main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder if Fortress Vader will be the final arc or if the series will continue past issue 25

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the new Inquisitors seem more gung-ho than their counterparts from the Burnin Seas arc and Rebels. Im not sure I like that about them. Mostly the fraternizing aspect. It's been established that the Inquisitors are cut-thoat competitive, yet they're all hanging out in a break room in this issue, and the new guys are sitting down having a drink together like amicable coworkers. What? [face_thinking]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  3. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I hope not. I'd like it to conclude with the last stand of the Jedi referenced in the Aftermath Trilogy. It would be easy to place Vader in ultimate command and it would presumably be a large battle.

KamNale likes this.
  4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The drinking scene is my favorite part in the comic lol. Especially contrasted with all the other Inquisitors just standing around and brooding.

5. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Very true. However in the Mon Cala arc they also started joking with each other with a weird feeling, and Sixth Brother ended up chopping Ninth´s leg just to have an edge in his run.

I don´t know if they are meant two of the more veteran ones, but the Twilek and the "Zeltron" do seem to know each other and work together for a while. Perhaps the very strained relationship between the Inquisitors that we saw in Rebels is also meant to be the result of fewer Jedi to hunt (presently in the comic, they have plenty of chances to prove themselves to Vader) and, perhaps, of years of them using the dark side...

Slater, MrDarth0, spicer and 9 others like this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Happy we might learn more about Kcaj, but it just seems weird to me that so many Jedi Councilors are walking around post order 66.
    Looks like anyone who wasn't explicitly shown to die survived. Seems just a bit awkward.

Hopefully Sixth brother vanishes soon. Since we are probably approaching the timeframe of the Ahsoka novel.
    Is the planet this issue is set Iridonia?
    Overall looks pretty cool
    Beyond that unremarkable issue from my POV.

Still interested in how Vader gets his pad.

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Really enjoyed this issue.

A Twi'lek Inquisitor! Kallidahins! With pretty crimson outfits! Kcaj and Rancisis name-drops! And poor Koth. Was so great to see him.

Lol, I'm such an idiot. I was transliterating the list of surviving Jedi, starting with Ka-Moon Kholi at the bottom, and thought, "Ooh, new Jedi! Name's not on Wookieepedia!" I went straight to Soule's Twitter to see if anyone got him to comment on the list yet and saw this... Kah-moon-cole-ee... Camuncoli, the penciller for the series.

Now, I don't know a single thing about handling babies, but the way the new Inquisitor woman gripped and dangled the newborn from the head/neck made me CRINGE. I felt sore for it. And for Mira, literally running around immediately after childbirth. This series is really good at making you feel bad for characters.

8. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    i certenly love this issue. I love the three new inquisitors and them having a good time on their lunch break
    Also can't belive so many senior jedi survived order 66. Funny really

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ahsoka is considered dead at this point. She faked her own death on Mandalore in the Ahsoka novel. That's why Vader was surprised to learn of her survival over a decade and a half later in the Attack on Phoenix Home.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Fantastic issue. This is the first ongoing series to make me feel giddy like the comics used to back in the Dark Horse days. Can't wait for the next one!

revan772, MrDarth0 and lordpixie like this.
  11. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I just love the order 66 survivors

revan772 likes this.
  12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    There was a list of survivors in one of the earlier comics that had Ahsoka’s name on it that took place after when she’d faked her death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I wonder who that Inquisitor is wearing that helmate is?

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    But that was a lot earlier in the timeline. The assumption was that they hadn't found the fake corpse yet.

Big Time.[face_worried]

Never much cared for the inquisitors personally. They certainly look cool, I just prefer Vader doing the action over delegating.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  15. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    So who do you think is under the helmate of the new Inquisitor

16. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I wanna see Vader fight Vos. Please. Just that.

17. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I wonder if this issuse takes place after the Ahsoka novel, because the Sixth Brother was nowhere to be seen, while we saw pretty much every other Inquisitor we knew including new ones.

Still have my fingers crossed for the return of Ninth Sister

18. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
  19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i was wondering the same thing too.
    Also remmber that its been stated that there are at least 12 Inquisitors, so there are two still missing

spicer likes this.
  20. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Since the reveal of how the Chiss use their Force sensitive children, I've been wondering if Project Harvester is about equipping Imperial fleets with Force navigators for a push into the Unknown Regions. But this pushes the timeline of it's existence back to before Palpatine met Thrawn, so I guess not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 and Ventrix like this.
  21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't think issue 25 will be the end for the Darth Vader series. I read that the video game next year is going to have a tie in with this series. So, this one could go a while.

22. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i hope issue 25 isn't the last

chrcharcor2 and Ithorians like this.
  23. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I wish we were given an approximate, but I'm sure we will eventually. At the very least, we know that this takes place after the Burning Seas arc, which was ~1 year after ROTS; so, this issue takes place sometimes during 18 BBY at the minimum, if not later.

24. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I bet it takes place after the Ashoka novel. Hence way Sixth Brother is gone

25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Somewhere in the world, just for a moment, Nathan P. Butler feels a cold chill run down his spine.

Vialco, MrDarth0, Gudenruben2 and 3 others like this.