!

When Momin remarks that he’s “still” on Mustafar and that the planet wasn’t always a hellscape, the implication is that it’s the planet he glassed a long time ago, right? Maybe the locus in the force exists there because of his tribute to the Dark Side? Or is he just surprised that he’s possessed two people in a row on the same planet?

17. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    A question: Do you think they will release an omnibus version of the comic as they did with Gillen's run? I want this comic so badly, its so goood :D

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    JEDI LEGOLAS

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1, KamNale and 2 others like this.
  19. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Momin is definitely not a Banite Sith since he never bothered training an apprentice or followed some Rule of Two nonsense :p. And if Shaa is one then the line would be extinct (I guess there's still possibility of other pretenders to the line or secret apprentices or other workarounds though). And no Darth titles mentioned either. Btw, Shaa deserved to be owned for duelling in high heels :p.

Slater, BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.
  20. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    Funny, I've actually heard Chuck being considered the Karen Traviss of the new canon.

21. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    What does it means to open the Force Locus and "pierce the veil of time"? Seems awfully similar to Rebels' Worlds between Worlds which I'm not too fond of but I guess fits the lore here if they want to go in that direction.

kalzeth and Supreme Leader Woke like this.
  22. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Looks like Old Republic is back on the menu boys.

I like those metal sword guards on those sith sabers.

BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1, kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  23. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Amazing issue!
    I'm expecting that Momin will technically deliver on his promise, but it won't go the way Vader hopes or expects.
    I guess you are not familiar with the original Legolas-looking Jedi?
    [​IMG]

That's Dass Jennir as he appeared in Republic #79: Into the Unknown part 1. In later issues he changed his appearance to not resemble Legolas so much (as you can see from my avatar, for example).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well if he’s somehow involved in Mustafar turning into hell, then Legends has that occur in 3996 BBY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    This issue is infuriating. Not because it is a bad issue, but because it is the exact opposite. This is pure Star Wars distilled into comic form.

Now, why is the issue infuriating? Because as I read it, and how awesome it was, in the back of my mind I kept hearing that there are only 3 issues left. Why did Marvel cancel this title? Stooges.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018